Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,141 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (299673 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 9:22am On Sep 13, 2017
Uwemy:
I equally know two of them (PhD) who did not make it to interview but got their letter while others were having their interview @ hotel presidential. Year 2015 was the worst year in the history of the scholarship. I hope others will learn from this experience.

Just imagine the rubbish, now they may become cogs in the wheel of progress for the scheme. NDDC needs to do better . I hope the list comes out this week. Time is running out.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Alicella(f): 10:37am On Sep 13, 2017
I met a lovely lady at the CBT centre in port Harcourt, we exchanged contact. I could feel the aura of greatness around her.......we both were invited for the interview, so in August i kept on calling her and asking if she had any update, she is not given to too many words. She went to NDDC BUILDING gon gon gon. She said she will not leave until she sees the director of Education.......glory to God she had a meeting with the man. And he told her the list is with the board and he knows nothing about when it going to be released. That she ahould tell her parents to pay her tuition fees and if fortunately she is selected, she will get her money back. And she told the man "if my parents had money to pay for my tuition why will i bother myself with the scholarship in the first place?" And that is how my friend was discharged.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by jayloms: 11:04am On Sep 13, 2017
Alicella:
So i discovered 2 people who weren't invited 4 the 2015 interview, but got the scholarship. Now they are also fighting to be paid and talking about corruption. They are saying nobody should be awarded in 2017 till dey are paid LooooooooL. The heart of men desperately wicked.

I'm sure the part of the Bible that spoke about removing the log (Electric pole in d case of Nigerians) from our eyes before removing the speck from that of others, was directed specifically to Nigeria/ns.

We never see the wrong in our actions but quickly point out the wrongs of others!
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Alicella(f): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2017
jayloms:

I'm sure the part of the Bible that spoke about removing the log (Electric pole in d case of Nigerians) from our eyes before removing the speck from that of others, was directed specifically to Nigeria/ns.

We never see the wrong in our actions but quickly point out the wrongs of others!

Child of God please don't sound vague quoting me oh, make it clear. Let's us know who u are asking to remove log in dia eyes, me or our SOME of our scholars who got award letters while others were still being interviewed? And still have the audacity to say there should be no 2017 scholarship award.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Alicella:
So i discovered 2 people who weren't invited 4 the 2015 interview, but got the scholarship. Now they are also fighting to be paid and talking about corruption. They are saying nobody should be awarded in 2017 till dey are paid LooooooooL. The heart of men desperately wicked.

Wow, this is getting interesting by the day. If this is true,then those scholars shld jst shut up and dance to the music that they started. They didn't go through the process of selection and were awarded. So much arrogance and impunity.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
Hmmmmmmm @ Director of Education not knowing when list will be released...The hopelessness of the situation keeps soaring.

Alicella:
I met a lovely lady at the CBT centre in port Harcourt, we exchanged contact. I could feel the aura of greatness around her.......we both were invited for the interview, so in August i kept on calling her and asking if she had any update, she is not given to too many words. She went to NDDC BUILDING gon gon gon. She said she will not leave until she sees the director of Education.......glory to God she had a meeting with the man. And he told her the list is with the board and he knows nothing about when it going to be released. That she ahould tell her parents to pay her tuition fees and if fortunately she is selected, she will get her money back. And she told the man "if my parents had money to pay for my tuition why will i bother myself with the scholarship in the first place?" And that is how my friend was discharged.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by jayloms: 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
Alicella:

Child of God please don't sound vague quoting me oh, make it clear. Let's us know who u are asking to remove log in dia eyes, me or our SOME of our scholars who got award letters while others were still being interviewed? And still have the audacity to say there should be no 2017 scholarship award.

Lol...not you of course. Don't be surprised they'll defend themselves by saying they were fortunate to be connected. I am cocksure there would be Nigerians who would put a defense for them using that "connection" narrative.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2017
NDDC 2017 scholarship has entered voicemail everybody should just go and find something to do with their lives........
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Alicella(f): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2017
sethmelia002:
NDDC 2017 scholarship has entered voicemail everybody should just go and find something to do with their lives........
Lie from the pit of hell.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
@Alicella .If you think I am trying to bring your hopes down ask them why the delay in bringing out the list, they will respond saying they are having issues that need to be resolved. THE 2015 SET are the problem for the 2017 scholars, until those guys are sorted NDDC 2017 IS GOING NO WHERE. Whether you like it or not that is what is on ground
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
Ok speaking of the case of the said PhD scholars who did not make it to interview but got the scholarship..

Most organisations and agencies have benefits and perks for its staff and it could come in various forms.

In NDDC, if ya'll didn't know... Very top management staff members enjoy at least a SLOT for scholarship placement.

Now when such staff decides to give his/her slot to whoever s/he pleases. You can scream corruption all you want but it doesn't seem much like it.

Maybe the issue is the commission giving staff slots or maybe the issue is all of us can not have someone who is willing to give us their slot.

Now I am not saying the system is void of magu magu. I am saying a little openness and rational thinking will help us to make the right judgements and fight less.

May God grant us peace of mind as we wait and hope to make it.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
sethmelia002:
.THE 2015 SET are the problem for the 2017 scholars, until those guys are sorted NDDC 2017 IS GOING NO WHERE. Whether you like it or not that is what is on ground

What has 2015 set got to do with 2017? If the management claims and can prove it that the few yet to be paid are fraudulent,then they should terminate the scholarship after a fair hearing and proper investigations,forge ahead without fear/favour and let the cabal that issued letters cater for their wards. Such impunity is like not enrolling in a school yet u bag a degree even before legitimate students.

2) As much as favouritism cannot be ruled out,the candidates must at least go through the selection process for sanity sake.

3) That Director needs cleansing & shld do a comprehensive research on scholarship and its administration.S(he) shld have their mind restructured.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Knightcrawler1: 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
Dear 2017 prospective scholars, you need to speak up, you need to ramp up the pressure on the NDDC board,

You cannot allow the 2015 scholars pressurise the board into withholding the list.

Silence won't get the list released.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2017
xenaaa:

Maybe the issue is the commission giving staff slots or maybe the issue is all of us can not have someone who is willing to give us their slot.

Now I am not saying the system is void of magu magu. I am saying a little openness and rational thinking will help us to make the right judgements and fight less.

May God grant us peace of mind as we wait and hope to make it.

My dear most universities do have a percentage of admissions for their staff wards without rancour,but it doesn't stop the wards from going thru d selection process with a minimum acceptable performance from them. I believe the current management shld be aware of any perks 4 staff which shldn't affect the intergrity of the scheme so the 2017 list ought to be out.

If NDDC could at least communicate with us on this delay and the steps being taken to mitigate further problems, i think that will be more honourable and acceptable by us. Abi no be so?

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
Alright everyone! List is going to be out next week!!!!
Now pray up you make it!

Give it lastest Friday. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
xenaaa:
Now pray up you make it!

Lol. Mr. Prophet.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
xenaaa:
Now pray up you make it!

How did you get that information?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
No i am not prophesying. I am telling you. You don't have to take it.

viewingthistopic:

Lol. Mr. Prophet.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2017
Completely besides the point. The commission will get back to you before end of next week.

Jaybadestboy:

How did you get that information?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
Knightcrawler1:
Dear 2017 prospective scholars, you need to speak up, you need to ramp up the pressure on the NDDC board,

You cannot allow the 2015 scholars pressurise the board into withholding the list.

Silence won't get the list released.

funny enough...our 2017 set is full of people who complain behind the scenes and pray, without action

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 9:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
xenaaa:
Now pray up you make it!

your source? Sir/Madam
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by xenaaa: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
My source: NDDC MGT.

I know youll doubt that. But good thing is, next week Is almost here.

Chigojude:

your source? Sir/Madam
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Lekubumber: 7:05am On Sep 14, 2017
List not being out has nothing to do with non payment of 2014 and 2015 scholars... Go back to d lane of history.. Nddc list has always been late...some of 2013, 2014 & 2015 and even 2016 scholars differed their admission as a result late nddc compass... Wat some of us are confused about is... How can an organization be owing 2014 scholars.. Yet processing 2017 list... It makes no sense... If d previous scholarship was fraud... We expect an effective organization to b able to handle d situation on time.. Instead it ignored everyone...its absolutely not fair
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
Another Friday approaches and no word from NDDC. fellow prospectives let's have Friday adoration prayers on top Nsima head, since we can't sign the petition.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2017
Chigojude:
Another Friday approaches and no word from NDDC. fellow prospectives let's have Friday adoration prayers on top Nsima head, since we can't sign the petition.
Loool....

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
sethmelia002:
You people will not hear word, the list has been put under suspension until the problems are resolved........na wa
Eh, we don't want to hear na.
Everyone with their own info and source... na wa.
List would be out when its time
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
Exactly when it is time so everybody should just do something else in the mean time
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
xenaaa:
My source: NDDC MGT.

I know youll doubt that. But good thing is, next week Is almost here.

Then:

sethmelia002: 7:39pm
You people will not hear word, the list has been put under suspension until the problems are resolved........na wa

Who do we believe?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Alicella(f): 8:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
BRAINNY:

Then:

sethmelia002: 7:39pm

Who do we believe?
Believe whoever you want to believe. But it is very shallow for someone to think all prospective 2017 scholars dont have other things they are doing. Start a fisticuff with the NDDC MGT not transfering their frustrations on innocent niger delta youths. I am not surprised i saw this kind of Charade in the 2016 thread. Saying there won't be a list in 2016.......LoooooL people wey dey jand now sef
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
sethmelia002:
Exactly when it is time so everybody should just do something else in the mean time

Are U a staff of NDDC? cos i dnt grab or see the sense u trying to make as tho everyone except u dat comments here is jobless. Now if u are a staff with them u need to wake up and refrain from spying here to defend that "boss" who may have sent u here to defend incompetency. If u r nt part of them,then i'll suggest u contribute positivity here. Thank U.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 15, 2017
The list...

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.