Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God (643 Views)

God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. / Why Were We Given Free Will Which Could Still Lead Us To Hell? / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by luvmijeje(f): 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
This is in response to An2elect2's thread titled Freewillers Why Are Your Prayers Not Consistent With What You Believe! And below is the link to the thread :
https://www.nairaland.com/3764761/freewillers-why-prayers-not-consistent#55965342

So let's shoot.

So luvmijeje thinks even though she needs a saviour, she doesn't think she is all that bad. She thinks she has some will-power to choose Jesus or to reject him, that means she thinks she isn't really spiritually dead (since she can still choose spiritual things) but just maybe weak or sick. Lol
Honestly, I don't understand what spirituality got to do with lack of choice. 1st cor 2:14 says
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Emphasis on received. The Holy Spirit is given to those who ask and not given to whom God pleases.
Luke 11:13 says
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the holy Spirit to them that ask Him?”

Emphasis on them that ask Him. Madame, the Holy Spirit is given to all who can ask in the name of his son. And not to those he wills.

. In him we were also chosen having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.
Ephesians 1:3-6,11.
So let's quote Eph 1:5 &11

5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

But for you to be qualified as a son Jesus himself said in Rev 21:7 says
"He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
Those that are predestined are the those who serve God. Are those who serve him to the end. For more emphasis John 1:12 says
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
The sons are the people who believed and received him. You have the right to receive or reject him. There's nothing like I was predestined to received God. You must be willing to receive him.

. Ephesians 2:4-10

Now, it's clear that we are born dead in sins and trespasses. What's even clearer? that God who is rich in mercy is the one that raises dead people up because of His great love and even has plans for them which He has prepared before the world began.

And that's right, SALVATION IS NOT BY FREE WILL BUT BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH. ITS A GIFT, SO NO ONE BOASTS like freewillers love to do. Yeah, "freewill" makes you feel good about yourself. While Grace makes you feel good about God.
Okayyyyy. So let's quote Ephesians 2:5-6.
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Grace doesn't automatically qualify you to be in heaven. What do I mean? Romans 6:1-2 says
6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

After you have received Grace, if you continue in sin you won't make heaven whether you're predestined or not. Phil 2:12 says
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Madame, if you're predestined, the Bible won't tell us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified Romans 8:28-30.
Who are those that loves God. John 14:21 says,
Jesus said.
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
If you're not obedience to him, you can't be predestined.

The people who loves God are those who keep his commandments. The people who are predestined are people who are willing and ready to follow him.

Then wisdom will ask, how can you who are accustomed to doing evil, do something as good, as holy as loving God? And in this case as a whole, choosing God?

Can an Ethiopian change his skin or a leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil. Jeremiah 13:23
The same book of Jeremiah that you quoted 13:10 says
10 This evil people, that refuse to hear my words, that walk in the stubbornness of their heart, and are gone after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is profitable for nothing.

If God have predestined why will God send 100s of prophets to warn them from their evil ways. 2nd kings 17:13 says
13 Yet Jehovah testified unto Israel, and unto Judah, by every prophet, and every seer, saying, Turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets.

Why's God pleading with them if he has predestined them to destruction?

We love because he first loved us.
1John 4:19

...We love because He loved us first, We choose because He chose us first? No? Lol
John 3:16 says

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Madame, emphasis on God love the world. Did God says selected people? Did God says choosen people? God love the whole world.

Not only that, but Rebekah's children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad - in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls - she was told "The older will serve the younger". 13 Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated".
But can you quote a scripture where the older one serve the younger one. Stop applying worldly wisdom to God's words.
Gen 36:6-7 says
6 And Esau took his wives, and his sons, and his daughters, and all the souls of his house, and his cattle, and all his beasts, and all his possessions, which he had gathered in the land of Canaan; and went into a land away from his brother Jacob. 7 For their substance was too great for them to dwell together; and the land of their sojournings could not bear them because of their cattle. 8 And Esau dwelt in mount Seir: Esau is Edom.
As you can see Esau was a great man on his own right. That prophecy wasn't about individuals. It was talking about Nations.

Let's continue with Romans to be clear ...
It does not therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed on all the earth." [ Exodus 9:16 ] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
Gen 15:13- 14 says
13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be sojourners in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; 14 and also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
Once again, this is not an individual prophecy. It was talking of an event in the life of nation. At this period, the Egyptians didn't know who God was talkless of their King. God's negative prophecy works only on disobedience children. What do I mean? Ezekiel 9:4 God commanded his angels before of Isreal and Judah were led into captivity .
4 And Jehovah said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry over all the abominations that are done in the midst thereof.

God) has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity.
2 Timothy 1:9

Honestly if I was a Freewiller I'd be sad that my "free will" isn't even considered here or I'll do what others would do "jump and pass". And declare it a mystery which has not been revealed eventhough it's clearly made open in my Bible.

This question again. So who are the people God saved?

John 3:16 again says

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Emphasis on whosoever believeth in Him shouldn't perish. Stop applying worldly wisdom to God's words.

And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
Acts 13:48

"As many as exercised their free wills rightly believed" This should have been instead of God's ordained will. And the freewillers will jump for joy! Glorious "free will!" "Damn grace and election!!"
And who are the people that are ordained? Jesus himself explained in John 15:14-16
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do the things which I command you. 15 No longer do I call you [c]servants; for the [d]servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I heard from my Father I have made known unto you. 16 Ye did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that ye should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Those who choose to be obedience to God are the ordained. They are the appointed.

11. The work of Satan [...] in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.2nd thess 2:12-13

Please stop re-reading Bible upside down. Let's read verse 12 together
12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Can you see what you quoted. Who have not believed. Who have disbelief. Meaning they have the right to believe or disbelief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
convert this epistle to pdf and I will download and read comfortably

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by luvmijeje(f): 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
anotherydz:
convert this epistle to pdf and I will download and read comfortably
Uncle this epistle is not meant for you.
Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by malvisguy212: 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
God pre-determined, not the identity of the saved, but the character of the saved. if predestined to be save, this mean the save need not to be worry of the devil. so the question is if predestined, why beware ? 1 peter 5:8

1 Like

Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
luvmijeje:
Uncle this epistle is not meant for you.
OK. I'll bet 90% of guys seeing this novel will back off.

1 Like

Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by luvmijeje(f): 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
anotherydz:

OK.
I'll bet 90% of guys seeing this novel will back off.

Oga, if I still put it in pdf 89.9% will still back off. You'll the only addition.
Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by luvmijeje(f): 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
malvisguy212:
God pre-determined, not the identity of the saved, but the character of the saved. if predestined to be save, this mean the save need not to be worry of the devil. so the question is if predestined, why beware ? 1 peter 5:8
Sefini. Why are we being told to resist the devil if we are predestined?

3 Likes

Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
Another confusion grin

1 Like

Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by chemystery: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
Op where can i buy the printed copy of this so i can read offline especially when NEPA takes light?
Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

Oga, if I still put it in pdf 89.9% will still back off. You'll the only addition.
ok
Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by malvisguy212: 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

that is the question I ask. I believe God did not predestined us to be save or not to be, He predestined our character and not the identity.
Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
luvmijeje

Not everybody has freewill . Some people like you mentioned and more even now are predestined to do certain things . That's what God's sovereignty is about . I don't think any further arguments are necessary .
Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

Exactly..well stated.
Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by An2elect2(f): 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
luvmijeje:
This is in response to An2elect2's thread titled Freewillers Why Are Your Prayers Not Consistent With What You Believe! And below is the link to the thread :
https://www.nairaland.com/3764761/freewillers-why-prayers-not-consistent#55965342

So let's shoot.
smiley I'd prefer you reply me on my thread but it's OK. First of all, let's not make this a "win-loser" discussion and treat this as though there is nothing at stake (because a lot are at stake indeed.

Honestly, I don't understand what spirituality got to do with lack of choice.
It's not that you lack choice or will but the problem is it is enslaved to sin. It's not free.
1st cor 2:14 says
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Emphasis on received.
This is true and clear but what do you want to say? That you can still receive the things of the Spirit? Or that you are not really a natural man (woman)?
The Holy Spirit is given to those who ask and not given to whom God pleases. Luke 11:13 says
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the holy Spirit to them that ask Him?”

Emphasis on them that ask Him. Madame, the Holy Spirit is given to all who can ask in the name of his son. And not to those he wills.
Let's not be too fast to conclude. Remember Jesus was not saying this to just anybody but to the the disciples He called. Haven ascertained that all men are born dead in sin, there must first be an awakening/spirit calling/quickening of men first before they can do/receive anything spiritual. Do you understand this? But look what's interesting, the disciples didn't even have to ask but they were promised the Holy Spirit. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John14:16

You have to be alive before you do anything. You can't ask for the Holy Spirit or better put, the Holy Spirit cannot dwell in you without regenerating/bringing you to life/ birthing you first.

For that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. John 3:6
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.[/u]John 3:3

How would this man be born again?
By asking? Not possible
By receiving the Son? Not possible too because he is not alive. He is dead in sin.
[u]Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Your will is excluded in the new birth. The new birth is of God. For that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit.-john3:6.

How then?
So let's quote Eph 1:5 &11

5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

But for you to be qualified as a son Jesus himself said in Rev 21:7 says
"He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
Lol you are not getting it. Are you? Why not tell me what the Ephesians verses are saying before quoting another book?
Those that are predestined are the those who serve God. Are those who serve him to the end.
OK OK. Now you are saying something about them? Let's look at what you are saying and what they are saying and see if they agree.

Ephesians 1:5 [u]having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will

Luvmijeje: We are predestined according to how we serve God, how we serve Him to the end.

I don't know about you but those are 2 completely different statements. And two of them cannot be right.

I'll go with the Bible because it has no error or fault in it. And because the truth is proven and stands the test of time better than personal opinion.

For more emphasis John 1:12 says
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
The sons are the people who believed and received him. You have the right to receive or reject him. There's nothing like I was predestined to received God. You must be willing to receive him.
Nah! That's more opinionated than biblical.

You are cherry picking and reading your opinion into them. That's not the best way to study. It's a lazy way of looking at the Bible.

Okayyyyy. So let's quote Ephesians 2:5-6.
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Grace doesn't automatically qualify you to be in heaven. What do I mean?
[i] You see that rebirth I was yapping about?

The Bible said we are saved by grace but you have an objection? And it's that grace doesn't automatically qualify you to heaven?

Let me ask you. If you come before your God in heaven wont you rather choose to be in hell than sin against Him?

What's more important to you? knowing Christ and being conformed to Him or being in heaven (a place that can be folded up)?

Romans 6:1-2 says
6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

After you have received Grace, if you continue in sin you won't make heaven whether you're predestined or not.
[i] Another misinterpretation. Oh! How low you think of this grace. It must be nothing to you probably because you have no experience with it?

How can we who have been freed from sin still be enslaved by it. We are no longer bound to sin but are now slaves of righteousness. Though we still have our bodies of death, we cannot be judged for sin again because someone has paid for all our sins and has in turn given us His righteousness. 2Corinthians 5:21.

So even though we are freed from sin, haven been called to a new way of living we are to walk in the Spirit so we don't do the bidding of our old man. Romans 6.

And im sure you think walking in the Spirit is keeping laws?

Phil 2:12 says
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Madame, if you're predestined, the Bible won't tell us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling.
Work out your salvation means you should work for your salvation? Why not see what "work out" means before jumping to conclude.

And did you miss vs 13 too For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for his good pleasure Okay that's why there is a working out in the first place.

Who are those that loves God. John 14:21 says,
Jesus said.
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
If you're not obedience to him, you can't be predestined.

The people who loves God are those who keep his commandments. The people who are predestined are people who are willing and ready to follow him.
[i] I'm sorry but this explanation doesn't hold. And is completely out of context and made in ignorance

The same book of Jeremiah that you quoted 13:10 says
10 This evil people, that refuse to hear my words, that walk in the stubbornness of their heart, and are gone after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is profitable for nothing.

If God have predestined why will God send 100s of prophets to warn them from their evil ways. 2nd kings 17:13 says
13 Yet Jehovah testified unto Israel, and unto Judah, by every prophet, and every seer, saying, Turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets.

Why's God pleading with them if he has predestined them to destruction?

God pleading? Where? how? God was only asking them in short commanding them to turn from their evil ways.

And how does this explain away predestination? God has commanded everyone to repent and turn to Christ does that mean we have the power to turn to Christ? Is it not God that causes a man to draw near to Him. And this God has chosen those who will before time (predestination) but you still can't see it even in black and white!

John 3:16 says

Madame, emphasis on God love the world. Did God says selected people? Did God says choosen people? God love the whole world.
I quoted scriptures that clearly teach election. Yet this is the only one you will use to refute them? I thought you would carefully explain each of them first before running to John 3:16.

OK John 3:16. For God so loved the world...
That's true. Are you saying "world" means every man who has ever lived? yeah that's what you are saying. But it can mean something else: that God loved His people from all tribes/nations/racesof the world.

Now the latter can hold true because when we use the word "world" most times we do not mean everyone in the world. We mean people from every/different nations. For example we say "world cup" It doesn't mean everyone in the world would play for their nations. Yet, proper Bible exegesis is far better than this analogy. Scripture must interpret scripture to know which view is correct.

But can you quote a scripture where the older one serve the younger one. Stop applying worldly wisdom to God's words.
Gen 36:6-7 says
6 And Esau took his wives, and his sons, and his daughters, and all the souls of his house, and his cattle, and all his beasts, and all his possessions, which he had gathered in the land of Canaan; and went into a land away from his brother Jacob. 7 For their substance was too great for them to dwell together; and the land of their sojournings could not bear them because of their cattle. 8 And Esau dwelt in mount Seir: Esau is Edom.
As you can see Esau was a great man on his own right. That prophecy wasn't about individuals. It was talking about Nations.

What are you saying?

Gen 15:13- 14 says
13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be sojourners in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; 14 and also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
Once again, this is not an individual prophecy. It was talking of an event in the life of nation. At this period, the Egyptians didn't know who God was talkless of their King. God's negative prophecy works only on disobedience children. What do I mean? Ezekiel 9:4 God commanded his angels before of Isreal and Judah were led into captivity .
4 And Jehovah said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry over all the abominations that are done in the midst thereof.
Maybe this should be for another day because it's not really in line

This question again. So who are the people God saved?

John 3:16 again says

Emphasis on whosoever believeth in Him shouldn't perish. Stop applying worldly wisdom to God's words.
Cherry picking again. Explain the scriptures that talk of election and let's see how they agree with your explanation

And who are the people that are ordained? Jesus himself explained in John 15:14-16
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do the things which I command you. 15 No longer do I call you [c]servants; for the [d]servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I heard from my Father I have made known unto you. 16 Ye did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that ye should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Those who choose to be obedience to God are the ordained. They are the appointed.
Lol you are so sincerely wrong. And turning a blind eye to many scriptures

Please stop re-reading Bible upside down. Let's read verse 12 together
12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Can you see what you quoted. Who have not believed. Who have disbelief. Meaning they have the right to believe or disbelief.
And that was the only statement you picked from that passage.Well, the rest can go to hell right? That's what good Bible study is about right!
Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by luvmijeje(f): 2:59am On Apr 28, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
luvmijeje

Not everybody has freewill . Some people like you mentioned and more even now are predestined to do certain things . That's what God's sovereignty is about . I don't think any further arguments are necessary .

Jeremiah 29:11 says

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

We are all created beautifully. We all created to fulfill a purpose. We are all to called to answer a call.

But the right to fulfill God's Purpose is still in your hands.

E.g Adam and Eve, Samson, Saul.

Bros, do you know that what could have derail God's Purpose in Joseph's life was if had he slept with his Master's wife.

Do you know what could have defeated Jesus's purpose was was only if he has refuses to died on that cross.

Do you know most people will not fulfill God's Purpose in their due to sin of disobedience. Matt 22:14 says

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by luvmijeje(f): 3:01am On Apr 28, 2017
MZLady39:

Exactly..well stated.

God bless you ma.

1 Like

Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by luvmijeje(f): 3:28am On Apr 28, 2017
An2elect2, do accept my apologies that I couldn't post it on your thread because it's a long article and it won't have too much much publicity because it will hidden under your and above all I was led.

Back to topic, we'll trash each of your point fully before moving to the next point. So that it won't be lengthy for people to read.

Let's not be too fast to conclude. Remember Jesus was not saying this to just anybody but to the disciples

And who are his disciples? John 8:31 let us know

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.

And if we go by what you said, then the most of Jesus's teaching will be nullify because most of his words are spoken to his disciples.

How would this man be born again?
By asking? Not possible
By receiving the Son? Not possible too because he is not alive. He is dead in sin.
[u]Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Your will is excluded in the new birth. The new birth is of God. For that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit.-john3:6.

You still didn't answer the question. John 3:3 says

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born [a]anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Did Jesus say, except you're predestined? Did he say except a man is Divinely choosen by God?

The call to salvation is to every man and not to supposedly predestined people.

Why the need for evangelism if people are already predestined?

I'll wait for your response before I move to the next point.

1 Like

Re: Rebuttal: There's No Free Will When It Comes To God by An2elect2(f): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
luvmijeje:
An2elect2, do accept my apologies that I couldn't post it on your thread because it's a long article and it won't have too much much publicity because it will hidden under your and above all I was led.
Apologies accepted then!

Back to topic, we'll trash each of your point fully before moving to the next point. So that it won't be lengthy for people to read.
Okay

And who are his disciples? John 8:31 let us know

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
True. But who keeps them? Are they preserved by their power or God's?

Luvmijeje this is where you are missing it. For the fact God has given us commands is no proof that we have the ability to keep them (I guess that's why people still pray for the grace. If they have the power to do them why pray for grace still?). <Also remember the fall>

The same person who demands is the same that supplies all we need to abide.

Are what I'm saying in the Bible? Yes they are

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Peter1:3

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jude 1:24

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25

You also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory Ephesians 1:13–14

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him, should not perish, but have eternal life

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:28

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect 1 Peter 1:18–19

Now, the reason Jesus said whoever abides is His disciple is not because they can abide by themselves but to distinguish the true disciples from the false. How so? The true disciples are those he chose and called by Himself and not just anybody who claims to be. Because false disciples cannot really abide since they where never called, rooted in Christ. Their foundation is faulty but the true disciples abide because their foundation is sure. Not only where the saved in time, they were predestined to be justified and glorified. And they would. All of them.

Those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified Romans 8:30.

How do we know false disciples? By their fruit you will recognize them Matthew 7:16
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him
1John 3:6

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out , that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
1John2:19

But this is true of the true disciples to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God Romans 7:4.

And if we go by what you said, then the most of Jesus's teaching will be nullify because most of his words are spoken to his disciples.

{{{{{{{ The scriptures are written for the disciples of Christ or saints (called out ones) of God not for anybody.
}}}}}}}

You still didn't answer the question. John 3:3 says

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born [a]anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Did Jesus say, except you're predestined? Did he say except a man is Divinely choosen by God?

The call to salvation is to every man and not to supposedly predestined people.

Why the need for evangelism if people are already predestined?

I'll wait for your response before I move to the next point.

Okay. Have you finally seen that we are born dead in sins and only God can bring us to life first before we do anything?

Before I proceed. Do you believe that predestination is clearly taught in the Bible? If yes. What does it mean?

According to Wikipedia Predestination: , in theology, is the doctrine that all events have been willed by God , usually with reference to the eventual fate of the
individual soul

This is what everyone thinks when we talk of predestination. To predetermine is to will before hand/time future events or destinies of men. This means it happens before we are born.

Did the Bible also talk about predestination? Of what and who? We will see again.

And is the biblical predestination different from Wikipedia's?

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth-in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will...
Ephesians 1:3-11

This one does not say predestination after we are born and then serve him but before the foundation of the world. And no one was born before the foundation of the world right?

Let's see the next,
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified Romans 8:28-30.

For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
Romans 9:11

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened Mathew 24:22

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. Mathew 24:31

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Romans 11:5-7

For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you,
1Thessalonians 1:4

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth
2Thessalonians 2:13

Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.
2Timothy 2:10

There we go. Election occurred before birth or doing anything. And God has planned the lives of those He elected. And will accomplish all in them in the fullness of time.

How anybody can read a different meaning like "those who are predestined are those who serve, or choose God" is beyond me.

You asked if the new birth is for those who are predestined or for those who choose to be born again. It's the former as we have seen. It's preposterous for anyone to birth themselves.

It's true that we must be born again. And it's also true that some have been predestined, before hand to be quickened in Christ.

Predestination does not cancel the new birth instead it makes it come to pass.

So did the Bible teach predestination? Yes.
Is it different from Wikipedia's? Partly. While Wiki seem to say all are predestined (elect and non-elect). The Bible so far has only told us of the elect's predestination and election and the effect which we would see in their lives in time. So I'll stop where the Bible stops.

(1) (Reply)

When Your Faith Is Not Strong Enough! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/17 / What Do You Think Is The Greatest Problem Of The Church Today ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.