Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS (39657 Views)

"Nigeria Telecom Operators Will Now Pay N500,000 For Unsolicited Messages" - NCC / Latest Glo Data Plan 2018, Prices, Codes To Subscribe And Activate / 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by NnamdiChidi(m): 1:40am On Apr 28, 2017
THE Nigerian Communication Commission, NCC, has released a new short code, 2442, for stopping unsolicited SMS, as the commission reiterated that it remains committed to availing telecom consumers with valuable information on their right to quality service.

This resolve was made known by the executive vice chairman of the Commission, Prof. Umar Danbata, represented by deputy director consumer affairs, Alhaji Ismail Adedligba, at the 84th edition of NCC’s outreach programme themed: Information and Education as a Catalyst for Consumer Protection, in Abuja.

“This forum is aimed at creating an atmosphere of interaction between the regulator, consumer and telecom operators to deliberate on issues regarding telecom services, in our bid to ensure consumers enjoy uncompromised service. In NCC the consumer is king; therefore, the consumer must be accorded the right to be heard, as well as the right to safety. Our aim is to create awareness on quality service by using the code 2442 and 622 in cases where complaints made to telecom providers are not attended to” Adeligba said.

Also speaking at the event was Mr. Ayoola Oke of Consumer Advocacy Group, said; “Consumers are the patrons of the industry and telecom services over the years has recorded tremendous success and popularity, thereby calling to mind the fact that the consumer is a pivotal character in the industry.”

Responding, telecom operators assured consumers that all hands will be on deck to ensure that the best services are rendered.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/ncc-releases-new-short-code-stop-unsolicited-sms/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by MVLOX(m): 5:27am On Apr 28, 2017
Do dis codes really work?.... As for all na wash.... This network providers nd there friends will still find a Way of flooding our phones with unsolicited SMS....... But wait oooo am the first to comment....... Chai 1st time in history...... Please check out my signature if u love good sound.....

4 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by SporaD8: 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
MVLOX:
Do dis codes really work?....
I earnestly need that code hope it works

8 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by NnamdiChidi(m): 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
Lalastica,seun n mynd44 do the needful to spread the info
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Onyenna(m): 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nice move.. ..

BTW::: somewhere deep down in my heart "NCC is not to be trusted".....

19 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by veekid(m): 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
Useless NCC

2 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by lilfreezy: 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
it's a good initiative. But I would advice jobless people like myself who are still seeking for employment not to use the code(s). We all know some companies don't use the mail while inviting applicants for interview, they rather use the bulk sms platform. The code will also stop you from receiving message from any bulk sms platform which means you've reduced your chances of being invited for interview. A word is enough for the wise, make i carry my wahala comot for this thread

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by adeniyi3971(m): 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
I beg you with whatever you serve please like my poem to keep me in the competition using the link below

https://m.facebook.com/masterpenbooks/photos/a.637225919704027.1073741827.636958906397395/1264641013629178/?type=3&_rdr#1325804317512847

4 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by themonk(m): 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
angry
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by smartty68(m): 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
Who's deceiving who now

Moreso, the code ain't new... Its do not disturb code.

We need affordable data jor

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by dman4mdmoon(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
How does it work?
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Sirpaul(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
we need free wi-fi everywhere......
na code we wan chop
abeg
NCC geerarahere
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Abeyjide: 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
this code na old school .give us the ones to stop all messages on vas and third party messages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by ItzHoludex(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
atlast, mo bo lowo mtn

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Pavore9: 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Bad market for telcos.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by oviejnr(m): 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
This wont still stop Mtn from sending me my airtime balance after checking Or prevent U-report to keep sending me Sms day and night since i've completed my Nysc sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by jakesund(m): 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
makes so much sense 8 years ago sad
long overdue shii.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by KAYD007(m): 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
I have tried the code out....i'm still receiving unsolicited sms angry

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Tenim47(m): 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
eji erin erin eji
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by fistonati(m): 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
with GLO's bad network, i have to dial d code on my glo line ASAP especislly nowdt they unjustly decrease d data volume on their network.
GLO
BAD NETWORK
BAD CUSTOMER ,SERVICE PERSONELS
UNJUST DATA DECREASE.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by WHOcarex: 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
2442 and 622? Which one exactly, and how does it work? Metcheeew. Anuofians
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by divineshare(m): 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
them them.

Thank you NCC let me be optimist for once.
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Emu4life(m): 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ehen! make person rest ba?
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Koolking(m): 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
The only workable shortcode is 'Fine'. The only language Nigerian telecom companies understand when you tell them 'I don't want' they oblige.

Other codes, they always find a way round
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Kobicove(m): 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
I have sent "STOP" to the code several times but EmptyN still keeps sending me unsolicited text messages undecided
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
so now government wanna start tapping people's phone abi, send those codes at ur own risk
Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Lie,

I tried the code this what I got

It automatically subscribed to something else

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by RoyalBoutique(m): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
In NCC the consumer is king ; therefore, the consumer must be accorded the right to be heard, as well as the right to safety.

Una dey craze angry

After forcing all Telecom operators to reduce data cap.

Now you dey talk say "the customer is king".

As kings, we have protested the reduction in data cap but no one listened.

As a king, I have ordered thunder to fire your left nyash and your right balls.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Oladelson(m): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
hmmm....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9mobile Recorded The Highest Number Of Porting Subscribers, See Full Reports! / The First Man To Buy Iphone 7 In The Middle East (photos) / Blackberry Classic Q20 Release Date And Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.