Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,455 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:42 PM

David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll (35662 Views)

Buhari Meets With Tambuwal Over Sokoto Killing (photos) / 2019: Dankwambo Says He Is Not Working With Tambuwal Against Atiku / Five APC Governors Meet With Tambuwal In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by metronaija3: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2017
Former senate president has revealed that Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan lost the support of key members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who either went to the opposition or discreetly worked against his re-election because his wife was suspicious of those around him.

In an advance copy of ‘Against the Run of Play’, a book written by Segun Adeniyi, Mark further stated that Jonathan and his wife turned Aminu Tambuwal, former speaker of the house of representatives, into a political foe.

Jonathan’s relationship with Tambuwal was frosty because he had emerged as a speaker against Patience’ design.

Tambuwal, as speaker, eventually defected from the PDP to the then opposition – the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Mark said he tried to defrost the relationship, but Tambuwal was still looked upon with suspicion.

“I took him (Tambuwal) and Emeka (Ihedioha) to the president for a meeting where they gave assurances that they would cooperate and work with the government. But there was always a concern from the Jonathan camp that Tambuwal was an ambitious politician,” he said.

The former senate president also said that the former first lady had fears that he was nursing a presidential ambition as well.

“I guess she (Patience) had the same fear about me even when she never said it to my face. She once accosted Senator Joy Emordi to say, ‘Joy, I hear you are the manager of David Mark Presidential Campaign Organisation’, which was a baseless accusation.

“I had to meet the president to clarify issues with him. So, I would say it was President Jonathan and his wife who radicalized Tambuwal and turned him into a political foe.”

The book will be launched on Friday, and Abdulsalami Abubakar, former head of state, is expected to chair the event.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/04/patience-was-responsible-for-jonathans.html

2 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by HungerBAD: 11:50am On Apr 28, 2017
Another Jonathan's thread?

Lovely.

David Mark is wrong.

Goodluck Jonathan lost the election because he,and those he surrounded himself with,and that included his wife were all looting Nigeria without any care that Nigerians had to do something about it.

David Mark too was among the inner circle of those thieves,and i hope he gets his day in Court here or in Heaven.

146 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by UltimatedeBest(m): 11:55am On Apr 28, 2017
PEJ was too strong for GEJ to control and it cost him d 2015 election. PEJ was never a politician and she suddenly wielded so much power then even with her grammatical blunders

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by ephi123(f): 11:58am On Apr 28, 2017
This topic has been thrashed and beaten over and over again.

Jonathan lost the election and it's 2 years already.

Right now, Nigerians are more interested in getting the benefits of governance from the current administration.

24 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by Aonkuuse(m): 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
How will she not when she was blowing heaven knows grammar here and there, doing as if she was the president and Jonathan the vice

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by chukel(m): 12:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
They should just launch the book. I'm tired of all these old men gossip. All these are preparation for 2019. It's stupi.d for Jonathan to even muster the thought of trying the presidency again. More so trying his victim game again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by muykem: 12:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
GEJ can't control his wife which is unfortunate but he failed election due to his clueless.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by danot1030: 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
ephi123:

Right now, Nigerians are more interested in getting the benefits of governance from the current administration.

Whenever the focus is on the clueless hero the supporters becomes uncomfortable.

Hehehe!!!

Jonathan the cursed, I can't recover from the excitement of his removal from power and his current humiliating exposures.

Buhari should send to jail asap!

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by ephi123(f): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2017
danot1030:

Whenever the focus is on the clueless hero the supporters becomes uncomfortable.

Hehehe!!!

Jonathan the cursed, I can't recover from the excitement of his removal from power and his current humiliating exposures.

Buhari should send to jail asap!

You fall into the category of people I don't engage, so below is your response:

donmalcolm21:
There is a reason i don't engage you here. You talk cheap, act juvenile, sound bigoted and your level of reasoning is always at lowest ebb on a reasoning scale.

You will be ignored subsequently so you can pour your spittle all over my mention

10 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by danot1030: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
ephi123:

You fall into the category of people I won't engage, so below is your response:

Using another person's intellectual as personal is an acute sign of cluelessness, an infection resulting from too much support for the ineffectual buffoon.

Need a cure? Be my guest.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by ITbomb(m): 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
Still about Jonathan again.

This guy is a legend

2 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by phyllosilicate(m): 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
ITbomb:
Still about Jonathan again.
This guy is a legend
Even Anini is a legend to some.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by Beremx(f): 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
I am only interested to know why David Mark has become a bench warmer in the Senate.

Jonathan is a forgotten issue. Nigeria must move forward.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by Iamwrath: 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
Mouth like running water

She literally Biatched him to loosing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by ZombieTAMER: 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
When will Buhari fulfill his campaign promises starting with making a dollar equal to a naira

7 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
ephi123:

:-)A book has just been written chronicling the events that led to Jonathan's loss at the 2015 Presidential polls. What you have been reading these past few days are excerpts from the book. I think it is just an attempt by the author to give the book the much needed publicity.

As regards the thread, Patience wielded more power than she ought to. She, in her bid to ensure her husband was re-elected, made more enemies for him.

24 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by ephi123(f): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
bejeiodus:
:-)A book has just been written chronicling the events that led to Jonathan's loss at the 2015 Presidential polls. What you have been reading these past few days are excerpts from the book. I think it is just an attempt by the author to give the book the much needed publicity.

As regards the thread, Patience wielded more power than she ought to. She, in her bid to ensure her husband was re-elected, made more enemies for him.

Ah I see, no wonder, thanks for clarifying that. No one is interested in his loss, he should move on.
Madam PEJ was uncontrollable, she played a role in ruining her husband's government. They should lick their wounds in peace, we are not interested in stories.

Right now, the focus is on getting this current govt to perform by all means necessary.

5 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by saintgp(m): 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
I agree with David-mark that Jonathan's wife contributed to his down fall,but dats nt to say tambuwal is innocent of d allegation dat was levied against him.even in apc he's still aggrandising dat very trait with a view to 2019 presidential election.

Conclusively i must admit dat one has got to b wary of who one dates/marry.

5 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by dannytoe(m): 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
All this old clowns, keep talking about 2015 election. For God's sake the election is long gone............but is obvious this clowns dont seem to recognise a new sherrif is in town

1 Like

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by gberra: 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
ephi123:

Go & stop them from launching the book.

Igbos are daft cool

10 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by veekid(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2017

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by Goldenheart(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Useless set of people....... angry

2 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by IamPatriotic(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Spectator Mark also had a say on this.
Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by policy12: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
...two years after election has come and gone, when are going to forget this and face the recession?

1 Like

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
PDP will bounce back
Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by ephi123(f): 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
When will Buhari fulfill his campaign promises starting with making a dollar equal to a naira

Whilst working from home, doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon cheesy

2 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
cheesy
Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by HottestFire: 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
Please spare us this crap..A northerner will always play the "north first" card. I will be the last person to blame Mama P on her suspicion of Tambuwal, we have seen it played out in how Dogara became the Speaker..angry

3 Likes

Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by snezBaba: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
Re: David Mark: Patience Jonathan's Problem With Tambuwal Affected Jonathan At Poll by Ifebaby16(m): 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
Seriously? sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Wamakko Feeding His Pigeons In His House In Sokoto (Photos) / Taraba Govt Sacks Husband Of Woman Who Died In APC Rally Stampede / Senator T.A Orji To Distribute 300 Bags Of Beans, 1240 Cartons Of Noddles (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.