Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Beside The Grave - A Short Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beside The Grave - A Short Story. (883 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / A Call From the Grave / Done In 60 Seconds (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
A lot of things happens in a burial ceremony. if you have ever being to one, this write-up will not be new to you.

"hey! give way!" "hold on! what are you still doing over there?"

"move! okay, lower it now. children of nowadays doesn't fear anything. go away from hear"

This were the voices of people beside the grave at a burial i visited. the coffin was being lowered into the grave. everyone at the place became an instructor, given all kind of instructions and directives.

"no! the head should face north wards"

"no! it should be west" " its not west, it should be east, papa akosu was buried with his head facing east nowards"

after series of arguements, they come to a common agreement with series of refrencies from previous burials.
As they lowered the coffin down, they discover that the coffin was bigger than the grave.

like smoke billowing into the atmosphere, so was the news of the coffin and grave abnormality spread fast at the burial ceremony.
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
divepen1 sleeqiam skarlett biafranbushboy raggedyann smallville10

it was not long before the abnormality was rectified.

a lot of things happend beside the grave yard. a young man was standing beside the grave as the coffin was being lowered. he was tall, dark in complexion. with bleary eyes, he sobbed and shake his over sized head feeling bemused.

from the look of things, one could clearly duduce that it was his wife's burial. his two little kids were seen standing beside him, weeping
as well.

2 Likes

Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
a young lady approach the young man, she took care of the kids, wipping off their tears.

the berieved husband quickly fell in love with the lady who wipped his children's tears beside the grave due to the kind gesture she portrayed..

hmm! human beings are wonderful. falling inlove at your wife's burial? i thought within me.

thirty minutes after the burial, a passer-by could hardly expartiate the difference between the burial ceremony and a naming ceremony.
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
people ate, dance and sang in their local dialect. the atmospere was not far from that of a wedding ceremony.

"hey! were is our food?" a visitor approach one of the berieved asking for his group's share of refreshment. "over there" she replied as she zoom off.

i stood in silence meditating over a story i was told....

cc: lalasticlala prettythicksmi smiley
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
..it was a story about a woman whose husband died. it was on the burial day. she was weeping uncontrolable, dashing herself on the heap of red soil beside her husband's grave as the coffin was being lowered.

she was crying and insisting that she should be burried with her hubby.

it was really a heart touching scene.

"ki yi shiru, ki dena kuka. mutuwa ai dole ne mu fuskance ta" a woman was comforting her, telling her that death is inevitable.

suddenly, a man came to the woman who was crying and whispered to her ears, "your husband brother has taken the keys to his new mercedes car"

with a quick respond, the woman went and collected the keys and resume her weeping at the grave.
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
Fmartin:
people ate, dance and sang in their local dialect. the atmospere was not far from that of a wedding ceremony.

"hey! were is our food?" a visitor approach one of the berieved asking for his group's share of refreshment. "over there" she replied as she zoom off.

i stood in silence meditating over a story i was told....

cc: lalasticlala prettythicksmi smiley
Following,lala will push it to fp if it is interesting trust in him. grin grin
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
Prettythicksmi:
Following,lala will push it to fp if it is interesting trust in him. grin grin
c u! grin
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 28, 2017
Fmartin:
c u! grin
hehehehehe dont let us derail,oya continue i am following.
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
9ja burial party make sense pass wedding reception grin

9ja we hail thee
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
oops! really? "if you were buried with your hubby, would you have had any chance of protecting his properties from his brothers?"

i thought and pitied the poor dead rich husand lying in a small world contructed by a carpenter.

the woman's behaviour brought a moment of mumuring among the dispersed crowd beside the grave.

one could clearly see disappointment boldly written on their faces over the woman's attitude.
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 3:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
after a deep thought about that story, i shook my head in dismay over humans.

meanwhile a lot of drunks were displaying there level of stupidity at the scene. i saw a young man, choked a beer bottle on its neck, twerking and singing traditional songs.

oh! what a world we are living in. a place were one is suppose to maintain their sanity and pay tribute to the dead, has turn to a merry making place.

througout the burial ceremony, i notice that,
the man whose wife died found a new wife at the grave side.

the woman whose rich husband died, unleash her love for material things at the grave side other than the love she claimed she have fo her dead husband.

burial ceremony and the grave side has a lot of lesson to teach us.

thank you all for reading. smiley
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
skillful01:
9ja burial party make sense pass wedding reception grin

9ja we hail thee
hv u being to 1 b4? grin
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
Fmartin:
hv u being to 1 b4? grin

Customer dada gringrin

Unlike in wedding ceremonies in which you must know someone to get sumtin,burial ceremony is free for all
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
skillful01:

Customer dada gringrin

Unlike in wedding ceremonies in which you must know someone to get sumtin,burial ceremony is free for all
lol.. grin free food fr sympathizers
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by AlamienDagash(m): 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
This remind me of my mum...
Great piece tho
buh anyways Fmartin why no paste this story to nigerianbase.com
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by Fmartin(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2017
AlamienDagash:
This remind me of my mum...

Great piece tho

buh anyways Fmartin why no paste this story to nigerianbase.com
u cn help me do it coz diz phone am using dnt do copy nd paste.
Re: Beside The Grave - A Short Story. by AlamienDagash(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2017
Fmartin:
u cn help me do it coz diz phone am using dnt do copy nd paste.
Ohk

(1) (Reply)

Earn Up To 300k Monthly WRITING Short Stories @ #5 - #10 Per Word / Love And Loneliness / Where Do I Get Oxford Dictionary Of Quotes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.