Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" (39900 Views)

Show The Tangible Progress, Not Your Butts, Reno Omokri Reacts At #10yearschall / Lady Blames Enemies Over Snake Attack In Her Shop (Photos) / How Many Of Your FB Friends Are Fake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by tosyne2much(m): 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
Most of us find ourselves in the middle of friends who don't wish us well, or let me say that many of us have, at a point, had friends who expect to be included in every single outing; friends who take over the story you have been telling somebody else just to receive praises; friends who are envious of your success and will silently try to bring you down; or friends who try to dominate you every second of your life.

Without wasting time, below are the signs that your friends are enemies of progress.

1. They give flimsy excuses when you are in need

A clear sign that your friends are enemies progress is that, it's either they give flimsy excuses or act busy just to avoid helping you out of an ugly situation. These are people who will keep to themselves any vital information that will make you become a better person. When they perceive you need financial help to embark on a project that will make you become a great person, they will never help you out even if they have all you need. Take for example, when they are in school and you're at home, they won't tell you when registration will close, or when a test is holding, they can't write attendance for you in your absence. When you eventually fail, they will sympathize with but will jubilate your misfortune at your back.

2. They become jealous of your Success/Achievements

Every bad friend presents himself as a kind and caring person. But it’s all just an act to look good even though they are unintentional masters in the art of deception. These are the same people who eat, laugh and even sleep together with you but stab you in the back if you work in the same place and the boss happens to appreciate your work over theirs. This is one of the clear signs that your friends are enemies of progress.

3. They attempt to snatch your Boyfriend/Girlfriend

I know some of us have that very friend who has once attempted to snatch your partner from you out of jealousy coupled with stupidity. We have heard ridiculous stories of friends who successfully snatched their friend's partner while we have also heard stories of who raped their friends' girlfriends. When they see your partner is the kind of person they've always wished for, they go behind your back to say bad things about you just to discredit and discourage him/her from dating you. When you notice your friend flirts unnecessary with your partner, it's better to put an end to such a friendship, because, such people are your "enemies" under the guise of "friends"

4. They always want you beneath them

When we were kids, there was that self centered friend who always wanted to use other people's toys without returning it, and ousted other kids from the group if they refused his every beck and call. And now during our adult life too, things aren’t very different. There are also people you call your friends who will always want you beneath them.

5. They don't appreciate good things

They always have negative perceptions towards almost everything. When they see people buy new cars, it's either they say that person is into shady business or he duped people to buy car. When you travel abroad in search of greener pastures, they will start gossiping about you telling everybody that it's not everybody that travels abroad that will make it. Many will agree with Tosyne2much that when you keep company of friends who don't appreciate good things, be rest assure that they will never wish you well too if you also excel

6. They intimate/frustrate you when rich

I've had childhood friends that have spanned the entire course of my lifetime who later snubbed and ignored me the moment they were privileged to secure jobs or gain admission into tertiary institutions before me. Most friends who act this way despite being good to them were never your friends in the first place, they were just mere talk mates. Since they don't want you to surpass them in life, they neglect you and mock you the very moment they have something to boast about. When circumstances push your to work under them, they talk to you anyhow and turn you to an errand boy

7. They are usually stingy people

Another sign that your friends are enemkes of progress is that they are intentionally stingy when it comes to lending you money to embark on a project that will make you become a better person and this is due to the fact that they don't want you to surpass them. They prefer to spend their money on slay queens or beer rather than lending you. Just when you have that friend who has money and refuses to borrow you for no good reason, be rest assured that he doesn't wish you well

8. They mobilize people against you and pretend to support you

Some of can be jealous of your riches and wealth to the extent that they will send 419 to dupe you while some will go as far as seeking solace in hired killers. This is why it's extremely dangerous to keep giving people the impression that money is never your problem

9. They don't show up during your celebration

Don't get wrong because I'm not trying to say that any friend that doesn't show up during your celebration is an enemy of progress. All I'm trying to say is that, some don't even you well to the point that they will never show up during your house warming, wedding or naming even though they are very much available. They will ways give unending excuses to justify their absence

10. They always want you to worship them

An enemy of progress can either richer or poorer than you but it's only worse if you're richer than him. The ones that are richer than you will always want you to accord them with high level of respect because they feel you can never attain their height.
These are always people who are fond of requesting for the gift they buy for you after a serious argument or controversial discussion.

Please let's be mindful of the kinds of people who call our friends. Some of them are nothing but enemies under the guise of friends and can anything to bring you down

I hope this article makes sense

Feel free to add yours
Cc
Lalasticlala

Written by: Tosyne2much

Source: http://www.tosyne2much.com/2017/04/10-signs-your-friends-are-enemies-of.html

48 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by wristbangle: 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
I dey come back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by lilmaydee(m): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
The Bible says, "it is better to be alone than in the company of fools. Once I noticed that my values doesn't match yours, from that moment you cease to be my friend.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Stevebamdex(m): 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
How do you know a friend that is bad and selfish?
They always want to dominate you when having a simple conversations.
Because they do not want your opinion.
It's about them and what they are living for all the time..
A friend that always boast about their achievement when he/she don't believe in what you can do.{They want you to be doing follow follow}
They talk mostly about I,me,myself,mine.
Run away from such people.
They don't deserve to be in your life.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by tosyne2much(m): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Stevebamdex:
How do you know a friend that is bad and selfish?
They always want to dominate you when having conversations.because they do not want your opinions.it's about them and their life alone.
They talk mostly about I,me,myself mine.
Run away from such people.
My brother, may God bless you for this wonderful comment. They don't give up in argument even though they know they're wrong. People with these traits are very dangerous people. People who don't swallow their pride and accept they're wrong

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by albacete(m): 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
Lol
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by BlackDBagba: 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Epositive(m): 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
smiley
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by daveP(m): 4:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
They ignore you when it matters most. Does ring a bell.... (smooches beard)

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nice points grin grin
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by geebril(m): 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
Op..... You just understand their behaviour kpata kpata....

Tiri gbosa for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by snezBaba: 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
Everyone seems to have such friends but erhm deep down ask yourself....

Aren't you also that type of friend ?

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by amylomo(f): 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
Gbayii
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by austine4real(m): 6:01am On Apr 29, 2017
amylomo:
Gbayii
hppy brthday to u

dnt forget my cake

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by austine4real(m): 6:03am On Apr 29, 2017
baba ten ten things
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Flexherbal(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
No 9 says it all.
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Tazdroid(m): 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hm

4 Likes

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by BiafranBushBoy: 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

We have a whole lot of them here!!

But the issue is that I don't give a fvck about them!!

Fvcking negative people.... Broke.. Depressed... Stupid and unintelligent!!

Infact.. The average Nigerian is an enemy of progress... Once you become more successful than them... they find ways to talk bad about you!!

Meanwhile...

I am counting my money so I can't hear them!! wink

13 Likes

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
wristbangle:
I dey come back
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by RaeMystix: 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
With friends lie this.
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by SuperSuave(m): 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
must you have friends undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by nkemdi89(f): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
First time I agree with you, it's like you live in my compound?
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
okay.
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by jeeqaa7(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
this is absolute fallacy..
i will tell you ... to grow you need your friends
either actively or passively you need them
all you need do is expect nothing from them
they owe you nothing .. absolutely nothing
and the day you realise it... that day
you solve 90% of your problems .. your best friend is yourself..
believe me

THEY WILL COME ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xucVmbXIy0k

8 Likes

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Ronaldinnioh(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
Asi
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Silentscreamer(f): 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by Crauxx(m): 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
This thread dry.
Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by sugarwiz(f): 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
It's obvious now.
No one needs to tell me dat friend is fake. With d above mentioned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs Your Friends Are "Enemies Of Progress" by KKKWHITE(m): 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
No 2 . Meanwhile.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Visible Signs To Know That Your Friends Are Not Actually Your Friends / Viper Snake Killed Near Corpers' Lodge In Anambra (Photos) / 8 Types Of Nigerians That Will Leave You Frustrated When You Meet Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.