Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu (29665 Views)

Buhari, Not Tinubu Chose Gbajabiamila For Speaker - El-Rufai. / Muslim-Muslim ticket: I am proud of my role in stopping Tinubu –Saraki / Kaduna Muslim-Muslim Apc Gubernatorial Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by lalasticlala(m): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
Femi Fani-Kayode has revealed more about the Muslim-Muslim ticket that got Tinubu disqualified as Buhari's VP as alleged here:

Tinubu stated that Saraki, El-Rufai and other stalwarts of the Peoples Democratic Party, who defected to the APC in the build-up to the 2015 elections, instigated Buhari and some APC chieftains not to pick him as the would-be Vice-President.

Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos State, said his opponents persuaded Buhari to look for another running mate on the grounds that Christians in the North would not embrace a Muslim-Muslim ticket, and as such, could jeopardise the party’s victory.

https://www.nairaland.com/3765042/tinubu-saraki-el-rufai-instigated-buhari

Responding to the above allegation, FFK wrote:

The Muslim/Muslim ticket was their plan all along and I was the first to expose and oppose it when I was in APC. That is why I left them.
OBJ opposed it too. Saraki did so behind the scenes. El Rufai did NOT oppose a Muslim Muslim ticket. It is just that he didn't want Tinubu. He wanted Fashola.
I discussed this matter deeply with every single name that I mentioned here when I was with them. The whole thing sickened me.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208202316685057&id=1516216357

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by justi4jesu(f): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
angry angry angry
Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Epositive(m): 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by madridguy(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Igboesika: 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
This man is very vocal. Watch how afonja moozlemss wl come for his head.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by three: 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
Some still believe BAT nominated PYO

This was to have been BAT's coup de grace! VP to a wilting President. Everything fell into line, GEJ's incompetence & political naivete was legendary, everyone hated him enough to want him out (him ma help dem - 'I don't give a damn/Ministry of Interior desths/Diezani/Oduah).

But Saraki & Co stepped in to truncate that plan! After all the gymnastics at Teslim Balogun and then this same fellow had the temerity to aspire to the very important & strategic no 3 spot!

None of these was to redeem Nigeria from its woes or corruption. All about ambition, all about power and power sharing!

2015 for most astute politicians was about 2019, Buhari is/was a necessary pathway to 2019.

These guys have been working and are still working to achieve their singular ambitions (while you're reading this post) using me and you as fodder.

When will you take charge of your future? When will YOU take charge of the future of this country?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
Igboesika:
This man is very vocal. Watch how afonja moozlemss wl come for his head.
we need better head wey better tin dey inside

not this dry stock head grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by andreme(m): 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
Every one can be a wailer just think deeply in why you want to jump into the lagoon and let the wailer in you take control grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by DrGoodman: 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
Gggg
Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by TippyTop(m): 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
I believe FFK's version.
El Rufai is a known extremist, the idea he opposed
Muslim/Muslim ticket is incorrect.

Muslim/Muslim ticket would work in Afghanistan not Nigeria. Anyone in support of Muslim/Muslim ticket should emigrate to Fuckinstan.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by EazyMoh(m): 4:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
FFK wetin concern you? Face your dead party which presently has two Muslim-Muslim chairmen.

12 Likes

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by obonujoker(m): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
Saraki has proved that he his bigger than Tinubu..... grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Flexherbal(m): 4:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
Your choice !
Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Partnerbiz(f): 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hmmm
Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Sammy07: 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
politicians now exposing the truth,, but it's late
Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by thesicilian: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nobody would have voted for Tinubu, a Buhari/Fashola would have made more sense

8 Likes

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by three: 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
thesicilian:
Nobody would have voted for Tinubu, a Buhari/Fashola would have made more sense

That was the reasoning from up country, quite realistic I might add. These guys weren't taking any chances so while they are grateful for Teslim Balogun they put a damper on BAT's ambition, which by the way would have been a HUGE risk. Who do you think would have been acting president or president soon? (I'm not saying PMB will go oh! He may have to resign).

Fashola was compensated with super Minister. Unfortunately, that's not working too well cos then he would have transitted naturaly to VP in 2019.

Anyway, all this is beside the key issue! What do you intend to do?

1 Like

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by gberra: 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
Biafra is burning

2 Likes

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Nurrudeentunji: 5:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
gberra:
Biafra is burning
i know you are going crazy but continue.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Nurrudeentunji: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ffk...
Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by gberra: 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
TippyTop:
I believe FFK's version.
El Rufai is a known extremist, the idea he opposed
Muslim/Muslim ticket is incorrect.

Muslim/Muslim ticket would work in Afghanistan not Nigeria. Anyone in support of Muslim/Muslim ticket should emigrate to Fuckinstan.
If you will keep shut for a year, Wisdom will locate you. 1993 election proves you wrong.

Truth hurts Igbos.

12 Likes

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
While Tinubu is far better than Fashola in term of governance(don't ask me why), muslim-muslim ticket is not sellable in Nigeria of today.

6 Likes

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by YModulosGodSon: 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
The facts have been distorted so we do not care who really opposed or supported

But I remember clearly, in the build-up to the 2015 elections,

Nigeria was so divided along religious line that a muslim-muslim ticket would have sent a strong islamization agenda

#WayForward

3 Likes

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by TippyTop(m): 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
[s]
gberra:
If you will keep shut for a year, Wisdom will locate you. 1993 election proves you wrong.

Truth hurts Igbos.
[/s]
We're not in 1993

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by gberra: 5:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
TippyTop:
[s][/s]
We're not in 1993
If the so called BiafranS would behave like humans for once, we could have a Christian-Christian ticket without no qualms.

No Peace for Igbos

11 Likes

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by driand(m): 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
grin wretches angry
Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by northvietnam(m): 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
FFK

the only westerner that speaks the truth...

says it as it is in black and white...

unfortunately, lying Mumuhamed's lies are Contagious and e Don affect Apc..

3 Likes

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by mrborntodoit: 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
Choi shocked
Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Astrogeotech: 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
I signed

Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Hadone(m): 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
This is lie
Re: FFK: El-Rufai Didn't Oppose Muslim-Muslim APC Ticket, Wanted Fashola Not Tinubu by Chiedu4Trump: 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
YModulosGodSon:
The facts have been distorted so we do not care who really opposed or supported

But I remember clearly, in the build-up to the 2015 elections,

Nigeria was so divided along religious line that a muslim-muslim ticket would have sent a strong islamization agenda

#WayForward

Nigeria is currently divided along North and South, then religion.

Look at the pic below and see how things are lowered for the north and made difficult for the south.
They get more positions, when the north can't compete they shout federal character.

NYSC is just a ploy to take graduates to the north for cheap

The sooner we all agree that this marriage is biased the better.

One Nigeria as you see only happens when it favours them.
When they can do without it , its all fulani way

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Tenant, Chris Okoye Remanded For Beating Landlord / Emefiele's Wife, 3 Others Declared Wanted By EFCC / Police Spends N600m On Procurement Of Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.