Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know (35808 Views)

Every Woman Is Born With This Talent Of Looking At Phone Of Partner / We Are Getting Old,why Don't You Men Want To Marry Us-female Soldiers Cry Out / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by importexpert(m): 5:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
We men have always said that women are the most complex creatures God has ever created. And some of us still hold this view. But when we hear women say that they do not understand us, we get shocked! Really?! We are the simplest creatures on the earth (you may choose not to agree though). Where you women have pages of things you expect of us, our list is quite simple. I mean very simple.
Once you can understand what we want, you’ve struck gold. And yes, don’t assume to know what we want. Know it instead. When you do, you will be able to meet our needs. When you do, you will have made yourself too valuable to lose. So, here are eight things we really want in a relationship.

1. Be Independent: If you ask an average Naija guy, he would put it very bluntly thus: “stop demanding for money!” A young man cannot be trying to build his future and you keep demanding money from him incessantly. Nobody wants a leech. Be independent for yourself. Work with your own hands. Make your own money. Take care of yourself. Once you do, our attraction to you skyrockets. And when you become independent, you won’t need to beg us for money. Ask any guy around, he will give anything to a woman that does not ask him. Yes, the less you ask, the more valuable you tend to become, and the more you will eventually receive from us.

2. Invest in the relationship: When we want a relationship, we are not seeking to add another load to our burden, please. A woman who makes a man keep working in a relationship will soon lose him. The era of killing ourselves over a relationship is fast winding up. Buy us gifts from your own money. Call us with your own airtime. Pamper us when you see the need to. You are not the only one that wants to feel loved in a relationship; men do too! We want to see that we are really in a relationship with someone and not with ourselves.

3. Be homely: Men love beautiful women. But what is the advantage of a woman that is not homely? Or a woman that will fry plantains and serve us something that looks like coal? You visit your man’s house and notice it is ruffled; you complain about it but have never made an attempt to tidy it up. No one is asking that you perform all the roles of a wife, but we have to see that you can take care of a home. You think we want to return from work and see cobwebs everywhere? Be homely. Learn how to cook dishes rather than always pushing us to eatery. Learn how to keep a home.

4. Give us space: Yes, we may love you; but that does not mean we have to be together always. You need to hang out with your friends. But if you chose not to, don’t try to tie us around you. We don’t want a woman who will not give us space to breathe fresh air. Understand this; you cannot stop us from watching football matches. You cannot stop us from having a guys’ timeout. Relationship is not a prison. In fact, if you want your market to sell with us, encourage us to go watch the games. Come along if possible and do the shouting with us. You can even invite our friends over to play video games while you offer to make us snacks. That will be one of the most romantic thing you can do. In fact, your wife material will just increase by 200 yards instantly.

5. Don’t even think about changing us: Even our parents did not think about changing us. We love the way we are. If you know you are not happy with it, then you should never have said ‘yes’ to our proposal. If we love being indoors, don’t suddenly expect us to start going out. If we love being silent for one hour a day, don’t even imagine that you can get us to stop that routine. Kolewerk! We may have bad habits. Is that a new stuff? We may have flaws. Is that a strange ‘something’? When you agreed to be in a relationship with us, you were signing up for the full version of us. So, just hold your peace and love us like that.

6. Be faithful: While this goes both ways, it is one of the most important things we look out for. There are too many incidents of infidelity around. And it bothers us, especially if we are really interested in the relationship. Does that mean we cannot trust you? Not at all. But don’t ever give us a reason to think you are being unfaithful. I will say in my own opinion that most relationships of today get broken because of cheating than anything else. You don’t believe me? Read break up stories on nairaland. If you are sure it is a guy you want, then be true with him. If you are tired of the relationship, then walk away. It is called a ‘relationship’ not a ‘group meeting’.

7. Remain good looking: We know the usual cliché: “it takes good looks to attract a man but character will keep him.” But never forget what that we are creatures of sight. Don’t assume that you can let your physical looks go just because we are in a relationship. We want women that we can show off. Dress good. Watch your weight. Exercise if you need too. Some of us do not really fancy heavy makeup. Well, you have to know which your man is. But at all cost, please, keep looking good.

8. Support us: You have no idea how many times a guy needs encouragement. Because you see us smiling always, you now assume all is rosy? We encounter a lot of challenges. We face plenty disappointments. The responsibility to be a man can be crushing. It is real! Support us. If we are down, become our cheerleader. If things turn around negatively, stay with us. Motivate us. Let us know that you believe in us even when we do not believe in ourselves. Tell us you approve of us unconditionally. No need to nag or be contentious. Instead, be our peace! Don’t be indifferent when you notice we are down. That will be a very bad idea.

So, there we have it! Is there anything complex about this list? Of course not! We hope you women can now get along with us easily. Thank you for your cooperation.

P. S

Guys, did I omit something? Feel free to indicate in your comments. Ladies, what do you all think?

Please do not copy this article without linking back to this thread. it was confirmed from small seo plagiarism checker to be 100% unique and i am publishing it first time on NL. see image below.

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by iamDaisy(f): 5:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
undecided stories if he doesn't like me the way i am he can please take a long walk.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by RoyalBlak007: 5:37pm On Apr 28, 2017

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
Awwwwwwnnnn cheesy grin cheesy grin

Now i see why Baeby won't let go of me even tho he calls me Ijangbon. kiss kiss

10 Likes

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by femolacqua(m): 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nice piece put all together.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Griffon(m): 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Good list bro, but sorry to say this, once you take away sex from the equation, 95% of Nigerian girls have NOTHING to offer in relationships.

It has been spiritually and scientifically proven.

If you bump into a Nigerian chick who's willing to spend, sacrifice, and give up tons of benefits just for you, my brother pause and ask those around you if you are really in Nigeria or Singapore.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Xzbit91: 10:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Griffon:
Good list bro, but sorry to say this, once you take away sex from the equation, 95% of Nigerian girls have NOTHING to offer in relationships.

Quote your source wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Griffon(m): 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
Xzbit91:

Quote your source wink

Source 1: Embark on a seven days praying & fasting, God will whisper the truth to you.

Source 2: Take a strand of a Nigerian girl's hair to the lab for a DNA check. I assure you the result would read "Highly dependent on men".

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Flawlesbae(f): 10:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
Let me use the toilet am coming

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by perkynoble(f): 10:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nice post
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nice post.
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by SafeDavid(m): 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
Point 2 and 8 is what Nigerian girls hardly do.

Griffon:

If you bump into a Nigerian chick who's willing to spend, sacrifice, and give up tons of benefits just for you, my brother pause and ask those around you if you are really in Nigeria or Singapore.

As funny as it sounds, you're so correct.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Xzbit91: 11:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
Griffon:

Source 1: Embark on a seven days praying & fasting, God will whisper the truth to you.

Source 2: Take a strand of a Nigerian girl's hair to the lab for a DNA check. I assure you the result would read "Highly dependent on men".

I'm not telling you to give me work. Just quote your source

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Mimzyy(f): 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2017

15 Likes

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Jay1F(m): 11:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
Make I shit , I dey come
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Griffon(m): 12:26am On Apr 29, 2017
Xzbit91:

I'm not telling you to give me work. Just quote your source

I've given you the sources you need, if it's work getting the info you need, then that's not my business.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Xzbit91: 6:50am On Apr 29, 2017
Griffon:

I've given you the sources you need, if it's work getting the info you need, then that's not my business.
I don't need any info, what I need is to verify the veracity of your claims
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 29, 2017
Aderola15:
Awwwwwwnnnn cheesy grin cheesy grin

Now i see why Baeby won't let go of me even tho he calls me Ijangbon. kiss kiss

lol,as in.
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by TINALETC3(f): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
undecided

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by babyfaceafrica: 12:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
Will they hear?

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Safiaa(f): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Interesting.
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by mich2012: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Well written.
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Safiaa(f): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
Then stop dating the same kind of women and quit ranting like a dog. You are what you attract.
Griffon:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by BiafranBushBoy: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
Relationships again??

Una no dey tire>?? angry angry
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
iamDaisy:
undecided stories if he doesn't like me the way i am he can please take a long walk.
Even with this breast and ass.s? Lol.
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by onoms4luv(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
Many ladies will not agree to this...
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Einl(m): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2017
Op...upon all this English you speak, you didn't mention good sex?

Sex is important for ALL men.

Ladies, take note.

If you are forming 'No sex till marriage' and your guy ain't complaining, for sure is is cheating on you. Definitely cheating on you.

Or he is gay.

Or both.

8 Likes

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by biggerboyc(m): 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ok
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Pls add this: women go for plastic surgery and change to a dog, on your way home buy a collar, when you get home, build a kennel, your man will never leave you.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by dtruth50: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Flawlesbae:
Let me use the toilet am coming
u never finish?
Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Any relationship that is one sided won't last it must be mutually beneficial

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know by asuzor11(m): 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mimzyy:
That quote is bullshit.. Girls who say that only give excuses as to why they should not work on their ugly character

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foreign Lady Gives Her Fellow Ladies 5 Tips On Marrying A Nigerian Man (Video / 8 Things You Shouldn't Say To Your Boyfriend / Another Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Gets Engaged (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.