Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:40 AM

How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! (26078 Views)

Which Car Was Your First Car? / A BMW Collector Decorates His Garage Wall With 2 Wrecked BMW M1 Sportcars / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by AntiWailer: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
Daboomb:

Not necessarily a total loss.

Every Car driving on the Road has one form of insurance or the other (3rd party, Fire and theft, Comprehensive, e.t.c)
`
Agreed, if he had comprehensive insurance (assuming our Insurance Coys are not as fraudulent as they are as of today), he can make a CLAIM and be compensated to a certain percentage of the loss, without all the hassles of court (though, l dont know which is easier; hassles of court ...or trying to get a Nigerian Insurer to reimburse a loss)

The "bad side' of this is that:
1.) His Premium will rise dramatically such that it will appear his insurance company only "loaned" him the money he claimed (got paid back!).
2.) What he will be paid by the insurance company, will be less some deductions, by the insurance company and he will have to make up the rest.

Not a "particularly very good" result either.

He can get paid, for the damage on a "private basis".

Who insured every car on the road ? Are u joking ?

I dnt understand you but I use Mansard insurance and I have used another insurance before too

All I do is snap this to them and get a quote. They come for inspection and pay after negotiating with the mechanic / the dealer depending on which of the cars.

All within a week.

All my dealings with them is that simple.

1. As for point 1, that is not true. Premium does not change after making claim. The amount you pay remains.

Infact premium reduces with the age of the car when revalued

2. As for point 2, u will make up the rest if u did not do excess buy back.
All the cars I insured I ensure do the excess buy back thing so no story with my insurance coy.
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by Audinowing(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
napoleon77:

What do you really want Nairalanders to do for you?[b][/b]

If your car is insured, simply contact your insurance company

Nairalanders have done more than enough for me bro. The good advice I got from NL has guided me appropriately to take the right steps. The lawyer advised that I demand for a replacement. The Driver/Police are currently begging me to take the option of repair.

2 Likes

Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by oyienootieno: 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
Dhayor001:
How it happened and who is involved does not concern you. You can not write a statement based on what an "eye witness" said.

Just go there, state the facts as you know them to be true and precise.

Good thing is the truck did not flee the scene so you have a person to sue if need be.

Cheers

Wisdom.....

1 Like

Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by oyienootieno: 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
Audinowing:

Nairalanders have done more than enough for me bro. The good advice I got from NL has guided me appropriately to take the right steps. The lawyer advised that I demand for a replacement. The Driver/Police are currently begging me to take the option of repair.

No repair bro... Let them replace your car. At least that will teach others a big lesson.
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by MPVGoddess: 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
oyienootieno:

No repair bro... Let them replace your car. At least that will teach others a big lesson.

That vehicle is scrap!

Anyway you have been advised to have a copy of all those conversations.

That vehicle is unsafe!

Please don't repair it!

Sell it as scrap, let them provide the balance for a new one for you.

If you have insurance, also consult your insurance company in addition to your lawyer!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
OP consult a lawyer.

My own view is you should leave the police and pursue the truck driver's company for compensation.

Sue his company in court first, if the court clears truck company of wrongdoing then consider pursuing the police.

When you make your statement at police station write it as a complaint against the truck company not against police.

Op be wise.
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
AntiWailer:

Who insured every car on the road ? Are u joking ?

I dnt understand you but I use Mansard insurance and I have used another insurance before too

All I do is snap this to them and get a quote. They come for inspection and pay after negotiating with the mechanic.

All within a week.

All my dealings with them is that simple.

1. As for point 1, that is not true. Premium does not change after making claim. The amount you pay remains.

Infact premium reduces with the general of the car when revalued

2. As for point 2, u will make up the rest if u did not do excess buy back.
All the cars I insured I ensure do the excess buy back thing so no story with my insurance coy.
Thanks for addressing that post, I wondered where he got that info from. I use Mansard too...
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by timifakay(m): 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
Audinowing:

Get a claim assessor/ loss adjuster or a registered automobile repair company to inspect and write a report on the state of the car for you to back up why replacement is the only option.
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by Eno38151: 7:11pm On Apr 29, 2017
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by classichsy(m): 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2017
biggerboyc:
You don hit my car, oyinbo repete,
You don bash my car gbese repete.

If na me, na venza i go collect in return

Funny pics, especially dat look on the bride.
I did like to see more of the pics man. Kindly quote me with the link.cheers
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by Kaymaxine(m): 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
HOPE U PARKED ON THE RIGHT PLACE.
IF SO...BE EXPECTING ANOTHER CAR...
IF NOT...U ARE O.Y.O
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by Wisebird22(m): 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Dhayor001:
How it happened and who is involved does not concern you. You can not write a statement based on what an "eye witness" said.

Just go there, state the facts as you know them to be true and precise.

Good thing is the truck did not flee the scene so you have a person to sue if need be.

Cheers
dnt go to the station alone,go wit ur lawer
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by Motolank: 3:52am On May 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:

His life was never at risk na
It could have been grin
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by LaIabobo: 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2020
Audinowing:
Good morning fellow Nairalanders. My Toyota camry was crashed yesterday evening by a truck. According to eye witnesses ( I was not at the scene when it happened ), the driver of the truck broke traffic rule but refused to stop. So the police officer ran after the truck, climbed from the driver's side and was dragging the steering of the vehicle with the driver. The vehicle lost control and fell on my car that was packed in front of my office. Kindly help with your advice as I am currently in a confused state. What legal step should I take please? The police has asked me to come write my statement by 11am today but I am worried since the case is iinvolving one of them.

Dear Lalasticlala, please I need as many advice as possible. please help push to FP

Below are the pictures of my wrecked car and that of the truck on my car.

Good evening Audinowing ,
How did you later resolve this??
Re: How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! by Themandalorian: 10:31am On Feb 10, 2020
Audinowing:

So how did this case finally turn out?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahh Ahh!!! See How These Dogs Tore A Car Apart / What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Bus Burning At Technoil Filling Station, Ojodu, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.