Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? (29037 Views)

Man Spotted Seriously Praying For An Atm Machine To Dispense Out His Money(Pics) / Yuletide: ATMs Frustrate Customers In Jos, Fail To Dispense Cash / How to get a POS for ATM cash withdrawal and Deposit business in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by KAYD007(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2017
dust144:
Yes I have eaten my father 20k in union bank Abuja, he punch and waited but the cash and card didn't come out and went in to complain while I wait but the cash showed up and the atm, no vex I gave the man his card n the cash was story for the gods.

baddest guy grin grin
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by Goddygee(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2017
lol
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by kelvyn7: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2017
shocked
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by Freethought(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2017
sirdouglas:
I went to several. ATM yesterday trying to withdraw but the queue was much so at the end I decided to wait at access bank. The machine paid the lady before me so I was hopeful. I inserted my card and after choosing the amount I wanted I heard the ATM counting money but few minutes later I saw "transaction successful do u wish to continue" few minutes later I got a debit alert. I waited hoping the might come out but nothing happened. Till now I have not gotten a refund and I operate with first bank.

My question is if it's possible that the ATM will still dispense the cash later and now the ATM has acknowledged a successful transaction, can I still get my money ? Bankers in the forum please help

This is why i love stanbic ibtc bank. They will refund you immediately your account is erroneously debited.. Buh if you use first bank, my brother, it will take you nothing less than 11days before it's reversed.

I remember a day first bank erroneously debited me 80k(online transaction).. I could not sleep for close to 15days before it was eventually reversed on the 14th day

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by youngerikina40(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2017
Guy ur mata get as ie be oioi grin grin grin
20k shocked shocked
Guy u get heart oo, if nah.me i no go on live d Atm oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by anonymuz(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2017
dust144:
Yes I have eaten my father 20k in union bank Abuja, he punch and waited but the cash and card didn't come out and went in to complain while I wait but the cash showed up and the atm, no vex I gave the man his card n the cash was story for the gods.
another bad guy spotted.
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by hardon1(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2017
Demmy59:
It possible I have had a first hand experience, Sam not a banker though . They have to run after the guy to call him back. It happened at GTB ATM

chie, y una dey lie like this. Provided the machine have asked you to take your card, that transaction is successful, there is no way it would vomit ur cash later. Unless it reboots or hangs with ur card within. As far as it tells u 'sucessful, take ur card', and u took it, it will require another cycle for it to vomit money again, and the cycle woudnt be complete without an atm card within

@poster, it will reverse. If it doesnt, walk-in ur bank and lay complain, ur money go come

5 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2017
agboskipool:
I wan collect 10k for one bank like as I reach ATM point like I see say money open mouth for me, I counted it was 20k I gave it called de attention of those security on duty that day shaaaa
You lie!!! ATM retrieves back money after 30seconds of non-collection
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by brightdave: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2017
sirdouglas:

Thanks,.did it take long before that happened? cos I waited but nothing happened, I am just afraid maybe when the system is back it will dispense the cash

20K no be change for this recession nah
The case above is only possible if it has counted and the network is not to good, so there may be delay in dispensing Ur cash. but for Ur case just go get a form and fill it will be reversed within 7 -10 working days. just relax
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by jesutofunmi13(m): 9:39am On Aug 25, 2017
Your experience is not new and strange. Simply walk into any of your bank's branch and formally complain. Provide them with the neccessary information like the Access banks ATM that you used, the date and time and the amount involved. the two banks will investigate and refund your money. Many things can cause what happened. If the machine counted the cash, it means your money was trapped in the machine and the branch would have seen the overage because you were debited.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by cyborg123(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2017
dacovajnr:
The day wey this thing do me ehn grin grin grin.Atm no gree dispense..i vex carry Okada dey go house as I reach halfway na e I get alert of 10k debited!! Nibo!!Nazo I shout "Okada turn back,my money don dey pour for atm floor!!!" as I reach I cum ask "abeg who pack my money" dem just dey look me like say I don mad. Na later dem come Crédit my account grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by tosyne2much(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Yes, I had seen such before
With the trend of programming, such a thing no longer happen. Though, it used to happen few years back
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by topzeezo: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2017
It can only occur wen yur ATM card is inside the machine
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by tosyne2much(m): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2017
nurey:
yes i have seen it before, 2009, Zenith bank Isale igbaein branch Abeokuta.

I dont know what the man did but he took his ATM card and left, as I and my friend got to the machine, the slot opened and out came 7k, 7k no be small money then, i ran after the man and handed over the money to him, he was grateful said he thought the machine wasnt dispensing.
Some people would have given gratitude to God for blessing them cheesy
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by kennyshaddy: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2017
This is very possible but it is frequent on NCR terminals. I have not witness or get report of such case on Wincor machines.
Kindly note that is not the mater of bank used but terminal used.
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by ashawopikin(m): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2017
Lemme ask ifa

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by TheTourist: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2017
NO BE SMALL RECORD MY BROTHER!! 4 MONTHS OF WAITING.
OLUWA GO PICK UP OUR CALL TOO IJN
Narldon:

This Thread was created on 30th April..

and moved to frontpage on 25th August

Round of Applause for this new record

grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by tosyne2much(m): 9:44am On Aug 25, 2017
dacovajnr:
[]The day wey this thing do me ehn grin grin grin.Atm no gree dispense..i vex carry Okada dey go house as I reach halfway na e I get alert of 10k debited!! Nibo!!Nazo I shout "Okada turn back,my money don dey pour for atm floor!!!" as I reach I cum ask "abeg who pack my money" dem just dey look me like say I don mad. Na later dem come Crédit my account grin grin[/b]
You be yeye guy I swear cheesy
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by Narldon: 9:45am On Aug 25, 2017
EmekaBlue:
grin Blessed is the person who comes to the ATM and money just fall on him/her bfr inserting card

I'm a Living Testimony of this

grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by Narldon: 9:47am On Aug 25, 2017
TheTourist:
NO BE SMALL RECORD MY BROTHER!! 4 MONTHS OF WAITING.
OLUWA GO PICK UP OUR CALL TOO IJN

BROTHER??

Dude, I'm a Lady smiley

A big AMEN to your prayers tho' cheesy
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by tosyne2much(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2017
Freethought:

This is why i love stanbic ibtc bank. They will refund you immediately your account is erroneously debited.. Buh if you use first bank, my brother, it will take you nothing less than 11days before it's reversed.

I remember a day first bank erroneously debited me 80k(online transaction).. I could not sleep for close to 15days before it was eventually reversed on the 14th day
I love GTB too. Any unjust deduction will be credited back to your account without beckoning on the CC
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by crypta007(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2017
Well you will get ur money back by visiting your bank to complain, what happened was an hardware error which will be seen on the journal Which will be used in rectifying and paying you back .
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by mechanics(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2017
it's not possible, go to your bank and fill form for refund, it has happened to me several times with my bank and it was refunded, unless they lie to you that it has dispense the cash which happened in my old bank, up till now no refund and I have stopped using the bank.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by Psoul(m): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2017
You may or may not get ur money back. Mine i was lucky.
Went to Ecobank to withdraw. Inserted my card did all i was supposed to do and nothing happened.

As soon as i left the bank, not too far from the bank I received a debit alert. I shouted that the machine must have dispensed my cash and another person may take it. As i rushed to check, I saw a young guy hurrying out of the ATM point. My mind told me he must have taken the money since there was no other person using the ATM.
I rushed to confront him and fortunately, I immediately received another alert reversing the N20,000 transaction. I heaved a sigh of relief.
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by sermming: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2017
You will have to check with your bank and explain what happen to them.They will then write access bank.Access bank on their side will go through the transaction on that very date and when it shows you were not paid but debited they will return the money back to first bank and your bank will credit you..
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by Ofuks(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2017
Yes it is possible for ATM to dispense cash after you have gone but not in Nigeria. The standard set by the regulator for Nigerian ATMs is that Cash is dispensed first before your card is removed from the machine. Cash is not dispensed after you retrieve your card from the machine. The machine malfunctioned while processing your transaction...the guys at the back end can see the error so be hopeful.

Yes you can still get your money back. Just go to your bank and fill ATM complaint form. The complaint would be logged against Access Bank for reversal. The reversal could take up 5-7 days from the date it was logged to be effected. Cheer up

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by uglodoh(f): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2017
The money will be refunded back to you. I have had similar experiences with my first bank ATM card but they credit my account later.
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by joinnow: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2017
Initially ATM process is
Light blink
Insert card
Put password
Type amount
Account type
Remove card
Cash dispense.
People keep forgetting their money.
Cos when you get your card by default you will think transaction is complete and after waiting no sign of money coming out you go then the stupid ATM go just vomit your money.
But now the process is
Light blink
Insert card
Put password
Type amount
Account type
Cash dispense
Remove card.

Unless the ATM machine is faulty or the ATM maintainance guy don fikkle the machine grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by blesoh(f): 10:02am On Aug 25, 2017
Narldon:

This Thread was created on 30th April..

and moved to frontpage on 25th August

Round of Applause for this new record

grin

The modes are something else

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by Juliette05(f): 10:03am On Aug 25, 2017
This happened to me in 2014, I was debited and Cash wasn't dispensed, I complained @ ecobank in Abakaliki, after one year I was told that the cash came out after I left, I was dumbfounded, and there is nothing they can do. Since then ecobank is a no go area
Re: Is It Possible For ATM To Dispense Cash After You Are Gone? Any Such Experience? by Samuel89(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2017
I hope you waited for someone else to try the ATM after you and the person withdrew money? If yes, simply go to your bank and file a complaint. It will be reversed. Trust me, there are picture evidence you didn't take the money which means you have a chance to get your money back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LAGOS Demolishes Shops In Ikoyi After Landlord Fails To Pay N40m Permit / Guidelines For Importing Goods Into Nigeria (clearing Your Goods) / First Bank Ado-ekiti On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.