Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why (8550 Views)

#singing2020: List All The Chorus And Worhsip You Have Learn So Far / Top 20 Christian Christmas Carols And Hymns Of All Time / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 30, 2017
Culin:
Lol Yomi your people o. I prefer hymns too, they're deep, full with messages, honest and balanced. Hymns bring me to my lowest and helpless state.

The way flauwa is growing on girls head these days.....I think God is giving us revelation that agriculture is the way.
grin
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by Chuukwudi(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2017
dolphinife:
I know that my redeemer liveth

S S:- D D T D F M R R M
S S:- S S M D D T
R D:- T D:- R M F M M R
M D L:- R D T L T D

Ancient and Modern
D M:R D: L S: S S
D L: R R D T D
D S: F M: R D: T L
L F M R D T R D

Tune names are Wiltshire and Edgeware respectively.

1 Like

Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by babyfaceafrica: 11:05am On Apr 30, 2017
Hymns anyday
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by GindoX(m): 11:07am On Apr 30, 2017
Amarabae:
As a Methodist,I Prefer Hymn and worship. But Hey, I will shake that thing my mama gave me at the sound of a good praise.

What did ya moma gave u? grin
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 30, 2017
Trueigbo:
I prefer hymns to chorus

Hymns lifts my spirit with the words that were carefully selected.
And you at absolutely right!
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by rafabenitez: 11:15am On Apr 30, 2017
Op,hymns all the way,i rep anglican church,we own dem hymns,other churches copy from our hymnbook,esp all these new generation churches.

2 Likes

Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by Culin(f): 11:16am On Apr 30, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

The way flauwa is growing on girls head these days.....I think God is giving us revelation that agriculture is the way.
grin

Or it's just simply snapchat
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by laplace19(m): 11:18am On Apr 30, 2017
Amarabae:
As a Methodist,I Prefer Hymn and worship. But Hey, I will shake that thing my mama gave me at the sound of a good praise.

Worthy is the Lamb!!.... Proudly Methodist.

1 Like

Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by Dalyjay(m): 11:19am On Apr 30, 2017
Hmmmm, I prefer hymn, especially does dat talk about the heavenly kingdom, like TACN redemption hymnal 550
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by IgweBUIKE1(m): 11:32am On Apr 30, 2017
thenny312:
Hymn fills something in me Come to my church u'll c people crying during hymns grin Chorus is just dancing all the way
celestial church of Christ??
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by Collyno82(m): 11:34am On Apr 30, 2017
both. while chorus magnifies, hymns exalts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by IgweBUIKE1(m): 11:34am On Apr 30, 2017
toyetade:
Hymns are messages in themselves and are rich. Hymns like Through all the scenes of life, Higher Ground, On Christ the solid rock and a lot of others
are you a virgin deeperlifer?
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by ilohemmy(m): 11:35am On Apr 30, 2017
Singing hymns is like singing with Angels
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by IgweBUIKE1(m): 11:38am On Apr 30, 2017
I prefer hymns although in my church deeperlife they have a soul searching and soul lifting chorus too... like"I am rejoicing that Jesus conquer the world
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by fippycbk(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2017
dolphinife:

Ancient and Modern
L F M R D T R D

The first tune is also for "Spirit divine, attend our prayers"

2 Likes

Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by MrSly(m): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2017
dolphinife:
S S:- D D T D F M R R M S S:- S S M D D T R D:- T D:- R M F M M R M D L:- R D T L T D
Ancient and Modern D M:R D: L S: S S D L: R R D T D D S: F M: R D: T L L F M R D T R D
that's the best Hymn ever
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 30, 2017
IgweBUIKE1:
are you a virgin deeperlifer?

What does that mean ?
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by geekybabe(f): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2017
Hymns are very deep. The lyrics carry so much meaning and make you feel lifted.
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by UgojiC(m): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2017
Depends on my mood, but I prefer hymns.
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by geekybabe(f): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
laplace19:

Worthy is the Lamb!!.... Proudly Methodist.

Yea.. Worthy Worthy is the lamb !.. proudly methodist too
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by laplace19(m): 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
geekybabe:

Yea.. Worthy Worthy is the lamb !.. proudly methodist too

Lolz. .. I bin dey think say na only me follow come nairaland sef.
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by McDonJay(m): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
dolphinife:

Ancient and Modern
L F M R D T R D
soul lifting tunes and song but those tunes are not for "I know that my redeemer liveth".
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by james917: 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
hymn all the way

Nearer my God to thee, Nearer to thee, E'en though it be a cross that raiseth me, still all my songs shall be Nearer my God to thee Nearer my God to thee Nearer to thee,......
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by theSpark(m): 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
I consider hymns the truest of gospel songs. They draw me to God
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by lonelydora: 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hymn all the way.
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by Bankoleyemi: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Trueigbo:
I prefer hymns to chorus

Hymns lifts my spirit with the words that were carefully selected.

I love hymns that I started playing the piano at age 6. My father was the presiding organist of a renowned Cathedral, travelled to many countries playing for kings, knights, Presidents and Bishops. I was opportuned to have the whole collection of his musical books, but the only one that got my attention was a special Piano-Keyboard tutorial book that will teach even a one year child to start playing hymns and classical music like a pro in just a couple of minutes. He told me, it was the book he used to teach people on the go where he is performing as those people will not have much time to spend with him. My dad told me, our family are all able to play the piano because of that particular book which will just split and upturn music for you in ten minutes. You dont need to own a piano to learn those tactics, but as you mount the piano, you will play like a pro. I have never seen the 314 paged book in any music store or outlet. No matter your level, begginer, intermedate, pro, you will be amazed how classic you will sound in just minutes with staff and solfa tonic exercises. Many organist are strucked when it comes to staff, pedalling and sustain, this book will make you a pro in just 10 minutes. That guy in your church that does puff-up for you because he can play, will be amazed to see you play like a pro next Sunday. Dont thank me yet, thank yourself if you can be fast to be amoung the 10 persons. My father told me that this book is our treasure that I should guard it with my efforts. I have used the book to teach many people including blind organists, kids of wealthy men, waiters and cooperate entertainers etc.

I saw this post and decided to give our folks a Sunday gift in the spirit of Christ. I want the best for us here and will be glad to allow interested 10 persons to have The Treasure Piano Book at almost nothing. In fact I cannot say a specific price because it is priceless. If interested 10 people can raise N1,500 each, I will let them have it to cover the scanning cost of the Book.
If you are intersted, kindly text The Treasure Piano Book, your email address to 08133972034. I will send it right away into your mail box.

1 Like

Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by toprealman: 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
Dahkogrin007:
Like for HYMNS and Share for CHORUS

Happy sunday
SHARE for message, REPORT for religion.
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by RobinHez(m): 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
They both have their place in a worship service na... How can we try to compare?
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by murmee: 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
geekybabe:
Hymns are very deep. The lyrics carry so much meaning and make you feel lifted.

My dear, Hymns are not only deep but they are also prayers and that is why hymns end with AMEN. No church can beat the Anglican and Methodist churches when it comes to Hymns.
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by Celsony: 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
Both have their places in worship but PERSONALLY i prefer hymn
Re: Chorus And Hymns: Which Do You Prefer And Why by K08(m): 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2017
Bankoleyemi:

I love hymns that I started playing the piano at age 6. My father was the presiding organist of a renowned Cathedral, travelled to many countries playing for kings, knights, Presidents and Bishops. I was opportuned to have the whole collection of his musical books, but the only one that got my attention was a special Piano-Keyboard tutorial book that will teach even a one year child to start playing hymns and classical music like a pro in just a couple of minutes. He told me, it was the book he used to teach people on the go where he is performing as those people will not have much time to spend with him. My dad told me, our family are all able to play the piano because of that particular book which will just split and upturn music for you in ten minutes. You dont need to own a piano to learn those tactics, but as you mount the piano, you will play like a pro. I have never seen the 314 paged book in any music store or outlet. No matter your level, begginer, intermedate, pro, you will be amazed how classic you will sound in just minutes with staff and solfa tonic exercises. Many organist are strucked when it comes to staff, pedalling and sustain, this book will make you a pro in just 10 minutes. That guy in your church that does puff-up for you because he can play, will be amazed to see you play like a pro next Sunday. Dont thank me yet, thank yourself if you can be fast to be amoung the 10 persons. My father told me that this book is our treasure that I should guard it with my efforts. I have used the book to teach many people including blind organists, kids of wealthy men, waiters and cooperate entertainers etc.

I saw this post and decided to give our folks a Sunday gift in the spirit of Christ. I want the best for us here and will be glad to allow interested 10 persons to have The Treasure Piano Book at almost nothing. In fact I cannot say a specific price because it is priceless. If interested 10 people can raise N1,500 each, I will let them have it to cover the scanning cost of the Book.
If you are intersted, kindly text The Treasure Piano Book, your email address to 08133972034. I will send it right away into your mail box.
Becoming a pro in just 10 minutes? Lies, lies, lies, lies everywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria / / 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.