Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT (4548 Views)

Rabbits Feeds And Feeding Management / Pig Feeds And Feeding. / Snail Feed And Feeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
Poultry Farming:
Cost Of Feeds and Feeding.
Feed takes between 75 - 80% of cost of production which doesn't augur well for the farmers. And have said it severally that the best way to beat this down is by seeking for the knowledge in the area of poultry feed formulation which of course, if it is gotten right, one will always smile to his/her bank .
Those big farms you know of aren't buying feeds, but produce theirs.
You too can do that, you as a farmer don't need to have ten of thousands of birds before you emulate them. All you need to do as a farmer is to seek for knowledge in the area of feed formulation and production. Believe me, it doesn't cost a fortune.
FARMERS WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER BECAUSE NIGERIA IS HEADING BACK TO AGRICULTURILIZATION.
Maq Pisces Ventures
Whatapp:08155867004
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by bubedchemist(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
Am not on whatsapp presently... But where do you base sir
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 10:07pm On May 01, 2017
I shuttle between Lagos(Ikorodu) and Ogun State(Ifo).
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2017
POULTRY FARMING AND HEALTH
As a matter of fact, meats from poultry and their eggs can be beneficial to the consumers if the birds are fed well with balance ration that is devoid of ANTIBIOTICS ARTIFICIAL EGG YOLK COLOURANT ,SYNTHETIC AMINO ACIDS and not forgetting GROWTH PROMOTERS.
When one or all these are included in poultry feeds, then we are already reducing our body's immunity ignorantly because they are all NOT fit for HUMAN CONSUMPTION. And one of the major REASON why I don't support the importation of processed poultry because they are UNFIT for human consumption.
But the BIG question is , WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL CONSUMING THE PROCESSED IMPORTED POULTRY?
ANSWERS a) Ignorant
b) Poverty
c) Non challant attitude
d) All of the above
Whatever the answer is, we should let OUR FOOD BE OUR MEDICINE AND NOT MEDICINE BE OUR FOOD
Therefore, we should all begin to look inward to ORGANIC FARMING through the use of
PHYTOGENIC FEED ADDITVES AND SAY NO TO ANTIBIOTICS AND OTHER CARCINOGENIC SUBSTANCES
FOR MORE DETAILS CONTACT
MAQPISCES VENTURES
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 10:21pm On May 04, 2017
WHY IS TABLE EGG COST SO MUCH ?
There is no gain saying that supposedly high cost of POULTRY LAYERS FEED does not necessarily mean that eggs should be sold at such exorbitant price, aside the present egg glut that is prevalent in the South West presently.
It might interest my followers that despite the cost of 25kg of layer's feed ; a unit of egg shouldn't cost as much as N40 that it's sold in most localities under a false pretense in the high cost of feeding the laying birds.
For any smart Poultry Farmer, this is the time to key in into the market by falling the price of the products. This is more achievable through the knowledge of SELF FEED PRODUCTION Because there is nothing STOPPING the eggs for being sold at N30/one.
WATCH OUT FOR THE ANALYSIS .
Maqpisces Ventures

Written by
Maq Pisces Ventures .
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 11:57am On Jan 05, 2018
Good Morning and Happy New Year to all Nairalanders.
As a result of the pressure I have been getting from my dear followers on this trend and based on the promise I made to some of us who chatted with me on Whatsapp, I am therefore doing this for all of us.
As we all know that cost of Poultry Feeds are skyrocketing daily and some Poultry Farmers are finding it difficult coping with the prices of this feeds that come under various brand names from A to Z.
The REASON is not HIDDEN. It is PURELY DUE TO INADEQUATE KNOWLEDGE about FEED FORMULATION. Otherwise, we would have been able to force down the price.
So, WHAT IS CAUSE?
the cause is that most of us who claim to know how to formulate feed and/ or Poultry Feed producers stick to the CONVECTIONAL FEED INGREDIENTS such as Maize, GNC, SBM, FFSB and Fish Meal without having the knowledge to use alternative feed ingredients which are mostly AIBPs.
It is possible to formulate a more nutritious poultry feeds, say layers feed with less than N2800 and this will be better of than the commercially produced ones since you are only producing it for your farms.
So, we all can calculate the difference whenbthe cheapest layers feed is N3200 depending on ones location and considering the number of birds one has plus the number of 25kg bags consumed per day/week /month/year.
Though, the act of feed Formulation is no-child's play because it involves some technicalities. But who says it can be learnt.
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Edezz(m): 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
Maqpisces:
Good Morning and Happy New Year to all Nairalanders.
As a result of the pressure I have been getting from my dear followers on this trend and based on the promise I made to some of us who chatted with me on Whatsapp, I am therefore doing this for all of us.
As we all know that cost of Poultry Feeds are skyrocketing daily and some Poultry Farmers are finding it difficult coping with the prices of this feeds that come under various brand names from A to Z.
The REASON is not HIDDEN. It is PURELY DUE TO INADEQUATE KNOWLEDGE about FEED FORMULATION. Otherwise, we would have been able to force down the price.
So, WHAT IS CAUSE?
the cause is that most of us who claim to know how to formulate feed and/ or Poultry Feed producers stick to the CONVECTIONAL FEED INGREDIENTS such as Maize, GNC, SBM, FFSB and Fish Meal without having the knowledge to use alternative feed ingredients which are mostly AIBPs.
It is possible to formulate a more nutritious poultry feeds, say layers feed with less than N2800 and this will be better of than the commercially produced ones since you are only producing it for your farms.
So, we all can calculate the difference whenbthe cheapest layers feed is N3200 depending on ones location and considering the number of birds one has plus the number of 25kg bags consumed per day/week /month/year.
Though, the act of feed Formulation is no-child's play because it involves some technicalities. But who says it can be learnt.

Ride on boss... am following...
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Hopeyem12(m): 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
Happy New Year!! Thanks for drawing our attention to the alternative route to poultry business sustainability via feed formulation. It's a brilliant idea and I commend your effort to draw people mostly struggling farmers attention to the alternative route. I do wish if you could do more by more efforts from your end.
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2018
Maize( Yellow/White) has been the MOST COMMONLY CONVECTIONAL ENERGY SOURCE of plant origin in livestock ( poultry) feed formulation. It is very scarce due to the competition from man and animals as food.
Consequently, it becomes so expensive to purchase and the inclusion of high percentage of Maize in Poultry Feeds or diets automatically implies high feeding cost.
As a result of this, any vibrant and proactive Farmer should be able to demystify this by finding a lasting solution which is in any of the following :
>Alternative cereal grains and cereal by - products
>Root and tubers and their by - products.
With due respect to the farmers that use NOODLES WASTE AND BISCUIT WASTE as their SOURCES of ENERGY, can anyone state the proximal compositions of the noodle waste and that of the biscuit waste being used ?
All what you will be told is that they can be used as replacement for Maize as ENERGY SOURCES.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with either of the two if only one knows their proximal compositional values because without it, there is no way one can formulate a balanced feed with it. Quote me ANYWHERE.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 9:20am On Jan 06, 2018
Sequel to the replacement of Maize with other cereals cereals by-products, root and tubers and their by - products, without mincing words, one will practically force down the cost of Poultry Feed production as Maize alone accounts for between 40 - 60 % of the overall feed ingredients composition.
And if one can successfully replace Maize fully or partially, such Farmer would have equally saved nothing less than 15 -25 % of the cost of feed production.
But before one embarks on this venture, you need to be well grounded in feed formulation and knowing the details of the substituting feed(s) in terms of their PROXIMAL COMPOSITIONS and also the level of their INCLUSION RATE for each of the category of Poultry birds ( Broilers, Turkeys, Chicks, Pullet, Layers).
Otherwise, it shouldn't be the case of penny wise pounds foolish.
Wishing All Farmers Bumper Harvest .

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 9:16am On Jan 07, 2018
Yeah! Talking about replacing or substituting Maize in any of the Poultry Feed ( Broilers -starter,grower&finisher* , Turkey - starter, grower&finisher, Pullet - Chicks starter, grower,pre-lay &layers) and also for the so called cockerels.
One must have the detail information of such replacer/substitute to use in terms of its proximal composition and not just to completely substitute say 54kg Maize with same quantity of any desired replacer. NO, it doesn't work like that ,except for Wheat and --------------
As earlier written in my last post that maize can be replaced /substituted with other cereals and cereal by -products, root and tubers crops, Cassava and its by-products.
For other cereal grains, we have the following :
•Sorghum
•Millet
•Broken Rice
•Wheat
Other cereal grains such as rye, barley, oats etc are not grown in Nigeria therefore, they aren't within our scope.
But because of price factor and their competitiveness from man, they are usually unavailable for farmers or rather also expensive to purchase.
WATCH OUT FOR THE REAL THING UNDER MAIZE REPLACEMENT WHICH COMES FROM CEREAL BY -PRODUCTS AND FROM CASSAVA AND ITS BY-PRODUCTS IN MY NEXT POST.
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
In replacing Maize in feed formulation either party or totally, we need to have the knowledge of what ingredient we intend to use. But basically, like I said earlier, we either use other cereals and/or cereal by-products which come cheaper.
As cereal by-products, one can use wheat offal, maize offal, rice bran, brewer dried grain. And as a matter of preference, I personally prefer maize offal because it is rich in nutrients. It is derived from industries that produce glucose and also locally from those that produce pap.
It has its inclusion rate in all the categories of Poultry. Be it broilers or layers, and the inclusion level must be adhered to. Though, one may toy with the Cockerel, but certainly not with the Pullets/layers.
Having said this, before a choice is made in the course of the replacement, PRICE FACTOR must be considered. If what is cheaper in your locality is wheat bran, why not go for it.
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 9:40am On Jul 10, 2018
Interesting to know that some broiler farmers are still arguing it that it is impossible to get a broiler ready at 5 weeks old with an average weight of 2kg. But the truth is that the SECRET is in the BROILERS 10 days of live and nothing more.
The birds are fed with a special feed that at 10 days one should get between 4.5 to 5.5 times the weight of a day old broiler which is between 40 - 42 g.
The question now is how many of us is getting this value?
Of course, the result isn't just dependent of the feeding alone, there are other factors such as the strain if the bird( Arbor Acre, Arbor Acre Plus, Marshall, Cobb, etc) and also the management system practiced.
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by Maqpisces(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2018
Happy new month to all great farmers in the house and using this same medium to wish us all happy Xmas and new year in advance.
As we all are awaiting these Yuletides, we should all be concerned with the quality of chicken we eat. Either from broiler or turkey. With due respect to the market women who engage in the chicken frozen business, it is better we buy farm fresh live broilers or turkey who are by far better than the imported ones via Cotonou border. These imported ones are full of steroids, hormones, drug residues emanated from the use of various types of antibiotics which prone the consumers to various illnesses you can think of, the height being cancer due to the presence of the carcinogenic substances.
Of course, the majority of the ones from the farm are not totally free from all these. But like I said earlier on ,it is still preferable than the so called imported junks all because of its cheapness.
But the best being the consumption of organically raised poultry. Instead of using the so called CHEMICALS, herbs and its extract are used which are natural and help in curing some ailments ranging from arthritis to boosting immunity depending on ones knowledge on ethnic - veterinary medicine.
Commonly used herbs include garlic, turmeric, ginger, black pepper, chilli pepper, basil plant, Alma plant, neem plant, clove seed, pawpaw leaves, pawpaw fruit, pawpaw seeds, banana peel avocado seed, rapeseed etc.
In using any of these, I advise you have a detailed knowledge of each of the listed ingredients and others, otherwise one will regret using any of it. It is not a rocket science.
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by successinlife: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2019
Quite educative and a nice concept.
Re: Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT by sehisagro: 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resources, we are involved sell and formulate poultry/ livestock feed. We also sell and supply raw materials like soya meal, maize, gnc, pkc, wheat offal, bone meal, limestone, e.t.c, in wholesale or retail quantities.. We also formulate quality poultry feeds. Our broiler Starter and Finisher gives your birds 3kg in less than 7 weeks. Our layers mash increases egg productivity. We are located in Port Harcourt and you could contact us on 09022541225.
We currently formulate quality feeds for a number of farms within and outside Port Harcourt.

(1) (Reply)

Farmers From Ido Local Government,oyo State: Lets Share Experience / Great Secret In Grasscutter Breeding / Donkey Skin Dealer Wanted Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.