Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,056 members, 7,807,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (428613 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ATSDigitalConce(m): 10:00am On Jun 27, 2022
Thank you for Educating us

That's why I trust Afolayan Global Realtor, they sell legit properties

https://www.facebook.com/109782848441125/posts/pfbid02S2hXp1Xnad4S2eJfpDcbF2BAQEPq6GFEfyCVMkHULqf8myXyaU8twJhThqv5Qpbml/?app=fbl

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Sukkyy2010: 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2022
Dashlish12:
. Go ahead and try to let them sign a deed of conveyance not just family receipt or try to go with another yoruba man aside from the agent on payment day
I lately saw your thread on properties you're really doing well sir, keep up the good work.

Please I need your advice on a landed property I bought lately last night. A plot of land I bought through a prominent surveyor. After I made the payment I was only giving a family receipt I demanded deed of assignment the surveyor told me I'll have to pay for processing of deed of assignment. The surveyor gave me his own personal receipt and also gave me family receipt of the family that the land belong to. Now I'm planning to start building on the land but I'm having this doubtful mind telling me I don't have reliable and concrete document for the land I want to invest money on and this though always causes hesitation and restraint me from taking any step further into building on the land because I'm afraid of building on the land I only have family receipt as document which is I think it doesn't server enough document.

Now my question is,
I'm the one to be responsible to process deed of assignment myself as a buyer or it should be the duty of the seller to give me the deep of assignment?

Please what do I do I don't want to start building on the land with just only family receipt as document in land

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

I lately saw your thread on properties you're really doing well sir, keep up the good work.

Please I need your advice on a landed property I bought lately last night. A plot of land I bought through a prominent surveyor. After I made the payment I was only giving a family receipt I demanded deed of assignment the surveyor told me I'll have to pay for processing of deed of assignment. The surveyor gave me his own personal receipt and also gave me family receipt of the family that the land belong to. Now I'm planning to start building on the land but I'm having this doubtful mind telling me I don't have reliable and concrete document for the land I want to invest money on and this though always causes hesitation and restraint me from taking any step further into building on the land because I'm afraid of building on the land I only have family receipt as document which is I think it doesn't server enough document.

Now my question is,
I'm the one to be responsible to process deed of assignment myself as a buyer or it should be the duty of the seller to give me the deep of assignment?

Please what do I do I don't want to start building on the land with just only family receipt as document in land
you bought a land truly. Which receipt was issued. (mere receipt anybody can give u receipt or forged it.]

Now since you demanded for the survey and deed of agreement non was available. You have to pay for the deed of agreement to be processed like wise the survey of the land.

After that please verify the survey paper to check if its authentic or genuine at lands.

Also if u document this faster it can still be resold to another individual without u knowing self.

Once everything is done and its genuine, secure the land immediately by fencing it first or start building on it gradually

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Sukkyy2010: 10:46am On Jul 01, 2022
Prooton:
you bought a land truly. Which receipt was issued. (mere receipt anybody can give u receipt or forged it.]

Now since you demanded for the survey and deed of agreement non was available. You have to pay for the deed of agreement to be processed like wise the survey of the land.

After that please verify the survey paper to check if its authentic or genuine at lands.

Also if u document this faster it can still be resold to another individual without u knowing self.

Once everything is done and its genuine, secure the land immediately by fencing it first or start building on it gradually
Thanks man
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Sukkyy2010: 10:54am On Jul 01, 2022
Prooton:

Thanks for your response sir I'm very grateful may the Lord Almighty accomplish your work.

Let me kindly update you the latest, few minutes ago I visited the surveyor whom I bought the land from concerning deed of agreement and the surveyor said no problem that his going to handle it that he'll be the one to bring in a lawyer that will process the document.

Now my question sir!

Is that how it been done? Is right the seller is the one to bring in lawyer for this coz I was thinking of using my personal lawyer for it.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

Thanks for your response sir I'm very grateful may the Lord Almighty accomplish your work.

Let me kindly update you the latest, few minutes ago I visited the surveyor whom I bought the land from concerning deed of agreement and the surveyor said no problem that his going to handle it that he'll be the one to bring in a lawyer that will process the document.

Now my question sir!

Is that how it been done? Is right the seller is the one to bring in lawyer for this coz I was thinking of using my personal lawyer for it.
also involves your own lawyer. How much is the said land? It will determine
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Sukkyy2010: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
Prooton:
also involves your own lawyer. How much is the said land? It will determine
The land is 500k, how much does "deed of assignments" cost coz this man he's charging me 140k for It. Its actually my first time property I have no prior experience. And also how do I bring in my own lawyer now that he's the one taking care of everything.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

The land is 500k, how much does "deed of assignments" cost coz this man he's charging me 140k for It. Its actually my first time property I have no prior experience. And also how do I bring in my own lawyer now that he's the one taking care of everything.
it's to much.. The deed should 10 percent of the cost of land height 50k
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Dashlish12: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2022
[quote author=Sukkyy2010 post=114305524]

Please I need your advice on a landed property I bought lately last night.

Now my question is,
I'm the one to be responsible. I Think you should google the term 'Deed Of Assignment' so as to have a better encodement of the Title: moreover deed of assignment must be prepare by a lawyer for validvation. So yes you can be responsible for the deed of assignment
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by TINKU01(f): 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Prooton:
it's to much.. The deed should 10 percent of the cost of land height 50k

See this THIEF advising someone on land matter. Lol. Mr Chibuzor Ugwuozor, your BVN has been held by EFCC, walk into any bank to complain. Also the account of Ayodeji Ajide used is also held by the fraud desk. You are both in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Sukkyy2010: 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2022
TINKU01:

See this THIEF advising someone on land matter. Lol. Mr Chibuzor Ugwuozor, your BVN has been held by EFCC, walk into any bank to complain. Also the account of Ayodeji Ajide used is also held by the fraud desk. You are both in trouble.
Tell me more, how is he a fraudster please shed light to it might help understand escape fall prey or victim.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by TINKU01(f): 10:53am On Jul 06, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

Tell me more, how is he a fraudster please shed light to it might help understand escape fall prey or victim.

Don't send any money to him to purchase paypal funds, he doesn't have any paypal for sale and he would not refund you
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by AlphaTaikun: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
lawyer:
Hi Everyone! 2009 and 2010 was great for so many reasons because i made people finally realise they have the power to determine how they buy property before throwing away their hard earned money. Personally i feel very very fulfilled that i did my best to help a lot of Nairalanders search properties and recommend the ones that are valid and the ones that have so many hidden problems that by the time you purchase it, you end up having more headaches than when you previously didnt buy any land. I was doing my calculation yesterday and i realised i have turned down almost N165Million worth of properties that were advertised to be sold to intending purchasers that had so many hidden scruples that the agents and omoniles wont tell you till you commit your money and then its from frying pan to fire. smiley

For the avoidance of doubt for First Time Property/Land Buyers or New Nairaland Property Viewers and Readers  who dont know what a property search is, it means before you buy any land or property whatso ever in any form or shape where ever, you have to know the validity of it.

Lagos in particular is so notorious when it comes to sale of property or land that have so many fraudulent defects surrounding that land/ property that you wont even know what has hit you. These set of people are known as the Omoniles, land grabbers or land touts.

Omoniles naturally should mean owners of the original land which includes the original family that truthfully inherited the property from their fore fathers that has passed down to them. But the real problem comes when there are so many members of the family that are divided in terms of claiming ownership of the lands and how the land truthfully devolved to them. Before you know it, a property that is meant to be shared by a family of 3 to claim ownership is now being contested by the brother in law, the aunty, the great grand uncle relatives etc and thats when they begin to employ touts going around to masquerade as the original owners with the right to sell and after you fall victim of their sweet tongues and coercion, you realise that you bought from the wrong family or the wrong set of people who have no right to sell the land to you and you would be confronted by the original owners  when you have started building half way and forced to cough out another payment to the real owners or be thrown out of the land. Trust me this scourge is very very real and 65% of lands in lagos have this problem one way or the other.

The other way your being decieved is by telling you the genuiness of the property comes from a set of documents. Those set of documents include either a survey plan, a deed of assignment, a certificate of occupancy, government allocation letter, government gazette or governors consent.

They will show you all manners of papers to make you believe them instantly and start pointing to different houses around there that has been built by one commissioner or one Minister or one big man and that their houses are still standing without any government wahala. What they want you to do is to instantly believe them and pay money to them immediately. One thing you can be rest assured is that, once you pay money to an Omonile, you will never ever ever get a refund of that money. Its gone and in some cases its in your front they will start sharing the money.

Dont ever ever fall for that trick. Always demand for what ever documents they have. I will point out the importance of each document to know the relevance of it and why it shouldn't be taken for granted.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by indemnityy: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nice one.

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by KBARBIE(f): 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
A 4 bedroom duplex is available for quick sale.

All rooms ensuite

Title: Federal Government Acquisition

Price: 80m

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by mirinda01(m): 9:20am On Jul 15, 2022
Are you an agent in Abuja?
Do you have a buyer looking for any products or service in Abuja?

Then use the link to join the group where you will meet all kinds of agents that can provide all you need.

No matter what the buyer needs, someone can get it for them.

https:///DKoIyUtc0YxHehu22iLqxy

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.