Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:36 AM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (427460 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by petme: 12:56am On Nov 10, 2010
@ Lawyer, qiute unfortunate that some of us are just reading this late. i have just been scammed of my hard-earned money and it seem very painful. I was introduced to a land by a friend and i decided to buy two acres of land for 1.2M in ibadan. I was told to do a survey plan which i did and a proper agreement was done. Just recently the vendor said he does not feel like selling the land again.I ask him why and he gave no tangible reason.I have spent over 1.6M on that land and the man says he will only refund the 1.2M and i have to wait till he get the money because he does not have the money now( which i interpret as i have to wait forever to get my money back). I really feel cheated and scammed. please at this point what can i do and what are the possible outcome of a case like this. I will really appreciate your candid advice because i am really depressed now. thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by purplekayc(m): 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2010
where can one get the cheapest land in lekki/vi area ??/ good ones though?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Holatunjiii(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2010
Tell me why you should buy a property that is not well investigated, and is a not a genuine one. Don't you think you need to investigate all properties well before paying? Please, don't be decieved by anyone. Try ask from those that resides in the area, visit the owner, try understand why the owner wants to sell and the conditions or reasons behind it. Meet with the family involved and after that, know the problems attached to it. If no wahala, let the lawyer be involved. Call Olatunji Oluwaseun for more: 08062552955
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by COMPAQ(m): 11:31am On Nov 29, 2010
This might sound silly, but is there any title document called "Registered Stamp Duty"? Someone says that this is the title he has.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2010
COMPAQ:

This might sound silly, but is there any title document called "Registered Stamp Duty"? Someone says that this is the title he has.

A document that is stamped dutied is a very good legal document in court based on the provisions of the evidence act which requires all land documents or deeds to be stamp dutied for it to be legally binding and a document of record in the courts.

Having the C/O or Governors consent is another issue entirely!

Cheers
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by CORE(m): 9:06am On Dec 02, 2010
Tnks bros, dis is very useful.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by bosun2010: 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2010
I came here newly and I think  this board is the right place for me to announce that we have a property for sale.
My uncle who is a retired naval officer has two trucks (tippers) one is twelve tires and the other is ten tires.The twelve tires is volvo while the ten tires is man diesel.Currently he wants to sell the two due to disappointments from drivers.But it only the ten tires man diesel that is in a very good condition now.

Please send text message to 08186336627 if you are interested.The flat price of the ten tires man diesel is 1.5million naira and my own commission is 100,000 naira making it 1.6million naira.No addition and no subtraction.He is my uncle and there is nothing shady.The two tippers are in the tipper garrage after galadima in abuja.Buyers are free and encouraged to make necessary investigation.But only serious buyers should call me.Thanks.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ralph007(m): 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2010
i admire then good work you people are doing in this forum
may God contineau to bless you.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2010
OGA LAW. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP GOD WILL BLESS YOU.

I WAS TAKEN BY SOME ONE WHO WORKS IN LAGOS STATE LANDS AND HOUSING ALAUSA TO SEE SOME LAND IN IGBOGBO AREA OF IKORODU. HOWEVER THEY TOLD ME ONE OF THE LAND IS AN OMO ONILE LAND WHILE THE OTHER IS OWNED BY AN INDIVIDUAL. BOTH LANDS GO FOR 2.5M. ALSO THE AGENTS SAY THEY WILL TAKE 5% AS COMMISION.

SO IF I GET YOU RIGHT I SHOULD DO THE FOLLOWING;

1.SEE THE ACCLAIMED ORIGINAL OWNER
2. ASK FOR THE SURVEY PLAN OR ANY OTHER TITLE DOCUMENT
3. DO MY OWN SEARCH USING A GOVERNMENT SURVEYOR
4. MAME PAYMENT?

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE PAYMENT?IF I GET A 10:10 CLEARANCE?

JUST GIVE ME A QUICK REFERSHER COURSE PLEASE. I AM SUFFERING FROM INFORMATION OVERLAOD IN THIS YOUR THREAD. grin YOU HAVE SO MUCH INFO THAT I WANT TO CRAM THEM ALL AT ONCE IN MY BRAIN.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2010
@dabriggs

Call me on 08077943514 for more info!
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 07, 2010
Thank you.

I shall call you.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by gadgetdeal(m): 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2010
@lawyer

You are doing a wonderful job here, may I pleas know what your take on gloria garden city is, the link to the post is https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552863.0.html
Thank you so much, I am really interested in buying a plot. Thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by FlakieA: 11:44am On Dec 20, 2010
It is true that you need to perfect your land.
Contact us at Pinnacle Konsult to do everything necessary to put your land in order.Ranging from agreement,C-of-O and the likes. Also get professional Project Managers to manage your building project for you.
Call - 07029077372 or
Mail-  pinnaclekonsult@gmail.com
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by brhoom(m): 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2010
Hello I'm a Nigerian but I live in Saudi Arabia I want to buy a small apartment two installments, the system let bricks and Hua price crisis and the papers required Please reply Thank you very much

Note: - I do not speak English, but CC: speech and speak Arabic fluently and thank you very much
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2010
Thank you fopr your kind response when I called earlier today.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by henchmark: 5:44am On Dec 26, 2010
brhoom:

Hello I'm a Nigerian but I live in Saudi Arabia I want to buy a small apartment two installments, the system let bricks and Hua price crisis and the papers required Please reply Thank you very much

Note: - I do not speak English, but CC: speech and speak Arabic fluently and thank you very much
sorry friend , if you dont speak english, iguess you shouldnt be here.  cheers!!!!!
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ajileko: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2010
@Flakie A
Pinnacle Konsult
Please provide some reference of some of your satisfied customers. I need some help perfecting my land docs.

Thanks.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by ajileko: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2010
@Flakie A
Pinnacle Konsult
Please provide some reference of some of your satisfied customers. I need some help perfecting my land docs.

Thanks

Oga, wetin happen. Abi you don runaway.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Holatunjiii(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2011
Don't buy any land that you are not sure of. Please be sure of what you are about buying. Don't buy any property are not very sure of
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by bayleaf(m): 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2011
Hello Lawyer, thanks for taking time out from your very busy schedule, to educate us on the intricacies of owning a property. I wanted to buy a land close to omole, and when i demanded for the papers in order to conduct a search, i was told i have to pay 200,000 to get the survey papers and some orther documents. Is this normal or should i just ignore them?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by bayleaf(m): 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2011
Hello Lawyer, thanks for taking time out from your very busy schedule, to educate us on the intricacies of owning a property. I wanted to buy a land close to omole, and when i demanded for the papers in order to conduct a search, i was told i have to pay 200,000 to get the survey papers and some orther documents. Is this normal or should i just ignore them?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 1:21pm On Jan 11, 2011
@bayleaf

Any Agent or seller that is asking you for a dime to produce landed documents for you to go and search to confirm its authencity is a thief and crook and has something to hide. Landed documents despite its private nature end up becoming public documents for search. E.g a survey plan is a public document registered and lodged in the office of the surveyor General, a deed of assignment ought to be lodged and registered at the Land registry for search and confirmation, a Certificate of occupancy is a document of public record, same thing with a gazette lodged in the cabinet office.

So what are they charging you for again. The only people that can charge you for anything is the lawyer doing the search for you on your behalf and the government that prescribes fees for search. Any other person or body is just trying to play on your intelligence and its best you watch out for them.

Cheers
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by bayleaf(m): 10:24am On Jan 12, 2011
Thanks a lot Lawyer, I am greatly relieved.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by princeonx: 3:03am On Jan 14, 2011
@ Lawyer:
what other number can you be reached at? I tried the 080-77943514 number but didn't get through. Thanks.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by plappville(f): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2011
Ouppps!! Deleted.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by plappville(f): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2011
Lawyer is not replying yet?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by born2boink(m): 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2011
Most land in Ogun state are being sold without survey and people build on it, what do you think can be done in such land

1 Like

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Actionleap: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2011
Lawyer, i need a plot of land with a small building, a flat or so in Ogba or Yaba or similar place not far from Ikeja. Can you contact me on 0703587525 or send a mail to me on lanregrace71@yahoo.com
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Actionleap: 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2011
Lawyer, many of our people do not think they need lawyer until they really need. Please let people rushing to Mowe and other estates in Ogun state to visit these "estates" before making any payment. Lawyer yo need to go there yourself. You will weep for Millions of Lagosian who are throwing their hard-earned money away. Most of the hyped estates are thick forests with no development. Some did not even have more than a signpost on the land. Just drive through Sagamu to Papalanto and back through Mowe junction to come out on the way to Abeokuta, you will be shocked at the state of these "estates". For these estates, i will say CAVEAT EMPTOR. Remove the log in your eyes before removing the speck in your neighbour's eyes. Stop laughing at the mistakes of people abroad and see our fooly here.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by chormy: 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2011
lawyer

I have been offered a plot at Badore (withing the gates of Silverpoint estate) , on the search the land is GA. a call to the chairman reveals the estate was gazetted but the school and a few plots at the front were not included for some reason.
Now is it possibel to release the plot by paying the goverment the xN per meter to gain a secure ownership.

I have sited the DOA and it tallies with the local family etc the lawyer is happy on that subject, a survey we had done revealed the problem.

Any advise on how to proceed, the plot is reasonable price if you included the 1500n/meter costs to the LSG as i suspect we would have to pay to release the land.

chormy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.