Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,524 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:10 PM

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year - Properties (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year (427475 Views)

LAND/PROPERTY VERIFICATION & Titles.....the Must Do For Every Property Buyer / Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) / From Lawyer: Before You Buy ANY Land ,Property And Mortgage Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Rubbiish(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
Treash:

Aw much. which side in Sango.
Sir do deed of assignment, deed of transfer & deed of conveyance means same thing? thanks
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
Rubbiish:

Sir do deed of assignment, deed of transfer & deed of conveyance means same thing? thanks

No sir. Every deed of Assignment is still deed of conveyance, but not all Deed of Conveyance is Deed of assignment. Every deed of transfer is a Deed of Conveyance as well, but every deed of Conveyance is a Deed of transfer. A deed of Conveyance can be for the temporary performance of an action on a land, which is not absolute transfer. A deed of transfer is not same as deed of Conveyance as well. We lawyers know how applicable they are in respective circumstances.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Rubbiish(m): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
Treash:

No sir. Every deed of Assignment is still deed of conveyance, but not all Deed of Conveyance is Deed of assignment. Every deed of transfer is a Deed of Conveyance as well, but every deed of Conveyance is a Deed of transfer. A deed of Conveyance can be for the temporary performance of an action on a land, which is not absolute transfer. A deed of transfer is not same as deed of Conveyance as well. We lawyers know how applicable they are in respective circumstances.
Thanks alot sir.
If i am correct, both deed of assignment & deed of transfer can serve same purpose?
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by tobey2ng(m): 1:16am On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=tobey2ng post=69581162]Half plot of Land is available at Agbara, Opic axis and proximate to Crawford University and Dangote Cement. # price #500k.....chat up if interested....... 07037362886
Still available

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
Rubbiish:

Thanks alot sir.
If i am correct, both deed of assignment & deed of transfer can serve same purpose?

No sir.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by lawyer(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
Treash:

This information is very wrong. A deed of conveyance and deed of assignment mean the same thing. They both convey title to a purchaser. There is no difference between the names. The difference is just nomenclature when titling the name of each document and the particular purpose the documents are being drafted for.

Secondly a deed of conveyance is not given to a purchaser for a temporary performance of an action on a land. Once you convey, assign or transfer a property to another, it is permanent and comes either in the form of freehold or fee simple. Any document that provides for a temporary performance of an action in land cannot be a deed of assignment, transfer or conveyance. Rather it would come in the form of a deed of sublease, lease or rent.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Treash(m): 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
lawyer:

This information is very wrong. A deed of conveyance and deed of assignment mean the same thing. They both convey title to a purchaser. There is no difference between the names. The difference is just nomenclature when titling the name of each document and the particular purpose the documents are being drafted for.

Secondly a deed of conveyance is not given to a purchaser for a temporary performance of an action on a land. Once you convey, assign or transfer a property to another, it is permanent and comes either in the form of freehold or fee simple. Any document that provides for a temporary performance of an action in land cannot be a deed of assignment, transfer or conveyance. Rather it would come in the form of a deed of sublease, lease or rent.

Well we r most guided, learned senior. However, in situations where there is transfer of land as gift or family partition, I humbly believe Deed of transfer applies. To my mind, I consider discrepancies in between the duo.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Dennis3D(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
@Lawyer.

Pls do you in any way have a contact of someone in Agege Local Government. I need to obtain a building permit/approval for a proposed residential development in Oko Oba

Pls anyone also with a reliable contact should feel free to connect with me.

Thanks in anticipation

Best Regards
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Dennis3D(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
@Lawyer.

Pls do you in any way have a contact of someone in Agege Local Government. I need to obtain a building permit/approval for a proposed residential development in Oko Oba

Pls anyone also with a reliable contact should feel free to connect with me.

Thanks in anticipation...

Best Regards
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Rubbiish(m): 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
lawyer:

Thank u sir
Can we say deed of assignment, transfer & conveyance means same thing & can serve same purpose? I am asking because a land intend buying, the lawyer wrote deed of conveyance in place of deed of assignment. he told me they meant samething, but it made me pause, as what i have been seeing before is deed of assignment. Thanks.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Dejie4live: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
Good day House ,
Do anyone have an idea of how much a plot of land cost at Ishefun Area of Ayobo.
Thanks.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Dejie4live: 2:49am On Aug 02, 2018
Thank you for the information.

Would you like to quote the price here as someone else might be interested too. Or have a constructive input as well.
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by dokkyelele(f): 9:22am On Aug 04, 2018
Do this
Re: Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year by Vanity007(m): 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dejie4live:
Good day House ,
Do anyone have an idea of how much a plot of land cost at Ishefun Area of Ayobo.
Thanks.

3Million but you can still get for less depending on the need of the seller. Am Barr Ayoola Balogun from Lagos State Ministry of Justice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (124) (Reply)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.