Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,971 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:36 AM

Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie (2482 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 01, 2017
If you are a christian and you can't speak in tongue, you will always feel inferior because others will claim you don't holy spirit. Sometimes back i was in this same situation and my spiritual teacher will always pressure me to pray for the baptismal of holy spirit. Walahi, i fasted and prayed until he told me something. He said:

"Many have been baptised with holy spirit but they can't speak in the tongue because they refuse to take the step to speak in tongue."

I read something similar in kenneth hagin's book. They expected me to start speaking rubbish and let the holy spirit direct my tongue. Months later i was in a christian camp, then this pastor asked those that are yet to be baptised with the holy spirit to come out. He prayed and asked us to speaking anything(rubbish), i started speaking and i couldn't stop. When i got tired no one told me before i stopped. I later discovered that i have been fooled. Things i discovered are:

1. Holy spirit does not move anyones mouth to speak in tongue...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 01, 2017
2. Those who speak in tongues formulate whatever they are saying and not holy spirit.

3. Those who claim they can't stop is a psychological state where they believe the holy spirit is in control and they can't control it.

4. The speaking in tongues described in bible is different from what christians practice.

Speaking in tongues is foolishness, mashekatayarabababashakebootymammafu.ckakakahahababababarobobobobo grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by okenwa(m): 8:18pm On May 01, 2017
I concour.

False doctrines is everywhere.

The Bible is clear in this regard. The disciples spoke in languages that everyone around heard and understood them.

All the barra aaaaammmmm hhhhuuuuiu nnnnnnneeee are futile. Otherwise PRAYERS would have been answered.

God is not comfortable with the praying pattern of 99% of present day mankind

4 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by joe4real12: 8:22pm On May 01, 2017
The real christians don't speak in tongues, fake ones claim to do so.
Speaking in tongues was done by christians in the 1st Century, speaking languages of foreigners who could understand them. - Read Acts chapter 2.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by ellagabs(f): 8:24pm On May 01, 2017
u av said it al...

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 01, 2017
okenwa:
I concour.

False doctrines is everywhere.

The Bible is clear in this regard. The disciples spoke in languages that everyone around heard and understood them.

All the barra aaaaammmmm hhhhuuuuiu nnnnnnneeee are futile. Otherwise PRAYERS would have been answered.

God is not comfortable with the praying pattern of 99% of present day mankind
Speaking in tongues enabled the early christians to preached in language they did not learnt. I laugh when i remember those days.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 01, 2017
joe4real12:
The real christians don't speak in tongues, fake ones claim to do so.
Speaking in tongues was done by christians in the 1st Century, speaking languages of foreigners who could understand them. - Read Acts chapter 2.
Tell that to pentecostal christians and they will crucify you.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by sonofthunder: 8:39pm On May 01, 2017
Get behind me Satan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 01, 2017
It's really unfortunate
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 01, 2017
sonofthunder:
Get behind me Satan.
grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by joe4real12: 8:55pm On May 01, 2017
Teensway:
Let them keep deceiving themselves.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 01, 2017
Teensway:
If you are a christian and you can't speak in tongue, you will always feel inferior because others will claim you don't holy spirit. Sometimes back i was in this same situation and my spiritual teacher will always pressure me to pray for the baptismal of holy spirit. Walahi, i fasted and prayed until he told me something. He said:

"Many have been baptised with holy spirit but they can't speak in the tongue because they refuse to take the step to speak in tongue."

I read something similar in kenneth hagin's book. They expected me to start speaking rubbish and let the holy spirit direct my tongue. Months later i was in a christian camp, then this pastor asked those that are yet to be baptised with the holy spirit to come out. He prayed and asked us to speaking anything(rubbish), i started speaking and i couldn't stop. When i got tired no one told me before i stopped. I later discovered that i have been fooled. Things i discovered are:

I disagree with you. That you were forced to speak in tongues doesn't mean other didn't get their naturally. You were not open to the Holy Spirit to speak it. Secondly speaking tongues comes when you are baptised with the Holy Spirit
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 01, 2017
Teensway:
2. Those who speak in tongues formulate whatever they are saying and not holy spirit.

3. Those who claim they can't stop is a psychological state where they believe the holy spirit is in control and they can't control it.

4. The speaking in tongues described in bible is different from what christians practice.

Speaking in tongues is foolishness, mashekatayarabababashakebootymammafu.ckakakahahababababarobobobobo grin
Your assertion is wrong. Speaking in tongues is something natural not psychology. When you speak in tongues you communicate with Yahweh as there are some things that can't be said via English or local language but in heavily language. Secondly you must be baptised by the Holy Spirit himself to differentiate you from demons because they speak in tongues too. Thirdly speaking in tongues goes beyond shakabaaaaa kokokokomatata. You can speak in strange language unknown to you such that someone else might understand it if his dialect is being spoken. Yes I agree that there are fake tongues too but it takes an anoited or zpirit filled person to decode

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 01, 2017
If those in other part of the world make incantation to invoke demons, I wonder why a Christian shouldn't. I pity gullible Christians that would fall for this small trap set by Lucifer agent
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by malvisguy212: 11:52pm On May 01, 2017
Teensway:
grin
are you a christian ?
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 7:21am On May 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Your assertion is wrong. Speaking in tongues is something natural not psychology. When you speak in tongues you communicate with Yahweh as there are some things that can't be said via English or local language but in heavily language. Secondly you must be baptised by the Holy Spirit himself to differentiate you from demons because they speak in tongues too. Thirdly speaking in tongues goes beyond shakabaaaaa kokokokomatata. You can speak in strange language unknown to you such that someone else might understand it if his dialect is being spoken. Yes I agree that there are fake tongues too but it takes an anoited or zpirit filled person to decode
Excuse

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 7:22am On May 02, 2017
Teensway:
Excuse
That's the reality
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:58am On May 02, 2017
Sincerity and Christianity seems to be opposites when being sincere.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by davonny: 8:48pm On May 02, 2017
all that op said was based on his experience. that is not the experience of many Christians. if you don't have something, that doesn't mean others don't have it.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by geoworldedu: 2:34pm On May 03, 2017
Teensway:

Santoroboyakabarabawakamaemekakunlelelele cheesy
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by tintim469(m): 3:24pm On May 03, 2017
asuustrike2009:

bless you
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by PROPHETmichael: 3:28pm On May 03, 2017
Teensway:

Jesus didn't mince his words in Mark 16:17: when he said, "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues." Jesus declared that tongues is a supernatural sign that can and should accompany everyone who believes in Him. God does not give His children any bad gifts, so we shouldn't fear or ridicule the gift of tongues.

So number one, if you claim speaking in tongues is rubbish etc it simply tells me that you don't believe in Jesus or maybe you do believe in him but satan deceived you from receiving one of the benefits of believing in Christ.

2) After a careful study in 2006 about people who speaks in tongues and the research was published in New York Times, scientist have confirmed that speaking in tongues isn't a fabricated language.

3) So my brother, bashing speaking in tongues won't make you more spiritual, it will make you more stupid. Stop trying to wait for an invisible hand to open your mouth and twist your tongue, instead always remember that it is written, "I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."Psalm 81:10. Also, stop trying to comprehend what you are saying because you won't....just speak and let your mind focus on God.

Prophet Michael (JP)
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 04, 2017
PROPHETmichael:

The tongue Jesus spoke of is different from the rubbish you are speaking.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by GoodMuyis(m): 2:58pm On May 04, 2017
Teensway:
The tongue Jesus spoke of is different from the rubbish you are speaking.

I believed their are lots of fake but how do you explain 1Cor 14:14
14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

check out this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2927623/speaking-praying-tongues-please-share
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 04, 2017
GoodMuyis:

I believed their are lots of fake but how do you explain 1Cor 14:14
14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

check out this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2927623/speaking-praying-tongues-please-share
Paul invented that one. Original christianity was different from paul's own. Even Peter warned christians to be careful about Paul's teachings.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Wilgrea7(m): 5:03pm On May 04, 2017
Teensway:
Paul invented that one. Original christianity was different from paul's own. Even Peter warned christians to be careful about Paul's teachings.

the Christianity of today is a hell lot different from what Jesus ever intended.. many don't know this

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 04, 2017
Wilgrea7:

the Christianity of today is a hell lot different from what Jesus ever intended.. many don't know this
Don't mind them.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by GoodMuyis(m): 10:11pm On May 04, 2017
Teensway:

Can you support You claim with evidence(s) that Paul invented that one how and for what purpose.

Will You agreed with me that Speaking in Tongues and Praying in Tongues are two Different terms? But am more interested in you answering the 1st question you can ignore the last if it confuses you.

MuttleyLaff you will be more interested in this Topic
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 5:07am On May 05, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Can you support You claim with evidence(s) that Paul invented that one how and for what purpose.

Will You agreed with me that Speaking in Tongues and Praying in Tongues are two Different terms? But am more interested in you answering the 1st question you can ignore the last if it confuses you.

MuttleyLaff you will be more interested in this Topic
The christianity Paul met was a way of life not religion. Those christians still practiced Judaism but their way of life was like christ. Was christ a christian or Judist? But when Paul came, he changed christianity to a religion and even said to Circumcise children wasn't necessary. My point is Jesus never asked anyone to leave their religions the way Paul did but you can be a muslim, jew, buddhist, hindu and still be a christian. Christianity is to practice love and love alone.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Certitude(m): 9:50am On May 05, 2017
Teensway:
Also tell that to Catholic charismatic group.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Certitude(m): 9:55am On May 05, 2017
Teensway:
Paul was Roman and held their values. No wonder the church forcefully imposed his letters on us. Are we corinthians or phillipians that we should read letters meant for them. Paul should write to us Nigerians then I'll take him serious.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: Another Lie by Nobody: 10:32am On May 05, 2017
Certitude:

Paul was Roman and held their values. No wonder the church forcefully imposed his letters on us. Are we corinthians or phillipians that we should read letters meant for them. Paul should write to us Nigerians then I'll take him serious.
Abi? wetin concern 9ja with corinth?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Removes Church Members Panties And Shave Them During Church Service / Will Last Minute Sin Take One To Hell? / Athiest: Intelligent Consciousness Vs Inanimate Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.