Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria (45628 Views)

Adama Beverages Workers Deny Report Of Mass Sack, Molestation Of Workers / Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) / First Bank Staff In Port Harcourt Reacts To Mass Sack Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by holuwhagbenga(m): 11:06pm On May 01, 2017
I Started My career as a customer care agent with Etisalat (contract staff) four(4) years ago(April19-2013), with good attitude to work and no issue.Surprisingly few days ago My Appointment Got Terminated with other colleagues mine on the same date I was employed(April-19-2017-Exactly 4years) without any reason.. This is totally unacceptable..
(April-19/2013 to April-19/2017)

The Saddest Part of My story is that I got the termination letter few weeks to My Wedding Day......

So confused and I don't know what to do...
#WhatACountry
#Recession
#ProblemSharedProblemSolved
#EtisalatNigeriaMassSacking

You can Share...

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by smartty68(m): 11:09pm On May 01, 2017
Hmmm! MTN sacked about 280 staffs some hours ago and now Etisalat just joined the sacking-trend cry

Sorry Bro

Recession is affecting everything - what's really bad about this is that the sack wasn't officially announced - an impromptu

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by dingbang(m): 11:11pm On May 01, 2017
Sorry. Such is life

10 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by adekanmbi1986(m): 1:51am On May 02, 2017
God will take control.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by demiawise(m): 5:26am On May 02, 2017
IT IS WELL, IT A STEPPING STONE FOR YOU, IN GOD YOUR HOPE, NO REASON AM BRO, YOUR WEDDING WILL ALSO BE A SUCCESS

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Network555: 5:57am On May 02, 2017
Eeya, sorry. Such is life. I can relate. Take it like a new door is about to open for you. Atleast you have acquired 4 years experience. That's a plus for you. Don't dwell much on the issue, focus on way forward for you. Work on your cv and start applying. You would get another job before you know it.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by lereinter(m): 6:08am On May 02, 2017
every finish line is a begining of another race lil wayne

also
every job is a part time....

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by dhardline(m): 6:35am On May 02, 2017
The Lord is your strength. Hope you saved something and though It might be a trying time for you it will really show you if your wife to be loves you for you. Keep throwing it applications and never give up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Nobody: 6:58am On May 02, 2017
Why will u work that long as a contract staff...four year is no joke you worked for a very long time i feel yur pain afta all the devotion uve been ditched off life its sef is a teacher though bt u can apply for a job else where u have quality experience ...gettn anoda job within same field i feel wont be a problem for u. God help u!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by sunbilor(m): 7:06am On May 02, 2017
smartty68:
Hmmm! MTN sacked about 280 staffs some hours ago and now Etisalat just joined the sacking-trend cry

Sorry Bro
I know 2 people affected by the sack. This recession is biting harder.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by calabaman(m): 7:18am On May 02, 2017
So sad.

You guys (you and your fiancee) should try and move on.

A better job in view for you In Jesus Name.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 7:31am On May 02, 2017
I can relate; the experience wasn't a funny one at all...
Thank God I've moved past that stage!!
God is your help bro..!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by wristbangle: 7:35am On May 02, 2017
So sorry about your predicament bro. Most companies are trying to short staff their employees in order to break even in their business.

Etisalat is not really doing well in telecom industry due to their operational cost. MTN and GLO seems to be the only coping yet they are still downsizing the no of their employees.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by 4dor: 8:42am On May 02, 2017
holuwhagbenga:
I Started My career as a customer care agent with Etisalat (contract staff) four(4) years ago(April19-2013), with good attitude to work and no issue.Surprisingly few days ago My Appointment Got Terminated with other colleagues mine on the same date I was employed(April-19-2017-Exactly 4years) without any reason.. This is totally unacceptable..
(April-19/2013 to April-19/2017)

The Saddest Part of My story is that I got the termination letter few weeks to My Wedding Day......

So confused and I don't know what to do...
#WhatACountry
#Recession
#ProblemSharedProblemSolved
#EtisalatNigeriaMassSacking

You can Share...

I'm really sorry for this Gbenga, but you will agree with me that recession has little or nothing to do with this. You and I know Etisalat and other Telecoms companies have been doing this type of nonsense even before recession.

I really hope you acquired a skill outside customer service during this period and if it's possible postpone your wedding till you're back on your feet again but if are sure you can cope then it's ok.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by tosbobby(m): 8:49am On May 02, 2017
It has happen.
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by tosbobby(m): 8:50am On May 02, 2017
It has happen.
You may need to also thank God that it came up before you wedding and not until you've loaf all your money on wedding expenses.

You need to readjust your wedding expenses plan prior the time you get another job. Do not spend extravagantly.
Be on a look out.
You will get another job.
Yes God can!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by bootylady101(f): 11:12am On May 02, 2017
I feel your pain tho but

when you got the job, we no hear and when you were flexing ,with knowledge of internal vacancies we no hear, now sack don come you create thread, what will you ve us do now,

bashing is welcome o

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by 4dor: 11:54am On May 02, 2017
sunbilor:
I know 2 people affected by the sack. This recession is biting harder.

It's not recession rather it's a disruption, instant messaging apps with call and video options are gradually burying the telecoms industry. Why do you think MTN is pivoting?

Ralphlauren:

I disagree.

These messaging aps are used in other countries yet their telecoms sector is still very vibrant.

The problem is that these companies are not innovative. They can also expand and introduce other products such as sim only deals inclusive of minutes and data, etc.

In the UK, we have SKY. A company listed on the stock exchange. They started with providing satellite TV services before expanding into landline and broadband. Just recently, they've introduced mobile phone services offering deals for mobile phone customers.

You know the funny thing about this post my brother? You said you disagree but went ahead to same the same thing as me. Remember my post you quoted said "Why do you think MTN is pivoting"? The emboldened is what we call pivoting in tech so you actually agree with me you just explained it better in layman's terms.

22 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 02, 2017
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cry cry cry
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 1:58pm On May 02, 2017
sad
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Mopolchi: 3:14pm On May 02, 2017
Wicked etisalat!
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Dandsome: 3:14pm On May 02, 2017
Chai, so sad.

Same way they just increased tarrif from 11kps to 15kps without informing us. That's cheating

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by IMASTEX: 3:14pm On May 02, 2017
Hmm. . .May God help them find a better job.

Btw, why wait until your employer force you into joblessness. Why not start a business that demands minimum time/capital and zero stress. Be a snail farmer. Check profile for details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by thegreengooner(m): 3:14pm On May 02, 2017
I am sorry but I don't think I see any employment letter from Etisalat...legally Etisalat did not sack you.

I pray you get a new and better job soon.

God bless

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Pebcak: 3:15pm On May 02, 2017
Sad wish you the best bro
Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by labakeJ(f): 3:15pm On May 02, 2017
So sorry dear but pls postpone that wedding till u r balanced so u won't enter marriage frustrated. I guess ur wife to be is understanding
You might as well get a new job before then who knows.
So sorry again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Solomon38: 3:15pm On May 02, 2017
No good news in this country again

2 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by yazzman(m): 3:15pm On May 02, 2017
Pls just calm down, God want to surprise you in a big way.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 02, 2017
From credible sources, from the way things are, Etisalat will fold up before the end of 2017

7 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Ralphlauren(m): 3:15pm On May 02, 2017
4dor:

It's not recession rather it's a disruption, instant messaging apps with call and video options is gradually burying the telecoms industry. Why do you think MTN is pivoting?

I disagree.

These messaging aps are used in other countries yet their telecoms sector is still very vibrant.

The problem is that these companies are not innovative. They can also expand and introduce other products such as sim only deals inclusive of minutes and data, etc.

In the UK, we have SKY. A company listed on the stock exchange. They started with providing satellite TV services before expanding into landline and broadband. Just recently, they've introduced mobile phone services offering deals for mobile phone customers.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by Category1: 3:15pm On May 02, 2017
Go and cry in aso rock and not on nairaland

Blammeeeeeeee buhariiiiiiii!

U can as well terminate ur wedding too, tell ur wife say u no do again

3 Likes

Re: Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria by mamatayour(f): 3:15pm On May 02, 2017
It is well

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM / Man Collapsed After His Salary Was Slashed From N18,000 To N5,000 In Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.