Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 PM

Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play (12771 Views)

NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators / Right Of Reply To Pendulum Open Letter To The Vp By Laolu Akande / Saraki And Senators Stormed Hospital To See Dino Melaye (Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by tinkinjow: 10:20am On May 02, 2017
How convenient. Isn't it interesting that the same vp was seen seriously running errands for Tinubu to the point of representing him at a certain function.
All these claims are aimed at making Tinubu irrelevant. I blame him cos he thought Nigerian politics is like Lagos.
At the end of the day the narratives of many will most likely swarm that of one...and Osinbajo may maintain a silence so as to appear his personal efforts and achievements got him the position.
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by tutusky: 10:35am On May 02, 2017
...this is a fat lie..everybody trying to re- write history even with all the players still alive. mesef go soon write my own book
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by AmbodOfLASU: 10:49am On May 02, 2017
davodyguy:

I agree with you, that this book is full of lies.

Even the American Knows that it was BOLA AHMED TINUBU that nominated Osinbajo.

I can recall Buhari saying he's giving Bola Tinubu the honour to nominate the VP for the support he garnered from Tinubu during the primaries, that ensured his emergence as the Flag bearer of the APC

Inside the same book, Bola Tinubu said when he could not present himself as VP, he then thought of Osinbajo. He called Osinbajo and Osinbajo told him to speak with Pastor Adeboye first. This was captured in the same book.

Now the book still said it wasn't Tinubu that nominated him?

Adeniyi must be high on something not to be mentioned

This news report is not from the book. It's a separate revelation. Read it from the link.
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by davodyguy: 12:28pm On May 02, 2017
You response depicts cowardly act. I was expecting a thorough response and answers to questions, which you obviously can't provide.

I wouldn't allow this discourse degenerate into an uncivil one

VULCAN:
Its likely you were still in primary school or at most secondary school when MKO died.

I wouldn't allow this discourse degenerate into an uncivil one.

I was part of the June 12, 1993 presidential election. I was in Ibadan. I can also remember how Simbiat Abiola had died in 1992. That gives you an idea. You're probably younger than I am in age.

VULCAN:

He had already been taken out of his jail cell and US and British diplomats were persuading him to drop his mandate and he refused for the last time.
This I know you have no idea of what you're saying. Why was Abiola released in 1998?

VULCAN:

If not that he drank poisoned tea he may have still been alive.
He drank the tea knowing fully well that the tea was poisoned right? Hypocrisy of Igbo. That's why you people can never rule a united Nigeria again. Your last attempt was ceremonial.

VULCAN:

Comparing that with Kanu getting out on bail is like comparing apples and oranges.
Another wrong notion. He was told to forget June 12 and be released, MKO declined. Kanu too should have done same, if he was'nt a fraud. Many people persuaded him like 'they' did with KANU

VULCAN:

We are supposed to be in a democracy now and Kanu has a right to bail. A right guaranteed by our constitution. MKO was held by a military regime.
See another hypocrisy of Igbo man. Didnt Kanu claim he was ready to die till he sees biafra? That's the difference between himself and MKO. MKO refused to come out. Kanu came out to eat rice, leaving his people behind. That's promise and fail

VULCAN:

There is a difference if you don't know.
Yes I agree. One was a coward, the other was brave and died in bravery.

VULCAN:

Also its embarrassing that you claim that Awolowo defeated Biafra with intellectualism.
You're embarrassing logic. How would you describe fighting a war without firing a gun by Obafemi Awolowo?

VULCAN:

Your ignorance may be contagious so let me release a vaccine for others.
Yours is. You can see how I've decimated your post above. Keep the vaccine for Kanu, he just came out from a 'dreadful' prison

VULCAN:

Awolowo advised the Fed Govt to starve millions of fellow Nigerians once it became clear that the military option was dragging with no end in sight.

He was right as that caused Biafra to surrender but I don't call that intellectualism.

I call it barbarism.

It was against all international laws guiding warfare.

It was a very dishonourable thing to do. The Fed govt would have won the war eventually but to starve women and children to death to speed that up is barbaric and if it happened today he would have gone down for War Crimes along with Gowon
So how would you describe Ojuiku who led his people to war, having fully known that it was an effort in futility? You don't think he ought to have been charged too?

VULCAN:

Nairaland is filled with people who lived through our historic events while some of you were told by your elders who did not give you the full picture.

Any event that happened before my time I study different accounts before I discuss instead of just giving beer parlour jist

My late Pop man was a senator under the platform of UPN and I can recall Pa Awolowo visiting him once. That should give you an idea of the generation I belong to
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by davodyguy: 12:30pm On May 02, 2017
omobabaonibaba:

pls bro you're well knowledgeable than engaging with those idiotic

there argument is rather retrogressive or outdated. directionlessness millipede they're

Thanks man.
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by bejeria101(m): 12:30pm On May 02, 2017
Waste your money to read dis crap. The man dön smile to the bank lol
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 02, 2017
davodyguy:

I can recall Buhari saying he's giving Bola Tinubu the honour to nominate the VP for the support he garnered from Tinubu during the primaries, that ensured his emergence as the Flag bearer of the APC

Inside the same book, Bola Tinubu said when he could not present himself as VP, he then thought of Osinbajo. He called Osinbajo and Osinbajo told him to speak with Pastor Adeboye first. This was captured in the same book.

But when Jonathan said his views were distorted in the book, you argued it
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by domido(m): 4:08pm On May 02, 2017
Smellymouth:

NFCS cares.
Haha!! You made me remember a class we bad back then in school. Prof. Nwadiani was teaching and he said who cares. Immediately Nfcs members responded NFC's cares. We just laugh that day.
Thank you for the memory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by sshalom(m): 6:35pm On May 02, 2017
It doesn't matter who nominated the VP and how he came to be. What matters is that he is the VP of Nigeria and with what we saw when his Principal wasn't in town; he is a very good and loyal deputy!
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by 1wolex85: 6:49pm On May 02, 2017
davodyguy:

You don't understand the book. It is a compendium of the interviews of the various actors. Adeniyi only did the interviews and compiled them.
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by davodyguy: 7:42pm On May 02, 2017
1wolex85:

You don't understand the book. It is a compendium of the interviews of the various actors. Adeniyi only did the interviews and compiled them.
I understood. Some of the people that contributed lied. That's why the book is filled with lies, told by pathetic Nigerians
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by 1wolex85: 4:37am On May 03, 2017
davodyguy:

I understood. Some of the people that contributed lied. That's why the book is filled with lies, told by pathetic Nigerians
So why then are you blaming Adeniyi? He put it out there for people to make their conclusions.
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by Blessedgurl(f): 3:51pm On May 03, 2017
domido:

Haha!! You made me remember a class we bad back then in school. Prof. Nwadiani was teaching and he said who cares. Immediately Nfcs members responded NFC's cares. We just laugh that day.
Thank you for the memory.

Unibenite
Re: Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play by domido(m): 7:44am On May 04, 2017
Blessedgurl:

Unibenite
Yes!! Hhmmm!! Is this someone I know?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Upholds Ganduje Apc Exco / NNPC Diverted $49.8B Meant For The Nigerian Treasury Between 2012-13 - Sanusi / NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.