Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions (44807 Views)

Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / 8 Safety Tips To Help You Around Filling Stations / Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by nurumadas: 8:14am On May 04, 2017
smile to your bank account... we hit them where it hurts call or whatsapp via 08124802972 Real fixed 100% sure

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by willibounce1(m): 8:14am On May 04, 2017
muystoy:
U dont knw what u are talking about,im into this biz and as an insider,i tell u most of what u listed are baseless,by the grace of God i am a filling station owner,i have been in business for more than 10yrs,it is practically impossible to do most of what u listed,most of the attendants we employ are naive,they know next to nothing about the pumps mechanism,all they know is to programme and dispense,except in some very rare cases that some unscrupulous pump maintenance guys knowingly or unknowingly teach them stuff,moreover there's a lot of competition in the biz now as there are too many filling stations around,im always on the lookout to make sure i dont loose the few people that are magnanimous enough to patronise me to my competitors,like a i said most of tthese attendants dont know about how the pump works,it is only during scarcity that they make money,most people that come to us for jobs think there is money in it,it is when they come that reality sets in,thats why most of them spend an average of 2 to 3 months and quit when they realise its not all that rosy,by the way its not our fault that we dont pay much,the economy is not friendly to us too,for the past 3months or thereabout now we buy pms for between N143.5 to N144.5 or even N145 naira at times and we cannot sell for more than N145,there are so many bills to pay,staff salary,pump maintenace,gen maintenace,tax and so on,abeg the thing tire me jor

Oga you have said it yourself. Some unscrupulous maintenance guys teach some of the attendants how to manipulate the system. So the OP is very correct. And I noticed a lot of people agree that the mobil filling station opposite their ExxonMobil headquarters are cheats and they can pretend for Africa.

3 Likes

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Kaybaba5(m): 8:16am On May 04, 2017
Nice one op

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by youngest85(m): 8:20am On May 04, 2017
muystoy:
U dont knw what u are talking about,im into this biz and as an insider,i tell u most of what u listed are baseless,by the grace of God i am a filling station owner,i have been in business for more than 10yrs,it is practically impossible to do most of what u listed,most of the attendants we employ are naive,they know next to nothing about the pumps mechanism,all they know is to programme and dispense,except in some very rare cases that some unscrupulous pump maintenance guys knowingly or unknowingly teach them stuff,moreover there's a lot of competition in the biz now as there are too many filling stations around,im always on the lookout to make sure i dont loose the few people that are magnanimous enough to patronise me to my competitors,like a i said most of tthese attendants dont know about how the pump works,it is only during scarcity that they make money,most people that come to us for jobs think there is money in it,it is when they come that reality sets in,thats why most of them spend an average of 2 to 3 months and quit when they realise its not all that rosy,by the way its not our fault that we dont pay much,the economy is not friendly to us too,for the past 3months or thereabout now we buy pms for between N143.5 to N144.5 or even N145 naira at times and we cannot sell for more than N145,there are so many bills to pay,staff salary,pump maintenace,gen maintenace,tax and so on,abeg the thing tire me jor

Ehya I feel like crying you
Sorry, oh?
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Nobody: 8:21am On May 04, 2017
Petro Attendant are thieves they rob the general public a lot and I am very very careful with them when I go to purchase fuel.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by enigma2007(m): 8:22am On May 04, 2017
initiate:

Agree with you. Particularly Maryland and gbagada. But the one on Awolowo seems ok. However Forte and Oando are still the most accurate

You missed the one between Obanikoro and Anthony.. That one is in another class...
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by enigma2007(m): 8:23am On May 04, 2017
I only buy from NNPC especially since the fuel hike!
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by iamkneeyi: 8:30am On May 04, 2017
Very educative

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by jlauren2006: 8:31am On May 04, 2017
What about the N20 / N50 they collected for Gallon whenever you buy fuel. Pls will still need to go against this. A situation whereby we buy fuel @ N145 per litre.

2 Likes

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Folumade1: 8:31am On May 04, 2017
In fact your assertions above are nothing but the truth o, But there is this BOVAG PETROLEUM FILLING STATION opposite federal Government College Ijanikin Ashiribo bus stop along Lagos Badagry Express way (They actually have two stations on that road) but the one OPPOSITE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COLLEGE IJANIKIN in particular has an Accurate metre infact i usually go there on Sundays on my way back from church to fill my tank and that's what i use throughout the week to and from work.
The owner i learnt is a young Medical Doctor their pump is consistently perfect, her staff turnover is high i once met her and she says she sacks them at little or slight show of non integrity, i usually refer people there infact 4.88LITRES from any of their pumps fill up my white 5Litres keg.
whenever you are in that area try that station and thank me later

3 Likes

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by tete7000(m): 8:32am On May 04, 2017
Watch out for the station popularly patronise by danfo drivers and use it. They seem to know a lot about cheating stations and avoid them.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by abbsilurd: 8:36am On May 04, 2017
Trick 1 is the style of NNPC after abattoir,b4 getting to Abule Egba ... They did it for me twice but I caught them ... After that time I buy from them well cos I know their style ...
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by jlauren2006: 8:37am On May 04, 2017
badbreathcure101:
I don't know why peo still buy in litres, even per litre is sold for 145 but when last did uou collect your change of #5??

What i just do is tell you i need #5000 fuel and i set my eyes on the metre..

That's why i never go into a fuel station with an empty tank, coz one idiot refused to sell in amount, saying i have to say how many litres i need instead of amount, my brother i just jejely drove off and that's it,....

That filling station at unity estate gate,idimu is worse than APC,

What about the N20 / N50 they collected for
Gallon whenever you buy fuel.

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by marshmonii: 8:37am On May 04, 2017
The only places i buy fuel in Abuja is A.A RANO, AZMAN, A.Y.M SHAFA, DANMARNA, I Doff my hat for this guys, they are on point but worst scammers ever are, OANDO, TOTAL, FORTE OIL and others... just carry gallon and buy fuel at OANDO then u guys will understand what am talking about.

1 Like

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by jlauren2006: 8:38am On May 04, 2017
initiate:

Agree with you. Particularly Maryland and gbagada. But the one on Awolowo seems ok. However Forte and Oando are still the most accurate

What about the N20 / N50 forte and Mobile collected for Gallon whenever you buy fuel.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by abbsilurd: 8:44am On May 04, 2017
muystoy:
trick 1 is very common @ NNPC abattoir ... I have been a victim twice ... Just try them and u will believe me... Especially d female attendants
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Flaghouse1: 8:49am On May 04, 2017
TRICK 5: The faulty meter

Some petrol pumps have rigged meters that start ticking even before petrol starts to flow from the hose. Have you ever gone to a filling station to buy fuel and it takes lesser time to fill your tank, compared to other places? This is as a result of the meters that have been tampered with, the attendant will make you believe the particular fuel dispenser is faster or slower than normal, depending on how the meters were manipulated.

Trick 5 may not be valid in most cases, there are some pumps that dispense faster as submersible pumps has being incorporated I he underground tanks, this you will find in high volume stations and newly constructed stations
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by snazzycute(m): 8:51am On May 04, 2017
Awesome, trick 1&2 is very much common in my location
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Nobody: 8:52am On May 04, 2017
[quote author=thesicilian post=56127253]Mobil attendants are the worst i've ever seen. They'll be greeting you Sir, Sir, Sir, but before you know it N4000 fuel has finished from here to there so true
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by darexkey(m): 8:58am On May 04, 2017
badbreathcure101:
I don't know why peo still buy in litres, even per litre is sold for 145 but when last did uou collect your change of #5??

What i just do is tell you i need #5000 fuel and i set my eyes on the metre..

That's why i never go into a fuel station with an empty tank, coz one idiot refused to sell in amount, saying i have to say how many litres i need instead of amount, my brother i just jejely drove off and that's it,....

That filling station at unity estate gate,idimu is worse than APC,
My bro, the more you look, the less you see. Na only God fit save us from their fraudulent acts
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by nkemdi89(f): 9:00am On May 04, 2017
From the attendants to the managers and the owners they are all into the acts of cheating customers,fuel nozzles varies and because of that you may be buying 15l for the amount of 18l. Was privileged to attend to a case at weigh and measure office under ministry of commerce and industries, their sole responsibilities is to monitor pump nozzles for accuracy, unfortunately most of them are only interested in collecting the 5000 naira and above per nozzle being paid by petrol stations yearly and their registration fee which is over 200 thousand naira.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Teawhy2011: 9:04am On May 04, 2017
Na naija we dey nw!
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by NarnieSnyper(m): 9:05am On May 04, 2017
To me, the best people to cheat are women, they know little or nothing about filling of tank, anything you tell them is true. They hardly alight from their car because of the smell of fuel, have babies in the vehicle or they just don't deem it necessary, especially those ajebo women.
So my people, if you play by the rules, u get left behind.
#ManMustSurvive
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by femi4: 9:08am On May 04, 2017
kenonze:
So lovely. but I hate fuel odor. I cannot get down from my car cause of these.
Then you shouldn't own a car
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by LUGBE: 9:10am On May 04, 2017
It is a good write up but i will add to it, the public need to be aware of Weights and Measures Department under the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, they are saddled with ensuring among others that customers get actual Liter they paid for, is not DPR duty please.

By virtue of Weights and Measures Act cap W3 LFN, 2004, Weights and Measures Department operates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Broderick555: 9:15am On May 04, 2017
my back leg well well if I say I nor learn
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by bamdly(m): 9:16am On May 04, 2017
no wonder they always smile at me and my 2500
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by deolu2000(m): 9:26am On May 04, 2017
Whatever we do, if man doesn't see us, God does, so cheating others can never bring you long term prosperity and even the immediate gain you get, be rest assured that karma will pick out your pocket. It's only a matter of time.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by Iamzik: 9:30am On May 04, 2017
Anyone know a self-service filling station in Lagos?
If there is you wouldn't worry about an attendant short changing you.
Re: How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions by hillsure4: 9:32am On May 04, 2017
Opportunities don't happen. You create them. View Fixed Game won for your Gratification & todays fixed is out for Subcribers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evolution Of Cars: What They Look Like Then Vs Now. / Car Logo Game: Tell Us The Names Of These Car Brands Using Their Logos Only / The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.