Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" (31303 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: I Was Sexually Molested At 8, My Sex Drive High, I Prefer Doggy / Helena Nelson: I Was Sexually Abused By My Mother's Boyfriend For 3 Years / Juliana Olayode Sexually Abused As A Little Girl, Shares Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Researchz: 12:39pm On May 02, 2017
Nigerian singer, songwriter, photographer and philanthropist, Toyin Sokefun-Bello popularly known as TY Bello, has opened up how she was sexually abused while she was growing up.

While speaking on Accelerate TV series, ‘King Women’ which is produced by prolific video director, Kemi Adetiba, popular singer and celebrity photographer, TY Bello, revealed that she was molested as a child and that it had a negative effect on her during her formative years.

She said; “I was sexually abused as a child and because of this, I felt like there was something ugly about me that made me encounter this. This was not the abuser’s fault, this was me. I used to see other girls as flowers and I saw myself as dirty cement, hard and ugly. I never felt beautiful, everything was wrong with me, I was hairy and it was a problem.

“I always attributed everything that was about me to be the reason someone took advantage of me. I thought there was something wrong with me because if the others girls were like me perhaps they would be dirty like me but they were flowers.

“When a friend told me about salvation, she told me old things would be passed away and all things will become new. It was as if God could wash away that stench and I would become a girl because I didn’t feel like a girl.”

The Greenland singer said she was relieved when she found out that she was not the only one that was sexually abused as a child.

“I was shocked when I grew up and found that one out every three or four girls in my secondary school had suffered the same thing and I could tell them the same thing… that old thing can pass away.

“It was a relief to find that I was not the only one and a shock that nobody talks about it. That’s why salvation worked, I had a daddy and I was going to be a flower.”

The singer also spoke about how she handled the dissolution of KUSH, an all-female gospel band she belonged to for many years.

“When KUSH ended, I guess it was time for it to end because we were together for eight years and the fact we were different and wanted different things tore us apart. Breaking up was very painful and we couldn’t explain what happened to everyone so we had to sit back and watch the public dissect your life,” she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSq4QqDCHBM

Source http://tweemk..com/2017/05/how-i-was-sexually-abused-as-child.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 02, 2017
Sincerely, rapists deserve to be hanged

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by flexxyworld(m): 1:00pm On May 02, 2017
I don't just know how there manage to get away with rape.

5 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by MrGreenMavro: 1:52pm On May 02, 2017
smiley
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 02, 2017
grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by sukkot: 1:52pm On May 02, 2017
wetin make we do with this kin info na ?

ATTENTION SEEKER. EVER SINCE ANTHONY JOSHUA HAS STOLE THE LIMELIGHT EVERYBODY IS UPPING THEIR GAME WITH CRAZY STORIES SO AS TO TAKE THE LIMELIGHT BACK LMAO

11 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Chiefpriest1(m): 1:52pm On May 02, 2017
Of all forms of sexual assault, child molestation remains the most wicked.

You take advantage of an innocent, defenceless child. You are the devil we all talk about.

Many of these stories remain untold while the scars remain with the victim forever.

Things seem to be changing though. Social media has done a lot in this respect.

Now , many young men know that you have no right to force a lady just because you bought her a plate of rice or you gave her money for hair.

Or because she is dressed seductively or because he is handsome.

Raping a girl because she is seductively dressed is the same thing as somebody stealing money from your pocket because part of the money is exposed.

It is no justification...

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Greatigbos(f): 1:53pm On May 02, 2017
not surprised about the people in ur area

2 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by ShitHead(m): 1:53pm On May 02, 2017
Women no dey talk them real age nah...every year nah 16yr old birthday. And you come here dey claim abuse.

2 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Trapnews: 1:54pm On May 02, 2017
undecided
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by DICKtator: 1:55pm On May 02, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by sotall(m): 1:55pm On May 02, 2017
ok
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Untainted007: 1:56pm On May 02, 2017
Sorry about that, but everybody have their ugly past in one way or the other. Just thank your God that you are not where you used to be.

1 Like

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by oviejnr(m): 1:57pm On May 02, 2017
Say no to child molestation or any form of abuse but why is that everyone will always have something to talk about after been successful. She should have cried for help, so the fool can be dealt with, why is she telling us now??

The women will talk of about rape and domestic violence and while their male counterpart will talk about how they hawk Tomatoes, plantain and Rat poison sad sad

5 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by vRendoh(m): 1:57pm On May 02, 2017
MadManTalking:
grin grin

I just see your name.......
I run o

1 Like

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by helphelp: 1:58pm On May 02, 2017
EastGold:
Sincerely, rapers deserved to be hanged
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by elaigwusimona(m): 1:59pm On May 02, 2017
Nigeria girls go always give excuse of how they bleep them, na waoh oo! so no girl willingly open her legs abi, continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Sketchandcraft(m): 2:00pm On May 02, 2017
She never said she was raped or molested she only said she was abused like... Ori ko pe, ko ni da fun iya ati baba.. Etc

2 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Adieza(m): 2:00pm On May 02, 2017
Sorry ma, Epele, No wonder you never marry.
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 02, 2017
vRendoh:

I just see your name.......
I run o

Escuze moi!
Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2017
Omo was she the first to be abused omo I need a job not all these ppl wen chop bellefull.

3 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by OVA200(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2017
This is the first time and seeing her though I like her song.

I don't have time to read all this .

2 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by MhissBelva(f): 2:03pm On May 02, 2017
Adieza:
Sorry ma, Epele, No wonder you never marry.

who told u she isn't married

5 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Bigajeff(m): 2:04pm On May 02, 2017
Wale Adenuga Presents Super story Titled: My Childhood. We are nothing but pencil in the hand of the creator

1 Like

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Mznaett: 2:04pm On May 02, 2017
It is well

1 Like

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Mznaett: 2:06pm On May 02, 2017
JustCalMeDBoss:
Omo was she the first to be abused omo I need a job not all these ppl wen chop bellefull.

May God forgive you for this statementsad

11 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by deflover(m): 2:06pm On May 02, 2017
Sometimes parents are at fault
There was a time
Around 2010
I was in Epe then
Went to see my babe who was just my friend then.
She had some kids that love to follow her home from church.

One day I was there and one of the kids came on me
Lying on my chest
She started acting funny
Took up her dress and moved my shirt up
And made show her belle button touched mine and was humping on me
I woke up and noticed
Quickly I acted as if I didn't understand what she was doing
She was looking at me thinking I would do something or scream
I acted as if she was doing nuffin
Told her ohhh stop jor my tummy is paining me
She was looking surprised and wondering if she didn't do it right cry
So I called my babe then we were just friends and told her.
We decided its best I pretend nuffin happened so I don't encourage her to think its OK

Kids learn a lot from thier parents
Cos I really don't know where she learnt it from.

cry

4 Likes

Re: TY Bello: "I Was Sexually Abused As A Child" by Blackhue95: 2:07pm On May 02, 2017
ShitHead:
Women no dey talk them real age nah...every year nah 16yr old birthday. And you come here dey claim abuse.

Dumbo, read next time. She was abused when she was a child(a minor) not as an adult. You lack basic intelligence lipsrsealed

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olakunle Churchill: "My Family Is Independent And Blessed" / "I Had No Val"- Ufedo Sunshine & Her Booty Step Out Alone On Boat Cruise For Val / Annie Idibia And Her Daughters Vacation In Dubai (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.