Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice (29257 Views)

Not Been Paid For 22 Months Now; Expert Advice Needed / FG Moves To Enforce ‘No Work, No Pay’ Rule / GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by chyima(f): 9:10am On Oct 13, 2017
this issue is particular is related to engineering firm,got a relative who works in one and they haven't done any project for close to 8months,
all they do in the morning resume and they just do personal things till 5 pm and close for the day ,month end they receive their salaries.
he goes to work with movie series to fight boredom.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by deepwater(f): 9:13am On Oct 13, 2017
seguno2:

Will it be correct to call his salary the monthly maintenance?
Cheers.

Exactly what it is, obviously like other machinery, he is not bringing in flow to the company monthly.

They will all be serviced as at when due from in flow generated in the past.

Therefore shifting his expenses from OPEX to CAPEX.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 13, 2017
Naturallyme:
Hello Guys, I know this is not typical of Nigerians to complain of getting paid without doing tangible work. As for me , am not comfortable with it but it seems no way out for me.
I am a very ambitious Mechanical Engineer with experience in various sections within the discipline because I have been working before graduation. Have both HNd and B.Eng. background. You know what that means.

I have been working in an Engineering firm for 6 years now but I have a big issue. I have been soo redundant for about 2 years now at my place of work. No sack, salaries paid as at when due, no project forthcoming and we are resume to work everyday. I have tried to get in touch with the management on we can diversify our operations maybe we can use our resources to get jobs outside our scope but all effort were futile.
I have considered leaving because staying their doesn't add value to me anymore. New jobs are not forthcoming.
Honestly I feel am sitting on a gun powder which I feel will blow one day. Even if this coy has so much money in the reserve, one day the money will finish.

Within this two years I have done some personal development training of Project Management, Maintenance Engineering and Managent because those are areas I love so much and would want to development myself privately. I had MNSE and COREN during this period hoping things will get better and I will move on. Up till now, nothing is forthcoming o. I am bothered. 2 years gone without doing anything and am getting paid. Pls am afraid. Resigning is not an option because I have bills to pay. Their not considering sacking anyone which means we will all remain their. Jobs are not forthcoming . Many interviews no reply . some would say am over qualified while I need to change job asap. Pls I need advice.

Get another job because firing u won't be difficult.

Meanwhile that company is a fraud, there are making money in illegal ways u don't understand.

No private company can pay u for 2 years without work.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 13, 2017
op should apply to the Canadian Express Entry /federal skilled migration program ,and get out of this country before itz too late(the company decides to disengage u).with the wealth of experiences you have and the qualifications acquired overtym,u are good to go and lead a good life. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 13, 2017
Op, why are u feeling guilty of unproductivity at work?...do u think that ur company don't know what they area doing?...ur salary is a pea nuts compare with what they have made and what they will make when new contract comes.

Most company dont look for road side contract ...chill in there and continue to develop ur self, start working on your big dream.

This is an opportunity for u

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by aycorporat(m): 9:40am On Oct 13, 2017
seguno2:
Maybe they are using you for rituals spiritually
What you said may be funny but may be true as well cause strange things happen in the land of the black man
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by EdoBoy90(m): 9:40am On Oct 13, 2017
freddywells81:
op should apply to the Canadian Express Entry /federal skilled migration program ,and get out of this country before itz too late(the company decides to disengage u).with the wealth of experiences you have and the qualifications acquired overtym,u are good to go and lead a good life. Enjoy

Pls if you know the way about Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Migration program, pls show me.

I need the information/tips about it.

Thanks and God bless you. I will send you a message via ur mail.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by EdoBoy90(m): 9:46am On Oct 13, 2017
freddywells81:

I have sent you a message via your email
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2017
EdoBoy90:

Pls if you know the way about Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Migration program, pls show me.

I need the information/tips about it.

Thanks and God bless you. I will send you a message via ur mail.

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Walelavender(m): 10:17am On Oct 13, 2017
NwaChibuzor8:
Op are you a yoruba man? because typical of yoruba men, they don't think well. Comm'on this is everyones dream. less work more pay. Enjoy your money but start saving well for the future.
How do you feel when you bring tribal bigotry to an important discussion like this? Sincerely,life is more than being driven by the superiority of a tribe over others. It should be an intellectual expression not the other way round. Shalom

1 Like

Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by OmoEpe(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2017
Nice one from you.
Thanh God for the job at hand i will advise you to channel your energy into personal biz/consultancy for Engineering firms/Engineers while collecting salary from your current job as shock absorbed. Resignation isn't an optio5in present day Nigeria.
Better still registere your own firm and seek for jobs on the side to enrich your company profile till it grows to a stage where you are fully needed
Cheers

1 Like

Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by 400billionman: 10:28am On Oct 13, 2017
[img][/img]
chyima:
this issue is particular is related to engineering firm,got a relative who works in one and they haven't done any project for close to 8months,
all they do in the morning resume and they just do personal things till 5 pm and close for the day ,month end they receive their salaries.

This is why Nigeria is going down.

Engineering firms paying idle Engineers for years unending. I also spotted this anomaly during my industrial internship.

What such firms need are PRODUCT MANAGERS.

A product manager identifies a product for the company team to manufacture, introduces the product to the management team. Works with the engineering team from concept to design, sample production, testing, forecast, cost, mass production, sales strategy, support, end of product life.

There are many products that engineering firms can produce to make money. Please if you are a CEO of an idle ENGINEERING FIRM, contact me on Consultancy to start up set up a ROADMAP and start up a PRODUCT LINE for your firm.

I could guide your company in PAINT MANUFACTUTING, PLUMBING, PALLETE ASSEMBLY, BLENDING OF ENGINE OIL and FABRICATION OF AGRIC INPUT tools and machines.

Alot of companies need your services.

Do not feel your company has the money to continue paying idle workers, you are on the road to bankruptcy even if the money is coming from the FG, its.unhealthy for the economy. Lets all be patriotic.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Calebsworld(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2017
We are currently conducting a survey on Customer Satisfaction among Nigeria Bank Customers. The aim of the study is to find out the level of satisfaction among bank customers in Nigeria. The survey is accessible using any internet enabled device and will take a maximum of 6 minutes to complete.
As a token of appreciation, we are giving out airtime for each complete response. Kindly click on the link below to begin the survey.
http://survey.zacrac.com/
For questions and enquiries, please contact us at Zacrac Integrated Limited. Email: info@zacrac.com; Phone no: 08110325878

Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by webngnews: 11:40am On Oct 13, 2017
Ok
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by webmastern(m): 11:44am On Oct 13, 2017
NwaChibuzor8:
Op are you a yoruba man? because typical of yoruba men, they don't think well. Comm'on this is everyones dream. less work more pay. Enjoy your money but start saving well for the future.

You are very poor, in mind and cash
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Tolams16(m): 12:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
errrrrrrrrrrrrr i am not understanding are u normal?? ok abeg abeg, privately send me the name of the company, another mans poison is another mans meat.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by peddyholly: 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
Naturallyme:
Hello Guys, I know this is not typical of Nigerians to complain of getting paid without doing tangible work. As for me , am not comfortable with it but it seems no way out for me.
I am a very ambitious Mechanical Engineer with experience in various sections within the discipline because I have been working before graduation. Have both HNd and B.Eng. background. You know what that means.

I have been working in an Engineering firm for 6 years now but I have a big issue. I have been soo redundant for about 2 years now at my place of work. No sack, salaries paid as at when due, no project forthcoming and we are resume to work everyday. I have tried to get in touch with the management on we can diversify our operations maybe we can use our resources to get jobs outside our scope but all effort were futile.
I have considered leaving because staying their doesn't add value to me anymore. New jobs are not forthcoming.
Honestly I feel am sitting on a gun powder which I feel will blow one day. Even if this coy has so much money in the reserve, one day the money will finish.

Within this two years I have done some personal development training of Project Management, Maintenance Engineering and Managent because those are areas I love so much and would want to development myself privately. I had MNSE and COREN during this period hoping things will get better and I will move on. Up till now, nothing is forthcoming o. I am bothered. 2 years gone without doing anything and am getting paid. Pls am afraid. Resigning is not an option because I have bills to pay. Their not considering sacking anyone which means we will all remain their. Jobs are not forthcoming . Many interviews no reply . some would say am over qualified while I need to change job asap. Pls I need advice.
Am a solar engineer, let's use ur contact at work to get some jobs so u can diversify too
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by peddyholly: 12:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
Naturallyme:

Am a solar engineer, let's use ur contact at work to get some jobs so u can diversify too.... 08063805523
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Springforth: 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2017
is like you have not work in a government ministry before

1 Like

Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by lagosrd: 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2017
O boy fleee. Because after redundancy you will be declared surplus to requirements.

Can't imagine leaving home everyday to work without doing anything tangible and you close at the same time others are closing and yet when your wife or someone welcomes you back from work and you still have the guts to reply thanks you....... Hahaahah
O boy something is wrong. Uno is you're not doing something, something is actually doing you.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Xyzee: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
deepwater:

In real life, theories are for guidance only.

He is seen as a machine now not a staff. He must be serviced and periodic maintenance job must be done on him, monthly.

His salary has been earned long time ago by the company, he is just been paid in tads, that is monthly.

The company is temporary out of operations, no operational in flow of funds.

Wonderful explanation. However, for the purpose of Accounting, it would be classified as OPEX.

Thanks so much.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by akaahs(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
chyima:

yeah, bcause they wana use their workforce nd plant equipment to get new contract.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by akaahs(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Get another job because firing u won't be difficult.

Meanwhile that company is a fraud, there are making money in illegal ways u don't understand.

No private company can pay u for 2 years without work.
bros, no b all coy b fraudsters. Some coy keep their workforce while hustling for new contract. So don't b suprise when u see a coy doing that.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2017
akaahs:

bros, no b all coy b fraudsters. Some coy keep their workforce while hustling for new contract. So don't b suprise when u see a coy doing that.

Not for 2 years sir.

Even oil companies n oil servicing firms in nigeria didn't wait for 2 years to lay off workers wen the price of oil went so low.
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by deepwater(f): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
Xyzee:

Wonderful explanation. However, for the purpose of Accounting, it would be classified as OPEX.

Thanks so much.

Uwc dear
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by jojothaiv(m): 2:37am On Oct 14, 2017
MichaelSokoto:
op,
have u tried spyin on ya village ppl to find out if wat dey are cooking down 4 u issa very biiiiiig thing?
contract a snitch in dia midst to find out nah grin

but sha...
We Go Dey Reason Your Mata!

CC; Village People On Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by Naturallyme: 8:46am On Oct 23, 2017
Thanks everyone. the status quo has not really changed. I need a more engaging one pls
Re: For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice by PenisCaP: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
Talk2Bella:

thanks for this information I had no idea

Swthrt check ur inbox.

Sorry I had to mention u on old thread lol. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crippled Man "Big Dreams" Makes Shoes In Benue To Earn A Living (Photos) / FAAN Pays Staff Half Salary After Top Officials, Children Stole Over N750m / 8 ICT Skills In Nigeria And Their Learning Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.