Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (68058 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
He came at her with fist swinging. She shifted her head backwards, dodging the blow. But that was a feint, the real attack came from somewhere else. His other fist slammed into her midsection. She felt pains, despite the armor. That part of her cover has been severely weakened from the bites of the hybrid dogs. Jeffery followed with another punch to her stomach, with another then another in rapid move too fast for Jade to block. Another punch hit her helmet which jeered her head backwards sharply.

“You see another added bonus to my bodily enhancement is speed. You may be a better fighter but I’m faster and stronger. “ Jeffery pulled off from his attacks, crunching his knuckles which are peeled and leaking blood for hitting the armored body. “And I do not feel pains on all the enhanced parts of my body. “

Another round of fights ensured, as Jade attacked this time but Jeffrey was able to counter her with his faster response. A kicked to his face was blocked by his elbow, the snake strike Jade made at his eyes was knocked off by a simple wave of his palm, then a quick back roll and a jump kick from her was sidestepped by him which gave him an opening to hit her on the ribs. She dropped to the ground like a heavy stone and a growl of pain escaped her lips. Her sides were on fire , she thought as it clouded her mind, that perhaps she has some of her ribs broken. Jeffery stepped by a bit enjoying watching her trash on the ground in pains.

“I must admit that I’m enjoying this since I don’t usually engage in brawl. Well before I get to kill you it’s good to know that your mission here was a failure from the start. “ The corporate head took on a more relaxed position still watching her. “ I know why you came here. To access the information we have stored in our facility . You believe that the data taken from Trans Terra tower is here and you are correct. “

Interrupting his talk he came quickly as he noticed Jade was trying to get on her feet. The heavy chair was in his hands again and down it came in a savage arc downward to smash the Earthwatch agent on her back. She crashed to the ground, moaning and slowly turning as her back flashed afresh with pains though the armor blunted the intensity of the attack.

“But this terminal cannot access the data you came for, I only set it up as a trap, which unfortunately you fell for. “ Dropping the chair again, as he saw no immediate need for it, he came closer, rested his buttocks on a table peering down at Jade. “ There is only one place where that data can be taken from, I believe that is where that annoyingly dexterous cyborg is headed. Though a really big surprise is waiting for him."

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
“Though something still baffles me about all this, I was thinking Marvel is supposed to be at the forefront of the attacks here but none of the security footage have shown him. Where is he? “ he bent asking the thrashing female on the ground. “Though I did notice a new person who was putting on an unknown kind of armor covering. I have watched the armor’s work with keen interest, I really would be glad to lay my hand on it. That person seems to be leading the cyborg, could that be Marvel under the armor? It will be nice to get to find out. Anyway the cyborg’s attempt to retrieve that data will be his last attempt at anything because, though the data is there but it is a trap specifically tailored to take the cyborg out. “

“Well it’s been fun I must admit “ Jeffery knelt by her pulling out a vibroblade. His hand holding her helmeted head steady, pushing it aside to expose the flexible neck joint between the head and shoulder of the armor that is vulnerable. “It will be good to see the true face of this successful infiltrator before slicing your delicate neck. “

The low hum of the vibroblade didn’t let Jeffery hear as Jade’s armored fist clenched. Her thrashing on the floor has actually been a feint from her, hoping to get him closer which it did. Her fist lashed out hitting him at the ear which made him tumbled backwards the blade dropping from his hand . She followed with a scissors cut kick to the other cheek. With her shoulders on the floor and her hands for support, she jumped off the floor with a single forward roll the brought her two feet to land heavily on Jeffery’s chest. He stumbled more and crashed into a set of huge stainless steel cylinders with the words HIGLEY FLAMEABLE printed on its surface.

“Nice of you for letting me in on your little secret, Jeffery, I’m sure to make good use of it. “ Jade said as her hand went for the hand gun in the holster attached to her thigh. She lifted the gun pointing it at him as he cleaned his bleeding mouth with the back of his hand. His white lab coat was badly squeezed and stained red with blood. “ Unfortunately I must say goodbye to you. “

Jude nods her head in the direction of the cylinders with flammable material. Jeffery turned and his eyes went wide when he realized the cylinder contains liquid hydrogen already pressurized. All he could do is scream “No” as Jade fired and there was a whoosh sound followed immediately by an explosion spewing flame which covered the whole place, engulfing both of them. Jeffery stumbled in the inferno as his body was consumed and his screams of agony died out. Jade simply stood in the middle of the roaring flames, the auto thermal regulator control in the armored uniform came on and kept her from being burnt up. She walked slowly amidst the burning flames, picked up her rifle, that was thankfully heat resistant and walked out of the place through the door. Her mind struggling to recall an old legend about a person or people who had survived been thrown into a burning pit of fire. Chuckling, she promised herself, that if she ever finds the one responsible for building this marine combat armor, she will definitely kiss him. This thing has saved her life more than once today.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
Jade most not die...she have to leave nd kiss the maker of that body marine combat armor because i strongly believe Damibiz is behind that.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by zelaws: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
Is Jeffrey really dead! seems he died too easily though.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2018
✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴
The fight was fast and brutal in the first seconds it started. Marvel’s AA suit was giving him as much advantage as possible going one on one against the ADMEC. Still Hardwire’s words continue to ring at the back of his mind that he can’t win against an ADMEC if he goes head to head with it. That seems to have been proven correct so far. His TEC 10 has been helping him hold his own but just barely. Simon Omega’s ADMEC has shaken off everything that he had thrown at him.

Just then the ADMEC’s twin shoulder mounted mini guns opened up spewing hot armor piercing leads. Marvel moved fast avoiding the shots, but the high velocity of the bullets made them too fast to easily dodge. Lots of them struck Marvel’s armored suit bounced off ricocheting. Marvel unleashed the remaining two rockets left on his TEC 10. They hit the machine, staggering it and giving him the time to pull out another ten rockets drum clip and insert it into the RPG. Simon responded by spewing out rockets from the shoulder mounted rocket pods.

Just then a rain of explosions began to fall around Marvel. Fortunately his armor had locked on to all the rockets fired, calculated their trajectories and impact points which it fed to Marvel through the display on the helmet’s HUD . Marvel used this as his point for side stepping all the explosion area. He may avoid the impact sites but flying shrapnel from the explosions were hitting him multiple times. Just then the rain of rockets and explosions stopped abruptly, the rockets ports on the ADMEC’s shoulders appeared empty. The ports, spewing out smoke continued to whir jerking slightly.

Simon may not have been paying attention to the amount of ammo he has with him. Seems he just ran out of rockets. Marvel thought grimly. And I’d be foolish to give him the opportunity to reload.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2018
Marvel pointed his TEC 10 at the ADMEC, allowing the smart tactical feature of the suit to guide him. The suit painting the ADMEC on a grid display on his helmet’s HUD, it showed him the points around the machine that are still densely armored and strong and parts that have been weaken due to pressure sustained from repeated hits. The shoulder mounted rocket pods with the ports are one of such. Then the mini guns too.

Somewhere around the center part of the ADMEC can be weaken with sufficient hits. That part’s armor is a bit less dense as the other parts, as it is the place arrangement was made for the driver’s cockpit. The bounty hunter had his targets. With quick move, his TEC 10 was up and firing. His first four shots he aimed for the guns and rocket pods on the ADMEC’s shoulders. The machine lifted its gun arms to block the rockets which exploded on them, taking out the two muzzles on them.

Marvel fired again at the same targets with two rockets, this time the machine arms couldn’t lift fast enough as the explosions must have damaged something within them causing them to smoke. The two rocket pods blew apart, as pieces of it were torn away from the ADMEC’s shoulders. Simon responded by firing the mini guns at him. This caused Marvel to roll out of the way of the shots, so he could get an accurate shot at the shoulder mounted guns. Still Marvel fired his rockets aiming for any target on the huge machine.

This time, Simon moved the ADMEC which such speed that surprised Marvel as the machine sidestepped the two rockets which exploded harmlessly behind it. Marvel ran closer to the ADMEC to get a wider field of fire and reduce Simon’s chance of dodging his shots. The TEC 10 spew out two rockets which hit the ADMEC dead center on the torso. The machine staggered and its leg readjusted to another angle with the whirring of servomotors to keep its balance. Marvel pulled the trigger again on the TEC 10 but it clicked on an empty chamber, the ten loaded rockets were used up. Marvel cursed but before he could react, he felt one of the claw arm of the ADMEC hit him hard with a back ward swing. With a loud metallic clang, Marvel was pushed backwards by the blow.

The machine came at him again, claw arms aiming and hitting him. He felt each blow despite the AA suit’s covering. The blows were hitting him continuously but the internal working system of the suit was still functional. It showed him a weak spot on the shoulder joint of one of the arms hitting him. The suit recommended using a rocket to blow it apart. But Marvel couldn’t reload under the onslaught of the pommeling he was receiving from Simon.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2018
The suit recommended a second solution, the use of his DNG-MK 112 assault rifle. Despite been pinned on the floor as the ADMEC viciously attacked him with the clawed arms now joined with rapid fire from the mini guns on his shoulders hitting Marvel constantly with a steady stream of bullets ricocheting, his hand pulled out the rifle, lifted it and dug the muzzle under the armpit of one of the attacking arms and pulled the trigger.

The DNG-MK 112 was fully loaded with its 100 rounds drum clip and was on full auto fire setting. The bullets were made of flintsteel with lazer sharpened edges that cuts infinitely better than flechette. The 100 rounds clip ran dry in less than a second but its result was spectacular. The bullets tore through the undercover delicate wirings and connectors linking it with the central motor function of the ADMEC. Also the stronger primary sub link attachers were blown away too.

The arm now hung uselessly on the ADMEC. This gave a little respite for Marvel to move out from under the ADMEC, reloaded his DNG-MK and targeted the second arm. After shooting, that one too hung useless on the ADMEC.
In a seeming act of rage the ADMEC turned, the shoulder mini guns blazing. Marvel rolled out of its way, reloading his rifle again. This time targeting one of the shoulder mounted gun. The smart unit in his suit pointed out the weaken and vulnerable parts to Marvel.
He concentrated his fire on those. With bullets hitting the stands connecting the mini guns to the shoulders of the ADMEC as they continued, the flintsteel bullets chew through them and their controls. They sorted with several bright electrical sparks and the guns fell from the shoulders of the ADMEC.

In the low lit cockpit of the ADMEC, Simon Omega raged, as almost all his attacking armaments were destroyed. All he can hope to do now is kill Marvel by dropping the weight of this machine on him. No matter how strong that his armor is, it can long stand against the crushing weight of this machine. Simon moved the ADMEC and headed for his most hated enemy.

“Why do you keep jumping about Marvel? “ Simon’s voice sounded out of the ADMEC. “If you have stayed still, I’d have ended this engagement long before now. That way your death would have been quick and clean, so no need to have come this far. “

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2018
Marvel knew what the trap is but didn’t fall for it. Simon was trying to distract him by talking, taking away his mind from his true intentions. Well Marvel has a trick of his own too, something he borrowed from the marine force recon team. He pulled out the magnetic thermite grenade, activated it, counted the seconds, ran ahead to meet the coming ADMEC, slapped the grenade on its chest and rolled out of the way.

As he was rolling away, his hand was pulling out the TEC 10 from the magnetic clamp at his back and reloading it. As he stopped and pulled him self from the floor, turning to face the ADMEC, he saw the grenade flashed first with the exothermic explosive before the secondary explosion knocked the ADMEC sideways. As the machine turned to face Marvel, a very wide circle has been created on its cheat. The reading given to Marvel by the suit is that the chest area of the ADMEC is now vulnerable to attack from the TEC 10.

Marvel took up the TEC 10 and released rockets to the ADMEC’s chest. As each rockets hit the sport, dense armor plating started falling off. It took all of nine rockets to finally blow up the last covering showing Simon Omega on a control chair, with its seat belts crossing his chest in an X form. Simon’s hands were covered in a heavy electronic gauntlet linked with delicate wires connected to control panels on the ADMEC. His head was encased in a heavy helmet with wires and control knobs blinking with multi colored lights. With the last layer of the dense armor plating ripped off the only thing protecting the excon was a thin transparisteel covering. Marvel looked at that face and felt nothing but disgust.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
“So Marvel you have won, revel in that fact shi.tface. “ Simon Omega said and the audio pick up in the ADMEC still works and transmitted his words. “So what do you want to do about it slime? You gonna blow me up now that I’m all tied up, beaten and vulnerable? “

Marvel didn’t reply him. Staying some feet away from the damaged ADMEC, he held both the DNG-MK rifle and the TEC 10 RPG pointed at the blown cheat of the machine, which despite it, was still standing on its feet. Though he really felt like pulling the trigger and blowing everything away, yet it seems Simon wants to make a point and Marvel wants to find out what it is.

“Nothing? Still standing there and doing nothing? You don’t have all the time in the world. Here let me make it easier for you. “ Simon Omega pulled off the neuro-cybernetic helmet from his head and the control gauntlets too. He unlocked the seat belt and leg straps holding his feet. He touched a control and the transperisteel cheat covering opened then he jumped off the machine, landing just before Marvel.

“Will you kill me easily using that your fancy armored suit, that’s the cowardly thing to do which I mostly expect from you. “ He said pouring out spittle on Marvel’s feet. “ Or you can come out of that thing and take me out with your hands, that’s if you’ve got the guts. “

Marvel knew the bait for what it is. He hated Simon as equally as he is hated, it would be so easy to just kill him here. But he will not be dragged to Simon’s lower standards. Marvel clipped both guns at the magnetic clamp on the back of the suit. Touching some controls, the AA suit opened and Marvel walked out and the suit remained standing after it closed back and its security safe guards were activated .

“You are a fool Marvel for dropping your greatest advantage. “ Simon Omega laughed, as he clenched his fists, the muscles on his shoulders and biceps stood up and rippled. “You just handed me the opportunity to kill you. “

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
You are a lier Simon..Marvel will rip u apart,please dont for to say Hello to Lady Barakuda or what ever is dat her name self..for me oh jare
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by neyohpee: 1:24am On Aug 17, 2018
more.....more.........more........ more
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:36pm On Aug 17, 2018
Simon made his move after Marvel refused to respond to his jabs. He came with forward blows, which Marvel blocked easily but then a knee jab hit Marvel at his side. Marvel felt that as he staggered back. Simon followed with a vicious upper cut blow which missed Marvel’s face by inches. He still swing the second fist which still hit Marvel’s jaw. Marvel stepped back raised his hands still looking quietly as a thin line of blood ran down the side of his lip.

“How do you like that, shi.t face? “ Omega asked as he raised his hands again ready to attack. “ How do you like my fist hammering your face? “
“Why don’t you just shut up. “ Marvel said as Simon angrily came again. This time he was prepared as Simon came at him. He side stepped as his attacker raced by, Marvel swing a blow that knocked the back of Simon’s head.

As Simon stumbled, Marvel followed with a heavy flying kick to his back. Flying kick is a very poor form of attack in a hand to hand combat, because it leaves you open to a quick counter attack and recovery from it is hard. But at this instance, Simon’s back was turned and he was unbalanced. The kick pushed the excon forward, he fell hitting his face on the ground.
“Ready to give up now? “ Marvel asked as he watched Simon struggled up on his hands and knee.

“Drop dead, Marvel. “ Simon Omega spew blood from his mouth. “I will never give you the satisfaction of seeing me grovel. “
Simon’s hand touched something that felt cold like a metal in the shape of a pipe. He lifted it a bit and know the object can be use. With blinding speed, he ran at Marvel, swinging the pipe. Marvel instinctively raised his hand to defend the attack without knowing what was used for it . The pipe hit the forearms he raised to block it and his bones felt like jelly immediately. Marvel roared as he saw his forearm swell with pain and a sudden shock of numbness. With unholy glee, Simon Omega came at him again, this time the pipe hit Marvel in his stomach. Marvel folded on his stomach in pain. A brutal kick hit his face from Simon and the bounty hunter was knocked backwards.

“How is it Marvel? Hope you are having as much fun as I am?” Simon said slowly hitting the metal pipe on his hand. The pipe was actually the covering for a super conducting cable that was torn away from the wrecked ADMEC. “I must admit that I enjoy seeing you squirming in pains. I want you to suffer like I did in my time in prison. I wish I can record you now growling in pains and show it to everyone how I humiliated you before mercifully putting you out of your misery. “

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2018
Marvel held hard to his tummy as ragged fiery fingers of pains tore through his torso. He knew that Simon was strong and a cunning fighter, he is good at fighting dirty. This Marvel knew and yet let him sucker punched him. He has to come up with a way to remedy this fast because Simon is just seconds away from killing him.

“I’m going to hit you with this iron till your skull shatters and your brains exposed. I will not stop till your brains stains this floor. I will pop your eyes into my mouth, your ears and teeth will be the jewels on my necklace. “ Simon came close to the grounded bounty hunter, his arm lifted with the metal pipe raised, ready to smash down.

Marvel kicked out with his full strength behind it. His booted foot, with the sole already set to steel hit Simon at his knee. With a loud crack, the knee shattered and he howled as a wild animal that is dealt a heavy injury. The pipe fell from Simon’s hand as he started to stumble around with one of the leg useless.

“Like I side you talk too much. “ Marvel came at him again. Despite the pains in his hand, he delivered punch after punch to Simon’s face, chest and stomach. Simon still stumbled around despite his shattered knee. After several blows, Simon nose and mouth were ripped and bloody. One of his eye was swollen shut.

Simon wanted to deliver another insult but his mouth couldn’t open to use the choice words. His hand groped around his boot and held on to the handle of a vibroblade. With a flick of his thumb the vibroblade hummed to life. He struggled up and rushed at Marvel with his one good leg, punching at the bounty hunter with the vibrating knife leading. Marvel dodged the attack and grabbed the wrist of the hand holding the knife. With a vicious twist, Marvel broke the wrist and the knife dropped from Simon’s hand.

With a backward swing, Marvel smashed his face and he fell again as his single good leg couldn’t balance him as he staggered. Marvel bent and picked up the vibroblade taking a look at the humming blade edge.
“ Well it’s over for you Simon, I am taking you back to prison. “ Marvel turned walking towards the silently standing AA suit.

Simon wasn’t giving up. With his teeth grinding, he slowly reached to the boot of his injured leg, he pulled out a small lazer gun and aimed the muzzle at Marvel’s turned back. Despite his busted face, Simon managed a smile as he prepared to fire. Marvel stopped walking, with a slow almost lazy flick of his arm backwards throwing the knife. With a steady roll, the vibroblade twisted in the air heading for Simon’s face. The blade hit Simon’s forehead, as the vibration continued at a fast pace, it chewed through the skull, reached the brains, borrowing through the soft tissue, it hammered at the back of the cranium, blow through that too then went straight to hit the far wall, blood, brain tissues and pieces of bones scattered in its wake. Simon Omega, with a wide hole in his fore head, stayed still for some seconds, the look of shocked eternally frozen on his face as he slowly dropped to the ground with pints of blood pouring out.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2018
Simon Omega is death nd gone to his grave...hahaha
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2018
Damibiz:
Simon Omega is death nd gone to his grave...hahaha
Lol. Well Simon is not Marvel’s greatest enemy. He is yet to meet him.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2018
Who is them ?..
Apollux:

Lol. Well Simon is not Marvel’s greatest enemy. He is yet to meet him.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2018
Damibiz:
Who is them ?..
You will have to wait and see... Or go back through the story again for clues. Left some in part one.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2018
I have to wait them
Apollux:

You will have to wait and see... Or go back through the story again for clues. Left some in part one.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Princevirus(m): 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
The product of the bio lab awaits Marvel and his men

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by neyohpee: 8:09am On Aug 19, 2018
Well done Apollux. I remain glued to this masterpiece.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ ✴
Cyborg felt the explosions of the rockets and bullets hitting the energy shield surrounding him as he moved to avoid as much of them as he can. The two ADMECs completely ignored the Mole, letting the others deal with him because they considered the cyborg the bigger threat. The ADMECs have coordinated their attacks in such a way that their fires were concentrated and hitting heavily on the cyborg.

With his hands morphed into quad muzzles plasma blasters, the cyborg returned fire, that hit the ADMECs, shook them a little and did nothing more than that. While he was engaging the ADMECs, his diagnostic system was running a full analysis on the make up of these ADMECs. The results he got were similar to the same from his earlier entanglement with them at the Trans Terra tower back on Nuterra. So he can take them out the same way he did before. But something within him gave him a pause.

The mind of Dr. Bryant within the cyborg has noticed something about the cybernetic make up of his body. Each time he has faced an enemy, he notices that his body gets better than it was before the encounter. For example, as he faces the ADMECs now, he noticed that his cybernetic make up has improved better to deal with them. At the first engagement with them back at Nuterra, their attacks on him has had serious effects and dealing with them had been hard. But presently, their attacks on him has had no effects on him whatsoever. His body now seems more stronger than before, much more capable of defeating them easily.

More correctly, his body has now evolved or enhanced to better deal with them. His mind felt uncomfortable about this development, his body is a machine, it can’t act better than what it was made to do. Any new enhancement he has should come as a result of new upgraded parts attached to him. The last upgrades that Dr. Guthrie had done on him was far back before his encounter with the ADMECs the first time. Since then no added modifications have been carried out on him, yet he noticed that in his present face off with these machines, he is better. His hardware, tactical reading and analysis, response time and defense tactics, have all improved, or evolved to deal with the ADMECs effectively and efficiently.

Damn, the mind of Dr. Bryant cursed within the cybernetic frame, machines are not suppose to evolve. Machines don’t learn, they can only function within the operation parameters set up for them . For a machine to improve, their must be added programs with higher functional algorithms which will expand its limited parameters. So what has caused his machine body to evolve without any added upgrades? His mind went to the Ion crystal, the alien power source that supplies the energy the cyborg used in functioning.

Without it, the cyborg program wouldn’t have worked in the first place. Could the Ion crystal be responsible? Is it possible that it is making the cyborg’s body to function like a living organism? He and Dr. Guthrie, had concluded long before now that his ability to morph his arms into any shapes, was mostly made possible by the impact of that power source on the cybernetic frame. But that in itself is not evolution but an efficient use of available hardware and programing boundaries. But this new enhancement he is experiencing is revolutionary, his body is beginning to learn from previous engagements and battles, updating and upgrading itself to newer levels to better handle same threats without the mind of Dr. Bryant or the cybernetic programs that runs it contributing to that.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
The human mind of the cyborg was worried about this development and what it portents for him. True, very little is known about the nature of the Ion crystal, but where will all these lead? How long before Dr. Bryant looses complete control? The machine logic part of the cyborg didn’t think there should be worries over that. Evolution is a constant part of living organism,it is an integral part of the survival dynamics of life.

That is the problem, Bryant’s mind argued back, the cyborg is not a living thing. That is subjective, the machine logic countered, the very fact that the cyborg’s body is learning, evolving and adapting to new level of threat to better survive future encounters is a self preservation attitude attributed to being alive. Dr. Bryant was surprised at the response of the cyborg’s cold logic and if it was still possible, he would have been afraid.

The machine logic of the cyborg is exerting more control and influences as the days goes by. He will definitely need to report this to Dr. Guthrie as soon as possible so he can run a full spectro-analysis and diagnosis. Could it be that the Ion crystal has a mind of its own which it is expressing through the cyborg’s mechanical parts? That is something he will have to make sure of before its too late.

His introspection has cost him some seconds which the ADMECs have effectively used by hammering him with heavier firepower. The energy shield on the cyborg was beginning to show signs of dropping. The cyborg moved quickly dodged a barrage of rockets targeted at him, which exploded harmlessly behind him, got close to the attacking ADMECs, by this time his arm has morphed back into a fingered hand, he grabbed one of the ADMEC’s shoulder rocket pods and mini gun with a savage twist he ripped them away from the shoulder, with torn iron joints and wires with electrical sparks.

The pilot in the ADMEC screamed as there was a temporal power surge and sparks on his the control panels in the cockpit . The second machine turned on the cyborg unleashing rockets, which hit the cyborg, sorting out his energy shield and knocking him from his target. The cyborg rolled as it fell with heavy thuds sounds hammering the floor. Despite the energy shield going off, the cyborg’s body is made of heavily dense armor. High velocity bullets from the mini guns on the ADMEC hit him relentlessly without a pause. As he was pushed back step by the step, the second ADMEC recovered as its emergency rebooting system kicked in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by bigbauer(m): 12:17am On Aug 21, 2018
Educating, entertaining, thrilling and concise as always. Well done boss. Na me dey rush your stories, grin
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by neyohpee: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2018
Well done Apollux. Keep it coming.....
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by rockhillz(m): 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2018
ride on boss
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2018
Unconsciously, the machine logic of the cyborg activated its self preservation subroutine programming, as it felt the human mind was interfering with its survival ratio probability. It joined the two arms together which morphed into a single heavy duty energy cannon even before Dr. Bryant mind will realize it. The muzzle of the energy cannon glowed white at it shot out an energy lance of pure white that hit one of the ADMEC dead center. There was an initial splash as the white energy hit the machine body but the heavy armor plating covering the ADMEC melted in seconds, burning through the underlying wires and circuitry, then through the cockpit, vaporizing the pilot, then blowing through its back. A hole as big as the ADMEC torso was laid bare as the energy beam went off. Large wires, bent pipes and iron parts surrounded the raged hole spewing out smoke. The ADMEC finally crashed to the ground.

The pilot of the second ADMEC who happened to be the female called Icicle, cursed when she saw what happened to the first ADMEC. She quickly unbuckled the belt holding her to the crash seat in the machine’s cockpit, pulled off the helmet and arm gloves controls, hit the chest port control button and was already jumping off the ADMEC when the cyborg’s energy beam hit. It was a repeat of what happened to the first ADMEC. The energy beam burn through the ADMEC, melting metal, wires and plastic, to tear through the back. As soon as the ADMEC fell, the emergency self preservation subroutine went off and Dr. Bryant stared almost with disbelief.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
Icicle didn’t stop but jumped to her feet, climbing over the hot remains of the first ADMEC and headed for an exit out of the place. Just them an amber colored plasma bolt hit her from behind, knocking her off her feet and slamming her heavily to the ground. Only it was a human shaped charred body, all that became of icicle, was what fell on the ground smoking.

The Mole came on still cradling his huge plasma rifle. “She was good for target practice. “ was all he said as he walked between the charred remains of the bodies of those he had engaged. None of the human attackers had escaped. The Mole being just him alone against more than ten opponents didn’t make a difference, the plasma gun did all the work though. He came to stand before the cyborg his eyes turning to look further ahead, seeing that Marvel was still engaged with that monster of a machine.

“You should get going. “ He pulled off the almost spent energy cell for the plasma rifle and replaced it with a fresh one. “You still have a data to retrieve. Don’t worry I will cover your back. “
The cyborg moved out heading for the direction its targeting sensor indicated the main data terminal where the data he came for can be retrieved. Entering the building, they came to a wide foyer where instead of the cyborg heading for one of the lift doors, , he headed for one of the stairs. Just then a door opened and armed men poured out of it firing. Lazer bolts hit the cyborg while the Mole following after ran back and took cover behind an edge. Cyborg’s arms morphed into guns then fired. Some of the attacking men dropped on the ground. Other doors opened and more armed men came out shooting.

Cyborg turned to face the new threat as the Mole looked out of hiding, moving out, he lifted his plasma rifle adding his own shots to that of the cyborg. As the attackers pulled back, the Mole took out a hi-ex frag grenade, lobed it through the door some of the attackers were coming from. There was a loud explosion with cries of pains following. The explosion put a temporal hold on the attacks.
“We don’t have time for this “ the Mole told the cyborg his voice strained with effort. “You can’t afford this delay. Go ahead and get that data, I can hold them here. “

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by neyohpee: 11:36pm On Aug 22, 2018
Whao. I can't wait for you to tell us more about the ion crystal. I don't think Dr Bryant should really panic. His mind could work synergistically with that of the machine. but can't blame the doc, its really weird when the cold logic of the machine kicks in. Machines are all about efficiency, something I think scares Dr Bryant even more.

More updates please. this is definitely the best Sci fi story I've read in a while. I visualize and imagine every scene. its like watching a blockbuster movie
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by tunjilomo(m): 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2018
Things are going too well for Team Marvel and Co.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2018
Sorry for no updates, spam bots had me down. I don't know if it can still allow me update

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Damibiz(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
Damibiz was on break bt he is back...nice work

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.