Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction (67993 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
“Honey you should have allowed us take the public first class space flight like I suggested. “ Mrs. Sharon said as she faced her husband. “That would have been more lively. There we get to attend parties and galas as we travel, mingling with other people. Here we are just by our selves with few security guards that are little more than statues and flight attendants whose only words to us are when we are about to take off and land. “
“We have had this conversations several times, honey and I have explained to you why things had to be done this way. “ the senator said to her. “See I have a personal business to attend to on the planet we are going. I’m supposed to get the result of a certain secret information from an undercover CSC agent which will help produce evidence to start up the trial of the indicted mega corporations that had been put on hold. But I have to cover it all up by traveling as if on vacation. Taking you and the girls along helps my cover story more. And using my private yacht insures our privacy and gives us certain protection. “
“Well the girls aren’t pleased with it. “ Sharon said as she turned her face to at the flight attendant heading back to the cockpit. “Neither do I. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
“You and the girls don’t have to but at least it will keep us safe. “ the senator brought out a hand vidphone, activated the screen by touching it. A six inch holo display formed over the small flat device. He entered in the secret security code he was supposed to send that will inform the intelligent informant that he is on his way.
Senator Mattrow Beldwin was beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable. This is more than twenty two hours after he had sent the secret security code still no response. He checked the hand held vidphone again, still no message. Someone should have gotten the code he sent hours ago before landing and should have responded by now setting up a meeting place and pass the information to him.
He was sitting in his room on the 117th penthouse floor of the Casa de placer hotel, one of the luxurious hotels on the planet Puerta del Cielo. The planet was discovered by a group of expeditionary space explorers who stumble upon it. Though the planet has no mineral resources that will attract corporate attention, it was a planet that needed no Terra forming to make it habitable for human. Instead of making it just another colony world, the head of the expedition, who has direct claim to the planet decided to make it a kind of holiday resort planet due to its beauty. The odd name of the planet is due to the nationality of the man who headed the expedition, he was of a Spanish descent. Puerta del Cielo had become one if the best holiday locations in the colony planets where most top corporate executives, senators and highly placed government officials spend their holidays. The planet has close to five hundred magical beaches, for those who love ice skating, there are the ice spires of the northern hemisphere, for the mountain climbers, there are the Oscuro peaks in the southern hemisphere, a mountain range that is more than twenty six thousand meters high at its highest point, more than thrice that of Everest on Earth. There is the Autopista, a tri-continental road race, a tournament organized three times in the planets year for those who crave such things. And there are hundreds of luxurious hotels, expensive but with high class that meets the tastes of their rich clientele.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:48pm On Dec 06, 2017
Looking at the hand vidphone one more time and the blank message screen mocked him yet again. Well he may have to cut his holidays short and probably incur the wrath of his wife and two daughters. Though they complained about him taking them away from earth to a place they haven’t been before. But while the senator has been anxiously waiting for the contact, his wife and daughters have started enjoying every part of the place. Had things gone according to plan, he would have joined the family in the fun but with the way things had gone, he no longer feel safe though he have about twelve armed guards around him.
Well screw his wife’s and daughters’ feelings, he will have to leave tomorrow because he no longer feel safe. There was no way to contact earth for guidance on how else to proceed with the unexpected turn of events seeing that, it was part of he plan that he will not call back to earth under any circumstances in order to maintain the tight security of his main purpose of coming here.
His wife walked in then, putting on a white night robe of fake silk and holding a glass cup with amber colored drink from which she sips.
“You look worried, what seem to be the problem my dear? “ Mrs. Sharon asked her husband.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2017
His initial response was almost a blind panic that maybe his wife maybe unto him. But he got hold of himself and put on a carefree face. “Nothing, just that I’m feeling slightly unsteady, maybe I took a little too much drink. “
“I doubt that honey. “ she came and joined the husband on the settee he was on. “I watched you most of the night, you hardly took more that one cup of drink. ‘
“Well I may have to check with the doctor in the morning. “ The senator said taking a look at the wide sitting room with the pleasant combination of colored lights designed to give those in it a sense of tranquility. “What about the girls? “
“In their rooms, sleeping. The much excitement of the day catching up with them. “ she said laying her head on her husband’s laps as she kept the cup on her hand on a plaswood side stool.
He was thinking about how to break the news to his wife about his intentions to cut short the holiday trip when the vox box on the central table buzzed.
“Yes what is it? “ Senator Mattrow asked knowing it is his security guard that will be making such call.
“Sorry for the disturbing sir, this is Arden speaking. Sir did you order for room service? “ came the sound from the vox box.
Room service? There must be a mix up somewhere. He didn’t order for any room service, he looked questioning at his wife, as she also shook her head in the negative having also heard the question. The total floor of the penthouse was what he rented. While him and his family took most of the rooms, two of the room leading to the entrance were occupied by his security guards, who also watch the passage from the elevator door to the entrance to his accommodation.
He is also sure his daughters didn’t order for room service as they are both asleep and besides this is an odd hour for anyone to be ordering for room service, it’s way too late.
“Arden no, we didn’t order for room service. Tell who ever is asking that there must have been a mix up. “ the senator answered simply.
“Alright sir. “ the vox box went silent.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
Arden spoke into his wrist comm unit. “Meke, tell them none of the senator’s family ordered for anything, so the room service can scram. “
“All right sir, they will be informed. “ Meke’s voice spoke out of the small audio voice unit of the wrist comm.
Arden and all his fellow security team were all putting on black business suit with a white shirt. They are all armed with auto lazer pistols in shoulder holsters all covered by the coat of their suits. He came to join Fard, who was sitting before a display unit showing four holo monitors and going over the security images supplied by the micro cams fixed on all access leading to the senator’s floor. He saw the tiny image of Meke going to the door leading to the lift and speaking into the two-way voxbox grill.
“Sorry ma’am, no room service ordered on this floor, there must have been a mistake. “ Meke spoke through the voxbox to the person in the lift, he was sure it was a woman from the sound of the voice.
As he turned from the locked lift door heading back to join Elis who was standing by the other door, his hand that was on the butt of his pistol dropped down, the lift door behind him slid open. He turned and his lower jaw dropped in surprise. What came out of the lift was a giant of a man with heavy red bushy hair and beards that surround his face. The giant was pushing a hover trolley containing a wide tray with covered stainless bowls and cutlery, wearing the crisp, how be it too tight tuxedo of a room service.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2017
“What the hell? “ was all he could say as the surprise took him. He was sure the room service heard when he said, it is not need and the person he spoke with on the other side was a female. Then who is this giant before him. Before the surprise wore off and his mind can think of the implications of all that is happening, the red haired giant smashed the top of his head with a huge fist almost as large as his head. A loud crack sounded in the passage, as the blow from the giant hit his head suddenly and with such force that the neck bone broke and Meke dropped on the floor lifelessly. Elis hand was already on his holster pulling out the hand gun there. But a shadowed image popped out behind the giant with a lazer pistol already shooting out three red colored beams. They all hit the guard on his chest and he jerked as each beam touch his body, then the gun fell from nerveless fingers as he staggered to the ground.
“Oh damn “ Shouted Arden as he watched the attacks on the holo monitor. “ We are been attacked. Lock the door down with the extra blast armored door. That should keep them back and hold them off a bit before back up comes, I will be going to get the senator and his family. “
He pulled out his gun and was about to head for the back room where the senator was when Fard’s voice stopped him. “ Oh sir I don’t think we will be getting any back up. There is a communication black out here, I can’t call out of this place. “
“Oh shit, they must have activated an electro signal dampener. We are cut off, these guys came prepared. “ Arden quickly ran the possibility of surviving what is about to happen. He has a total of twelve guards which includes him. Two are back with the yacht at the space port, two are watching the sky limo parked at the hotel garage. Eight are here with him but two are lost seeing what happened to them through the monitor. They are just six hands, with nothing but hand guns, which feels very inadequate to him. No way he can call to others outside and ask for support, as there is now a communication black out around them. The new blast door may only delay them for a short while, but that might not be enough.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2017
Well the first thing to do is get the senator and his family to safety. “Fard, you, Miller and Stephanus stay here and keep them back, incase they break through that door. Dannis and Andrew, with me. “
He opened the door and saw the surprised look on the senator’s face. Before the lawmaker could speak, he said. “Sir we are under attack. I will have to get you and your family to safety. “
Arden indicated his colleagues to carry the senator and his wife that just looked up and asking what was happening. One of the guards walked to another part of the penthouse were the girls were sleeping, woke them up and brought them to the central sitting room. Arden directed them all to be taken further back to a part of the penthouse he feels might give them access to the roof. Arden felt extra bad for the loss of communication. He was an undercover agent of the Earthwatch Intelligence Agency, slipped in to the senator’s security detail. He alone among them knows the true nature and importance of the senator’s trip. If he could make a call, CSC agents will be flooding this hotel in less than fifteen minutes. But that advantage has been taken away.
A loud explosion sounded from the direction of the entrance that shook the whole floor. Damn, the attackers seems to have come with heavy duty demo-explosive. That can take out the blast door in less than a minute. Just then he heard the sizzling sounds of lazer fire followed by the death cries of people.
Turning to face the direction the attacks were coming from, with his pistol out and aimed, his two colleagues with him the senator and his family lying prone on the ground. The first thing he saw was the thick smoke from the explosion pouring into the room and causing some level of obstruction. Still with the hazy sight, he saw a slim woman moved into the room, two short auto lazer blasters on her hands. Her skin was as white as ice. Before he could fire, her lazer guns spat red beams that knocked out his colleagues at his side. He returned fire but the woman rolled out of the way, dodging his shorts. Before he could realign his gun for another shot, a giant seem to walk out of the smoke, having something long on his hand. He realized quickly that it is a stun rod that the giant has in his hand openly discharging electrical sparks. As his tried to shoot the giant, he moved with such speed impossible for someone of his bulk to make. With a swing, Arden felt the stun rod hit him with enough force to lift him from the floor and the electrical discharge from the rod shock him and fried all the nerves along his back side. He was already paralyzed before he hit the ground.
As his eyes started to cloud over, he saw the giant slowly walking towards the senator and his family, and hearing the fear filled screams of the young girls and their mother.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by itsandi(m): 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2017
Update! Yay! cheesy smiley Read other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

Enjoy smiley
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by JohnGainsville(m): 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
Maybe there is a spy in the Earthwatch Intelligence Agency.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by meneski(m): 11:09am On Dec 08, 2017
Bro God bless you.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
meneski:
Bro God bless you.
Lol, welcome. I have been expecting you here for a while.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by meneski(m): 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
Apollux:

Lol, welcome. I have been expecting you here for a while.
I must say, you are blessed with ideas. But i never read part one sha!
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
meneski:
I must say, you are blessed with ideas. But i never read part one sha!
Go and read part one first, then this part two will make more sense. You will love the part one, lots of actions.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by meneski(m): 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Apollux:

Go and read part one first, then this part two will make more sense. You will love the part one, lots of actions.
Am on it right now... Marvel in the pit and the tail behind him.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
CHAPTER FIVE

The super cruiser Achilles, came in for a landing at a specially designed ship docking platform specifically to handle ships of its mass and bulk. The platform was built on a lonely asteroid at the very outer edge of the Proxima Centauri star system. The asteroid is code named Omiron 09. A huge chunk of floating space rock that is thousands of miles in diameter but devoid of any mineral contents that’s of value. What it has is some hollow spaces at its center that is an ideal sport for someone to build a secret facility. Though Omiron 09 is jointly owned by Iris System Securities, Trans Terra International and SynTech Industries, they didn’t exchange any sort of payment for the acquisition of it and no tax records are available for it because its discovery was kept under tight wrap.
The size of this asteroid is so massive that it can swallow the city of New Haven comfortably. Its secret location is made possible by the massive inertia drive propulsion engines buried within the rocky surface that grants it some manner of movement. It was this that made it possible for the asteroid to be moved out of major and minor shipping route to a location completely hidden. Space is almost infinitely wide, so unless you know where you are going with pin point accuracy and exact coordinate, you will lost. So the chances of anyone stumbling on the lone asteroid is next to none. Apart from stealth, Omiron 09 also has very potent defenses in place. The inertia drive propulsion engines also provide power for the facility on the asteroid, generating a triple layered energy defense shield.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2017
Scattered around the asteroid in an orbital like defense line are the Smart Automated Defense drones (SAD), armed with lazer blasters for close encounters and low yield nuke warheads missiles for long range attacks. On multiple areas on the surface of the asteroid are buried mines of Multi-Explosive Cluster (MEC) bombs. Then on the underground buildings of the facility there are several Pulse Energy Cannons (PEC) that are programmed with smart auto targeting system to engage numerous targets at once.
The docking bay door slide open, Dalmar stepped through surrounded by heavily armed Mobile Corporate Enforcers (MCE), an elite arm of the Mantis police squad of the Elite Mantis Unit (EMU). The Mobile Corporate Enforcers are Mr. Dalmar’s personal special protection detail, totally under his control. They are all putting on the customary black on black uniform of the Mantis police but with high impact armor. And oval shaped reinforced ferroglass armored helmet covering their heads with comm unit, a holo display giving 360° view to the wearer. Each one is carrying a specially designed DEF M1500 auto lazer rifle and the model 7 energy hand gun.
The asteroid facility security in their dark blue and red jumpsuit outfit quickly cleared a part for him and the MCEs following him to a hover limousine that will take him to any part of the asteroid he wants. The limo was surrounded by several other armored air cars in a long motorcade, all filled with the Mobile Corporate Enforcers.
As soon as he got into the limo he spoke into the vox box grill on the armored glass separating him from the driver. “Take me immediately to the R&D block, I want to meet with Jeffrey now. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
Bros I use God take beg u, wen will u release Chronicle of Ghemaria? I am salivating at the prospect of reading a yet another masterpiece of ingenuity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
The limo lifted of the ground on cushioned air for just about three meters above the paved duracrete road. The vehicle was a slick all black one that whisked away on its silent air propulsion engine. The road was cut through thick layers of hard rocks in the belly of the asteroid where the facility was built. There was hardly any traffic on the road except the motorcade following the black limo. Both sides of the road are walls of rocks with few intervals of metal doors having armed guards at their entrances. Few seconds later the limo stopped before a gigantic building in the form of three huge silver colored metallic cylinder shape fused with two cubical ferroglass frames . Watchful armed guards stood by the entrance and others patrolled the perimeter. Dalmar was ushered in to the building and led through a silver colored duralley walk-way. They got to the door of a fast turbo lift. One of the escorts punched in the down arrow button and the lift dropped down with an amazing speed
“Sorry sir for the slight disorientation you may feel, but that is as a result of the high speed at which the lift is moving. R&D center is three miles below the entrance. “ the escort said.
“Do not worry young man, I know all about it. “ Dalmar said but went on further when he saw the shock on the escort’s face, it was obvious the security level of his previous visits are still very high that most people who are residents here don’t know who he is. “I was here when it was built. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
The door drew open automatically as the lift stopped. “Don’t worry I can find my way from here. “ Dalmar said to the escorts then turned to his personal Mobile Corporate Enforcers with him. “You all stay here till I get back, I’ll be fine. “
The lift door closed as he stepped off it leading into a wide room with duracrete floor and titanium alloy walls, huge humming engines covered most of the place connected by thick armored tac cables. Crossing the engines carefully he got to the center of the room having a wide semi-circular table with about twenty holo displays all of various sizes showing both life and abstract images. Some of the holo monitors were showing series of numbers in matrix format running at high speed. There are those showing the microscopic images of DNA strand been read and analyzed by the hyper-computer running everything in the facility. Others show figures too fuzzy for Dalmar to identify from this distance. In the middle of these all is the floating hover power chair of Jeffery Wildwinter, CEO of SynTech Industries.
“Hello Jeffrey, you are busy? “ Dalmar said as he came closer to the hover chair. The appearance of the occupier will never cease to amaze him. His body was so thin because of the disease that is slowly killing him his nose fixed with pipe for Oxygen and body hooked up to the life support engine of the hover chair. He may look like a dying sick paralytic, but Jeffrey have one of the most brilliant scientific mind Dalmar has ever seen. Though the owner of SynTech feels Dalmar with loathing and hatred, yet he has to swallow his feelings of revulsion because fate had made it so that they have to work together on their common goal.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2017
“I always have to be if we are to succeed. “ Jeffery said amidst fits of slow coughs, his voice sounding wizzened and weak.
“Well hope you know you can return back to the public now. I have made sure that charges against us are dropped and the ongoing investigations against both our organizations are put on hold. “ Dalmar said as he walked around the table studying the images on the screens. “Though it was an expensive measure. Several senators, a judge and a top member of Sol System Directorate of Defense all had their accounts fattened. “
“I have been too busy to follow the political trends on earth. “ He turned the floating power chair to face Dalmar. “As per the initial agreement on this venture, you taxed your self with handling the area of politics. Well with the investigation stopping that will give us a little breathing space to speed up our plans. “
Dalmar nodded as he paid careful attention to the details outlined besides some of the images on display. “Hope your organization’s structure can continue seamlessly with your long time absence? “
“That won’t be a problem as there are measures that have been in place for long to handle such situation. But something else might be a problem? “
Dalmar had to turn away from the display and face the quiet stare of his partner. “What will that be? “
“Do you think it was wise breaking into the Afterlife prison, engaging the services of exconvicts into part of our plans? “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2017
Sitting at the edge of the long table close to the power chair and its occupant, Dalmar’s young looking face smiled. “We have to source for cannon fodder operatives from some other place as the fiasco on Nuterra had our hands tied and I can no longer openly use the Mantis police and troopers in an official capacity. “
Dalmar continued. “We are undertaking an elaborate plan and we will need lots of resources. Besides I believe you have received several test subjects to use in the experiments you have been performing. “
“Yes that is correct. But I’m still worried, the risk of exposure is too great and besides they are all inmates at the Afterlife, on death row and had all undergone psychological conditioning. “
“Well the risk of exposure is minimal as measures are in place to keep that from happening. Besides I intend to use most of them as distraction and only few of them will fit in to our major plan. So Jeffrey don’t worry about that. There are more pressing issues that requires our attention. “
“Yes I’m aware of that. “ Jeffery moved his chair to another part of the table as Dalmar followed.
“So what is the update on the remains of our ex colleague? “ Dalmar asked.
“The news is good, though I only recorded a partial success. Come with me. “ Jeffery said as he moved away from the table and headed to another door beyond it. The door acknowledged him through a voice recognition and opened to allow him in. The sign at the top lentil of the door reads “Medlab”. The medlab is a very wide room seeming to extend even further than the one they just left. Lots of medical looking machines were arranged in orderly row. Further inside are metal human sized capsules with glass covers were connected with several thick life support wires and data cables linked to monitoring machines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2017
“The head of Nicolas was already deteriorating before it was enclosed in a med cube. So I wasn’t optimistic about the results I will get. “ Getting before a stainless still cycling of about two and half meters in length, with thin line in the middle showing a locked door, Jeffrey stopped the power chair. “ I was able to have above seventy five percent data recovery from his decaying brain cells by connecting micro thin fibrous silicon tendrils to the cerebral nerves endings . I was also able to keep the head a bit alive till all possible data could be recovered. After that I shift through the multiple layers of data from his brain, deleted the ones that are not important to us, mostly personal memories, and reserve what we will need. The data size is massive so only what is needed should be kept. “
“Well this is hopeful. But do you think everything we will need is among the about seventy-five percent of the data you recovered? “
“I wouldn’t call that a good news if it wasn’t, will I? “ Jeffery turned the power chair to observe Dalmar. “Moreover I have done a brief overview of the recovered data, everything we need is there. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
Moving his chair a bit toward another table with several tubes with colored liquid in them, beakers and smaller medical tools, he crossed it and headed toward a tiny metal cupboard with an out dated security keypad lock. He punched in some security codes on the keypad, a part of the cupboard opened showing a huge glass beaker, cylindrical and sealed. In it is a green colored liquid in which is buried the severed head of Nicolas. The head was hooked up to tubes and wires which seem to have keep the rate of the head’s decay to a stand still.
“Was thinking of keeping the head animated, giving it a kind of pseudo life, at least enough to make it possible for interaction. It won’t really be alive, just animated enough to answer our questions. “ He stopped as he moved to allow Dalmar a view of the head. “It will consume too much power, resources to constantly keep it animated and prevent further decay of the brain cells. So I did the next best thing. “
After taking an intense look at the beaker, he shook his head sadly, for Nicolas had been a valued colleague and almost a friend. “What was the next best thing? “
Jeffery headed to another part of the medlab before responding as Dalmar took slow steps behind him. “I digitized all the information and with advanced algorithms created a personality from the data.” When he got to a small 3D holo projection machine he stopped. “Meet Nicolas 2.0.”
A 3D holo image of a head, made of electronic lights formed of thousands of glowing lines in cyan color came on and an electronic voice accompanied it. “Welcome Mr Dalmar “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by meneski(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
Apollux:
Sitting at the edge of the long table close to the power chair and its occupant, Dalmar’s young looking face smiled. “We have to source for cannon fodder operatives from some other place as the fiasco on Nuterra had our hands tied and I can no longer openly use the Mantis police and troopers in an official capacity. “
Dalmar continued. “We are undertaking an elaborate plan and we will need lots of resources. Besides I believe you have received several test subjects to use in the experiments you have been performing. “
“Yes that is correct. But I’m still worried, the risk of exposure is too great and besides they are all inmates at the Afterlife, on death row and had all undergone psychological conditioning. “
“Well the risk of exposure is minimal as measures are in place to keep that from happening. Besides I intend to use most of them as distraction and only few of them will fit in to our major plan. So Jeffrey don’t worry about that. There are more pressing issues that requires our attention. “
“Yes I’m aware of that. “ Jeffery moved his chair to another part of the table as Dalmar followed.
“So what is the update on the remains of our ex colleague? “ Dalmar asked.
“The news is good, though I only recorded a partial success. Come with me. “ Jeffery said as he moved away from the table and headed to another door beyond it. The door acknowledged him through a voice recognition and opened to allow him in. The sign at the top lentil of the door reads “Medlab”. The medlab is a very wide room seeming to extend even further than the one they just left. Lots of medical looking machines were arranged in orderly row. Further inside are metal human sized capsules with glass covers were connected with several thick life support wires and data cables linked to monitoring machines.

Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by meneski(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
Nicholas 2.0 Apollux you never sieze to awe me. Wehdone sir!
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2017
meneski:
Nicholas 2.0 Apollux you never sieze to awe me. Wehdone sir!
Lol have u finished reading part one
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by meneski(m): 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
Apollux:
Lol have u finished reading part one
Nah! But this one got me glued.
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2017
meneski:
Nah! But this one got me glued.
But you need to read the part one first. Trust me u will love it better than this one
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2017
Standing very still to allow the shock of his surprise to pass. “Now this is unexpected. “
“I had to improvise. “ Jeffery said as he turned the power chair again. “Nicolas is essential to the success of our plans, we never anticipated his demise this early. So this will at least help us retain some if his inputs. “
“How effective will this be? “
“Oh don’t expect a perfect mimicry of the Nicolas, as you know, lots of his brains cells were damaged along with the contents in them.” He turned to face the holo image pointing at it. “It has voice interact programs, instant search and location subroutine. It can replicate most of the abilities of Nicolas in plans and tactics. Also I think it knows a lot of the secrets Nicolas had with him when he died.
“Besides that, I added a tight security measure to its programming that it recognizes only two of us as those it can interact and share its secret with. “
“Ok, what can it tell us at the moment about the TTI tower? I am certain that there are classified data hidden somewhere in that building which if discovered will exposed all our plans “
“Yes Dalmar, I already asked. Lots of classified information are still in the data banks in that building. Though the information are encrypted and highly secured but given enough time and resources, the CSC will be able to hack it. “
“That means we have to see a way of getting in there, retrieving the classified data or destroy it if necessary. “
“ So do you think there is any possibility of getting that done soon enough? “ Jeffery asked.
“Definitely, that is one of the reason the break in to Afterlife became inevitable. “ Dalmar answered with a peculiar look. “Do you think the hologram can tell us the particular place the classified data are kept? “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2017
“Why don’t you ask it and find out? “ as Dalmar hesitated a bit looking at Jeffery with a strange looked, he added. “Don’t worry Dalmar, it doesn’t have a codename. It’s programed to recognize the name of the deceased. “
“Nicolas tell me about the classified data and where they are kept? “ Dalmar asked facing the floating holographic head image.
“ Authentic voice recognition match accepted. Classified data are all stored and secured in files delta one to eight, in vault 09 on sublevel 20 of the Trans Terra tower. Required security access are Iris scan, voice recognition and DNA readings. “ the hologram head of Nicolas said.
“What is the vault material made of? “
“Three foot inch thick of duralley and titanium armor plating. Covered over by laminated ceramic plates to resist heat of up to 2000 kelvin. Then ferrocrete and permalloy 20 inch poles in between the steel platings for extreme sock absorption. “ Replied the image.
“Satisfied? “
“ Of course I am. Nicolas went to extreme measures to hide those data. They must be valuable. All the more reasons to retrieve them. “ Dalmar handed Jeffery a device, not bigger than the regular hand held vidphone. “Here is a data console, copy the full data of this hologram there, I won’t to always be able to interact with it on my own. “
Without a word, Jeffrey took the device and plugged it to a terminus. “So let’s go to other of the projects, which are not so fortunate with their results as this. “
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2017
Jeffery led him to the human sized metal capsules. He indicated four of them kept apart from the rest. “These are test subjects 7 to 10, we were able to retrieve from Agrogen facility before it was raided by the CSC agents. * The other test subjects were already failed experiments and their genetic materials degraded to such an extent that they can’t be recognized, not even under the most advanced microscope. The self destruct preservation designed into each of their cells made it possible for Agrogen and its parent companies be protected from prosecution for illegal use of human in genetic experimentation.
“But these four showed so much promise but still failed. Human cells and genome could not survive the so much splicing and modification I was subjecting them to. The technological advances, though cutting edge, still can’t make that happen. On a microscopic level it worked. Using single cells was perfect but the moment I tried upgrading to complex cellular organism , they all fell apart. “
“ But genetic enhancements and modification had worked on animals, there have been so many of cross breeding and splicing together of animal DNA from earth and other planets and it has worked. So what is the problem with humans? “

*That information is on the early part of the 10th chapter of MARVEL CHRONICLES when Marvel, the Mole, Hardwire and the Cyborg went to rescue Jade from the Agrogen facility. Check it out in part one grin
Re: Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction by Apollux(m): 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2017
“Dalmar, we are not just trying to create a human spliced with the genes of another intelligent being, we want to create super humans . Make them soldiers and weapons. “ Jeffery explained patiently. “I started with the genetic reconfiguration, splicing and grafting. None of the human cells accepted the change. Then I left that and tried the psychological impact of making a superhuman from a regular person, one hundred percent of all the test subjects rejected it. Here they are, all deceased. “
Jeffery directed Dalmar to look through the glass into the capsules. Dalmar took some peeks at the four capsules, came back with a grimace. “These are highly unfortunate results. “
“Yes but not outright failures. All the results from my experiments are kept. We may not be able to create superhuman soldiers for now but in the nearest future… who can tell? “ Jeffery said with a cocky smile ending with slight coughs.
“So what about mechanical soldiers? “

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Strings And Webs / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers / As Deep As The Sea - A Fictional Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.