Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony (4478 Views)

Suggest A Name For My Baby Girl: The Naming Ceremony Of My Baby Is Tomorrow / I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. / Naming Ceremony Of Nigerian Quintuplets (5 Babies) In FCT Abuja In Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by SoftP(m): 11:42am On May 03, 2017
Hello guys' my baby's naming is in few dayz time' Tuesday next week precisely' really confuse on what refreshment to use. I use to have ideas before now, but seems the brain is too occupied to remember any... pls, any idea on what to prepair or use as item 7? I need something that wouldnt give much stress to prepair or serve' that wont mess up my environment... pls, ideas are welcomed... drinks will definately go with it... Thanks
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by baby124: 12:31pm On May 03, 2017
Jollof rice, plantain and meat for sure. Then you can choose like two kinds of soup and two kinds of swallow. Depending on you and your husband's tribe. Congratulations
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by magnificientzaz(f): 2:08pm On May 03, 2017
You can get someone to make snacks (meatpie or eggroll), wrap in a nylon with any soft drink.
That is if u are not from the west cos I know naming ceremony is a very important celebration for the yorubas
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by Marvel1206: 2:58pm On May 03, 2017
baby124:
Jollof rice, plantain and meat for sure. Then you can choose like two kinds of soup and two kinds of swallow. Depending on you and your husband's tribe. Congratulations
I go with this.
Jellof rice with meat. Goat, chicken or Panla -Depends on ur budget

Buy crates of maltina, Can malt can mess up ur environment
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by Acidosis(m): 3:22pm On May 03, 2017
Place orders for small chops (packaged) and malt (bottle). That's what I will do to keep my environment clean.

That Yorubas love parties doesn't mean you should spend the whole of the week washing and sweeping food particles and all kinds of draw soup.

2 Likes

Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by sisisioge: 3:36pm On May 03, 2017
Acidosis:
Place orders for small chops (packaged) and malt (bottle). That's what I will do to keep my environment clean.

That Yorubas love parties doesn't mean you should spend the whole of the week washing and sweeping food particles and all kinds of draw soup.

Acid baby, its not a bad idea o. But my Grandma no go fit eat am. Why not package Jollofrice and its accomplices in a party pack and hand it out on their way out.

That will help control time sef. Everything will be done within an hour grin grin

Have you heard that my BF proposed to Adesua? Yeah, my Olubankole Wellington. Na so I see am o cry

OP, congrats on your new baby o...may God bless the family all together.
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by Acidosis(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2017
sisisioge:

Acid baby, its not a bad idea o. But my Grandma no go fit eat am. Why not package Jollofrice and its accomplices in a party pack and hand it out on their way out.

That will help control time sef. Everything will be done within an hour grin grin

Have you heard that my BF proposed to Adesua? Yeah, my Olubankole Wellington. Na so I see am o cry

OP, congrats on your new baby o...may God bless the family all together

Chai! Oga Banky na your boyfriend? Ehya, sorryyyy

Your own Olubankole Wellington Darlington will show his face soon

Packaged jollof is another good idea sha
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by sisisioge: 3:50pm On May 03, 2017
Acidosis:

Chai! Oga Banky na your boyfriend? Ehya, sorryyyy

Your own Olubankole Wellington Darlington will show his face soon

Packaged jollof is another good idea sha

Is that a sneer? I love that man! With all of my heart! Show some sympathy dude! embarassed
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by Acidosis(m): 3:53pm On May 03, 2017
sisisioge:

Is that a sneer? I love that man! With all of my heart! Show some sympathy dude! embarassed

but he's taken sad sad sad sad sad
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by sisisioge: 3:55pm On May 03, 2017
Acidosis:

but he's taken sad sad sad sad sad

cry cry cry cry that's why I haven't been able to eat o.
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by Acidosis(m): 3:58pm On May 03, 2017
sisisioge:

cry cry cry cry that's why I haven't been able to eat o.
grin grin grin
I can assist you with the eating part
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by sisisioge: 4:02pm On May 03, 2017
Acidosis:

grin grin grin

I can assist you with the eating part

I see you aren't gonna be nice...would just lick my wound with others then. Thanks for nothing undecided
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by Acidosis(m): 4:08pm On May 03, 2017
sisisioge:

I see you aren't gonna be nice...would just lick my wound with others then. Thanks for nothing undecided

You sure will get over it cheesy
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by SirVintageCock: 4:37pm On May 03, 2017
This is how they derail people's thread. Feel like shooting some birds now

3 Likes

Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by sisisioge: 5:12pm On May 03, 2017
SirVintageCock:
This is how they derail people's thread. Feel like shooting some birds now

grin grin

Agbaya...I'm so sorry. I sincerely apologize.

I think Jollofrice and its accomplices is the way to go. If there is excess money, Semo and Amala can go with Eforiro and Egusi. Fish, chicken and meat for garnishing. Malt, soda and juice for drinks. If the Father and Mother have some friends who can't deal no alcohol, then a few cans of Smirnoff and the other poissons will be fine. Of course, some spirits won't be bad too. May God bless our baby. cheesy
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 03, 2017
SoftP:
Hello guys' my baby's naming is in few dayz time' Tuesday next week precisely' really confuse on what refreshment to use. I use to have ideas before now, but seems the brain is too occupied to remember any... pls, any idea on what to prepair or use as item 7? I need something that wouldnt give much stress to prepair or serve' that wont mess up my environment... pls, ideas are welcomed... drinks will definately go with it... Thanks

Congratulations!

You've gotten some great ideas here on this thread. Just tweak them in line with your budget and your expected audience

LOL @ your brain being too occupied to remember anything.

Is this your first baby? Relax, na initial velocity. You'll be OK.

GOD bless you and your family
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by treasuredkids(f): 11:03am On May 06, 2017
Congrats op on this wonderful blessing and addition to the family.
Great ideas have been given so far on what to prepare. If in case u need the services of a cook/caterer for your occasion, do give me a beep @08035224812. You are guaranteed of getting the best of services within your budget. Also fear not, cos hygiene and cleanliness is of utmost importance to me and my crew.
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by MissIndependent(f): 5:16pm On May 06, 2017
sisisioge:

Why are you always fond of derailing threads? Are you that jobless in this lovely life?
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by sisisioge: 5:21pm On May 06, 2017
MissIndependent:
Why are you always fond of derailing threads? Are you that jobless in this lovely life?

Oh lordy! I've got another crafan! shocked shocked
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by MissIndependent(f): 5:24pm On May 06, 2017
^ undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: HELP' I Need Ideas On What To Prepare For Naming Ceremony by SoftP(m): 7:08am On May 10, 2017
Thanks guys' really appreciate all your ideas and contribution... the naming was successful' i ended up frying turkey and drinks' did some fish sauce(okporoko) and gizzard sauce.. i ensured it goes round and am sure everyone had it surplus... my house wasn't really messed up' it was all fun.... thanks for the love

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is It Appropriate To Call My Elder Brother's Wife By Her Name. / "You Look Sexy" Is An Insult / Please Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.