Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua (8142 Views)

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar / Turai Yaradua Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Where Is Hajiya Turai Yaradua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by nansng: 1:14pm On May 03, 2017
Hajiya Turai Umaru Musa Yar’adua has revealed how her husband, former President Umaru Musa Yar’adua once told her that his relatives would quarrel with her after his death as they would think he had left so much money.

The former first lady who spoke at a memorial lecture in honour of the late president in Katsina at the weekend, also said “the late Yar’adua was not a materialist leader who believed in accumulating wealth. In fact, he shunned material things as his slogan was service to humanity.

“There was a time he said to me that ‘Turai, I pity you because when I die you will have quarrels with my relatives because they will think I have so much money in my possession”, she said.

She said the situation in Nigeria would have been better had the late president survived his ailment because he was a “focused, committed and determined leader”.

“Although my husband was sick for a long time he did his very best for Nigeria. Also as governor of Katsina State, he did his best for the state; he is an honest man who believed in service”, she said.

Extolling his virtues as a leader, Turai said the late President would not give out contract without having the money to pay for it.

“There was a time I approached him that people are complaining that the government was slow. But he said to me people can say whatever they like but I will not give out contract if I have no money to pay.

“The late Umaru was a kind of leader that would go out and monitor projects. I could recall when I used to join him to supervise the projects at Umaru Musa ‘Yar’adua University, Turai ‘Yar’adua Hospital and the roads,” she said.

http://spynigeria.com/2017/05/03/what-my-husband-told-me-about-nigeria-before-his-death-turai-yaradua/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by kinibigdeal(m): 1:24pm On May 03, 2017
Yaruadua was far better than PMB. They aint mate when it comes to integrity

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Igboesika: 1:28pm On May 03, 2017
Yaradua was loved by all , Igbos, hausas, and Yorubas.
Why is Buhari hated? , because not only that he's a religious and tribal bigot, but because he's also blood sucking murderer, terrorist and sadist. Shame on you Buhari, you have nothing to offer Nigerians but terrorism and misery.

The funniest part of it is that some miserable jobless f00ls who lack basic amenities in life and facing one form of difficulty or the other which the govt denied them are the ones supporting him on this forum despite their tribulations, Smh. This is zombiesm @ its peak.

Rip Yaradua, we all miss you.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Mophasa(m): 1:28pm On May 03, 2017
The best president we never had

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 03, 2017
Now where is lalasticlala sef..come and complete the story

First - Aisha Buhari has spoken
Second - Tura'i Yar'Adua is speaking

I miss Late Umaru Musa Yar'Adua...Nigeria's finest from PDP before Ebelechukwu Jonathan finally buried the party grin

5 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by GloriaNinja(f): 1:29pm On May 03, 2017
YAR'ADUA SET A GOOD EXAMPLE BEFORE HE DIED, HE WASN'T LIKE THE CURRENT POLITHIEFIANS WE HAVE NOW.

16 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Heavance(m): 1:29pm On May 03, 2017
The only one that reduced fuel price from #75 to #65, still far better than ......................

11 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by AngelicBeing: 1:35pm On May 03, 2017
[s]
post=56167545:
Hajiya Turai Umaru Musa Yar’adua has revealed how her husband, former President Umaru Musa Yar’adua once told her that his relatives would quarrel with her after his death as they would think he had left so much money.

The former first lady who spoke at a memorial lecture in honour of the late president in Katsina at the weekend, also said “the late Yar’adua was not a materialist leader who believed in accumulating wealth. In fact, he shunned material things as his slogan was service to humanity.

“There was a time he said to me that ‘Turai, I pity you because when I die you will have quarrels with my relatives because they will think I have so much money in my possession”, she said.

She said the situation in Nigeria would have been better had the late president survived his ailment because he was a “focused, committed and determined leader”.

“Although my husband was sick for a long time he did his very best for Nigeria. Also as governor of Katsina State, he did his best for the state; he is an honest man who believed in service”, she said.

Extolling his virtues as a leader, Turai said the late President would not give out contract without having the money to pay for it.

“There was a time I approached him that people are complaining that the government was slow. But he said to me people can say whatever they like but I will not give out contract if I have no money to pay.

“The late Umaru was a kind of leader that would go out and monitor projects. I could recall when I used to join him to supervise the projects at Umaru Musa ‘Yar’adua University, Turai ‘Yar’adua Hospital and the roads,” she said.

http://spynigeria.com/2017/05/03/what-my-husband-told-me-about-nigeria-before-his-death-turai-yaradua/

[/s].

Use post, nonsense, who cares angry

1 Like

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by paschal47(m): 1:36pm On May 03, 2017
when is Aisha buhari coming out to tell us what her husband said before his death because I believe that man is long gone

#whereisthepresident

4 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by nkwuocha: 1:42pm On May 03, 2017
Yar Adua is one ex President I admire. Not this unrepentant bigot we have now. angry

13 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Alanzazani: 1:53pm On May 03, 2017
The president that believed in the rule of law. We all loved him. We should do right in the sight of God and man for posterity sake

8 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by temitemi1(m): 1:59pm On May 03, 2017
still looking for those hypocrites calling for his resignation when he was sick..

10 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by igbozionism(m): 2:16pm On May 03, 2017
lol, always shifting goal post

12 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Marvel1206: 2:21pm On May 03, 2017
AngelicBeing:
[s][/s].

Use post, nonsense, who cares angry

1 Like

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by AngelicBeing: 2:24pm On May 03, 2017
[s][quote author=Marvel1206 post=56169547][/quote][/s] Lie down, oya olokpa flog sense into these kid so that his brain will be formatted properly, he is hungry now because APC has refused to give him 5000 Naira wink

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by SalamRushdie: 2:24pm On May 03, 2017
Now this is a man of integrity and not this Buhari that's is a liar , killer and very dishonest

6 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Marvel1206: 2:25pm On May 03, 2017
AngelicBeing:
[s][/s] Lie down, oya olokpa flog sense into these kid so that his brain will be formatted properly, he is hungry now because APC has refused to give him 5000 Naira wink

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by NOC1(m): 2:27pm On May 03, 2017
The only reason why Igbos hate Buhari is because of the role he played in the civil war.
Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Marvel1206: 2:32pm On May 03, 2017
AngelicBeing:
[s][/s].

My last response to you kid, once you are out from rehab you can engage me further, meanwhile, take all your bipolar drugs and buzz of to the lagoon and end your miserable hunger infested life, nonsense wink wink

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by abumeinben(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2017
Turai said the late President would not give out contract without having the money to pay for it.

Exactly.

It's like a hidden trap in hope.
Why would a president approve a project when the money is not cooked yet? Simple reason we had so many abandoned projects be his tenure.
Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by AngelicBeing: 2:37pm On May 03, 2017
Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by ProWalker: 2:39pm On May 03, 2017
Igboesika:
Yaradua was loved by all , Igbo, hausa and Yoruba.
Why is Buhari hated? , [s]because not only that he's a religious and tribal bigot, but because he's also blood sucking murderer, terrorist and sadist. Shame on you Buhari, you have nothing to offer Nigerians but terrorism and misery.[/s]

The funniest part of it is that some miserable jobless f00ls who lack basic amenities in life and facing one form of difficulty or the other which the govt denied them are the ones supporting him on this forum despite their tribulations, Smh. This is zombiesm @ its peak.

Rip Yaradua, we all miss you.

You lied!!1
The hate is actually for the single reason that he contested against and defeated your preferred candidate and also his insinuation that you were irrelevant to his success. (5%)
Any other reason is after thought to justify the continuous hatred

5 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by ProWalker: 2:43pm On May 03, 2017
igbozionism:
[s]the only northern leader I loved. some people say that Igbo's hate everybody and anything north but this man was loved by Igbo's simply because he was good and just. thesame can't be said of the dead vegetable in aso rock because he is an extremist and murderer. you see, Igbo's are the kind of people that stand on justice and against oppression. we hate buhari because he is unjust and evil. his leadership style says it al[/s]l

Lies!!
If he has contested against Jonathan under same circumstances, you would have showered him with the same hate you are showering PMB.
The hate have to do with your support and love for GEJ.

1 Like

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by igbozionism(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2017
ProWalker:

Lies!!
If he has contested against Jonathan under same circumstances, you would have showered him with the same hate you are showering PMB.
The hate have to do with your support and love for GEJ.

that is trash. when buhari first contested he used an Igbo man as his running mate but Igbo's rejected him. was that during gej era?

5 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by ProWalker: 2:58pm On May 03, 2017
igbozionism:

that is trash. when buhari first contested he used an Igbo man as his running mate but Igbo's rejected him. was that during gej era?

You rejected him not because you hated him them, you rejected him because you votes for party in power.
Now you hates and rejected him this time because he contested against your Hero
The narratives are quiet different and stop trying to be clever.

2 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 03, 2017
IN NIGERIA AFTER LOCAL GOV-GOVERNOR-HOSE OF REPS OR ASSEMBLY-NATIONAL ASSEMBLY-PRESIDENT..... STILL BE COLLECTING ALL THE RETIREMENT SALARY......#ISPITONNIGERIA
Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by OreMI22: 3:01pm On May 03, 2017
nansng:

I totally agree with Turai.
President Umaru Yar'adua was a dedicated God fearing leader who wanted the whole country to develop. But the satan fighting Nigeria took his life.

2 Likes

Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by Zizicardo(f): 3:09pm On May 03, 2017
may Allah rest his soul
Re: What My Husband Told Me About Nigeria Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by ican2020: 3:11pm On May 03, 2017
He is like Buhari, both are very tribalistic

We forget history so soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Herdsmen Willing To Pay Tax In Support Of Grazing Reserves - Min. Of Agriculture / Bayelsa Spends N6 Billion Annually On Political Appointees – Gov. Dickson / National Convention: Fresh Crisis Hits South West PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.