Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land (37936 Views)

Meet 50 Obas Who Rule Lagos With Oba Rilwan Akiolu / Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Palace On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 4:17pm On May 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Revisionist.

The problem with us is we refuse to accept history and so are smothered by our ignorance. Even the Oba of Lagos, custodian of the tradition and culture acknowledges his origins. Who then are you ? For your information, we are only setting the record straight. The Edo people do not wish to reclaim the land.

What if the Oba comes out to debunk the report as false which I am sure he will do, what will you say?

Documented history is all we can hold onto here for the best source of information.

Can Edos even dare reclaim the land

12 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 03, 2017
This is interesting. Benin influence and might, pre European incursion into Nigeria, reach far and wide. In Igbo land, Benin influence is heavily felt, hence the popular phrase, 'Ado'ni Idu'.
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by DrGoodman: 4:27pm On May 03, 2017
The Oba VI's right, Lagos is not Yoruba. Do you see any brown roof there? grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Omofunaab2: 4:34pm On May 03, 2017
post=56172040:

Yorubas are land grabbers, Aworis and Eguns are not Yoruba

Yes ,aworis are from Onitsha

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 03, 2017
This topic,in my opinion,is front page worthy. Who else is in concurrence with my point of view? P.S. Too bad certain elements who have no business discussing history have pounced on it.

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Basic123: 4:52pm On May 03, 2017
post=56172040:

Yorubas are land grabbers, Aworis and Eguns are not Yoruba
lolz,even non yorubas know the problem of you guys..Are you now happy?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Newmanluckyman(m): 5:00pm On May 03, 2017
... This is a no small revelation.

11 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 03, 2017
Why do people like to distort history? How can somebody come out to say that the Binis are ibos? Doesn't that make a mockery of that persons education? You see why I have often been of the opinion that this noble field called history is meant for sane and mature minds only? Get it this once,the Binis and edoid peoples are a DISTINCT ethnic group in every sense of that word.

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by juman(m): 5:06pm On May 03, 2017
Tales by moon light. grin

Even he is king of a tiny piece of place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 03, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Why do people like to distort history? How can somebody come out to say that the Binis are ibos? Doesn't that make a mockery of that persons education? You see why I have often been of the opinion that this noble field called history is meant for sane and mature minds only? Get it this once,the Binis and edoid peoples are a DISTINCT ethnic group in every sense of that word.
Who said that the Binis are Igbos? Who ever said that might be trying to be mischievous, may be to incite tribal bashing. Igbos are not Binis, Pleassssss sad

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2017
VirginFinder:

That's why you need to be a reader. I didnt have to be there to know the history. Ever seen the Lagos Island dynasty chart before?

The Oba will soon deny the report. He dare not spew such bunkum.
Abeg enough with this ur historical HIGIHAGA before I vex.. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by VirginFinder: 5:35pm On May 03, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Abeg enough with this ur historical HIGIHAGA before I vex.. lipsrsealed

Historical facts are what I've posted here.

The Oba himself admitted in an interview some years ago the Lagos Island monarchy is part Yoruba (paternal) and part Bini (maternal)

Now go and hug transformer

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 5:48pm On May 03, 2017
VirginFinder:

The Oba himself admitted in an interview some years ago the Lagos Island monarchy is part Yoruba (paternal) and part Bini (maternal)

And he now made it clear to you and ur likes hearing that we are binis..Pls dont be a land grabber,u betta face ur oni and ur imperial state osun ad free lagos. angry Now do urself a big favour kindly look for the nearest lagoon close to you and take a happy dive.

14 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Basic123: 5:57pm On May 03, 2017
SIRmanjar:

And he now made it clear to you and ur likes hearing that we are binis..Pls dont be a land grabber,u betta face ur oni and ur imperial state osun ad free lagos. angry Now do urself a big favour kindly look for the nearest lagoon close to you and take a happy dive.
Thunder (Amadioha)go fire you and your family if you are not a native of lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by konoplyanka: 6:00pm On May 03, 2017
reportedly?
LMAO. when did people become so dumb to take the trash of an ipob blogger seriously?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by konoplyanka: 6:02pm On May 03, 2017
Eko,oshodi, eti osa are Yoruba named areas
Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by konoplyanka: 6:06pm On May 03, 2017
Oba of Lagos never said this. it's just from a figment of the imagination of one ipob blogger.

where is the video of him saying it. as you can see reportedly in the headline. use your head folks. stop insulting the Oba and let the ipob yoots masturbate over nothing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by konoplyanka: 6:07pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:

keep quiet.... I watched the video on yoytube

post the link or stfu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by beberebe: 6:07pm On May 03, 2017
VirginFinder:

Oshodi means one who does the odd thing/action

Eti Osa means the edge of the lagoon

I am not sure what Eko means.

Always ask when you are not clear.

Binis ruled Lagos briefly. They never founded it neither were they the indigenous settlers.
Even then, they have lost it to the Yorubas forever.

Wake up!

you can go and say that to the oba of lagos

8 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by sod09(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Mr sod u better watch it..My king is not stupid..lagos throne is a bini throne..Lagos can never be under ife..period.
Thank God my oba have made it clear to the historians hear on nairaland,Evry time una go dey tell me say I no Sabi history..I sure say una don hear from the owner of the throne.
did I say he's stupid,I said his stupidity is growing...who are my to call oba of lagoon stupid grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by beberebe: 6:10pm On May 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Lagos will forever belong to the yorubas.

I can see most people don't know the history of Lagos and that's why they are spewing trash above.

You keep looking at lagos only from the angle of who owns the throne of Oba of Lagos.

The oba of Lagos today doesn't have jurisdiction over the entire lagos, his influence lies mainly in isale eko, he can't influence anything in ikorodu, epe, badagry, oshodi, abule egba, ketu etc

The original owners of the oba of Lagos throne are the aworis, the aworis migrated from ile-ife,.the aworis are direct descendants of olofin , one of the sons of oduduwa. The binis don't have any ancestral claim to lagos nor did they ever conquered lagos through a war.

The awori willingly welcomed a bini prince called ado, and accepted to be under the bini rule due to the civil war in the Yoruba nation then I.e they needed protection because they were not strong militarily.

But the bini rule lasted for just three generations or so. And the aworis took over the throne. ..so howcome people are saying modern day lagos belongs to the binis?

What didn't you say epe and ikorodu which is owned by the ijebus also belongs to the binis or oshodi or badagry.

Lagos is the Commonwealth of the Yoruba nation the yoruba culture and language is dominant in Lagos . .we have exclusive rights to it, and we owe nobody any explanation

you can quietly walk up to the oba of Lagos and say that.....LoL....

Don't go back to your Oshogbo village and develop it...keep claiming Lagos.......

can you tell me the meaning of gbabiabamila...

14 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by beberebe: 6:16pm On May 03, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Yes ,aworis are from Onitsha

Land grabbing afonjas....

do you see any brown roof in Lagos?

better tin da hungry afonja.....

I will always say it.....The day afonjas will want or even try to claim ownership of Lagos..that will be the end of Lagos...because the real owners will come for it....

Bini will come for it...

Danfodio children will come for it...

Even ijaws will come for it...

I will advice afonjas to thread softly...please

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by Guestlander: 6:19pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:

you can go and say that to the oba of lagos

Some family bear Oshodi as their last name in Ekiti, Eti Osa in simple Yoruba means the bank of the lagoon. I don't think the Oba of Lagos though an oddball would write all these things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by beberebe: 6:20pm On May 03, 2017
VirginFinder:

You should be the one to hug transformer....

leaving your Oshogbo village to come and claim Lagos...

can you see any brown roof in Lagos?

are Lagos indigenes ugly?....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by konoplyanka: 6:21pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:

you can quietly walk up to the oba of Lagos and say that.....LoL....

Don't go back to your Oshogbo village and develop it...keep claiming Lagos.......

can you tell me the meaning of gbabiabamila...
what has gambiadini got to do with the discussion? what's the meaning?

the Benin may try as much as they like, but they are still Yoruba. look at names like ojo, Aina,Ajayi, Oba etc in their names and tell me who owns those names. even oshodi iyeoba and the likes. I just laugh at their stupidity. I don't blame them though it's all politics. you want to gain relevance by pulling yourself out of a larger group. look at the king of Ijebu spewing his own version the other time and Oba akinruntan the other day. if I become the Oba of owo I may even rewrite my own history and claim owo is not Yoruba just to see my self gain political relevance, it's all allowed.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by konoplyanka: 6:23pm On May 03, 2017
beberebe:

You should be the one to hug transformer....

leaving your Oshogbo village to come and claim Lagos...

can you see any brown roof in Lagos?

are Lagos indigenes ugly?....

are lagos indigenes carnibals? do they do drugs?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by beberebe: 6:46pm On May 03, 2017
konoplyanka:
are lagos indigenes carnibals? do they do drugs?
still better and far better than ritual killing and skull mining..

10 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by beberebe: 6:48pm On May 03, 2017
konoplyanka:

what has gambiadini got to do with the discussion? what's the meaning?

the Benin may try as much as they like, but they are still Yoruba. look at names like ojo, Aina,Ajayi, Oba etc in their names and tell me who owns those names. even oshodi iyeoba and the likes. I just laugh at their stupidity. I don't blame them though it's all politics. you want to gain relevance by pulling yourself out of a larger group. look at the king of Ijebu spewing his own version the other time and Oba akinruntan the other day. if I become the Oba of owo I may even rewrite my own history and claim owo is not Yoruba just to see my self gain political relevance, it's all allowed.

OK...we have heard....But you should quietly go and tell that to the oba...

5 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by bolayei: 6:55pm On May 03, 2017
Awori is not yoruba, egun is not yoruba and the binis are not yorubas, so how is lagos yoruba land? Lagos wasn't even part of western region.

9 Likes

Re: Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land by SIRmanjar(m): 7:25pm On May 03, 2017
bolayei:
Awori is not yoruba, egun is not yoruba and the binis are not yorubas, so how is lagos yoruba land? Lagos wasn't even part of western region.
GOD bless u man..The Aworis ad other indegenes of lagos are not Yorubas but yoruba culture influenced them that's why they speak yoruba.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Anambra Man's Corpse Abandoned In Taraba For Not Being Member Of Igbo Union (Pic / Elizabeth Odunlami: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Denies Marriage Promise / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Keeping Fit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.