Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms (17586 Views)

Motion To Scrap Outsourcing Firms In Nigeria / Do Outsourcing Firms Recruit Full Staffs In Banks? / Nigerian Immigration Service Vs Nigerian Customs Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Topmaike007(m): 7:51am On May 04, 2017
Na only computer guru the guy go employ joor,I trust mark he can only do what will benefit him.but kudos to him sha
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by adadadon(m): 7:54am On May 04, 2017
Interesting
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Nobody: 8:09am On May 04, 2017
nuce
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by xhamm18land(m): 8:11am On May 04, 2017
Just Observing
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Giannakopoulos(f): 8:14am On May 04, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
I hate outsourcing firms, they make the contracted staff look like slaves. How can a company be paying #200k and the outsourcing firm would slash the money by more than half and be paying you around #70k, is that not wickedness?
I don't agree totally with you. The company needs outsourcing firms first because they want to pay a lesser amount to some staff compared to that of a full staff(ie minimize cost to increase ROI) and also do not want to pass through financial stress of sourcing for the right candidate, interviews and documentation.Outsourcing firms being your employer and your manager has to get a percentage for their job as well & the percentage is not as big as you feel. So in all, the Company benefits most, the Outsourcing firms are doing their jobs based on the terms of agreement and the candidates have an option of not taking the job if they feel they are cheated. I hope this is helpful.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by neocortex: 8:16am On May 04, 2017
Facebook will never engage individuals because of the stress involve,
they prefer to work with agencies.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by TerrorSquad147: 8:23am On May 04, 2017
Giannakopoulos:
I don't agree totally with you. The company needs outsourcing firms first because they want to pay a lesser amount to some staff compared to that of a full staff(ie minimize cost to increase ROI) and also do not want to pass through financial stress of sourcing for the right candidate, interviews and documentation.Outsourcing firms being your employer and your manager has to get a percentage for their job as well & the percentage is not as big as you feel. I hope this is helpful.
I understand you, but concerning that percentage ish, trust me I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Giannakopoulos(f): 8:28am On May 04, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
I understand you, but concerning that percentage ish, trust me I know what I'm talking about.
Do you think the Company that gives the contract to the outsourcing firms would allow an outrageous cut in staff salary. Everything is agreed by the company and the outsourcing firm and the company being the client in my opinion has the better say. Outsourcing firms can't slash salaries on their own.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by manikspears: 8:29am On May 04, 2017
Interesting15:

You thought this issue is one you joke with?
Don't mind all these mumu wey still dey write jamb and feel they can chuck mouth when adults are talking. I bet they don't understand the post and don't know what is at stake.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by manikspears: 8:33am On May 04, 2017
Giannakopoulos:
Do you think the Company that gives the contract to the outsourcing firms would allow an outrageous cut in staff salary. Everything is agreed by the company and the outsourcing firm and the company being the client in my opinion has the better say. Outsourcing firms can't slash salaries on their own.
Nope ,they don't discuss the issue of the workers.and yes outsourcing companys dupe you of a large percent from your money.

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by TerrorSquad147: 8:35am On May 04, 2017
Giannakopoulos:
I once worked with a company that provides security services, before the operatives (guards) are being paid, the company removes about 60-65% of the money paid by the people they're rendering the service to.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by manikspears: 8:38am On May 04, 2017
Giannakopoulos:
I don't agree totally with you. The company needs outsourcing firms first because they want to pay a lesser amount to some staff compared to that of a full staff(ie minimize cost to increase ROI) and also do not want to pass through financial stress of sourcing for the right candidate, interviews and documentation.Outsourcing firms being your employer and your manager has to get a percentage for their job as well & the percentage is not as big as you feel. So in all, the Company benefits most, the Outsourcing firms are doing their jobs based on the terms of agreement and the candidates have an option of not taking the job if they feel they are cheated. I hope this is helpful.
Do you work or own an outsourcing firm?bro for you to totally enjoy what you sow you don't need an outsourcing firm.how much do real bankers get and how much do contract staffs get?let alone the level they can get to.abeg don't defend what is not.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Giannakopoulos(f): 8:42am On May 04, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
I once worked with a company that provides security services, before the operatives (guards) are being paid, the company removes about 60-65% of the money paid by the people they're rendering the service to.
Well,before an outsourcing firm gets a contract,they make proposal to the company and that proposal contains everything(welfare,percentage to be taken etc) so if they slash such a percentage you mentioned which I doubt, you should blame the the company for accepting such terrible terms and not really blaming the outsourcing firms.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Giannakopoulos(f): 8:43am On May 04, 2017
manikspears:

Do you work or own an outsourcing firm?bro for you to totally enjoy what you sow you don't need an outsourcing firm.how much do real bankers get and how much do contract staffs get?let alone the level they can get to.abeg don't defend what is not.
I have had a proposal from an outsourcing firm before saying based on what I saw in it & not defending them.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by anitapreeti(f): 9:05am On May 04, 2017
Interesting15:

You thought this issue is one you joke with?

Uncle carry it on ya head then.
Different strokes for different folks cool
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Nobody: 11:32am On May 04, 2017
The main problem is every Nigerian wants to be a billionaire...running enterprises without real value to the society. its not that these enterprises will directly create jobs neither are there innovations and technological advancements, no, it will only extort from the lesser class. why outsource Human resource, why outsource maintenance. many would say to cut cost but in the long run its no cost cutting, it is only a few individuals sharing the money. Why Nigeria is still like this is because the gap between the rich and the poor is so large and it will take decades to cover this gap.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Nobody: 11:42am On May 04, 2017
Giannakopoulos:
Well,before an outsourcing firm gets a contract,they make proposal to the company and that proposal contains everything(welfare,percentage to be taken etc) so if they slash such a percentage you mentioned which I doubt, you should blame the the company for accepting such terrible terms and not really blaming the outsourcing firms.
The labour law should not let them operate. thats the point. we blame politicians for corruption, isnt this some form of corruption. many will say its business
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Giannakopoulos(f): 11:53am On May 04, 2017
majekdom2:
The labour law should not let them operate. thats the point. we blame politicians for corruption, isnt this some form of corruption. many will say its business
That would take ages BC even in US there are outsourcing firms. The companies that contract them benefits immensely dear.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by chulistik: 12:19pm On May 04, 2017
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by ideology(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2017
hahahahahaha, i have no business with outsourcing firms, I know one that will even take your allowance and salary increase, you will earn the same salary for years, whereas organization had increase your pay with allowance. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

In Nigeria, no regulation, no effective monitoring of labour laws, even if you report to labour, they will visit the company collect bribe and leave.

The best thing is to develop yourself and build your brand, sell yourself to the organizations directly, while keeping one eye on your own business venture.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by Lewandoski20(m): 9:08pm On May 04, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Nigeria doesn't have any biggest slot. Are we the most populous ?
And what has Nigeria successfully destroyed, I mean a global company?

The rest of your points are valid

We destroy ourselves... Just like you just did!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by chulistik: 9:19am On May 05, 2017
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by steve6: 2:12pm On May 05, 2017
So true !
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms by chulistik: 9:40am On May 08, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Total Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Project Engineers / N150k Job In Victoria Island And N70k Job At Berger / General Electric Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.