Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Am I Being Paranoid? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Being Paranoid? (704 Views)

Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? / My Husband’s Neighbor Cooks For Him,am I Being Paranoid? / Is He Just Being Paranoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being Paranoid? by freshgal(f): 8:05pm On May 03, 2017
Hello, pls I need constructive advice. Recently my husband has become quite close with my single neighbour. I didn't really mind till I discovered when he comes home from work he goes straight to her apartment for some time before coming upstairs to our home, most times they come home together or he is outside gisting with her. We don't talk except for occasional hello but he seems to be very close with her now. This isn't the first time we have had issues with his extreme closeness with our single female neighbours.
When he comes home we hardly have any quality time as he is mostly in a bad mood and says he is tired from work. I have two small kids, I Dnt have a job. Pls advice what I shd do next. I don't want to confront her but it's taki ng a toll on our marriage which is already shaky due to repeated rumors of infidelity.
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by lekjons(m): 8:11pm On May 03, 2017
Mehn! I'm really sorry.
A lot must be going through your mind..

Wish I could help.

Maybe you should try and see a marriage counselor.
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by yomi007k(m): 8:11pm On May 03, 2017
Actually ur not being paranoid.

Chances r high dt it is wat it is.

Get busy with ur life...n build ursef, if not.....

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by sisisioge: 8:18pm On May 03, 2017
Wow! Husband fraternizing with neighbors! Didn't his mother teach him not to go into neighbors flats? Whew! You sure have one bone to pick with your mother in-law! What was she doing skipping that vital class!

About your husband...I don't understand that behaviour. I find it unacceptable. You ought to have shown displeasure when he started visiting this neighbor or the former neighbors flats. It is well o.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by mazimee(m): 8:20pm On May 03, 2017
You are not being paranoid dear. His intention may be clean but we can't say the same for a single neighbour and vice versa or their friendship might be genuine but devil use small closeness like that to perfect his plans

Moreover, If this should continue, there are high chances that he might cheat on you with her. He should be close to his wife not the other way round. You should engage him when he is in a good mood and iron this issue out with him. Let him know how this is coming between your home.
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 03, 2017
Communication is one major aspect of our relationship, just let him know what you've noticed.

We men sometimes act like shii.
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by zealblinks(m): 8:26pm On May 03, 2017
My dear sister you need to have patient in large quantity. Explain everything to your pastor, his mother or the most respected person in his family to talk to him. Maybe he would change. And you must be prayerful. Hopefuly things will get back to normal
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by freshgal(f): 8:34pm On May 03, 2017
Hello thanks alot for the advice. You see this isn't the first time this is happening. We moved to a new town 3yrs ago and I had 2 kids during that period so I cdnt work especially since we relocated bcoz of him. To be honest my self esteem became very low I gained weight after my 2 pregnancies and found that he was repeatedly sexting his nurses. I still didn't realise how bad things got till his boss called him and warned him publicly....let me summarize I have recieved threats to warn him to leave the other women as it were. My former single neighbour had a kid. He would send the kid to my flat for me to babysit while he goes out with her. Yes I took all that shit coz I had lost my self esteem. After a year the lady left and another came in the circle continues...I don't know what to,do...I've prayed, cried threatened divorce etc. I feel like a looser.
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 03, 2017
i feel ur pain, is a pity GOD the lord you serve shall put you thru.

it shall be well in ur home i pray any mountain of problem in ur home shall break and level in IJN. i pray .

PEACE IN YOUR HOME FROM HENCEFORTH AMEN
AMEN
AMEN IJN sad
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by yomi007k(m): 8:41pm On May 03, 2017
freshgal:
Hello thanks alot for the advice. You see this isn't the first time this is happening. We moved to a new town 3yrs ago and I had 2 kids during that period so I cdnt work especially since we relocated bcoz of him. To be honest my self esteem became very low I gained weight after my 2 pregnancies and found that he was repeatedly sexting his nurses. I still didn't realise how bad things got till his boss called him and warned him publicly....let me summarize I have recieved threats to warn him to leave the other women as it were. My former single neighbour had a kid. He would send the kid to my flat for me to babysit while he goes out with her. Yes I took all that shit coz I had lost my self esteem. After a year the lady left and another came in the circle continues...I don't know what to,do...I've prayed, cried threatened divorce etc. I feel like a looser.

The painful part is dt u ladies see ds tins from d very start but u feel dey will stop or u will live by d bible- forgive n forget.

Well ur marriage cud be for better or worse. ..n I can keep eating poo forever.

Or u can look for an alternative way to live ur life. Get busy, get a job, separate or get a divorce. ...because I can bet such men r not open to dialogue. ....really unreasonable fellas.
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 03, 2017
SOME HAS CAP-NO HEAD TO PUT IT.
WHY SOME HAS HEAD-NO CAP TO WEAR IT.
I PRAY IF ITS TIME TO GET MARRIED.
LORD PLS GIVE ME A DECENT BEAUTIFUL WELL BEHAVE WOMAN. I THINK YOU ARE A GOOD WOMAN. I KNOW OF SOME BY BROTHERS WIFE WHO USUALLY SHOUT AND DO DIRTY THINGS WIF MY BRO DURING WHAT YOU JUST STATED.

MAY THE LORD BE UR STRENGTH AMEN
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 03, 2017
yomi007k:

The painful part is dt u ladies see ds tins from d very start but u feel dey will stop or u will live by d bible- forgive n forget.

Well ur marriage cud be for better or worse. ..n I can keep eating poo forever.

Or u can look for an alternative way to live ur life. Get busy, get a job, separate or get a divorce. ...because I can bet such men r not open to dialogue. ....really unreasonable fellas.
THAZ A BAD ADVICE. WHY WOULD YOU TELL HER TO LEAVE THE FATHER OF HER CHILDREN. HOPE YOU NO BE THE LADY FOR THE COMPOUND
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by yomi007k(m): 8:52pm On May 03, 2017
TUNSBOYLE:
THAZ A BAD ADVICE. WHY WOULD YOU TELL HER TO LEAVE THE FATHER OF HER CHILDREN. HOPE YOU NO BE THE LADY FOR THE COMPOUND
grin

Yes im d lady.....give her a better advice.

Did dey tell u all marriages wer meant to work out ....be there!
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 03, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

Yes im d lady.....give her a better advice.

Did dey tell u all marriages wer meant to work out ....be there!
U JUST HAD MORE TO WHAT IS HAPPENING TO HER,
INSTEAD OF YOU SOLVING AND GIVING HER GOOD ADVICE ON HOW TO ARRANGE HER HOME AND HAVING HER HUSBAND ALL ATTENTIONS BACK AFTER WORK.
YOU JST STATED LEAVE HIM, DONT LET ME CALL YOU NAMES undecided
Re: Am I Being Paranoid? by ifex370(m): 9:03pm On May 03, 2017
freshgal:

See the only problem emboldened

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Most Annoying Thing Your Mum Has Ever Done To You ? (read Mine Here) / Who Will You Obey! DAD OR PARTNER? / Sos! Please Save A Sister!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.