Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. (13454 Views)

My Battery Drains Considerably When Connected To WIFI / HELP! My Hp G60-235DX Battery Drains Very Fast / Please Help! My Dell Battery Drains Quickly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Coach1: 8:51pm On May 03, 2017
I have been using my HP pavilion g6 for three(3) years now. I decided to change the battery because the old one doesn't last more than 30 minutes.
I have tried four(4) different HP new batteries from different sellers on the system but none ever lasts up to one(1) hour even when left idle. I noticed they follow the same pattern; they decrease arbitrarily.

All the computer gurus in the house, please what should I do? Or what could be the cause?
Am counting on you guys to help me.

NOTE: My system is in its maximum power saving mode. I have also done calibration.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by smartty68(m): 8:59pm On May 03, 2017
Inside battery, battery dey!!!

OP please get an original battery.

A friend also so had the same experience got a new battery that doesn't even last up top 30mins.

8 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Coach1: 9:05pm On May 03, 2017
smartty68:
Inside battery, battery dey!!!

OP please get an original battery.

A friend also so had the same experience got a new battery that doesn't even last up top 30mins.

Does that mean this kind of fault can't be from the system?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by smartty68(m): 9:12pm On May 03, 2017
Coach1:

Does that mean this kind of fault can't be from the system?
Before you replaced the battery, you never had issues with the PC? If yes, I still recommend you get yourself an original battery
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by aril: 8:07am On May 04, 2017
I think you should be aware of the following.

1. You can only get original battery from the manufacturer of the laptop. E.g: Dell, Hp, Asus etc

2. China battery isn't original so no guarantee of how many hour(s) the battery will power you up for.

3. If the battery isn't original is not original so there's nothing as semi-original.

4. Best way to get an original battery is to order from the laptop manufacturer website. You will see where they sell double cell battery or single cell.

5. If you have ample time go to computer village with you laptop buy a follow come battery. Test it there even if u need to spend hours to know how good the battery is.

6. If it is not original then it is China.

7. If you have someone who can assist you to order the battery from Germany ebay u will be wowed.

Aril.....

Coach1:
I have been using my HP pavilion g6 for three(3) years now. I decided to change the battery because the old one doesn't last more than 30 minutes.
I have tried four(4) different HP new batteries from different sellers on the system but none ever lasts up to one(1) hour even when left idle. I noticed they follow the same pattern; they decrease arbitrarily.

All the computer gurus in the house, please what should I do? Or what could be the cause?

NOTE: My system is in its maximum power saving mode. I have also done calibration.

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by veekid(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2017

where the engineers at?
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 10:19am On May 04, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by kabayomi(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2017
[center][/center] shocked
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by tizzdi(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2017
Your ex ryt now

2 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by kolafolabi(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2017
Dispose and get a new one

3 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by divineshare(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2017
AMD most likely, 3years? Sell it off and get and Tokonbo at computer village. (or trade it for another HP/Compaq or Dell.)
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by slinkman(m): 10:20am On May 04, 2017
Make sure your computer isn't set to high performance from your battery options, always set it on power saver or balanced if their is power and or you want to use a power high app. You can never get an original battery in Nigeria, what you will get is either Chinese and this comes as new or U.K. used batteries which are way more better than these Chinese used batteries .
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by DICKtator: 10:20am On May 04, 2017
Check HP website and be sure it isn't one of those that were recalled due to certain issues.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by timilehin007(m): 10:20am On May 04, 2017
Dohh
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by timilehin007(m): 10:21am On May 04, 2017
veekid:

where the engineers at?
they are having a meeting

2 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by osemoses1234(m): 10:21am On May 04, 2017
Buy new laptop
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by DollarAngel(m): 10:21am On May 04, 2017
Visit Computer Village at Ikeja, you will see some aboki carrying sack they buy scrap, sell it to them grin

1 Like

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by goldenceo1: 10:22am On May 04, 2017
Thanks for raising this issue OP. I experience same thing with my HP G6 series. seems like this ba3 draining thing is peculiar to G6. Have bought 2 bar3 from diff states still same issue persist. Funny enough the laptop has turn to TV to me. soon as electricity is off give it 10mins d laptop is off.

Hp G6 sucks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by divineshare(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2017
lol
timilehin007:
they are having a meeting
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by sotall(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2017
For those in Lagos, are you looking for a professional laptop technician to help bring your laptop back to life?

Yes, you have the solution at your disposal. i fix both software and hardware including motherboard issues. Call or whatsapp 08164685979.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Tenim47(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2017
check the. . . . grin
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by obajoey(m): 10:23am On May 04, 2017
I need to replace mine too. Mine is Panasonic sha cheesy
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by teozey111(m): 10:24am On May 04, 2017
ogbeni ur battery cells are dead go get a new battery.....
new one ooo...not the once in computer village

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by oshe11: 10:27am On May 04, 2017
Mine takes years to b fully charged bt minutes to drain

I tink my ba3 n urs r BUHARIC

2 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by obembet(f): 10:27am On May 04, 2017
Just sell the laptop, Use the money to get original battery..

5 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by directonpc(m): 10:30am On May 04, 2017
See https://adiina.com/l/c649
Someone from there might be able to help too.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by bennymark(m): 10:31am On May 04, 2017
hmm

fault is both from battery quality and your system config. no matter how fake, these aba batteries could last up to 3hours

HARD FACT:

you can never get another battery that will last as long as the one you replaced reason being because the ones you bought are not original. you have to order from HP directly (not even a dealership) to get a good battery

HELPFUL TIPS:

- put your system on 'battery saver' mode

- reduce screen brightness to the minimal especially when. running on battery

- multimedia activity drains battery faster

- disable unnecessary apps running in the background (on Windows: open run, type 'msconfig' without the quotation marks, go-to startup apps and disable stuff like Google update, Adobe launcher, etc)

- from battery options, set the screen to go dim after a very short while of inactivity (5mins or less)

just do all you can to get a better performance and stop dreaming of a battery that will last like the one that came with the system.

Good Luck (not GEJ)

Coach1:

3 Likes

Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by MNDY(m): 10:31am On May 04, 2017
You may be unable to get a long-lasting battery. Enter any computer village and ask if it can be boosted.
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Ibrahimndg57(m): 10:31am On May 04, 2017
It can be software problems,
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 10:32am On May 04, 2017
Make order from ebay or aliexpress. You will most likely get an oem battery from those sites.
You could also take the laptop to a good engineer to check for possible faults; overheating, excessive use of CPU by certain applications .....
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by Nobody: 10:32am On May 04, 2017
baba did you ever install windows 7 on your pc within that 3 years? if so, your battery is toast
Re: Help My HP Laptop Drains Battery So Fast. by jowhyte(m): 10:33am On May 04, 2017
If the battery is upto 2-3 yrs and it was bought from any of the computer shops in Nigeria. It's expected just get a new one.

Also get ready to change it after 1-3yrs time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Detailed Review About The Cashnetusa / How Can I Know The Original Laptop When Buyin It / I Need A Project Topic For Computer Engineering Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.