Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,051 members, 7,807,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (8112 Views)

All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:21pm On May 03, 2017
UPDATE (2ND DECEMBER, 2018)
Before you go any further, please note that this story is not complete.

B.F.F

By

Kayode Odusanya

Chapter 1

There was power outage, but every corner of the hostel room had lights coming from opened laptops or smart phones. A metal bunk bed was on each side of the room, with the wall by the entrance door being the only empty one. Wooden lockers about 4 feet high stood parallel to each bunk bed to give the girls privacy from each other.

Angela and Shade had the space by the window, opposite the entrance. With her index finger fiddling with her friend’s jeans loop, Angela stood looking outside the window at the love garden outside Akeelah hall’s parking lot. She had the bottom bunk but spent most of her time on her feet, talking to her friend, or feeding her eyes. Today was a club party night, and there was a lot of human and vehicular traffic at the spherically shaped garden a lot of the college kids had turned to a romantic spot.

Angela was in bum shorts and a jumper, slowly moving to the music coming out of the small transistor radio on top of her locker. Justin Bieber’s Sorry song came on and she broke into a dance routine that had her bent over like she was trying to dodge bullets, while her hands dangled around like she was a puppet being controlled by strings. “Oh! I love this song.” She said enthusiastically.

Shade dropped her phone and sat up in bed, staring at her friend with a smile on her face. “I hope that’s not what you’re wearing for the party?” She said as she rubbed underneath her right eye. Her glasses got crooked, and she put them back in place before picking up her phone when her friend didn’t respond.

“Girl, what you should be concerned about is what you are wearing.” Angela finally replied, still dancing vigorously, with her busty chest jingling as she did so. Shade jumped off the bed, and even though she was just 5ft6, she looked tall standing next to her 5ft2 friend. “Hey, where are you going?” Angela asked her friend and hit her butt as she walked past her. “You need to stop trying to hide that big butt of yours.” Shade ignored her friend and stretched the long t shirt she had on so that it went even lower. “Hey!” Angela shouted out, standing in one spot, with a frown on her face.
“I’m going to get my laptop from Nasir.” Shade said without turning around.
“Oh! Miss Blogger. Don’t tell me you want to write a blog post before we leave?” She said, still standing in one spot. She had stopped dancing now, but she was flicking her long hair here and there with her right hand. “Hey! Wait up!” She shouted out when the door slammed shut after her friend went out the room.

Angela was at the door when she realized what she was wearing, cursed under her breath and ran toward her locker.

………………..

Shade and Angela were complete opposites, and people always wondered why they were friends to begin with. While Angela was the party animal that never had a short supply of male attention, her friend was an introverted girl that was more interested in history, human potential and other things that young adults her age would consider weird. She always helped Angela with classwork, and she was happy to have her around for those odd times like this when she really just wanted to throw caution to the wind and live.

Nasir unplugged her Toshiba laptop from his UPS and handed it over to her with shaky hands. He was a shy kid, and Angela’s presence always made him extra nervous. Shade collected it and thanked him before heading out with her friend. She liked spending time with him because he liked what she liked, and he was safe and predictable. But right now, she knew the real Nasir, like a tortoise, was in his shell. “I don’t understand why you hang out with that dude.” Angela said when they got out of Nasir’s room. Without saying a word, Shade handed her the laptop, and the proceeded to tie up the laptop cod as they walked through the corridors of the boys’ hostel.

When they got outside, darkness had set in, and cars were lined up as far as the eyes could see. “Ooh! It’s gonna be turned up tonight!!!” Angela said and broke into an electric dance with her left hand. She shoved the laptop in her friend’s hand when she realized she was still holding the thing. They were about to cross the road that separated Nasir’s hostel from theirs when a black van pulled up right in front of them.

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EvaJael(f): 9:59pm On May 03, 2017
Am the first here. Kayo80 good job. Will u be my teacher please?

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 10:17pm On May 03, 2017
EvaJael:
Am the first here. Kayo80 good job. Will u be my teacher please?

You are doing good already. The more you write, the better you become. So...all I have to say is...write more. Thanks for the comment.
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Youngtrice(m): 11:43pm On May 08, 2017
Following. Please comman update

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2017
Youngtrice:
Following. Please comman update

Hey, sorry for the late response. I will start updating again this weekend. Thanks for your comment.
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Youngtrice(m): 12:53pm On May 12, 2017
kayo80:

Hey, sorry for the late response. I will start updating again this weekend. Thanks for your comment.
Alright. No problem.

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:05pm On May 13, 2017
Chapter 2

The two girls instinctively took a few steps back and looked at each other. The engine of the van went dead and the driver opened the door. Angela slowly handed Shade the laptop and stretched her neck to get a better view of the person that had gotten out of the car. She hissed when she saw it was Freddy. “You scared us to death.” She said with a frown on her face. The tall and lanky guy walked up in front of them and placed the red cup in his hand on the roof of the car and then proceeded to tie his dreadlocks properly. He picked up the cup, took a sip from it, and then his face cracked into a smile. “Are you girls ready to rock or what?” He said out loud as he grabbed Angela by the waist and drew her in for a kiss.

She pushed him away after a few seconds, caught her breath before saying, “What are you doing here? I thought we were meant to meet at…”
“Plans changed.” He said, cutting her off. He turned to Shade, held her by the waist, and attempted to pull her in, but she spun out of his grasp.
“Where did you get this…this scary looking van from?” Angela said as she walked round the black VW Transporter T5.
“It’s for my uncle. I thought we needed something bigger.” He was saying, but still trying to hold on to Shade.
Freddy was Angela’s boyfriend of two years. People called them the mad couple, and nicknamed Freddy, The Jocker, and Angela, Harley Quinn because of their weird lifestyle. Freddy once drove a length of 500 yards with his car seat reclined all the way back and Angela was cheering him on all the way.

“But it’s just…” She was saying and stopped to check her phone as she leaned on the van. “…7:30, the party isn’t till midnight.”
“Oh, I know how long it takes you to dress up.”
“Hmm! By the way, Shade is coming with us.”
“Wow! Are you for real?” Freddy said with a smile on his face, looking at Shade, who was a few feet away from them with her hands folded, laptop to her chest and the tail end of her laptop cord slowly dangling here and there.
“Yes. She wants to write about the night life in the city.” Angela said and pulled open the van’s sliding door. “Hmm! Nice ride.” She said as she stepped into the VW. “Do you know the venue of the party now?”
“Nope. It is still top secret.”
“Then why did you say plans have changed? I thought you had gotten the venue and we were driving there directly?”
“No.”
“So…So what is the change of plan then?” She said as she slid the van door shut.
“I wanted us to chill at the hotel room for a few hours before the party.” He said and looked at Shade before adding. “Hmm! Maybe we can finally have that ménage à trois I have always been asking for.” Angela punched Freddy’s arm and stood in front of him at akimbo, with a frown on her face.
“Come on! We have to get our money’s worth. I paid $200 for that room.”
“Dollars?”
“Yea, they only accept dollars at the hotel.”
“That’s interesting.” Angela said with a faraway look on her face.
“So what do you say?” He said and winked at Shade.
“In your dreams Freddy.” Angela said and grabbed Shade’s hand. “We’ll be out in about an hour.”

2 Likes

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:00pm On May 14, 2017
Chapter 3

When they were a few feet away from Freddy, Angela pulled Shade close and whispered “how am I going to do it?”
“Do what?” Shade retorted with a quizzical look on her face.
“You know I’m meant to hook up with Wale tonight.” She said and her friend frowned. “Come on Shade! It’s just going to be a onetime thing.” She added.
“Hmm!”
“I just need to get him out of my head.” Angela said in a low voice.
“Hi Angela.” A chubby looking guy in Dashiki said as he walked passed them from the opposite direction.
“Why didn’t you answer him?” Shade inquired from her friend.
“The stupid guy said I look Rita Dominic.”
Shade laughed a little before saying, “Rita Dominic is beautiful.”
“Yea, and she’s also old.”
“So?”
“So? I mean, the dude could have said I looked like Scarlett Johansson or something.” Angela said as she flashed a quick smile at the porter by the hostel entrance. The middle aged man smiled back at her as he walked passed them. There was a rumor making rounds that the man was a pedophile, but Angela didn’t believe any of that. She just saw him as an older person that loved younger people because they reminded him of his youth.

Ever since he had helped her secure her things when students were kicked off campus after a violent demonstration last semester, they had developed a weird friendship. He usually helped her sneak John in and out of the hostel before or after visiting hours.
Her phone started to ring as she completed the first flight of steps. She pulled it up to her face, and ‘Wale’ was flashing on the screen. She stood still for a few seconds before picking up. The conversation lasted for just a few seconds and then she turned to her friend and said “Shade. Please, you have to help me.”
“Help you? How? Why?”
“Let’s hurry.” She said and pulled Shade by the hand up the next flight of stairs.

………………..

When they were in the comfort of their room corner, both seated on the bottom bunk, blocked away from the rest of the room by the wooden locker, she took a deep breath and said “Wale is downstairs right now.”
“Tell him you can’t see him.” Shade said sharply with a stern look on her face.
“No. I can’t do that.” Angela said and grabbed Shade’s hands. “You are going to help me.”
“Angela, tell him…”
“Please, you have to stall Freddy for me.”
“What? No I won’t” Shade said and yanked her hands away from her friend’s grip.
Angela got off the bed, opened the locker and started getting out of her clothes. “I’ll meet you guys at the hotel.” She said as she wrapped bright pink towel around her body.
“Angela…”
“Please Shade, just tell Freddy I had to rush home to get some clothes.”
“Angela, that doesn’t make sense. He saw you just two minutes ago.”
“You’re smart. Make up something else.”
Shade got up the bed and looked out the window. “Angela, he is right outside. How will you…”
“I’ll take the side gate.”
“What if he calls your phone?”
“I’ll switch it off.” She said as she rushed out of the room with her soap case in hand and her shower cap bobbing on her head as she moved. Shade stared at the door for a while after her friend exited it. Her thoughts were fixed on why her friend felt the need to cheat. Even though Freddy could be an asshole sometimes she knew how much he adored Angela. She ran her right hand through her short weave and massaged her neck for a few seconds and then jumped on the top bunk. She turned around to look out the window and searched the crowd till her eyes settled on Freddy. He was leaning on the street light pole by the cafeteria building and flirting with a scantily dressed girl. It looked they were about to creep away to a dark corner for a quickie. She couldn’t imagine spending more than five minutes alone with him. Shade felt like switching off her phone and running off to Nasir’s room.

Her mind raced but she couldn’t come up with a lie to help Angela with, so she lay in bed and closed her eyes. She was deep in daydream world when she felt fingers tapping her left hand. She opened her eyes and jumped up in bed when she saw Freddy in front of her. “Shit! How did you get here so fast?”
“What?” He said, looking lost. “Where is Angela?”
With just a split second to think, her brain came up with a way out of the tight corner she was in. She jumped off the bed and said, “You didn't see her? She went looking for you.”
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 5:27am On May 15, 2017
Chapter 4

Shade had told Freddy that Angela went to look for him because she wanted to get her clothes from home, and then she suggested they go look for her since she wasn’t with her phone. As they walked through the hostel corridors, she prayed they didn’t run into her friend. She held Freddy’s hand and led him down the stairs; hoping that the gesture would through him off the logical conclusion that his girlfriend was avoiding him.

Her heart beat as she tried to come up with another lie or a plan to stall him till Angela made her way out of the hostel. When they stepped outside the hostel gate, she told Freddy she had to get information from the porter and she would meet him at the car. He looked at her for a few seconds with a blank stare and then nodded before walking off. She hurried back into the hostel, and into the porter’s lodge.

She stepped out of the gate again after two minutes, and headed straight for where Freddy’s van was parked, but he wasn’t there. She searched everywhere around the area, but he was nowhere in sight. She was about running back inside the hostel when she heard his voice. It was coming from the love garden area and it appeared like he was having an argument with someone. She saw the tall girl she had seen him talking to earlier standing next to a bald headed guy with muscles rippling under his black v-neck top.

It appeared the guy had seen Freddy flirting with his girl earlier and didn’t appreciate it. The argument was getting really heated as she approached them and she instinctively stepped in the middle to diffuse the whole thing. “Hey, guys, let’s settle this amicably.” Shade said as she shut the guy a smile.

The guy looked at her dismissively before barking out, “Who the Bleep are you?”
Shade felt Freddy’s body tense up behind her. “I’m sorry. I’m very sorry.” She said and slowly pulled Freddy away. He was a happy soul most of the time, but she had seen what he could do when angry, and she sure didn’t want to experience it tonight. The girl on the other side was also holding back her guy, and after a while, he walked away with her into the darkness.
Freddy was hyperventilating when they got to his van. He pulled out his car keys with shaky hands and pressed the car remote and the van’s headlights blinked. It was almost like he was having an asthmatic attack. He walked over to the side of the car, slid the door open, got in, and took quick gulps from a plastic bottle.
“Give me your keys.” She said after watching him for a few seconds take deep breaths. “I think we should leave here.”

………………..

As she drove aimlessly through the school campus trying to buy Angela more time, she occasionally took quick glances at the back of the van to see what state he was in. She was always used to seeing him hyper and it was kind of weird seeing him very mellow. “Can I drive up to Zulu hall real quick? I need to get something from my brother.” She said and he nodded without saying a word.

She looked out the widow and it looked like rain clouds had blocked out all the stars. A few seconds later, rain drops started drumming on the car roof.

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 10:46pm On May 15, 2017
Kayo! I like both your stories that m following buh u need to update them frequently. #myopinion

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 10:57pm On May 15, 2017
MhizDherbee:
Kayo! I like both your stories that m following buh u need to update them frequently. #myopinion

Thanks. I will try my best to update on time from now on. If I may ask, which is the second story you are reading?
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 12:56am On May 16, 2017
kayo80:

Thanks. I will try my best to update on time from now on. If I may ask, which is the second story you are reading?
Every1 falls in love sometimes. Gr8 story!!!

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:11am On May 16, 2017
MhizDherbee:

Every1 falls in love sometimes. Gr8 story!!!

Thanks for the compliment. smiley
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by EvaJael(f): 7:40am On May 16, 2017
Sweet one. I'm yet to understand Angela's problem

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Nobody: 8:12am On May 16, 2017
cool
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 8:47am On May 16, 2017
EvaJael:
Sweet one. I'm yet to understand Angela's problem

wink
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 12:47pm On May 17, 2017
Chapter 5

She came to a halt beside a white Mini Cooper at the Zulu hall car park. It looked really small next to the T5. She let the engine run as the rhythmic sound of raindrops on the car roof contrasted with the sound of the windshield wipers swishing left and right. Human movement outside was down to zero. Puddles of water here and there reflected the moonlight. She turned around and was startled to see him staring straight at her. “I didn’t even know you could drive.” He said with a slight smile on his face. “And you handled this beast real good.”
“I’ve been driving since I was fourteen.” She said and adjusted in her seat so she could make better eye contact with him. “I’m the last kid and only girl.”
“Oh! Now I understand why you are so…”
“So what?” She said with a quizzical look on her face.
He stared at her for a few seconds and then said, “Angela isn’t picking up.”
“That’s strange. She’s meant to have returned to the room by now.” She said and tried to look surprised.
“Oh! She’s calling me right now.” He said and waved the buzzing phone at Shade before picking up. He nodded his head a few times, said okay once, and then ended the call. “Shade will join us later. Hmm!I guess it’s you and me for the next couple of hours.” He said and winked at her.

Her phone vibrated on the dashboard, and she turned around to check it. She had gotten a message from Angela that read, ‘I’ve left the campus with John Doe.’ Shade locked her phone, turned to Freddy and said, “Umm! We can leave now. My brother isn’t around.”
He opened the car door and ran around the van. She quickly moved over to the passenger’s side. “Wow! That felt great” He said as he got in and shook rain water off his dreads.

“Come on! Freddy.” She exclaimed and cleaned the water off her body.
“Sorry” He said and studied her from top to bottom. Without saying anything more, he pulled out his phone and dialed a number on his phone. He spoke to someone on the other end of the line for a few seconds, ended the call and looked at Shade. A smile appeared on his face and he said, “I want to take you somewhere.”

………………..

Jessica, Freddy’s cousin had returned from America last year to start her own business in the fashion industry. She was a ‘total make-over’ person, and worked mostly with women on their wedding days. She also helped celebrities out with clothes and makeup before social functions. Even school girls could get a total makeover for a cheap price before a club party. Business had been slow lately, and she always was on Freddy’s neck to help her get customers since he was popular and his school wasn’t far from where she lived. He had planned taking Angela over there a few times, but something always came up that made them cancel. Now, he felt was a perfect time to visit his cousin.

The house was the last one on the left on the dead-end street; a white building with tall black gates and a shop in front. She greeted them at the gate and tickled Freddy playfully as they made their way to the entrance. Her shop was already closed so she invited them up to her room, explaining how she had done a lot of professional work in her bedroom.

The house looked really empty, and Shade wondered how the girl could afford to live alone in such a big house. And just like she read Shade’s mind, she said, “My parents traveled to the east for a burial. But Stanley is around.” She said to Freddy.
“Where is that rascal?” Freddy said, coming up the stairs behind Shade and Jessica. Just then there was power outage.
“Shit!” Everyone echoed, and then they all laughed.
It appeared like the TV was connected to a UPS as it was still on, and it provided enough light for them to make it to the top of the stairs. Jessica turned on the flashlight on her phone and led the way to her room. As they got in, the house power generator came on. Shade didn’t know when “Wow!” escaped from her mouth. She was left in awe at how unconventional the room was. It was like a bedroom with a boutique in it. Just after the bed, on one side were the rows of shoes in a ten layer shoe rack, and on the right side were shelves filled with different wears. In the middle of all that was a small chair and table. A laptop was the table opened up with Jessica in jumpsuit Ankara on the home screen.
“Okay. Let’s see what we are working with.” Freddy’s petite cousin said and took a few steps back to look at Shade. Then she walked around her and lifted up her shirt a little before saying, “We are definitely not hiding that ass tonight.”
“Damn!” Freddy shouted and playfully collapsed on the bed.
“Perky breasts. Perfect.” Jessica said as she felt Shade up. When she saw the shocked look on Shade’s face, she smiled and said, “Relax.”
“Jessica, why is your bed so hard?” Freddy said from where he lay on the queen size bed.
“It helps my back.” She said as she headed towards the shelf of clothes. “Okay, Freddy it’s time you gave me and Moana here some privacy.” She added without looking back.
“No way! I’m her protector. I am not leaving her side.” He said and sat up in bed with a frown on his face.
“Umm! Stanley is in the boys’ quarters with some friends.” She said as she walked back towards Shade with a tape rule in her hand. “And they have loads of that thing you like.” She added and her eye brows moved up and down twice in real quick successions.
“Okay!” Freddy said as he stood up at attention. “I am out.” He added with a salute before leaving the room.

3 Likes

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 2:00pm On May 17, 2017
Keep 'em coming....... shocked

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2017
MhizDherbee:
Keep 'em coming....... shocked

Next chapter will be up by 9pm. Thanks for the motivation.
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by abubakarbabang7(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2017
oya give us more

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kay29000(m): 8:55pm On May 17, 2017
I don't know what got me banned from my original account. I wish there could be an explanation for this bans. Anyway, I just had to post this next chapter or I wouldn't sleep well this night. So, I am using this account to post it.
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kay29000(m): 8:56pm On May 17, 2017
Chapter 6

Shade almost tripped and fell when she got out of the van. The pumps Freddy’s cousin had picked out for her wasn’t necessarily very high heeled, but she wasn’t used to anything with higher soles than sneakers. She adjusted the red mini gown she had on and wondered how she got talked into wearing the dress. Her eyebrows shot up when she caught sight of her reflection on the car door window. Freddy walked over to her side, looked at her from top to bottom, smiled, held her by the waist and led her on.

They had had to go back to the hostel to get her contact lenses, and it was already too late to drive down to the hotel Freddy had paid so heavily for. Angela already called to inform them that her brother was also going for the party, so he would drop her off. Shade knew that was a lie.

The music inside the club got louder and louder as they walked toward the entrance, and at some point, it blended with Shade’s heartbeat. She was excited and scared at the same time. Jessica had greatly complimented her looks at the house, and Freddy’s jaws were to the floor when he saw her after the makeover. Even though that had boosted her self-confidence, she still didn’t know what to expect.
Three heavily built bouncers in black t shirts were standing by the entrance and the shortest one stepped forward to swipe the hand-held metal detector up and down Freddy’s body, and then he offhandedly did the same for Shade. As Freddy pushed and held open the entrance door for Shade to enter, the loud music hit her like a sonic boom. She stepped in, and took it all in; the lights; the hyper active people; the posers; the wallflowers; the seductive dancers; the very colorful bar straight ahead. It all almost made her nauseated at first. And then she immediately adjusted to the scenery.

She had unconsciously stopped walking at some point, and Freddy slipped his hand around her shoulder and led her towards the elevated part of the club to their right. She looked sideways and shot him a quick smile. He had changed in the van to a white cotton double breasted long sleeve shirt and it complimented the red she had on perfectly.

No questions asked, the bouncers at the entrance of the VIP let them in, and all eyes fell on them as they took those three steps to get into the restricted area. Shade was starting to feel uncomfortable again till she saw some familiar faces. To the left of them was Paul and his girlfriend; Chinwe. Freddy greeted a few people with shakes and hugs and then led Shade towards Paul’s table.

Paul was Freddy’s best friend, and she had gotten to know him and his girlfriend over time. She hugged Paul briefly, and when she turned to Chinwe, the coke bottle shaped girl had her mouth wide open before saying, “Oh my God you look fabulous.” She held Shade in a tight embrace and said, “I almost didn’t recognize you.”
They took their seats after the greeting; Paul moved over to the opposite couch to seat next to Freddy, and Shade sat next to Chinwe. They started small talk, and Chinwe was surprised that Angela wasn’t around. Of course she couldn’t tell her what their friend was up to, but she wished she didn’t have to lie. After running out of small talk, she looked ahead and saw Freddy blowing cigarette smoke rings in the air. She frowned at him and he smiled back at her. Tiwa Savage’s All Over song came on, and Chinwe jumped to her feet and pulled Shade up for a dance.

Shade and Chinwe were digging it on the dance floor till the two guys came up behind them; Freddy slowly spun Shade around, while Paul stepped in front of his girl.

3 Likes

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 10:34pm On May 17, 2017
Nice one shade
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 10:51pm On May 17, 2017
kayo80:

Next chapter will be up by 9pm. Thanks for the motivation.
You're welcome dearie...
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kay29000(m): 7:18pm On May 18, 2017
Chapter 7

Shade heard a familiar voice call her name and rolled over in bed. She couldn’t remember when last she was this tired in the morning, and her head was pounding. She opened her eyes opened and saw Angela smiling at her. Her hand reached under her pillow for her glasses case. “Why didn’t you come around yesterday?” She said in a tired voice.

“I heard your Cinderella story.” Angela said and winked at her friend. It made Shade smile, and her mind wondered off. Then Angela started tickling her all over. “Scoot over.” Angela said and jumped on the top bunk.

Shade sat up and examined her friend for a while before saying, “Whose t shirt do you have on?” Angela’s eyes got bigger as she looked up the ceiling speechless. “Okay. You don’t have to answer that.” Shade said as she rubbed her neck.
“Well we couldn’t get out of his estate at midnight, so I had to sleep over.” She said with and an expressionless look on her face.
There was silence, which was very unusual with them. The two girls were holding back information from each other for the first time since they became BFFs.

………………..

They had both made up their minds not to go home for the weekend, but by Saturday evening, Shade and Angela were in their individual homes. Shade lay in bed after taking a couple of pain killers. They weren’t helping as she was still having a serious headache. She rolled over in bed and opened her eyes to be met with a lanky lady in a black sheath dress staring at her. She smiled and sluggishly got out of bed. “Aunty Dami. Good to see you.” She said as she held her an aunt in a tight embrace.

“It’s been quite a while.’ The lady said with a smile.
She was just 7 years older than Shade but was a child from Shade’s maternal grandfather’s second wife. They became close because her mother had died, and Shade’s mom more or less adopted her. And she became the elder sister Shade never had. “Hmm! You’ve been drinking.” She said and pulled away from Shade. A frown was evident on her face.
Shade smiled at her and said “that was yesterday. How did you know?”
“You know most of my patients are people with substance abuse issues.”
“Oh, yea, I almost forgot.”
She looked at Shade for a few more seconds before saying “anyway, I know I don’t have to lecture you on…”
“Aunty, you know me well.” She said and cutting her off. She closed her eyes and moved her head here and there to ease the stiffness she was feeling there, and then got back in bed. As an afterthought, she looked up and said “hmm! I think you can help me with this hangover I am having.”
Her aunty smiled and sat on the dressing table before saying “what exactly did you drink?”
Shade looked lost for a while before answering with “I really don’t know. It was sweet, but a little bitter too.” She said and smiled. “Oh yea, it was creamy.” She added when her Aunty didn’t say anything.
“Okay. You probably took Amarula or Baileys. Take lots of water, and maybe some noodles.”
“Thanks aunt. You are a life saver.” She said and walked over to a small fridge by her room window. She bent down to take out bottled water, and returned to her bed. “How is little Bimpe? Hope she has started growing her teeth back?” She said with a smile before taking two quick gulps from the bottle in her hand.
Her aunt laughed a little before saying “It’s funny she was actually asking of you this morning.”
“Why didn’t you bring her?”
“She went for a train trip. I’m going to pick her up in…” She said and stopped to check her watch before continuing with “…In about an hour.”
“Oh! That’s great. Can I come with you?”
“Umm! Well, why not.”
“Great!” Shade said and jumped out of bed. “I think I need another shower.”

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 11:17pm On May 18, 2017
Short

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by omotaryoh(f): 10:59pm On May 19, 2017
Pls update

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:25am On May 20, 2017
MhizDherbee:
Short

Sorry, but I might post more short chapters as time goes on. My target is to write an average of 750 words for each chapter...some times I go up to 1,000 words, sometimes i can only write 600 words (like the last chapter), it is all about my creative process and how I am feeling. I am very slow with writing my stories, so the chapter that can take you just 5 minutes to read might have taken me 5 hours to write. Please bare with me.

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 9:27am On May 20, 2017
omotaryoh:
Pls update

I try to update at least every night, but I went out yesterday night, so I couldn't update. But I will surely update tonight. Thanks for reading.
Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by omotaryoh(f): 5:08pm On May 20, 2017
OK

1 Like

Re: BFF's (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by MhizDherbee(f): 12:32am On May 21, 2017
kayo80:

Sorry, but I might post more short chapters as time goes on. My target is to write an average of 750 words for each chapter...some times I go up to 1,000 words, sometimes i can only write 600 words (like the last chapter), it is all about my creative process and how I am feeling. I am very slow with writing my stories, so the chapter that can take you just 5 minutes to read might have taken me 5 hours to write. Please bare with me.
Alright no problem!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hell Razor - Thriller, Suspense, Mystery+Extreme Violence ( Adult Content ) / My Life As A Secondary School Student(true Life Story) / The Vultures By David Diop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.