Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? (19668 Views)

What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? / 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics / What Course Would You Have Studied Apart From Your Current Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by geekybabe(f): 9:44am On May 05, 2017
Acidosis:
Business Intelligence

Unfortunately, Nigeria is so stuck in the 17th century. Such a course cannot be found in Nigeria. We are still stuck with courses like CRK, IRK.
Lol. Even in the western world B.I is taught in advanced post grad degrees. Its relatively new. And you can still get in the loop. You could do an online course at a relatively small price or take a post grad degree.
Check out coursera.org . They av courses or Business intelligence
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by yemsai(f): 9:45am On May 05, 2017
Aeronautics engineering
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Nobody: 9:56am On May 05, 2017
Engineering..

Love to repair things, but i end up studying accounting though I'm learning computer engineering,now on chip level repair.
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Acidosis(m): 9:57am On May 05, 2017
geekybabe:

Lol. Even in the western world B.I is taught in advanced post grad degrees. Its relatively new. And you can still get in the loop. You could do an online course at a relatively small price or take a post grad degree.
Check out coursera.org . They av courses or Business intelligence
You're right dear

Thanks, I'll check that site. Heard a lot about it
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 05, 2017
Esseite:
Waste another 5years?.... i have not made profit from the bsc and mba/msc i have done..

While some intelligent business men have saved for generations...

Am even currently in-between jobs... more loss being accrued.. ...

Modified!!

Class room education is key and no knowledge is a waste............................................. in other countries

This is the most sensible comment here, you make sense well well.

some people just think they gona live 4ever, so they waste decades acquiring diffrent degress
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Nobody: 10:00am On May 05, 2017
Governor of central banking grin grin grin
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by God2man(m): 10:01am On May 05, 2017
Foreign languages
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Themainchick11(f): 10:03am On May 05, 2017
oadewale:
Are u a UIte?
yup graduated tho
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by musicwriter(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2017
Igbo literature, Yoruba language, and one other African language.

Linguistics in our native languages is dead, because we're busy adoring English like slaves. Someone who love his people should have their children study these things, otherwise, in future our descendants would become foreigners right here in Africa.
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by mhiztaNexy(m): 10:08am On May 05, 2017
wadaz:

Hmmm man i dey 500lvl agric but i pray 4 d best[color=#990000][/color]
baba u go make am. na just dedication
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Jagabanmonerry(m): 10:11am On May 05, 2017
Pharmacy
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Ma2seater: 10:12am On May 05, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You can still study chemistry. Nobody but you is holding you back. I studied medicine too but now I write computer programs.

Please can I contact you for some discussions? If you'll oblige me kindly reach me via email at allandantodaniel@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by xoftxoul: 10:16am On May 05, 2017
astronomy and astrophysics
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Nobody: 10:18am On May 05, 2017
Course ke? I for just join cult, baff egbesu water and become "ajekun ijaye oje" na im pay pass for this country. Just joking though,
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:26am On May 05, 2017
Ma2seater:

Please can I contact you for some discussions? If you'll oblige me kindly reach me via email at allandantodaniel@gmail.com

Thanks

pm me
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Halifaxguy: 10:27am On May 05, 2017
I studied computer science in my undergraduate . Currently I works with one of the big banks in Canada as a Java developer.

Computer science rocks in this digital world!
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Nobody: 10:27am On May 05, 2017
If I had the opportunity to go back to school, I would study medicine and surgery.
I left medical school after years due to a scholarship to study abroad. Till date I have this guilt that I left my passion for what's available. It hurts but I've come to accept things the way they are.
Don't feel bad!

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by stonemasonn: 10:29am On May 05, 2017
I would study mathematics
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by FreeSpirited: 10:36am On May 05, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Well you are wrong.

Computer science is about computation not computers. The field is inappropriately named just like 'political science'.
The computer is an efficient tool (actually, the most efficient tool in most cases) for computation.
There have been computer scientists that did not (or only rarely) touch computers. They theorized, wrote down their findings and let other people code (or run software) they had written. An example would be Edsger Dijkstra
Think of it with this analogy: some doctors never see patients but still practice in the medical field eg as researchers, policy experts etc.

Second, at the basic degree level, programming is mandatory. It is however more often than not, superficially taught. Many computer science grads are mediocre programmers.
Note too that CS is considered a runaway branch of mathematics and so some practitioners are actually involved in research that is really maths or even electronics.

Finally, please differentiate software engineering from computer science. Software engineering is taught in computer science courses but only 40% of software engineers are computer scientists (in the developed world).
All aforementioned are branches of computer science.... Na was for uo...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_of_computer_science
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by stonemasonn: 10:38am On May 05, 2017
popularbc:
philosophy an pschology an logic,cos i will like to be manipulating pples mins to hav them do what i want dem to,be u a politician,doctor,computer scientist,lawyer etc
You can study GAME THEORY as a branch of economics ( MSC or PHD) in Germany.
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Omambala99: 10:39am On May 05, 2017
I will go for Statistics so that i can fit every where,and be self employ.
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by gabrielniy(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2017
Project management and I'll definitely learn key programming languages.
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Lules(f): 10:52am On May 05, 2017
FreeSpirited:
I would study computer science..... This world is going digital as we can see...in no distant time, people without the knowledge of computer won't be able to compete in this information age.
architecture
want to be the frank Lloyd wright and le corbusier of our time

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by olufunmivicky(f): 10:54am On May 05, 2017
I no want school again!!!!!
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by drey69(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2017
Vorpal:
Marine Engineering.

My love for the sea showed up late.
Don't study that in this messed up country. I have an older cousin, two friends and street bro that studied this shii all they do is complain and sulk with regrets
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Nobody: 11:01am On May 05, 2017
drey69:
Don't study that in this messed up country. I have an older cousin, two friends and street bro that studied this shii all they do is complain and sulk with regrets

Why am I not surprised.

1 Like

Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:07am On May 05, 2017
FreeSpirited:
All aforementioned are branches of computer science.... Na was for uo...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_of_computer_science

Computers are incidental to computer science. Computer science is about computation not computers.
What you call a computer today is a machine based on the von- Neumann architecture. There are other architectures and their product may not resemble the common idea of a computer.

CS as a field existed before the modern computer was invented (although it wasn't termed CS). Ever heard of the Charles Babbage and his adding machine? Ever heard of the Jacquard loom or the abacus?
These are aids to computation as well.

There are 'computer scientists' working on information storage and data retrieval using DNA. They utilize theories from CS but work on biological systems.

And next time, keep your arguments impersonal
I am typing on my phone; I'll add links later
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:14am On May 05, 2017
geronimoedeh1:
if i had the chance..i wouldn't have wasted my time and resources going to school.... would have utilized it on something more enterpreneurial and productive...
The basic knowledge i got in sec school was more than enough.
University was more or less a social gathering.. where d knowledge derivable can easily b obtained by someone with access to textbooks and the internet, in d comfort of his home​.
Education in Nigeria is advanced scam...

100% true...if all the self made millionaires followed our template for success, they wouldn't be where they are now..university education Is for selected few in courses like medicine..If I had my way,I'll have used the time and resources at the university to be an agricpreneur produce and package foods, raw materials for industries... all university education is a fun fare and social gatherings... that is why western world laughs at us..we still stuck in the Precambrian era of go to SCH, pass with a good grade and seek for jobs.. information and knowledge with its application is now the answer to our yearnings as blacks.
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by cassidy1996(m): 11:16am On May 05, 2017
french language
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by FreeSpirited: 11:21am On May 05, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Computers are incidental to computer science. Computer science is about computation not computers.
What you call a computer today is a machine based on the von- Neumann architecture. There are other architectures and their product may not resemble the common idea of a computer.

CS as a field existed before the modern computer was invented (although it wasn't termed CS). Ever heard of the Charles Babbage and his adding machine? Ever heard of the Jacquard loom or the abacus?
These are aids to computation as well.

There are 'computer scientists' working on information storage and data retrieval using DNA. They utilize theories from CS but work on biological systems.

And next time, keep your arguments impersonal
I am typing on my phone; I'll add links later
Well, to me, They are all in the same field....And I would love to get a grasp of any of those subject area..Computer science, programming, software engineering, and phone development.... And I think they are all related
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Heylius(m): 11:21am On May 05, 2017
Can Someone Who Did Art Subjects In Sec Sch Study Computer Science? Someone Should Ans Me Pls.
Re: What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? by Ladyfranzy(f): 11:22am On May 05, 2017
Medicine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Futo to Begins Sales Of 2014/2015 Post Ume Form / Covenant, UNN Break Into Times Higher Education (THE) Top 1000 World Rankings / Physically-Challenged Ahmad Suyudi Graduates From Cyprus University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.