Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:02 PM

Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car (3408 Views)

Between The 2003 Big Daddy, toyota yaris 2006 And The 2004 Matrix / Pls How Much Does a 2004 Kia 206 Turbo Sportage engine Cost / Is Land Rover Freelander A Bad Choice Of Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by pheonixdld2(m): 9:08am On May 05, 2017
Good day,
I like the car and have actually seen someone that wants to deal and I am just holding off to make up the funds for the deal/purchase.
What are the likely issue.
Should I be scared.
Cc: Gazzuz, Siena, ikenna
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:43pm On May 05, 2017
pheonixdld2:
Good day,
I like the car and have actually seen someone that wants to deal and I am just holding off to make up the funds for the deal/purchase.
Should I be scared.

4cyl good deal if everything works perfectly.

V6 personally do not like it, even if everything works perfectly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by Alanguru: 10:00pm On May 05, 2017
Run!!!!!! The fuel consumption level is off the charts. As in.... My friend has one... Sorry HAD one. Took it to another state and sold it. Everything else is kinda okay. But then, what good is a fuel guzzler in the economy of today? But still follow ur heart sha

1 Like

Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by honmusa(m): 7:29am On May 06, 2017
Alanguru:
Run!!!!!! The fuel consumption level is off the charts. As in.... My friend has one... Sorry HAD one. Took it to another state and sold it. Everything else is kinda okay. But then, what good is a fuel guzzler in the economy of today? But still follow ur heart sha
No need to mislead the op cos your friend bad experience with the car .Typically Nigerian lackadaisical attitude to simple maintance culture can drive best fuel efficiency car insane .

7 Likes

Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by davidhoop: 3:35pm On May 07, 2017
ive used the car, tends to have issues such as pulleys and camshaft among others, sold it off after 2 engine replacements

2 Likes

Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:35pm On May 07, 2017
davidhoop:
ive used the car, tends to have issues such as pulleys and camshaft among others, sold it off after 2 engine replacements

Was it a V6?
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 07, 2017
honmusa:

No need to mislead the op cos your friend bad experience with the car .Typically Nigerian lackadaisical attitude to simple maintance culture can drive best fuel efficiency car insane .
I usually respect your opinions. But n this...The OP should run away from that ride as fast as his legs can carry him. Especially the v6

1 Like

Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by davidhoop: 11:59pm On May 07, 2017
yes v6
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by Lexusgs430: 5:16am On May 08, 2017
pheonixdld2:
Good day,
Should I be scared.

Where you see Siena? Only if it was an audi, Siena might just show face again........
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by pheonixdld2(m): 10:37am On Jun 08, 2017
davidhoop:
Thank you sir.
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by pheonixdld2(m): 10:38am On Jun 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

4cyl good deal if everything works perfectly.

V6 personally do not like it, even if everything works perfectly.
Thanks boss. I would check other brands, preferably Toyota and Lexus.
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by emonkey(m): 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2017
There are no bad cars, only cars that should not be badly used.
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
emonkey:
wrong, there are bad cars, worse ...... no worst car yet tho but bad cars?......... yes there are
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

wrong, there are bad cars, worse ...... no worst car yet tho but bad cars?......... yes there are

there are evil cars out there angry

1 Like

Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

good evening ma oga, I hail thee from AI how's Lagos treating you?
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by emonkey(m): 11:52am On Sep 07, 2017
There are no evil cars only inexperienced users and mechanics. A car is not just a car regardless of what your mechanic says. Do not take a Kia vehicle to a Toyota mechanic unless all you need to do is oil change. The systems are not the same and mechanics have specialities, meaning vehicles they were trained with. I drive a Kia and it is a beautiful machine. A while ago I had a problem with the car and which a very educated "other" mechanic spent a whole day testing and finally assured me would require serious repairs including change of brainbox and other terribly expensive items. A mechanic from a nearby Kia dealership ran the car for only 2 minutes and that was how long it took him to pinpoint the problem. Repair did not put a dent on my bank account. There are no bad cars only inexperienced users and mechanics I again assure you.

3 Likes

Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by SpaceAngel: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
emonkey:

Have you tried landrover freelander? angry
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by emonkey(m): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
SpaceAngel:

Have you tried landrover freelander? angry

Probably not a car you should buy. I have a relation who has been using this car for more than 6 years without complaint . Some cars you must never buy if you are the type that is careless about maintenance. Just find yourself a mechanic who knows about Freelander. If you can find a Landrover dealer , go there and talk to some of the mechanics. They will be pleased to recommend someone I am sure. Never do hit or miss repair with a car that is not common on the road.
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by SpaceAngel: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
Read about the K series engine used in rover. Mind you i don't need a mechanic to fix my car grin grin

emonkey:

Probably not a car you should buy. I have a relation who has been using this car for more than 6 years without complaint . Some cars you must never buy if you are the type that is careless about maintenance. Just find yourself a mechanic who knows about Freelander. If you can find a Landrover dealer , go there and talk to some of the mechanics. They will be pleased to recommend someone I am sure. Never do hit or miss repair with a car that is not common on the road.
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by erico2k2(m): 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Devilish Cars . That type where some parts are non serviceable lol grin grin
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by erico2k2(m): 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
emonkey:

Freelander is one of the Develish car
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by airlord2020: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Are you sure you know much about freelander, please research more.

emonkey:

Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by emonkey(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
airlord2020:
Are you sure you know much about freelander, please research more.

I never said I knew anything about the car, only that I know someone who uses the car. Regarding his experience I can't be 100% sure, but I've never seen it towed away... not that such may not have happened when I wasn't looking though.
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:17am On Sep 08, 2017
emonkey:

I never said I knew anything about the car, only that I know someone who uses the car. Regarding his experience I can't be 100% sure, but I've never seen it towed away... not that such may not have happened when I wasn't looking though.

and u r sure he USES the car? that car is bad but not the worst anyway...... but pretty the most annoying car yet!
Re: Please Is The 2004 KIA Sorento A Bad Choice Of Car by hakimi1974(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2017
emonkey:

if i remember wetin that vehicle do me eh, make i no talk. that vehicle was designed by a devilish and evil witch/wizard.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. / Sprayed Car: Does It Mean The Car Is Bad? / .......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.