Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected (66271 Views)

Bar Manager Walks Out Underage Boys Who Came To Drink Beer In His Bar / Prudential Life Insurance Acquires Major Stake In Zenith Life Insurance / $2000+ Stuck In Zenith Bank Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by damosade(m): 12:21pm On May 05, 2017
Nobody is expected to have individual account as underage anywhere in the whole world, banks have an account which will be operated by your parent or guardian pending your attainment of 18 years. your account form is still pending with the bank until you cone along with your parent or guardian. central bank has heard you,, and proper investigation will be done. diamond bank will be issue queried as report for their account opening will be rendered to us. regulations and risk assessment should be adhere to.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Shedybliss98(m): 12:24pm On May 05, 2017
How old was Justin Bieber when he started making money?

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 05, 2017
You Should Know That Zenith Bank Is Not A Customer Friendly Bank.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by bkool7(m): 12:25pm On May 05, 2017
MrAwePresident:
are you sure your a Nigerian?

That's the law
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by cutedela: 12:26pm On May 05, 2017
Hey,Diamond bank has provisions for such an account and even for kids so am not surprised. But make sure you don't abuse the privilege.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 05, 2017
Proceeds from PONZI . correct girl.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by ekensi01: 12:31pm On May 05, 2017
Wait oh, that wall for her back and her hair style no look like Nigerian girl way the travel abroad. Or that part na joke? a a a lies everywhere undecided
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by kpaofame: 12:33pm On May 05, 2017
i remember when i wanted to open Zenith account they said minimum amount to open was 100k that was around 2010. i para them say forwhere went to two of their branches same story.

But i eventually opened the account with 7.5k in school grin grin grin and so far no major issues banking with Zenith...

Diamond bank wan open Diamond Yhello Account for her grin grin grin
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by enigma2007(m): 12:33pm On May 05, 2017
Wrong bank!! i remembered a Zenith Bank rep telling me that opening balance required is 250k and i was just a year 1 university student.

I kuku carried myself to GTbank and opened my account with zero balance.

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by enigma2007(m): 12:34pm On May 05, 2017
kpaofame:
i remember when i wanted to open Zenith account they said minimum amount to open was 100k that was around 2010. i para them say forwhere went to two of their branches same story.

But i eventually opened the account with 7.5k in school grin grin grin and so far no major issues banking with Zenith...

Mine was 250k around 2003/2004.I respected myself and bounce

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by samiroyal: 12:36pm On May 05, 2017
child abuse
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Aremuagan144(m): 12:38pm On May 05, 2017
ChiefSweetus:
Ode. You think Zenith has time to be processing your N2000 transactions?? They just didnt know how to tell you that your money cannot epp them. grin
pls get sense is dat d reason y banking was established 2 discriminate d poor frm rich pls gt sense..
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by jericco1(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2017
In Nigeria, there are so many rules and as a result we spend the time we ought to use and do something meaningful following rules.

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Excuzeme: 12:41pm On May 05, 2017
thesicilian:
If I can make money at 16, don't I have a right to keep that money safely in a bank?
Many of these archaic laws need to be revisited.

Shut-Up joor.

There are "Children Accounts" that you can keep your money, as an under-18.

Its same all over the world.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Happyomi: 12:42pm On May 05, 2017
soberdrunk:
So Diamond bank encourages underage banking? Interesting......... angry

In Diamond Bank. There's an account for the teens. Knowns as Teens account. There's another known as S.W.A.G. account for different age groups.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by CallMeBIRA(f): 12:43pm On May 05, 2017
Evaberry:
What sort of nonsense is this
Ask them ooo,I was wondering how this is somebody's business
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Naijaarchive(m): 12:47pm On May 05, 2017
How is this news? btw where will she b getting money to save? is she working? lol... naija and media stunts...SMH... i dont believe she opend any account though cos it useless to her... undecided
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by maklelemakukula(m): 12:48pm On May 05, 2017
This law is so baseless...so a 16 year old should not own an account,For what reason exactly ?...when we have 16 year old's all over europe playing soccer and earning money...we have 16 year olds in d olympics representing their countries, or are they not paid ?. We should learn to instill carrer-oriented thinking in our wards. That's why a 24 year old man got married d oda day and it seems to be news.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 05, 2017
Well, i had my first bank acct at 15 when i gained admission into uni. I wonder y there shud b a restriction regarding this.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by AnanseK(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2017
Underage banking. One way to spread your loot. TSA working.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Justbeu(m): 12:53pm On May 05, 2017
Diamond bank no dey dull na d currency na im matter pass ,dem go kwaii u for one smally account or coolteens or even back to school account, as long as all d transaction details are well documented no wahala, any time wey u reach 18 dem go port ur name commot come register ur account, dat na gud strategy jooooo... encourage dem young. if pikin sabi put money for bank @ 16or17 na beta tin jaree instead of unnecessary Sharwama, Flexing & Being a regular customer in all boutique & Saloons in town.... Diamond bank una thank u for encouraging dis sweet&natural diva on how to save in dis our 9ja today.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by mrRostov(m): 12:54pm On May 05, 2017
soberdrunk:
So Diamond bank encourages underage banking? Interesting......... angry
I had a bank acvt as soon as I was born so hey!!! ....
am 24 now am still using it
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Hoodfriend(m): 12:54pm On May 05, 2017
Lesson, start saving while u are young
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by thesicilian: 12:54pm On May 05, 2017
ziga:

They are not archaic laws. A child is not experienced/responsible enough to make a fair legal agreement with an adult. The laws were actually made to protect the child from being cheated.

A child who wants to make agreements like that needs to have adult support and supervision.

Same reason why children should not be allowed to drink alcohol, smoke or engage in sex with other adults (statutory rape) Children/Teenagers generally do not make the best decisions because they are inexperienced.
olabrad:

You should go with your parents or guardians if you are less than 18. It isn't an archaic law. It is the right thing.
Even the so called adults themselves still get taken advantage of, which is why they need lawyers more often than not.
With time even the lawmakers will realize how archaic the law is. These people you refer to as children are getting more and more sophisticated by the day. Many are smart, intelligent, well versed in political happenings around them, they enter the university early and graduate early. In the sharia system they are even allowed to get married at 14 or less (in this same Nigeria). The other day we saw the news about one who was getting her PhD at 13. I opened my first account at Access Bank at the age of 17yrs with my student ID card.
What I'm saying is that a 16yr old is no longer a child in this present day and age and they should be given adult rights as long as they're found to be mentally and intellectually competent.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by gabbytabby: 12:57pm On May 05, 2017
I do not know when they started this archaic requirement cos I was 12 when I openedy first bank account with Union Bank and it was in my name and I only went with my elder cousin eho was about 4 years older. I cant remember if they required a letter of parental consent but that would be understandable.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by dnawah(m): 12:58pm On May 05, 2017
Pweedycutie:

Diamomd bank has an account for underaged named coolteens and kiddies for children.....i was operating one at a certain time
smally how now?
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by thesicilian: 12:59pm On May 05, 2017
Excuzeme:

Shut-Up joor.

There are "Children Accounts" that you can keep your money, as an under-18.

Its same all over the world.
I'll reply you when you've cleaned up your language.

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by ipain: 1:00pm On May 05, 2017
Chimaritoponcho:
see as she fine with her thread and natural face abeg tomorrow now she will join all dis karashikas and slay mamas and start scraping and redrawing her eyebrows
That girl is not your average Nigerian girl who has the dependency mentality. She is a hustler and have made her first 1M already. I know this because i am her friend on facebook.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by ziga: 1:00pm On May 05, 2017
thesicilian:

With time even the lawmakers will realize how archaic the law is. These people you refer to as children are getting more and more sophisticated by the day. Many are smart, intelligent, well versed in political happenings around them, they enter the university early and graduate early. In the sharia system they are even allowed to get married at 14 or less (in this same Nigeria). The other day we saw the news about one who was getting her PhD at 13. I opened my first account at Access Bank at the age of 17yrs with my student ID card.
What I'm saying is that a 16yr old is no longer a child in this present day and age and they should be given adult rights as long as they're found to be mentally and intellectually competent.

Mentally sophisticated?

I see more and more "adults" on NL who should be treated as kids.

There will always be exceptions to the general rule, but the average teenager is immature. Period - maybe they are physically bigger, but they are emotionally immature and inexperienced. And rules are made so that they apply to most of the general population.

Will you send a teenager to represent you in a million dollar deal? There is a reason why you have to be a certain age to get a driver's license.

In Boxing, people of similar weights are matched. That's why there are categories. A heavy weight is not allowed to fight a light weight because of the weight advantage he will have.

And about adults being taken advantage of, that is allowed because there was no undue advantage.

I can't even believe that this is even an argument.

BTW, I hope you are not a teenager undecided undecided undecided
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by preccy69(f): 1:00pm On May 05, 2017
BUSHHUNTER:
Op she's not yet a lady...na girl she be correct your statement

Wu dash her moni to save...wu be her boyfriend?

mk I find my whistle I wan blow pkgrin

so Regina Daniels is keeping her money at home

10 Kinds Of Business That Can Bring You Millions In Nigeria This Year. / Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike