Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected (66244 Views)

Bar Manager Walks Out Underage Boys Who Came To Drink Beer In His Bar / Prudential Life Insurance Acquires Major Stake In Zenith Life Insurance / $2000+ Stuck In Zenith Bank Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by chloride6: 3:51pm On May 05, 2017
ziga:

They are not archaic laws. A child is not experienced/responsible enough to make a fair legal agreement with an adult. The laws were actually made to protect the child from being cheated.

A child who wants to make agreements like that needs to have adult support and supervision.

Same reason why children should not be allowed to drink alcohol, smoke or engage in sex with other adults (statutory rape) Children/Teenagers generally do not make the best decisions because they are inexperienced.

Wrong! The law doesn't say a kid can't operate an account, it simply advises you not to lend the subject money because you can't charge the kid to court in the case of a default.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by ChiefSweetus: 3:52pm On May 05, 2017
Aremuagan144:

pls get sense is dat d reason y banking was established 2 discriminate d poor frm rich pls gt sense..
First of all, you are a foool.

Secondly, you are a pedestrian pleb if you do not know that discrimination is directly tied to economics and banking. Go to UBS or HSBC with your N29k allawee now?! Atole. undecided
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by ChiefSweetus: 3:56pm On May 05, 2017
ipain:
mumu... she handles deals worth 500k and above. You think she is like ur girl friends who fork you for money?
Another smello spotted. You are the worst stan I've ever encountered on here. Go and collect part of the 500k na let me see. Power ranger oshi! undecided
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by ChiefSweetus: 4:03pm On May 05, 2017
enemmo:

2,000 today

2,000,000 tomorrow.

When we opened our GTB then,it was any amount. We were poor students.

Ten years later: some of us have become well off and still use the same account.

I was at Zenith today and on wednesday. Two different branches in GRA and VI. My dear, if you see my passport photograph from when i opened my first account. I was a skrep. grin the customer care agents couldnt help but scrutinise and smile. From those lowly days, they now call me Mr. Chief sir when im in the bank.

Would be a fool to knock small beginnings. But gtb caters to her clientele type. The cost of maintaining her account at zenith may be more expensive than whatever turnover they can generate from her deposit. Zenith is making profit on my accounts finally. Those early years nko? What if i died before i made it, after i don suffer their staff finish with 2k transactions. Lol.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by misano(m): 4:18pm On May 05, 2017
thesicilian:
If I can make money at 16, don't I have a right to keep that money safely in a bank?
Many of these archaic laws need to be revisited.

Abi... U are so right.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Odunharry(m): 5:01pm On May 05, 2017
eyeview:
Am sorry zenith doesn't have account package for minors. I think diamond has kids savings account
They do its called ZECA.- Zenith Children Account.

They have for Undergraduate/Students too known as Aspire
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by adanny01(m): 5:02pm On May 05, 2017
Pweedycutie:

Diamomd bank has an account for underaged named coolteens and kiddies for children.....i was operating one at a certain time

Most banks have such target accounts for Kids but a minor still cannot open it. It has to be opened for the minor by parent or guardian.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Odunharry(m): 5:02pm On May 05, 2017
slawomir:
that is how we roll in zenith bank. we don't do under-age
Oga Zenith open account for Children under 18, anything to be carried out will be done by the Guardian till the child is 18.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Odunharry(m): 5:04pm On May 05, 2017
ChiefSweetus:
Ode. You think Zenith has time to be processing your N2000 transactions?? They just didnt know how to tell you that your money cannot epp them. grin
Lmao.. The 2k can be used to be open account but with the assistance of a Guardian..

You can open account for your children though.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Spells(m): 5:38pm On May 05, 2017
iamtewwy:
Underage (16-18yrs) girls dey sweet to fvck

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by IVORY2009(m): 5:59pm On May 05, 2017
[s]
olabrad:

Mr old goat trying to be clever by half, the regulation is for your parents to follow you down to the bank since no bank should open account for you if you are younger than 18.

Stop defending nonsense here. It makes you sound stupid
[/s]

I rest my case!
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by andyanders: 6:07pm On May 05, 2017
Her parents must be involved. It is against the law to open an account for a minor. They can have an account but the parents will be operating the account for her until she turns 18 ys.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by santicruz: 6:10pm On May 05, 2017
U can only open the account with a parent as a signatory,
Pweedycutie:

Diamomd bank has an account for underaged named coolteens and kiddies for children.....i was operating one at a certain time
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by enemmo(f): 7:11pm On May 05, 2017
ChiefSweetus:

I was at Zenith today and on wednesday. Two different branches in GRA and VI. My dear, if you see my passport photograph from when i opened my first account. I was a skrep. grin the customer care agents couldnt help but scrutinise and smile. From those lowly days, they now call me Mr. Chief sir when im in the bank.

Would be a fool to knock small beginnings. But gtb caters to her clientele type. The cost of maintaining her account at zenith may be more expensive than whatever turnover they can generate from her deposit. Zenith is making profit on my accounts finally. Those early years nko? What if i died before i made it, after i don suffer their staff finish with 2k transactions. Lol.

You opened a zenith account then?You were big o.

When they came to Ife,the opening balance was 10k in Ife but was still 50k in many parts eg Lagos.

That was mid 2000s or so.

I don't think they do all that nowadays.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by isichei14: 7:40pm On May 05, 2017
Pweedycutie:

you will not be a signatory until u are 18'
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 05, 2017
thesicilian:
Hahaha You first be agbero for your former life? No use laff take kill me abeg.

lmao! grin

1 Like

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by 0955eb027(m): 9:30pm On May 05, 2017
eyeview:
Am sorry zenith doesn't have account package for minors. I think diamond has kids savings account
Where did You learn that Zenith does not have account package for minors?
ZECA - Zenith Children account, has no limitations per se, buh your guardian/parent will be a signatory to the account.
Eazy save classic/premium - Classic is for those without a vaild means of Id,PUR, and its suitable for minors as well. Premium needs a valid means of I.d, but can go without PUR.

There are limitations though, cos terms and conditions apply.

1 Like

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Ryabcool(m): 10:52pm On May 05, 2017
soberdrunk:
So Diamond bank encourages underage banking? Interesting......... angry
I had my first account at age 1. Though it was a joint account with my mom. As for my first solo account, this was at 16. It is not a crime to have an account as a minor. It's a bank, not a night club.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Catastrophe: 10:57pm On May 05, 2017
I opened 3 accounts myself when I was 17 including Zenith.. They were all limited though
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by franugo(m): 11:10pm On May 05, 2017
tintingz:
Is this now suppose to be a news?. undecided
See her underage brain.
u should be blaming d op n d silly mod dt brought this 2 fp.,.nt d child
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by rhames(m): 9:19am On May 06, 2017
Of course.What kind of service or reply are you expectng from a bank where the average age of a director is 60 years old? Yet they tell us they are a modern bank. Modern my foot.
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by bkool7(m): 9:52am On May 06, 2017
thesicilian:

Hahaha.
The typical Nigerian guardian will start reminding you of all the food you have eaten by the time you start asking for your money back.
Those are the expenses you've incurred
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Pweedycutie(f): 2:11pm On May 06, 2017
isichei14:
you will not be a signatory until u are 18'

Yeahhh
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Pweedycutie(f): 2:13pm On May 06, 2017
adanny01:

Most banks have such target accounts for Kids but a minor still cannot open it. It has to be opened for the minor by parent or guardian.

The girl must have collected the form and go home for her parents/guardian to give their expected signature
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Pweedycutie(f): 2:16pm On May 06, 2017
gmacnoms:
they can't open without parent's or guardian's presence and consent.

The Account officer might get into trouble with this. Because, I'm sure dey hav cr8ed IDs with altered DOB for her.

Am sure she must have gotten consent from her parents or guardian but you wouldn't know because she didnt indicate
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Pweedycutie(f): 2:18pm On May 06, 2017
dnawah:
smally how now?

Lol because i was operating coolteens am smallie abi grin

Anyway m kul nd yhu?
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by gmacnoms(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2017
Pweedycutie:

Am sure she must have gotten consent from her parents or guardian but you wouldn't know because she didnt indicate
not vocal consent. Consent in signature and presence
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Tinyemeka(m): 7:00pm On May 06, 2017
Pweedycutie:

Were you the signatory to that account?
Yes I know the account bore your name, but were you the one who signed to make withdrawals from the account?
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Tinyemeka(m): 7:21pm On May 06, 2017
eyeview:

Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by tk4rd: 8:56am On May 07, 2017
They opened a 'student package' account for you.. You can have it even when you are not up to 18..
It has lots of restrictions though..
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by Pweedycutie(f): 6:38pm On May 07, 2017
Tinyemeka:

Were you the signatory to that account?
Yes I know the account bore your name, but were you the one who signed to make withdrawals from the account?

Well I made my withdrawals from the ATM and I had access to my ATM card
Re: Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected by dnawah(m): 9:39pm On May 07, 2017
Pweedycutie:

Lol because i was operating coolteens am smallie abi grin

Anyway m kul nd yhu?
am cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of Business That Can Bring You Millions In Nigeria This Year. / Inside Kano Carpet Factory That Exports To USA, Bangladesh, Others / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.