Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? (3041 Views)

Fake News Alert : El Rufai Never Constructed those beautiful roads. / Charly Boy Denies Collecting Money From Festus Keyamo, Breaks Down In Tears / Reno Omokri Blasts Charly Boy For Collecting Money From APC To Attack PDP, Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by Oxtonguy: 6:57pm On May 09, 2017
Okay
Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by Leebeedo(m): 2:23am On May 12, 2017
sweetgala:

Shut up , I reside in an "advanced country" and primary healthcare now free. Tax payers and those on welfare programmes have access to free medical checks and treatments.

I still had a checkup last week with my dentist and paid all.of 30euro for the cleanup and filling

I've had a vitrectomy done on my left eye and removal of submandibular gland both paid for by state. Those two cost me no more than 175 euro in total that was because I don't use free state medical care and I could have claimed back the 175 in tax refund

Pls stop chatting nonsense

Since you live in an advanced country , act in a civilised manner. You paid for your treatment (health insurance) in taxes and that's why taxes in those countries are heavy. Be it profit or income tax , you must have paid for it in one way or the other.
Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by Nobody: 6:41am On May 12, 2017
lady2sexy1:

please stop misinforming people. around November 2014 was when my elder sis gave birth to her first child and it was in the health center at emenike mile 1. it was absolutely free with free medicines and other freebies. the worst part of it all is that the place is currently looking derelict

It was free because not all the PHCs stopped the free medical same time, but immediately after the strike in 2014 free medicals began to fade away and finally died completely towards the end of 2014.
Moreover some MDs/Medsup were being selective in who they charge, not forgetting medical officers and matrons who will always find a way to help their relatives.
Your sister was lucky so go thank God.
I'm in the system and will educate you on Rivers State health system.
Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by hydroking23(m): 7:05am On May 12, 2017
What do you expect from this directionless government in Rivers State. RSSDA staff have not been paid for 22 months now and we wonder why free medicals have disappeared. Drive down stadium road and eliozu road and look what you see, trash everywhere. But this is what Rivers people wanted.....

1 Like

Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by Nobody: 8:20am On May 12, 2017
hydroking23:
What do you expect from this directionless government in Rivers State. RSSDA staff have not been paid for 22 months now and we wonder why free medicals have disappeared. Drive down stadium road and eliozu road and look what you see, trash everywhere. But this is what Rivers people wanted.....

Trash has been a problem of our beloved state since God knows when.
Each time I travel to Uyo and back to PH I weep for my city.
The trash is not just in those places you mentioned but the whole of PH stinks with trash. At this rate it won't take us long we will become another aba or onitsha(the dirtiest cities I've been to in naija).

It's a pity our one time garden city is now officially a gabbage city.
It all started with Amaechi, but presently Wike's government has escalated the whole thing. With Felix Obuah as the man in charge of cleaning up PH(which we all know that it's nothing but political settlement), then we should be ready for the worse.
Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by sweetgala(m): 10:19am On May 13, 2017
Leebeedo:

Since you live in an advanced country , act in a civilised manner. You paid for your treatment (health insurance) in taxes and that's why taxes in those countries are heavy. Be it profit or income tax , you must have paid for it in one way or the other.

If I was unemployed it would be free. My friend who is equally employed but has government subsidised medical card payed nothing few weeks​ before for same surgical extraction of wisdom tooth

I'm going back to complete same procedure soon at a cost.of over 600 euro

No need to insult me by insinuating I'm uncivilised for stating a valid arguement
Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by lady2sexy1: 9:55am On May 23, 2017
Ekinematics:

It was free because not all the PHCs stopped the free medical same time, but immediately after the strike in 2014 free medicals began to fade away and finally died completely towards the end of 2014.
Moreover some MDs/Medsup were being selective in who they charge, not forgetting medical officers and matrons who will always find a way to help their relatives.
Your sister was lucky so go thank God.
I'm in the system and will educate you on Rivers State health system.
though am currently not in ph, but i asked my sis she said because of wike revenue drive all the free institutions in rivers like school and health center started collecting money to manage itself. the most worisome is the bad state of those institutions

1 Like

Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by otokx(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2017
Wike is doing very well in Rivers State.
Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 23, 2017
lady2sexy1:

though am currently not in ph, but i asked my sis she said because of wike revenue drive all the free institutions in rivers like school and health center started collecting money to manage itself. the most worisome is the bad state of those institutions

My problem is that you make it sound like Wike started it. It all started towards the end of Amaechi's tenure, Wike had to continue it due to the fact that the state can no longer sustain such policy.
Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by Abagworo(m): 11:59am On May 23, 2017
Wike's focus is on what Nigerians like most which is road. He has done well in roads but governance should go beyond roads to security, health and education. Maybe he will move to those area in his 2nd term.
Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by lady2sexy1: 7:09pm On May 23, 2017
Ekinematics:

My problem is that you make it sound like Wike started it. It all started towards the end of Amaechi's tenure, Wike had to continue it due to the fact that the state can no longer sustain such policy.
but from the fillers am getn it obvious he mesd up the system

1 Like

Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by pazienza(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2017
"The free medical was free for both indigenes and non indigenes. Though it was more patronised by non indigenes, mostly from the SE and Akwa Ibom ie my statistics from my time in BMSH as a house officer."

What exactly is the meaning of the above trash?

1 Like

Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 23, 2017
Abagworo:
Wike's focus is on what Nigerians like most which is road. He has done well in roads but governance should go beyond roads to security, health and education. Maybe he will move to those area in his 2nd term.

His road projects are just scattered in 2 LGAs.
Wike should know Rivers State is more than those 2 LGAs.
Re: Those Beautiful Free Health Centers In Rivers State Started Collecting Money? by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 23, 2017
lady2sexy1:

but from the fillers am getn it obvious he mesd up the system

Very wrong fillers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apc Pictures Of The Day. / Shocking:more Tension For Atiku As Court Rejects Motion, President Quits Panel / Can Tinubu Win Atiku In A Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.