Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now (2795 Views)

NUC Lists Universities Approved For Postgraduate Programmes / Kaduna Govt. Announces Foreign Scholarship Opportunities / NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by Foldvibes(m): 7:26pm On May 05, 2017
2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship for Postgraduate Apply Now

Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, PhD)
Provider: NDDC
Country to Study in: Any country

Scholarship Description for 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship
As part of its Human Resource Development initiatives, NDDC is embarking on its 2017 Foreign Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme for Nigerians from the Niger Delta region.

The goal of this scholarship scheme is to equip Niger Deltans (i.e. Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross river, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Rivers) with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields.

The scholarship scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelors and/or Masters degrees from recognized universities and higher institutions.
2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship for Postgraduate Apply Now

Eligibility (General Conditions)

First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
Applicants must have gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the under-listed disciplines in a foreign University.
Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas\’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
Guarantor\’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan:
Member of National Assembly
Chairman of the LGA.
First class traditional ruler.
High Court Judge
Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall NOT be considered for the award.
Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service.
Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.

Eligible groups for 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship
Citizens of Nigeria from the nine (9) Niger delta states:
Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross river, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Rivers.

Fields of Study for 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship
The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:

Engineering
Medical Sciences (M.Sc. Public Health Excluded)
Computer Science/Technology
Geology
Geosciences
Environmental Sciences
Agriculture
Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
Project Management

Number of awards
Several will be awarded; although no number is specified by NDDC

Sponsorship duration
For the whole duration of the course program

Scholarship benefits
This is a FULL-fee scholarship. Therefore, all fees and expenses will be paid

Method of Application for 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship
Application must be made online at the Commission’s website (www.nddc.gov.ng). All applications must be accompanied with the following attachments:

Recent passport photograph
Local Government identification letter.
Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
NYSC Discharge Certificate

Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically. Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference. Please ensure that the size OF all uploaded documents and certificates does not exceed 50kb.

It is important to visit the official NDDC scholarship website (link to it is below) for complete information, and to access the online application portal for both the Masters and PhD applications.

DEADLINE:
All completed applications must be submitted on or before Friday, 27th May, 2017

PLEASE NOTE:
All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website.

The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC is a Federal Government aganey established in 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Southern Nigeria, and a mission of facilitating the region\’s rapid, even and sustainable development into an economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful region.

For further enquiries, please contact:
The Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC);
Mobile: 08034534598, 084668158;
Email: gochua.okejoto@nddc.gov.ng OR seledi.thompson@nddc.gov.ng

NDDC OFFICE HEADQUARTERS ADDRESS:
167 Aba Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Application Deadline: 27 May 2017
Open for International Applicants: No (ONLY Nigerians)

Source: http://latestschoolgist.com/2017-nddc-postgraduate-foreign-scholarship/

Re: 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by ufinity(m): 7:29pm On May 09, 2017
What of those that have not applied for any admission overseas, how do they get admission letter?
Re: 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by kayuseful: 11:41am On May 17, 2017
I have the same question
ufinity:
What of those that have not applied for any admission overseas, how do they get admission letter?

BTW, why is this not on FP
cc:lalasticlala
Re: 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by aykay45(m): 9:05pm On May 17, 2017
ufinity:

Apply to a school in the UK then u can get your admission letter in maximum of 2 weeks to meet up with the deadline...
Re: 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by Nobody: 11:42am On May 18, 2017
Hi, I applied days back but the phone number I put is missing a number. I feel this might become important. Should I refill the form and correct it. I already have a reference number after a successful submission.
How are successful candidates notified. Phone or Email?
If you meet the criteria, what are the chances of being selected for the TEST?
Re: 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by temple2994: 5:19pm On May 23, 2017
wales600:
Hi, I applied days back but the phone number I put is missing a number. I feel this might become important. Should I refill the form and correct it. I already have a reference number after a successful submission.
How are successful candidates notified. Phone or Email?
If you meet the criteria, what are the chances of being selected for the TEST?
. Mr wales600, how did you get ur files down to 50kb? especially d admission later
Re: 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by pet2017: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
Call this number (07013272658) if you need NDDC past questions and answers.
Re: 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by nancybae(f): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by innocentoh(m): 2:16am On Jul 09, 2017
Join the 2017 Whatsapp group here>>> www.chat.whatsapp .com/3OlD3DHKBOeGTM8kEWL4tV
Re: 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now by innocentoh(m): 6:14am On Jul 09, 2017
Join the 2017 Whatsapp group here>>> www.chat.whatsapp. com/3OlD3DHKBOeGTM8kEWL4tV

(1) (Reply)

Funny Nigeria History Collections / The Face Of Scammers On Nairaland / Kwara State Polytechnic(kwarapoly)post Jamb Form And Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.