Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) (16430 Views)

Powering Air Conditioner With Solar/inverter - Let's Share Our Experiences / How To Make An Easy Homemade Air Conditioner From A Fan And Water Bottles / Review On Mtn Lumus Solar Power Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Itanna: 12:19am On May 06, 2017
I'm about to purchase an LG inverter ac. It's quite expensive and I do not want to regret buying it.
Does anyone has an honest review of it? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by CoolKizzy(m): 12:30am On May 06, 2017
brand new or used?
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by dragnet: 8:24am On May 06, 2017
Itanna:
I'm about to purchase an LG inverter ac. It's quite expensive and I do not want to regret buying it.
how much is it?
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by meetchandus(m): 3:46pm On May 06, 2017
I bought the 1.5hp LG Gencool inverter A/C about 2 months back and it has been working fine till date .I will advice you ask them at the LG store(or wherever you are purchasing) if it is a copper outdoor unit because copper is the best.If I remember vividly,the Gen cool 1hp and 1.5hp are copper while the 2hp is aluminium.And please make use of the installer there at the LG store because if you make use of another installer asides their own certified installer, your 2 years warranty on the AC might be void..Cheers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by dragnet: 4:58pm On May 06, 2017
meetchandus:
I bought the 1.5hp LG Gencool inverter A/C about 2 months back and it has been working fine till date .I will advice you ask them at the LG store(or wherever you are purchasing) if it is a copper outdoor unit because copper is the best.If I remember vividly,the Gen cool 1hp and 1.5hp are copper while the 2hp is aluminium.And please make use of the installer there at the LG store because if you make use of another installer asides their own certified installer,You 2 years warranty on the AC might be void..Cheers
thanks for this information, by installer, I presume you mean the technician that installs it wherever you want to use it?
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by meetchandus(m): 10:34pm On May 06, 2017
dragnet:

thanks for this information, by installer, I presume you mean the technician that installs it wherever you want to use it?

Yes,I mean the technician that installs it..That is important
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Itanna: 10:44pm On May 06, 2017
dragnet:

how much is it?
2HP is 225k.
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Itanna: 10:45pm On May 06, 2017
CoolKizzy:
brand new or used?
Brand new
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Itanna: 10:46pm On May 06, 2017
meetchandus:
I bought the 1.5hp LG Gencool inverter A/C about 2 months back and it has been working fine till date .I will advice you ask them at the LG store(or wherever you are purchasing) if it is a copper outdoor unit because copper is the best.If I remember vividly,the Gen cool 1hp and 1.5hp are copper while the 2hp is aluminium.And please make use of the installer there at the LG store because if you make use of another installer asides their own certified installer, your 2 years warranty on the AC might be void..Cheers
ok noted. Thanks.
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by CoolKizzy(m): 12:34am On May 07, 2017
Itanna:
Brand new

buy, 2 years warranty.... I just installed 1 hp gencool and my 1kv generator carries it... though the gen dey hear am... but it carries it with my 32" led and go TV. . plus 2 15 watts bulb

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Itanna: 8:49am On May 07, 2017
CoolKizzy:

buy, 2 years warranty.... I just installed 1 hp gencool and my 1kv generator carries it... though the gen dey hear am... but it carries it with my 32" led and go TV. . plus 2 15 watts bulb
Thanks so much.
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by 2shure: 9:23am On May 07, 2017
Buy 1horse power split
Low voltage
Buy it now and thank me later.
Or u go for window unit 1.5horsepower
If u can stand cold
Go for window 1.5 tear rubber
But if u wan sleep under coded cold wey be like fan
Buy 1.5 window cold like block but sleep with duvee
Or buy split 1hr low voltage and sleep naked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Itanna: 8:34am On May 08, 2017
It's actually for my shop. D reviews are quite okay. Thanks.
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Itanna: 8:35am On May 08, 2017
2shure:
Buy 1horse power split
Low voltage
Buy it now and thank me later.
Or u go for window unit 1.5horsepower
If u can stand cold
Go for window 1.5 tear rubber
But if u wan sleep under coded cold wey be like fan
Buy 1.5 window cold like block but sleep with duvee
Or buy split 1hr low voltage and sleep naked
it's actually for my shop. The reviews are quite good. Thanks.
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Itanna: 8:36am On May 08, 2017
CoolKizzy:

ok. Thanks.
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Ijeoma660(f): 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
Itanna:

So did you get to buy the AC?

Please give your objective review as I am about going for the 1 and 1.5hp inverter ACs...
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by rhysfaulkner: 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Kinikini: 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
Has anyone bought the 1 HP Gencool lately? I bought one and my fan cools better than it. Just wondering if anyone has this type of experience.

Itanna:
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Landnaira5: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2019
Kinikini:
Has anyone bought the 1 HP Gencool lately? I bought one and my fan cools better than it. Just wondering if anyone has this type of experience.

Ah geese. Was planning to buy this.

How’s it working now. Even with your windows closed, it doesn’t cool?
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Kinikini: 9:19am On Sep 25, 2019
Ouch. Unlike me. I should have provided an update. I found out it was cooling at its best capacity really. My room is probable too big for it. I will advise the 1.5HP as a minimum considering its' effectiveness. But it works fine.

Landnaira5:

Ah geese. Was planning to buy this.

How’s it working now. Even with your windows closed, it doesn’t cool?
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Landnaira5: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2019
Kinikini:
Ouch. Unlike me. I should have provided an update. I found out it was cooling at its best capacity really. My room is probable too big for it. I will advise the 1.5HP as a minimum considering its' effectiveness. But it works fine.

Thank you
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Ijeoma660(f): 10:51am On Oct 31, 2019
Kinikini:

Much appreciated.

please whats the size of your room then, this info is highly needed
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by lebete3000: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
CoolKizzy:

I thought they said 0.9kva (I better pass my neighbour gen) can power it, abi no be so?
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by lebete3000: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
Kinikini:

You mean your room was responsible for the 1hp not cooling you effectively?

I intend staying in a selfcontain, will the 1hp chill my room effectively, or I should just go for the 1.5hp? Thanks...
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Kinikini: 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2019
My room was big for the 1HP. You should tell them the length, and breath of your room or give them an idea of its size, They will advise the appropriate size of ac to buy.

lebete3000:

You mean your room was responsible for the 1hp not cooling you effectively?

I intend staying in a selfcontain, will the 1hp chill my room effectively, or I should just go for the 1.5hp? Thanks...
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Homeyfav: 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2020
';
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by cooldudeng(m): 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2020
So far, I've bought 3 units. 2 nos of 1hp and 1 no of 1.5hp

I will say i'm very disappointed! It's just moderate cooling not 'mortuary standard'

Room temperature doesn't; go below 26'C degrees
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by icenti: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
Please check this thread to find a picture of my generator. i intend buying a 1.5 hpo gencool. i was hoping if the generator would carry it without any issues.
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by icenti: 2:07pm On Feb 17, 2020
icenti:
Please check this thread to find a picture of my generator. i intend buying a 1.5 hpo gencool. i was hoping if the generator would carry it without any issues.

https://www.nairaland.com/5688945/lg-1.5hp-gen-cool-c
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by bobo1: 7:47pm On Feb 22, 2020
My own question is ...1.Please is there another way to set it to work perfectly with Generator apart from using the GEN MODE button? 2. Does it have its own way of setting temperature to the coolest apart from the normal AC @16?

My hand fan cools more than this brand new of 1.5HP I bought as the compressor cuts easily and start blowing normal air
Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by chyket(m): 9:02am On Feb 23, 2020
CoolKizzy:

Always make sure you put it in gen mode whenever you are using it with a generator.Check your remote control for the gen mode button

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Review On LG Inverter Air Conditioner (gencool) by Purplekush(m): 1:37am On Apr 09, 2020
hi guys. does a 1hp inverter AC cool well when running Gen?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benefits Of Using Youtube Marketing / How To Subscribe Startimes And GOTV With Only ₦200 For All Channels / Nigerian Scientist Bags European Award For Quality Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.