Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:04 PM

Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank (31519 Views)

UBA Wins Best Digital Bank In Africa, Thanks To Leo. / Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank / Wema Bank Launches Solar-powered Mobile Branch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by adebayo201: 10:18am On May 06, 2017
costandi:
Wema bank that doesn't have a branch in Enugu.
Is that one a bank?
cheesy

As old as Wema!

Bank turn to idiomatic expression cheesy
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by hardbody: 10:19am On May 06, 2017
NewsPoacher:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/wema-bank-launches-digital-bank/

WEMA Bank Plc has launched Nigeria’s first full digital banking service, named ‘ALAT’, which it says, signifies the beginning of a revolution in the banking industry; one where the needs of customers are met using technology to provide cheaper, faster and better services. At the moment, a large part of banks’ digital initiatives looks at delivering existing services cheaper, faster and better.

The Managing Director, Segun Oloketuyi stated: “There is a reason banks are closing branches. Apart from the difficult economic environment, customers are increasingly adopting digital options for their banking needs, hence a reduction in the number of people that visit physical branches. The pace at which things are changing in the digital world is rapid. Therefore, every forward-thinking brand is always looking to improve on their digital offerings. With ALAT, Wema Bank has offered Nigerians everywhere in the world a bank that is designed to meet their needs.”

ALAT by Wema has enjoyed good reception from the market since the beta launch some weeks ago. The new digital bank is expected to disrupt the banking landscape and is driven by three pillars – Convenience, Simplicity and Reliability.

With ALAT, account opening/sign-up can be done in five minutes from a mobile phone or personal computer. Holders of the account can also enjoy a simple automated savings plan that will see them earn 10 per cent annual interest – about three times the standard bank rate. Debit cards are delivered to an account holder’s address in two business days, anywhere in Nigeria, at no cost.

Even if they launch....come and take free cash, i am not doing with them again. They messed me up before, i have since abandoned my last 5k with them, and SHALL never go back. I am forward looking having learnt from the past.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Adieza(m): 10:19am On May 06, 2017
Lols

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Jaabioro(m): 10:21am On May 06, 2017
Agimor:
So can I deposit my money online without going to the bank?
Yes you can do that by using paga or quicktellers shop.. you pay commission and a swift blink your account is funded
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by DisGuy: 10:22am On May 06, 2017
Debit cards are delivered to an account holder’s address in two business days, anywhere in Nigeria, at no cost.

Now this is innovative in the Nigerian context. tired of all these institutions collecting our addresses only to ask you at every opportunity to visit their branch physically to collect card, pin, change address etc

kudos

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by costandi(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2017
adebayo201:
cheesy

As old as Wema!

Bank turn to idiomatic expression cheesy
Bank that issued me a nonfunctional Debit card that was never linked to my account. They've lost it totally
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by smudge2079(m): 10:35am On May 06, 2017
This is the real deal

2 Likes

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Nobody: 10:38am On May 06, 2017
the name ALAT is innovative and has the same pronounciation with alert. it basically would make opening of accounts easier and managing your account from home in real time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Zeroid105: 10:41am On May 06, 2017
aieromon:

You have to visit any Wema Bank branch to make a deposit.

http://www.alat.ng/faq
Then the headline is misleading. That claim of 100% online banking should be corrected.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by jazinogold(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2017
I have opened my own ALAT account, and funded it with out going to the bank. My ATM card got delivered at a WEMA Bank branch close to my house(would have used my house, but i wouldnt be at home when it might come) in 48hours. I deposited money into my ALAT account from my other banks ATM card my putting the details of my card and the amount i wanted to deposit.

Its a GOOD innovation from WEMA BANK!!! The Old ones are truly wise!!!

5 Likes

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by MrJonny(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2017
grin
waleyp:
YES YOU CAN DEPOSIT YOUR MONEY WHILE AT HOME,JUST PLACE THE AMOUNT YOU WANT TO DEPOSIT ON YOUR PHONE OR SYSTEM. LOL

evil lol

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by geekybabe(f): 11:10am On May 06, 2017
vosquare:
Wema bank... One of the worst banks I know
Oh i think thats about to change. Considering they've got one of the best tech support in the country now. They're working with Andela in this.

3 Likes

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by sisqology(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2017
realestniggah:
wait..digital bank..
?

digital bank already exist already..any form of banking that is done over the Internet is also known as digital banking

still this can't remove physical banking..because we still need to deposit and withdraw cash physically..or will my phone also provide that?

and beside if experience american hacker catch that app eh..I wonder wetin go happen

My problem with you is that; you're ignorant. This is why Nigeria wont move forward ever because of people like you.

I have questions for you;

1. Name three digital banks that exist in Nigeria/Africa without having to sync with your normal account
2. You can always go to any other bank and deposit your cash, then transfer to your ALAT account. Mind you; ALAT has its own ATM card!
3. You are the ones that wont make Nigerians come up with good ideas, this is a brilliant one, no doubt; you are here blabbing and wailing around on how an american hacker will come and catch it. Do you think we naija programmers are just stagnant or do you think we dont know any cheatsheet?? You need to wake up.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by biobio111: 11:15am On May 06, 2017
Nigeria banks should add this method in terms of deposits of money; deposit through MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT, GLO RECHARGE CARD. If u don't want to go to bank then recharge airtime and deposit it to bank account, even if their service is 2% or 2.5% in every of your transaction is more better than quene in banking hall. And extend it to other rechargeable cards like STAR TIME, GOTV, DSTV, METRO VIEW and so on. It will help Nigerian youths reach their dreams like own a house, buy a car and settle down once without much obstacles.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by sisqology(m): 11:16am On May 06, 2017
Zeroid105:

Then the headline is misleading. That claim of 100% online banking should be corrected.

No, you can deposit or transfer from ALAT portal or app itself, you do not have to go to wema.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Samirana360(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2017
i remember when i was serving at ore ondo state...dat bank can be so funny, they use yoruba language to attend to customers...if u lik hear or no hear...they no send
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by sisqology(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2017
jazinogold:
I have opened my own ALAT account, and funded it with out going to the bank. My ATM card got delivered at a WEMA Bank branch close to my house(would have used my house, but i wouldnt be at home when it might come) in 48hours. I deposited money into my ALAT account from my other banks ATM card my putting the details of my card and the amount i wanted to deposit.

Its a GOOD innovation from WEMA BANK!!! The Old ones are truly wise!!!

Spread the word! ALAT make smiles

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by biobio111: 11:19am On May 06, 2017
Nigeria banks should add this method in terms of deposits of money; deposit through MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT, GLO RECHARGE CARD. If u don't want to go to bank then recharge airtime and deposit it to bank account, even if their service is 2% or 2.5% in every of your transaction is more better than quene in banking hall. And extend it to other rechargeable cards like STAR TIME, GOTV, DSTV, METRO VIEW and so on. It will help Nigerian youths reach their dreams like own a house, buy a car and settle down once without much obstacles.[color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by supereagle(m): 11:21am On May 06, 2017
Not my bank. A regional bank.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by supereagle(m): 11:25am On May 06, 2017
Not Nationally spread . only in Sw and SS.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by amjustme2: 11:28am On May 06, 2017
If they want to make it digital, it should be fully digital - Accept digital/crypto currencies.

Let them become the first bank in Africa to accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, altcoin etc

or at least, PayPal, payoneer, Payza etc.

Then we know they are serious.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by amjustme2: 11:29am On May 06, 2017
Funny things you see in Nigeria

Samirana360:
i remember when i was serving at ore ondo state...dat bank can be so funny, they use yoruba language to attend to customers...if u lik hear or no hear...they no send
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by tolugar: 11:30am On May 06, 2017
costandi:
Wema bank that doesn't have a branch in Enugu.
Is that one a bank?

They have a bank at okpara avenue.

Though it's only when you re trekking that you ll see it.

Somehow hidden

2 Likes

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by rodeo0070(m): 11:35am On May 06, 2017
BACK FROM THE LAUNCH OF WEMA BANK’S “ALAT”

https://brandspurng.com/back-from-the-launch-of-wema-banks-alat/
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by olabrad: 11:36am On May 06, 2017
rheether:
Naso Nigerians like the banking hall like kilode only that AC is a real satisfaction grin

You can also meet ur soul mate there, you know wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by costandi(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2017
tolugar:

They have a bank at okpara avenue.

Though it's only when you re trekking that you ll see it.

Somehow hidden
A staff of wema bank confirmed this. They have no branch in Enugu.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Nobody: 11:53am On May 06, 2017
Can I deposit with payoneer?
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Jascon4: 12:01pm On May 06, 2017
eipreel:

Not true sir...you can fund your account online as you can see from the screenshot of the dashboard the op posted

I don't think you are entirely correct. One still needs to visit the branch to deposit cash.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by einsteine(m): 12:02pm On May 06, 2017
lrdval:
fresh food for street niggas....they should employ me for better encrypting ooooo...if not....some people will open ten accounts and load 1b inside each, and go to atm to withdraw...

Una go just dey talk anyhow. Load account, how? Withdraw from atm, how? What people don't know is that Nigerian banks are more secure than foreign banks, not due to superior technology, but due to superior controls.
Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by einsteine(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2017
Jascon4:

I don't think you are entirely correct. One still needs to visit the branch to deposit cash.

Of course, you have to go to the bank to deposit cash but Alat allows you fund your account with your atm and in future, you would be able to deposit cheques through the app.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by einsteine(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2017
costandi:
A staff of wema bank confirmed this. They have no branch in Enugu.

Until last year, Wema was a regional bank and were only allowed to have branches in Abuja, South West and South South. But they have a national license now and they now have branches in the east.

1 Like

Re: Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank by Tundeobama(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2017
this bank is among top 6 bank in Nigeria that can not be shaken.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Be A Quick Teller Paypoint Agent And Start Making Money / Tony Elumelu Engages Daughter In #TEFChallenge (Video) / Elon Musk Names Linda Yaccarino As Twitter's New CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.