Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? (35678 Views)

Wife Or Friend: Who Deserves The Front Seat? / How To Date Your Sibling’s Friend? The Must-follow 10 Rules To Remember / If Your Girl Once Dated Yahoo Boy ..you Are Doomed(see Reason And Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by halibaba(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

The son of your uncle is your cousin bro,not your nephew. Nothing would happen if you attend the wedding. If you feel your cousin can handle it,then tell him. Or you wait till you actually meet her in person and wait for her reaction.

No! The son of ur uncle/sister is ur nephew. Cousin is a collective name for ur uncle's/sister's son or daughter. Nephew is for ur male cousin while niece is for ur female cousin. Cheers
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 10:49am On May 06, 2017
[quote author=MzJin post=56258762][/quote]God bless you ma.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Fourwinds: 10:49am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Naaaaa,I don't want to attend the wedding because I want them to be happy.But what would happen if my cousin discover the truth from another source.Their union is none of my business,I have moved on

Oga I say u bang dat girl....be truthful to urself....people die within d next minute....but I'm not expecting a yes answer
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by nkwuocha1: 10:50am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Are you still communicating,what was his reactions?I'm very sorry for being inquisitive.

Life goes on bro. Yes we do communicate when there's business proposal.I'm happy their relationship didn't work out cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by thunderbabs: 10:50am On May 06, 2017
The koko is always the sex part.....it could make or mar any kind of relationship along family lines, friendship level, or enemy level sef shocked

Sex is a powerful thing, mehn

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Fourwinds: 10:52am On May 06, 2017
halibaba:

No! The son of ur uncle/sister is ur nephew. Cousin is a collective name for ur uncle's/sister's son or daughter. Nephew is for ur male cousin while niece is for ur female cousin. Cheers
d son of ur uncle or Aunty is ur cousin while d son of ur brother or sister is ur nephew
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Mynd44: 10:53am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:

Morning !

Yes guess you are right cry but i meant that asin you know the person history .. we are all leftovers except bolded.. but at least we dont know their history or relationship antics (friends) you know each other so kinda weird
Bla bla.

Doesn't matter. You will date someone and as long as the ex (my friend or bruh) is okay with it, we will write our own history

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by nkwuocha1: 10:54am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
God bless you ma.

But of a truth, it's best to keep this to yourself. If he's in love with her, they should go ahead except you've an ulterior motives. If I was to be in your shoes, it's a secret that will surely travel with me to the grave. Afterall she is not my wife.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 10:55am On May 06, 2017
justmenoni:
Op, youdondeymad?
grin Behave

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by oyienootieno: 10:55am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
grin You don dey...no allow me to complete am for you(lol),no I can't...so disgusting.

Just judge it na, how can op ask such a question? Dating a girl your friend once dated self be as e get.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Rtopzy(f): 10:56am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
He is the son of my uncle(my mum's elder brother).I'm not jealous(never) but I'm just trying to play safe.I don't know what would happen if I attend the wedding,we've not seen each other since we broke up.

He is ur cousin na not nephew
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by ewaoluwao(f): 10:57am On May 06, 2017
Hw will someone compare a lady to garri....wtf is dt
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by oyienootieno: 10:58am On May 06, 2017
nkwuocha1:

But of a truth, it's best to keep this to yourself. If he's in love with her, they should go ahead except you've an ulterior motives. If I was to be in your shoes, it's a secret that will surely travel with me to the grave. Afterall she is not my wife.

Having Exs around too much can rekindle the dead affair.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by SIRmanjar(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2017
Fourwinds:
u misunderstood the content of d text...pls go and read it again.....ur responds is weird
Tanks for the correction mr fourwind..i don edit my kwote...Na the vex wey dey my heart I use reply.I myself don experience am..I have dated or shuld I say had a frend with benefit that told me a story of how she slept with 2 brothers when she was dating one of them..As she dey yarn me the story I just dey boil for my heart..
Ohk!When the girl come holiday for my house im see my junior brother start to dey trip becos im fair and probably im don too see im prick for boxers but she was tripping sha..Omo as I rember the old story she tell me about her sexual escapade with two brothers.I wake her up for midnight,warn the girl seriously make she no repeat dat story she tell me for my own house..She comport her self.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 10:59am On May 06, 2017
sorepco:
U r very close n he did not kno the woman u datef for more dan 2 years?? U huys r not very close!!

Come on,he is still my blood,I grew up in Lagos while he was born and brought up in Benue.There was a time I had issues with his parent(but na family matter sha),let me stop at this junction,thanks.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Aremuagan144(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2017
i wil advice u to tell ur brother everyting,d same issue happen 2 me i dated a girl wich was my friend ex and she told me she had 3 abortions 4 d guy in d past and i accept 2 marry her bt she later went back 2 her way by having sex with guys and comitting series of abortion bt i thank God she nw a past in my life mickeyfwosh.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by oyienootieno: 11:01am On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:

So you wanna compare a human to a condom

If you don't want the story that touches stay away from her simple. Even FFk who is supposed to be matured is still throwing shades at Ojukwu and stylishly the Ibos because of an affair with Bianca way back in school.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:01am On May 06, 2017
Rtopzy:
He is ur cousin na not nephew
Modified,thanks

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by chikeze(m): 11:02am On May 06, 2017
Hmm! I was in this same similar situation. It happened to be my cousin that i gave a girl number that i had a fling with and he wanted to try his luck. He also had a fling with her and they both started dating each other and next thing i knew he told me he was going to marry her and i thought i was all a joke but he was dead serious. I tried everything to discourage him about the marriage arrangement but it all fell on deaf ears irrespective of the fact that i had slept with her sad.They went on with the marriage and of course i didnt attend the wedding. I guess she didnt see anything wrong with marrying my cousin. Women sef cry

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by nkwuocha1: 11:03am On May 06, 2017
oyienootieno:

Having Exs around too much can rekindle the dead affair.

He is in Lagos and the said guy is based in Benue bro. The feelings they had then may turn to disgust and will definitely discourage any form of closeness. As mature adults, I'm sure they will see themselves as in-laws rather. Except Ofcourse both are irresponsible.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:04am On May 06, 2017
thunderbabs:
The koko is always the sex part.....it could make or mar any kind of relationship along family lines, friendship level, or enemy level sef shocked

Sex is a powerful thing, mehn

That is the only issue at hand.

If they didn't sleep together, then the guy should just go ahead and do his marriage

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Fawklicant: 11:04am On May 06, 2017
halibaba:

Oxford dictionary.

@op. Tell him everything. Do not betray your blood. If he wants her bad enough he'll know what to do. Keeping mum is worse. You dated her for 2 years, so some other person in your family/circle of friends must know her. This is not even something to bring to nairaland, it is just common sense.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Daddybright1986(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2017
BREAKING NEWS!!!

A diesel tanker carrying 33,000 litres of diesel yesterday was on a very high speed along Eleme Road, Port Harcourt, when the driver spotted an okada man who was also on high speed coming towards him.

Meanwhile, the Okada man was carrying a 7 month old pregnant woman who was just coming back from the General Hospital.

To cut the story short, as they got closer to each other the tanker driver looked closely and identified the Okada rider to be his childhood friend. They both slowed down, stopped, hugged each other, spoke for a while and continued their journey.

Everyday you want to hear bad news ........ No be from me.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:05am On May 06, 2017
Aremuagan144:
i wil advice u to tell ur brother everyting,d same issue happen 2 me i dated a girl wich was my friend ex and she told me she had 3 abortions 4 d guy in d past and i accept 2 marry her bt she later went back 2 her way by having sex with guys and comitting series of abortion bt i thank God she nw a past in my life mickeyfwosh.
Thank your stars.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Mynd44: 11:05am On May 06, 2017
oyienootieno:

If you don't want the story that touches stay away from her simple. Even FFk who is supposed to be matured is still throwing shades at Ojukwu and stylishly the Ibos because of an affair with Bianca way back in school.

FFK is a baby. That is not the fault of Ojukwu or Bianca but on FFK who is a total retard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by VERDA: 11:05am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:

It's like .. pls read it properly
Figure of speech ..

Well... I get ur point but telling someone "It's like" you don't have sense is not too far from actually telling that person "you don't have sense".
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:06am On May 06, 2017
VERDA:

Well... I get ur point but telling someone "It's like" you don't have sense is not too far from actually telling that person "you don't have sense".

Ok no worries smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Rtopzy(f): 11:07am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Modified,thanks

U r welcome...... why are ur comments appearing with the number 3?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by oyienootieno: 11:07am On May 06, 2017
nkwuocha1:

He is in Lagos and the said guy is based in Benue bro. The feelings they had then may turn to disgust and will definitely discourage any form of closeness. As mature adults, I'm sure they will see themselves as in-laws rather. Except Ofcourse both are irresponsible.

Best advise stay clear. The fact they are related poses danger in future.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:08am On May 06, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

That is the only issue at hand.

If they didn't sleep together, then the guy should just go ahead and do his marriage
We've shared so many things together in the past,can't disclose more(I'm sorry).

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:10am On May 06, 2017
Rtopzy:

U r welcome...... why are ur comments appearing with the number 3?
grin It is a long story,my trademark...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Should I Have Sold My Virginity For N600,000? / Yoruba Man Plays Drum For His Fiancée As She Dances In Pre-wedding Photos / Pastor Charles Kalombo Apologizes For Sending Nude Videos To Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.