Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? (35686 Views)

Wife Or Friend: Who Deserves The Front Seat? / How To Date Your Sibling’s Friend? The Must-follow 10 Rules To Remember / If Your Girl Once Dated Yahoo Boy ..you Are Doomed(see Reason And Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2017
halibaba:

No! The son of ur uncle/sister is ur nephew. Cousin is a collective name for ur uncle's/sister's son or daughter. Nephew is for ur male cousin while niece is for ur female cousin. Cheers

See Olodo. The son/daughter of your Brother or sister is your Nephew/Niece and the Son/daughter of your uncle is your Cousin. undecided
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by nkwuocha1: 11:13am On May 06, 2017
oyienootieno:

Best advise stay clear. The fact they are related poses danger in future.

This things happens. It's nothing new sincerely. It's even bad when your wife decides to sleep with the husband close friend or relation(without pre-Marriage dating) .And I noticed that one is more rampant these days. If I was to be the op, I will attend the marriage and continue with my life. If she is stuupid enough to break her marriage by telling him, that's her business. As for me, lip sealed. The ONLY grounds to open up if at all is if the lady in question is of very bad character. If she good, she has the right to enjoy her matrimony with my cousin.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:14am On May 06, 2017
nkwuocha1:

But of a truth, it's best to keep this to yourself. If he's in love with her, they should go ahead except you've an ulterior motives. If I was to be in your shoes, it's a secret that will surely travel with me to the grave. Afterall she is not my wife.
I'm very secretive,but what about the lady?

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Fourwinds: 11:14am On May 06, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Tanks for the correction mr fourwind..i don edit my kwote...Na the vex wey dey my heart I use reply.I myself don experience am..I have dated or shuld I say had a frend with benefit that told me a story of how she slept with 2 brothers when she was dating one of them..As she dey yarn me the story I just dey boil for my heart..
Ohk!When the girl come holiday for my house im see my junior brother start to dey trip becos im fair and probably im don too see im prick for boxers but she was tripping sha..Omo as I rember the old story she tell me about her sexual escapade with two brothers.I wake her up for midnight,warn the girl seriously make she no repeat dat story she tell me for my own house..She comport her self.
hmmmm...I quite understand...it is very painful when u see someone u love betray u emotionally... I do preach about self control and discipline in relationship..

for those who cheat., be warn because d outcome may not be palatable

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Rtopzy(f): 11:15am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
grin It is a long story,my trademark...

Oya..... spill it
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by jobbitto(m): 11:16am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
He is my newphew.I'm not jealous(never) but I'm just trying to play safe.I don't know what would happen if I attend the wedding,we've not seen each other since we broke up.

Please take note your mum's elder brother's son is ur cousin and not your nephew. u saying he is ur nephew means u are his uncle and it will be no good if someone u can also call ur son wants to marry someone u already dated.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:16am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
Nope
Trust me wont work out smiley
Besides it's like taking someones left overs ....

For example :
Your friend is sitting next to you drinking garri (garri is the female his dating)
He spits inside this garri .. blow catar inside .. put pepper put salt in this same bowl of garri
now he drops the bowl of garri said his done
Will you eat out of that same bowl??

Now some random person can walk in ask
Na who get garri
His free to eat it .. has no knowledge whats gone into that garri
Though he may find out eventually ..

Do you get my point
It's the knowing smiley
hmmmm logical babe
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by chikeze(m): 11:16am On May 06, 2017
Hmm! I was in this same similar situation. It happened to be my cousin that i gave a girl number that i had a fling with and he wanted to try his luck. He also had a fling with her and they both started dating each other and next thing i knew he told me he was going to marry her and i thought i was all a joke but he was dead serious. I tried everything to discourage him about the marriage arrangement but it all fell on deaf ears irrespective of the fact that i had slept with her undecided .They went on with the marriage and of course i didnt attend the wedding. I guess she didnt see anything wrong with marrying my cousin. Women sef cry

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Missmossy(f): 11:18am On May 06, 2017
Chai so many complications!! This lady is in between everything. I agree with those who said you should make your cousin aware you guys dated in the past. It happens anyway, life goes on.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by nkwuocha1: 11:19am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
I'm very secretive,but what about the lady?

Well, you have to do your part. Encourage her marriage and wish her good luck. The way you present yourself will make her also forget everything that happened in the past and move on. Time heals a lot of things. In many years to come, you may not even remember how it happened sef.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:20am On May 06, 2017
Martin124:
hmmmm logical babe
Hmm,oga martin
Hope its sorted now
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:21am On May 06, 2017
Thank you all for your concerns,I really appreciate it.Though this not my old monicker,I can see many of my friends contributing.Please let's avoid unnecessary arguments and trolling,I registered this account few days ago just to remain anonymous.Thanks.

Smellymouth and smellingAnus still waiting for you guys.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:22am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:

Hmm,oga martin
Hope its sorted now
abeg eee u eh yur own wayo pass igbo man,,,na look I just dey look u sha
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:23am On May 06, 2017
Nope! No matter how much I may like the person. Loyalty 101.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Laveda(f): 11:23am On May 06, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

See Olodo. The son/daughter of your Brother or sister is your Nephew/Niece and the Son/daughter of your uncle is your Cousin. undecided

Serious olodo grin

Be Like he no go primary school?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:23am On May 06, 2017
nkwuocha1:

Well, you have to do your part. Encourage her marriage and wish her good luck. The way you present yourself will make her also forget everything that happened in the past and move on. Time heals a lot of things. In many years to come, you may not even remember how it happened sef.
Ok I'd go to the wedding,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:24am On May 06, 2017
Kondomatic:
I can't marry someone that my sibling or relation dated and if I see them with my ex, I will tell them the truth. Whatever they decides to do with the truth is entirely their business.

The reason I cannot marry the woman is because feelings can be rekindled. They can have sex again if they have had sex before.

OKANFOR'S LAW... Once eaten, always chopable!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:24am On May 06, 2017
Laveda:

Serious olodo grin

Be Like he no go primary school?

E be like lol
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by nkwuocha1: 11:25am On May 06, 2017
chikeze:
Hmm! I was in this same similar situation. It happened to be my cousin that i gave a girl number that i had a fling with and he wanted to try his luck. He also had a fling with her and they both started dating each other and next thing i knew he told me he was going to marry her and i thought i was all a joke but he was dead serious. I tried everything to discourage him about the marriage arrangement but it all fell on deaf ears irrespective of the fact that i had slept with her undecided .They went on with the marriage and of course i didnt attend the wedding. I guess she didnt see anything wrong with marrying my cousin. Women sef cry

grin grin grin.
You been dey jealous?
Same with my wife. A friend of mine been dey use her play.If we play ball finish that year, she will make this beautiful pepper soup carry come field. And that time I dey find better woman to marry. The guy dey plan marry another babe. He finally did. If you see how I take rush the babe ehn, married her in less than 6 months. She no gree marry me because of the shame but I use belle hook her down. cool cool.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:25am On May 06, 2017
Martin124:
abeg eee u eh yur own wayo pass igbo man,,,na look I just dey look u sha
I told u the deal u nowan gree free person
What u want me to do ..
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:27am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
I told u the deal u nowan gree free person What u want me to do ..
which deal ke,@ d oza room or for hia
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by gentlegenius(m): 11:27am On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:
For me, the guy code comes into play.

The only way, I can get past having "stirrings" towards her is after express permission by my friend.

Forget Love or her being sexy, the code comes first
What code are you talking about?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Smellymouth: 11:28am On May 06, 2017
Why not?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by lodphil(m): 11:28am On May 06, 2017
Mr Op u must tell ur cousine,it's then left for ur cousin to either go on with the marriage or not.Though I believe he will go on with the wedding if he truly loves the gal just lyk u said.
Secrets are heavy load,r u ready to carry such load?,won't you be visiting that ur cousin?
Do you know that ur ex can bring serious problems between u and ur cousin because of such secret.

Most people forget that a lot of times the past determines the future,and that is exactly why one should be careful of the present.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by cutedharmee: 11:29am On May 06, 2017
Pls let go of it. Your gurlfy is also someone's ex
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Clonus: 11:29am On May 06, 2017
I think you should tell your nephew about your relationship with her.it happened to me and till tomorrow I've not forgiven my friend. He did introduce this lady to me, we got on well and got married only for me to realize later that they had something together. Bro that's the worst feeling I've ever had. I felt so betrayed may be not by my wife but by my so called friend.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by nkwuocha1: 11:30am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Ok I'd go to the wedding,thanks.

Go to the wedding, but remember to wish her a blissful marriage. Be cheerful and comport yourself well. No need to make this transient life a miserable one to live jare.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by nkwuocha1: 11:31am On May 06, 2017
Clonus:
I think you should tell your nephew about your relationship with her.it happened to me and till tomorrow I've not forgiven my friend. He did introduce this lady to me, we got on well and got married only for me to realize later that they had something together. Bro that's the worst feeling I've ever had. I felt so betrayed may be not by my wife but by my so called friend.

And who told you about the affair?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:32am On May 06, 2017
Rtopzy:
Oya..... spill it
Ayam coming grin

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:33am On May 06, 2017
nkwuocha1:

Go to the wedding, but remember to wish her a blissful marriage. Be cheerful and comport yourself well. No need to make this transient life a miserable one to live jare.
Gratias

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:34am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
Nope
Trust me wont work out smiley
Besides it's like taking someones left overs ....

For example :
Your friend is sitting next to you drinking garri (garri is the female his dating)
He spits inside this garri .. blow catar inside .. put pepper put salt in this same bowl of garri
now he drops the bowl of garri said his done
Will you eat out of that same bowl??

Now some random person can walk in ask
Na who get garri
His free to eat it .. has no knowledge whats gone into that garri
Though he may find out eventually ..

Do you get my point
It's the knowing smiley

Eewwwwww ur point is so disgusting o. Abeg use another example grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Should I Have Sold My Virginity For N600,000? / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal / Yoruba Man Plays Drum For His Fiancée As She Dances In Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.