Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? (35689 Views)

Wife Or Friend: Who Deserves The Front Seat? / How To Date Your Sibling’s Friend? The Must-follow 10 Rules To Remember / If Your Girl Once Dated Yahoo Boy ..you Are Doomed(see Reason And Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by MarieSucre(f): 11:34am On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:

This post is wrong and unfair. Except you are marrying your first BF/GF, you are also leftovers.

Being the ex of someone you know is not a sin

Thank you very much for this, and they wonder why ladies are wary of giving up the 'cookie'. Nobody likes labels.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:35am On May 06, 2017
Smellymouth:
Why not?
Inakuana?

Respekkkkkkkkkk boss man

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by MarieSucre(f): 11:35am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
Nope
Trust me wont work out smiley
Besides it's like taking someones left overs ....

For example :
Your friend is sitting next to you drinking garri (garri is the female his dating)
He spits inside this garri .. blow catar inside .. put pepper put salt in this same bowl of garri
now he drops the bowl of garri said his done
Will you eat out of that same bowl??

Now some random person can walk in ask
Na who get garri
His free to eat it .. has no knowledge whats gone into that garri
Though he may find out eventually ..

Do you get my point
It's the knowing smiley

So a woman is a bowl of garri that they have spit in, blown catarrh in, put pepper and salt in se. What then would you call all the people putting all this mede-mede into the bowl?

And you call yourself woman. smh

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:37am On May 06, 2017
chikeze:
Hmm! I was in this same similar situation. It happened to be my cousin that i gave a girl number that i had a fling with and he wanted to try his luck. He also had a fling with her and they both started dating each other and next thing i knew he told me he was going to marry her and i thought i was all a joke but he was dead serious. I tried everything to discourage him about the marriage arrangement but it all fell on deaf ears irrespective of the fact that i had slept with her undecided .They went on with the marriage and of course i didnt attend the wedding. I guess she didnt see anything wrong with marrying my cousin. Women sef cry

Trust me bro. You are the Loser in this your story cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:39am On May 06, 2017
Clonus:
I think you should tell your nephew about your relationship with her.it happened to me and till tomorrow I've not forgiven my friend. He did introduce this lady to me, we got on well and got married only for me to realize later that they had something together. Bro that's the worst feeling I've ever had. I felt so betrayed may be not by my wife but by my so called friend.
You made a good point but I have decided to keep quiet and attend the wedding.I'd comport myself,I'm just praying for the lady to comport also,don't wanna act "Africa Magic epic" on that day.Thanks for your concern.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Mynd44: 11:40am On May 06, 2017
MarieSucre:

Thank you very much for this, and they wonder why ladies are wary of giving up the 'cookie'. Nobody likes labels.
Another misconception. You think sex is some gift that women give guys and not something shared between two people who feel very strongly towards one another.

As for labels, if you worry about the labels society put you, you need to build yourself up
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Smellymouth: 11:40am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Inakuana?

Respekkkkkkkkkk boss man

Hahahaha. Ina kwana?
Honestly, it's no biggie to me .
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:41am On May 06, 2017
MarieSucre:

So a woman is a bowl of garri that has spit in, blow catarrh in, put pepper and salt in se. What then would you call all the people putting all this mede-mede into the bowl?

And you call yourself woman. smh
When you understand the meaning of hypothetically speaking .. you can requote
Keep shacking ur head till it drops undecided
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:41am On May 06, 2017
Is not advisable to encourage ur cousin to date a gal uv used up and dumped, why should ur cousin eat ur vomit. u beta inform ur cousin or he will 4ever h8 u.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by permit(m): 11:42am On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Good morning peeps, I have been pondering about this issue since last week.

I was chatting with my nephew on whassapp few days ago,while we were chatting, I observed something strange. He is planning to settle down with his fiancee very soon, I was surprised when I saw the picture of his fiancee but I pretended as if I don't know her. I have dated this babe before (to be honest), I dated her after I broke up with my first love few years ago. We dated for 2 years and 3 months, I don't really know what to do. I don't want to burst my nephew's bubbles because he is so much in love, I don't have any problem with their union but I'm planning to avoid the marriage.

Am I right or wrong, please no bashing or insults, thank you all.

op am eager to see ur advice to our young ladies out there spreading their stupid legs for all guys, we can nw judge if sex is their ultimate pleasure b4 marriage, i bet u, contemporary to this trend sofar this hubby is not for you!!! Lolz... U fink u are doing me! No... U are doing urself!.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:43am On May 06, 2017
Stelvin101:

Eewwwwww ur point is so disgusting o. Abeg use another example grin
Lol wen una no one hear word
Lol at least u get it grin grin na so o u go drink dat garri
Ans nao grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by MarieSucre(f): 11:43am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
When you understand the meaning of hypothetically speaking .. you can requote Keep shacking ur head till it drops undecided
This hypothesis breeds negative stereotypes about women.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Mynd44: 11:43am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
Nope

For example :
Your friend is sitting next to you drinking garri (garri is the female his dating)
He spits inside this garri .. blow catar inside .. put pepper put salt in this same bowl of garri

Na who get garri

Do you get my point
It's the knowing smiley
You are comparing women to a commodity? You are implying that because a man dates a woman he has used her? Please women are humans with feelings and emotions who should not have to deal with these labels and subtle insults.

This is 2017 for Obatala's sakes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:44am On May 06, 2017
quentin06:
Is not advisable to encourage ur cousin to date a gal uv used up and dumped, why should ur cousin eat ur vomit. u beta inform ur cousin or he will 4ever h8 u.
Oshey o
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:44am On May 06, 2017
Smellymouth:

Hahahaha. Ina kwana?
Honestly, it's no biggie to me .
Thanks baba nla.Shey I no correct for the hausa abi?ok "yaya aiki"

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:46am On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:

You are comparing women to a commodity? You are implying that because a man dates a woman he has used her? Please women are humans with feelings and emotions who should not have to deal with these labels and subtle insults.

This is 2017 for Obatala's sakes
Haha i am not
Lol we just explain things different some get what i mean others see it black n white instead of getting the message behind it

We all entitled to our opinoin . Thats just mine
One opinion shouldnt affect the rest if you cool with it fine

I am not simple.. not judging anyone na der biz just gave my thoughts on it
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:46am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:

Lol wen una no one hear word
Lol at least u get it grin grin na so o u go drink dat garri
Ans nao grin

Trust me the garri I drank is worst than the one u just described. Mine, Shiiit even dey inside but today I am a happy married man grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 06, 2017
Stelvin101:

Trust me the garri I drank is worst than the one u just described. Mine, Shiiit even dey inside but today I am a happy married man grin
Kiki u eh

So you still marry u no die of poisoning happy days grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:50am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:

hmmmm wink
Bumbae1:

hmmmm
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 11:50am On May 06, 2017
permit:
op am eager to see ur advice to our young ladies out there spreading their stupid legs for all guys, we can nw judge if sex is their ultimate pleasure b4 marriage, i bet u, contemporary to this trend sofar this hubby is not for you!!! Lolz... U fink u are doing me! No... U are doing urself!.
What are you insinuating?I was faithful to her,never cheated on her(I sweardown).We broke up because of....

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:52am On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:

Kiki u eh

So you still marry u no die of poisoning happy days grin

Haven't you heard the saying What can't kill you, makes you...... wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 06, 2017
Stelvin101:

Haven't you heard the saying What can't kill you, makes you...... wink
Wahlahi
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by ollymaye: 11:53am On May 06, 2017
Thr is Nothing bad in it really
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by permit(m): 12:01pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
What are you insinuating?I was faithful to her,never cheated on her(I sweardown).We broke up because of....

all i need from u s just the paining truth u ar hidin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Mynd44: 12:03pm On May 06, 2017
BlaQWolf:

Mynd I don't think I can concur to your assertions ...

They dated yes and it didn't work out so what?
The guy code will only involve him letting his nephew know they once had something and it should end at that...

Them getting married is totally none of his biz andnhe should just get over it and attend the wedding and even wish them well...
The past is the past for a reason unless he wants to say something deeply wrong about the girl....

Dude is just jealous ...QED
We both quote the code easily. The code does not give for silliness and pettiness. He can't without permission over silly reasons.

His permission comes with being informed whether he likes it or not. It is not up to him……anything else is him being a child and voids the code.

His withholding permission should be because they are still involved or something valid like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by permit(m): 12:03pm On May 06, 2017
ollymaye:
Thr is Nothing bad in it really
.how can u say this in public....?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by lodphil(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
You made a good point but I have decided to keep quiet and attend the wedding.I'd comport myself,I'm just praying for the lady to comport also,don't wanna act "Africa Magic epic" on that day.Thanks for your concern.

nothing is hidden under the sun,no matter how secretive u are.Your cousin may later find out maybe from even ur ex mistakenly and only God knows the kind of trust he will ve for u,no matter how blissful the marriage is.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by andaxon: 12:05pm On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
Nope

For example :

Na who get garri

Do you get my point
It's the knowing smiley
You've got terrible friends.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 06, 2017
andaxon:

You've got terrible friends.
Lol na example o jesu
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 12:08pm On May 06, 2017
permit:
all i need from u s just the paining truth u ar hidin
Madam biko,I don't want trouble,I'm not hiding anything(believe it or not).I was sincere with her,I wanted to marry her.Don't just sit in your room and jump into conclusion....always investigate before you speculate(no offence madam).Have a great day,for your information;I'm not angry because she is dating my cousin,I'm only trying to avoid unnecessary family ish(that's all).

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Missonas(f): 12:08pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Are you still communicating,what was his reactions?I'm very sorry for being inquisitive

This is obviously your main fear. Hurting your cousin whether you tell him now or he finds out later he would still hurt. I think it would be better you let him make that decision himself. You should have told him from that first day he sent u her pix ur keeping quiet complicates things now as it is. How you tell him should be the issue here. I'd let her do it if i were you. Yea you BOTH owe him that much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal / Yoruba Man Plays Drum For His Fiancée As She Dances In Pre-wedding Photos / Pastor Charles Kalombo Apologizes For Sending Nude Videos To Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.