Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? (35682 Views)

Wife Or Friend: Who Deserves The Front Seat? / How To Date Your Sibling’s Friend? The Must-follow 10 Rules To Remember / If Your Girl Once Dated Yahoo Boy ..you Are Doomed(see Reason And Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by goldstar25(f): 12:14pm On May 06, 2017
I would prefer it if you told him because if he hears it from someone else believe me he won't trust you again. also if you decide to tell him don't badmouth the babe. this is my opinion sha

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by skedemi(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
Nope
Trust me wont work out smiley
Besides it's like taking someones left overs ....

For example :
Your friend is sitting next to you drinking garri (garri is the female his dating)
He spits inside this garri .. blow catar inside .. put pepper put salt in this same bowl of garri
now he drops the bowl of garri said his done
Will you eat out of that same bowl??

Now some random person can walk in ask
Na who get garri
His free to eat it .. has no knowledge whats gone into that garri
Though he may find out eventually ..

Do you get my point
It's the knowing smiley

you is smart girl

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 12:15pm On May 06, 2017
Missonas:

This is obviously your main fear. Hurting your cousin whether you tell him now or he finds out later he would still hurt. I think it would be better you let him make that decision himself. You should have told him from that first day he sent u her pix ur keeping quiet complicates things now as it is. How you tell him should be the issue here. I'd let her do it if i were you. Yea you BOTH owe him that much

Thanks,I really appreciate your comments,you've said it all.I don't want to hurt any of them,I want to stay out of their picture for good.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 12:18pm On May 06, 2017
goldstar25:
I would prefer it if you told him because if he hears it from someone else believe me he won't trust you again. also if you decide to tell him don't badmouth the babe. this is my opinion sha
I can never badmouth my ex(never),I don't do that but my cousin is very impulsive.I'm just afraid of the aftermath...
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 12:22pm On May 06, 2017
lodphil:
nothing is hidden under the sun,no matter how secretive u are.Your cousin may later find out maybe from even ur ex mistakenly and only God knows the kind of trust he will ve for u,no matter how blissful the marriage is.
I know this already,just seeking for the best advice.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by bilulu(m): 12:25pm On May 06, 2017
Headlesschicken:
Nope never,i don't eat left overs...
all d ones u ve been dating are dey not left over? ve u dated a virgin? d one u will marry if she's not a virgin is she not someone's left over?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Funkybabee(f): 12:27pm On May 06, 2017
I just dey wonder why guys here are saying leftover, and not even think that lady is somebody else sister oo.even they know it can be their junior Sister one day!!!!!but the most worst part of it is even girls here are saying no ko Jo rara truly women are their own enemy, and to u Op tell ur nephew abi weting u call him about ur ex relationship if he truly love her he will continue if he can't let him leave her be. it look like that lady have already curse abt meeting ur family, let her begin to live her new life!!!!karma is surely coming bk watch out for it.

nonsense talk
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Odianose13(m): 12:30pm On May 06, 2017
Brother, just tell him before the wedding (without emotions in words). but tell him your affair with her was not sexual ( i do not think the lady will tell him you bleeped her). Cos if u tell ur cousin that u bleeped her, it will always be in his memory and i tell u, he will end his closeness to you and keep a great distance from you (as men consider these actions safe in such situations). Just tell him the lady frustrated your advances and u left her. But please, if really that lady was unfaithful to u or was bleeping a lot of guys in ur area and u just cut your own share...... DO NOT LET YOUR COUSIN MARRY HER!!!!! cos many men will tell him. Just treat it with much maturity and leave the rest to them.

Regards.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Snow5(m): 12:31pm On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:

This post is wrong and unfair. Except you are marrying your first BF/GF, you are also leftovers.

Being the ex of someone you know is not a sin

That person is very insensitive for posting such.. I just tire for the post.. Makes me wanna puke.

Just look at his lame man's explanation.. Very opposite with what's on ground.

Behave oo
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by lereinter(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2017
this is really hard ooo
immediately u saw her pics you should ve mentioned her name to your cousin...
he will then question u
but u can
tell your cousin to show the gal your pics and take it from there
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by dingbang(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2017
Phew
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 12:35pm On May 06, 2017
Funkybabee:
I just dey wonder why guys here are saying leftover, and not even think that lady is somebody else sister oo.even they know it can be their junior Sister one day!!!!!but the most worst part of it is even girls here are saying no ko Jo rara truly women are their own enemy, and to u Op tell ur nephew abi weting u call him about ur ex relationship if he truly love her he will continue if he can't let him leave her be. it look like that lady have already curse abt meeting ur family, let her begin to live her new life!!!!karma is surely coming bk watch out for it.

nonsense talk
Na wa o,karma how?I didn't rape her na,this is just life drama.You can't marry all your admirers or toasters,can you?

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 06, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
blood go dey smell

Which kin blood na..

Friends na blood?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 12:38pm On May 06, 2017
Odianose13:
Brother, just tell him before the wedding (without emotions in words). but tell him your affair with her was not sexual ( i do not think the lady will tell him you bleeped her). Cos if u tell ur cousin that u bleeped her, it will always be in his memory and i tell u, he will end his closeness to you and keep a great distance from you (as men consider these actions safe in such situations). Just tell him the lady frustrated your advances and u left her. But please, if really that lady was unfaithful to u or was bleeping a lot of guys in ur area and u just cut your own share...... DO NOT LET YOUR COUSIN MARRY HER!!!!! cos many men will tell him. Just treat it with much maturity and leave the rest to them.

Regards.
I don tire self.Thanks for your advice.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by babyfaceafrica: 12:39pm On May 06, 2017
daylyt:

Which kin blood na..

Friends na blood?
some friends are closer than family..those are the kind I roll wiyh
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Mpanyi: 12:39pm On May 06, 2017
Since it's got to marriage level, don't tell him. But always distance yourself from her. He may find out later about you people's past but by that time they may have had kids and his love for the wife unbreakable. He may feel bad but then there would nothing he can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 12:40pm On May 06, 2017
lereinter:
this is really hard ooo
immediately u saw her pics you should ve mentioned her name to your cousin...
he will then question u
but u can
tell your cousin to show the gal your pics and take it from there
Bros,dis your advice na gobe oooo(lol)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by ollymaye: 12:42pm On May 06, 2017
permit:
.how can u say this in public....?
Sibling bad, but nothing bad if it's friend... its love that really matter my dear
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Missonas(f): 12:47pm On May 06, 2017
Odianose13:
Regards.

He has no right to stop the wedding if thats what his cousin wants. She may have had her past as we all do but what if shes changed? Let the cousin make the decision he dont have to be the third wheel. Maybe this is another test of their love for eachother sef. Love conquers ALL!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 12:55pm On May 06, 2017
Missonas:

He has no right to stop it if its trully meant to be. She may have had her past as we all do but what if shes changed? Let the cousin make the decision he dont have to be the third wheel. Maybe this is another test of their love for eachother sef. Love conquers ALL!
I'm not even the type that interfere in another man's life.I have seen worse scenes in life,till date I'm still keeping them.I have regretted some,while I'm still happy for keeping some.I'm an introvert,I don't like bugs so I don't bug people also.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Missonas(f): 12:56pm On May 06, 2017
Mpanyi:
Since it's got to marriage level, don't tell him. But always distance yourself from her. He may find out later about you people's past but by that time they may have had kids and his love for the wife unbreakable. He may feel bad but then there would nothing he can do about it.

How sure are you about that? People react differently to things. You heard the op say his cousin is impulsive. What if he changes completely when he finds out or worse still walks out. What can be healed nw should be healed not nursed. My opinion

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 06, 2017
Kondomatic:
I can't marry someone that my sibling or relation dated and if I see them with my ex, I will tell them the truth. Whatever they decides to do with the truth is entirely their business.

The reason I cannot marry the woman is because feelings can be rekindled. They can have sex again if they have had sex before.

You are right guy!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Atunma(f): 1:08pm On May 06, 2017
Because u know the groom abi? Pls lets be mature , if I were the one, I will attend my cousin's wedding and let the girl deal with it her own way. We dated before and parted amicably, kini big deal? All u guys who are dating non virgins are eating left overs. Besides this guy is not ur blood brother which means you do not get to see them regularly. Abeg no use ur aproko spoil their marital bliss. If ur conscience dey wound u , u can look for a perfect excuse for not attending the wedding. If u must attend, relate as acquaintances. Old tins have passed and behold everything is new.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Missonas(f): 1:09pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
I'm not even the type that interfere in another man's life.I have seen worse scenes in life,till date I'm still keeping them.I have regretted some,while I'm still happy for keeping some.I'm an introvert,I don't like bugs so I don't bug people also

I get you. Life just happened which is normal the main thing now is how you handle. You can choose to bottle it all up and stay away or still ease up your conscience and let it all out. But you should be ready for whatever happens after that. Their reactions and relationship with u may be affected aftr u spill be ready. And then again if u decide not to spill, be ready to distance yourself

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by SmartyPants(m): 1:12pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Good morning peeps, I have been pondering about this issue since last week.

I was chatting with my nephew on whassapp few days ago,while we were chatting, I observed something strange. He is planning to settle down with his fiancee very soon, I was surprised when I saw the picture of his fiancee but I pretended as if I don't know her. I have dated this babe before (to be honest), I dated her after I broke up with my first love few years ago. We dated for 2 years and 3 months, I don't really know what to do. I don't want to burst my nephew's bubbles because he is so much in love, I don't have any problem with their union but I'm planning to avoid the marriage.

Am I right or wrong, please no bashing or insults, thank you all.

Why not just tell him the plain truth and leave him to make his decision?

Why are you people so inclined to tell lies to protect yourselves?

Cowards!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by kizyalex10(m): 1:16pm On May 06, 2017
The question should be,is the girl a marriage material?since u have dated her before,if yes then no problem,keep it low Nd avoid letting ur bro knw,maybe after the wedding u can tell him.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by kizyalex10(m): 1:17pm On May 06, 2017
kizyalex10:
The question should be,is the girl a marriage material?since u have dated her before,if yes then no problem,keep it low Nd avoid letting ur bro knw,maybe after the wedding u can tell him.
or discuss with d girl bfor deciding
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 06, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
some friends are closer than family..those are the kind I roll wiyh

Oh I see.. cool
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 1:20pm On May 06, 2017
Atunma:
Because u know the groom abi? Pls lets be mature , if I were the one, I will attend my cousin's wedding and let the girl deal with it her own way. We dated before and parted amicably, kini big deal? All u guys who are dating non virgins are eating left overs. Besides this guy is not ur blood brother which means you do not get to see them regularly. Abeg no use ur aproko spoil their marital bliss. If ur conscience dey wound u , u can look for a perfect excuse for not attending the wedding. If u must attend, relate as acquaintances. Old tins have passed and behold everything is new.
Point of correction madam,please I'm not an "aproko"(no hard feeling).Some of you are deviating from the main issue,I'm not angry with them.I'm very happy that they are getting married,I'm only looking for ways to stay out of their lives for good.If you think I'm jealous,you are on a long thing(lol).I don't want my ex to cause commotion on that day,my family won't forgive me,I'm just praying for her to comport herself.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 1:22pm On May 06, 2017
SmartyPants:

Why not just tell him the plain truth and leave him to make his decision?

Why are you people so inclined to tell lies to protect yourselves?

Cowards!
Do you think the lady and her family would be happy with me if my cousin break up with her,we are Africans bruh....moreover there's no need for your last word,there's nothing cowardice in this matter(no offence).Thanks for your contribution though.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Papichulo8888(m): 1:39pm On May 06, 2017
Well!!! My own opinion, was she a responsible babe when u guys dated? what causes the break up? if she not good for your cousin, if better you let him know before is too late ,but if is the other way round, you just mind your own business and wish them best of luck.... you can even attend the wedding , since there's nothing to hide and she didn't messed up while you guys were dating.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Noniee: 1:45pm On May 06, 2017
Nop, i cant marry!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal / Should I Have Sold My Virginity For N600,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.