Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? (35691 Views)

Wife Or Friend: Who Deserves The Front Seat? / How To Date Your Sibling’s Friend? The Must-follow 10 Rules To Remember / If Your Girl Once Dated Yahoo Boy ..you Are Doomed(see Reason And Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by justmenoni: 1:54pm On May 06, 2017
But na you talk sey u dey mad na

Youdondeymad:
grin Behave

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by MarieSucre(f): 1:56pm On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:

Another misconception. You think sex is some gift that women give guys and not something shared between two people who feel very strongly towards one another.

As for labels, if you worry about the labels society put you, you need to build yourself up

My post is agreeing with yours. I'm not the one with the misconception. I am telling you what a lot of guys think. That a woman loses value once they have been with her. Women don't think this way Btw.
And all these scenarios breed labels "ho", "slut", "cheerful-giver", leftover" etc

Not that I support. it.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by buzzyma4me: 1:58pm On May 06, 2017
SIRmanjar:
Pls he shuldnt try it o,you guys might continue from where you stopped behind his back..It has happened to so many people that married there junior brothers ex.They will continue especially if the guy is good in bed ad richer than him along the line.
Apart from that how person go marry woman wey im brother or frend don see,use her body finish..NEVER!
You are right, they might continue behind his back,its better to tell him now,but not directly, Tell your parents to call him and let's him understand the consequences, And if he insisted then he is on his own.but then try not to be too close to his family.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 2:01pm On May 06, 2017
justmenoni:
But na you talk sey u dey mad na

grin Naaaaa! I didn't say so,"youdondeymad" is the correct....
Wetin do your old monicker,you dey exile abi(lol)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by adontcare(f): 2:08pm On May 06, 2017
This is serious. Dis is y it is not gud to date many men
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 06, 2017
The truth will reveal it's self one day.so tell your cousin/nephew now.if he decides to go on with her fine, but let the cat out.
If you dont, I swear you will pay the price in future
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by MENTORCH(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:

This post is wrong and unfair. Except you are marrying your first BF/GF, you are also leftovers.

Being the ex of someone you know is not a sin

The only problem is that you know the person that she dated, any Guy marrying a non virgin too is eating someone's left over.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Mynd44: 2:22pm On May 06, 2017
MENTORCH:

The only problem is that you know the person that she dated, any Guy or girl marrying a non virgin too is eating someone's left over.

Corrected

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by HellRaiXer: 2:33pm On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:

This post is wrong and unfair. Except you are marrying your first BF/GF, you are also leftovers.

Some things don't necessarily have to be sin before they are unacceptable.
Marrying the ex of a sibling is all shades of wrong.

Everything mustn't be narrowed down to tolerance.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by justmenoni: 2:37pm On May 06, 2017
grin grin angry grin, but shey youdondeymad?

Youdondeymad:
grin Naaaaa! I didn't say so,"youdondeymad" is the correct....
Wetin do your old monicker,you dey exile abi(lol)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by HARDDON: 2:41pm On May 06, 2017
jagugu88li:
No

I concur!

@ ur siggy, that makes me even feel extra special cos in all those numbers, there is just one of Me! Yes, Me!

cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 2:41pm On May 06, 2017
justmenoni:
grin grin angry grin, but shey youdondeymad?

tongue grin grin angry grin, LadyF take ya time

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 2:44pm On May 06, 2017
HARDDON:

I concur!

@ ur siggy, that makes me even feel extra special cos in all those numbers, there is just one of Me! Yes, Me!

cool
Good afternoon redmate.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by SmellingAnus(m): 2:46pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Thank you all for your concerns,I really appreciate it.Though this not my old monicker,I can see many of my friends contributing.Please let's avoid unnecessary arguments and trolling,I registered this account few days ago just to remain anonymous.Thanks.

Smellymouth and smellingAnus still waiting for you guys.

firstly, what's your motive in wanting to tell your cousin you once dated her? Was she a prostitute or you most likely want to discourage him from moving ahead with his plans for her which is what it looks like wether you accept it or not.... Listen, Listen, Listen attentively, please dont ever tell your cousin about your closed relationship with his wife to be, if he finds out in the future, simply tell him that you were after his joy and you weren't willing to gamble his happiness then for a relationship that didn't work out.... So let them be.... I will advise you attend the wedding but if you don't feel like, it's your choice to make but please no go put sand sand for another man garri

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by justmenoni: 2:47pm On May 06, 2017
I'm not ladyf jor

Youdondeymad:
tongue grin grin angry grin, LadyF take ya time

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 2:50pm On May 06, 2017
justmenoni:
I'm not ladyf jor

cheesy *Yawns*
Ok noted

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by AHCB: 2:50pm On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:

I'm sure you'll be considered as "left over" by your next, and next girlfriend, right?

I wonder what manner of shallow minded comment is this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 2:52pm On May 06, 2017
SmellingAnus:
firstly, what's your motive in wanting to tell your cousin you once dated her? Was she a prostitute or you most likely want to discourage him from moving ahead with his plans for her which is what it looks like wether you accept it or not.... Listen, Listen, Listen attentively, please dont ever tell your cousin about your closed relationship with his wife to be, if he finds out in the future, simply tell him that you were after his joy and you weren't willing to gamble his happiness then for a relationship that didn't work out.... So let them be.... I will advise you attend the wedding but if you don't feel like, it's your choice to make but please no go put sand sand for another man garri
Boss man,I've been waiting for your comments since 12 AD(lol),thanks for your advice.Have a great day.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by diva90: 2:52pm On May 06, 2017
Based on logistics... It depends!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by VERDA: 2:56pm On May 06, 2017
quentin06:
Is not advisable to encourage ur cousin to date a gal uv used up and dumped, why should ur cousin eat ur vomit. u beta inform ur cousin or he will 4ever h8 u.

Vomit ke,na Wa for you o....i guess ur female friends an family members are someone else's vomit then, except they are all virgins.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by megareal: 2:58pm On May 06, 2017
The better option is to reach out to the girl, FB, whatsapp etc. Discuss the issue and ask her what she wants. If she prefers silence, work on the modalities for that and follow it thru.

Appearing on her wedding day only for her to discover you are related to her husband may cause her to react abnormally which in turn will raise questions.

Disappear from their lives after the wedding and be on guard in case the secret ever leaks. Your best defence is you were only involved in a platonic relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by SmellingAnus(m): 3:00pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Boss man,I've been waiting for your comments since 12 AD(lol),thanks for your advice.Have a great day.

hahahahah sorry I saw it late... Much thanks... Have a great day too...

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 3:03pm On May 06, 2017
diva90:
Based on logistics... It depends!
I'd like you to explain more on it if you don't mind.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 3:06pm On May 06, 2017
megareal:
The better option is to reach out to the girl, FB, whatsapp etc. Discuss the issue and ask her what she wants. If she prefers silence, work on the modalities for that and follow it thru.

Appearing on her wedding day only for her to discover you are related to her husband may cause her to react abnormally which in turn will raise questions.

Disappear from their lives after the wedding and be on guard in case the secret ever leaks. Your best defence is you were only involved in a platonic relationship.
Thanks but is the FB and whassap thingy not too risky?To be honest,I don't want to interfere in their lives,I want them to be happy.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by megareal: 3:16pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Thanks but is the FB and whassap thingy not too risky?To be honest,I don't want to interfere in their lives,I want them to be happy.

It is risky. Ur initial approach isn't to talk abt that but to establish contact. After that, find a way of communicating without evidence. I had thought to put that in at the first post but didn't want a longer epistle.

You will not interfere, you will be avoiding unforseen problems.

Or

Stylishly find out from you coz if he had introduced you to the girl via pix, if he says yes, then you already know she wants to keep it quiet. That automatically helps you play the game, if no, pls try to find a way to do the above. The aim is to avoid any problem that will curtail the marriage. What's done is done.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 3:19pm On May 06, 2017
megareal:

It is risky. Ur initial approach isn't to talk abt that but to establish contact. After that, find a way of communicating without evidence. I had thought to put that in at the first post but didn't want a longer epistle.

You will not interfere, you will be avoiding unforseen problems.

Or

Stylishly find out from you coz if he had introduced you to the girl via pix, if he says yes, then you already know she wants to keep it quiet. That automatically helps you play the game, if no, pls try to find a way to do the above. The aim is to avoid any problem that will curtail the marriage. What's done is done.
Thanks for your contribution.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by oluwashedy: 3:19pm On May 06, 2017
Why did you guys breakup in the first place
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
We've shared so many things together in the past,can't disclose more(I'm sorry).

then save your brother and tell him the whole truth. if he then goes ahead, at least you did your part. shikena

but OP, na u don dey mad sha grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 3:31pm On May 06, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

then save your brother and tell him the whole truth. if he then goes ahead, at least you did your part. shikena

but OP, na u don dey mad sha grin
grin grin Naaaa! Ayam not mad.Thanks for your contribution.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 3:35pm On May 06, 2017
oluwashedy:
Why did you guys breakup in the first place
It is a long story,can't even share it on the net(I'm sorry).But she is a good lady,we are both introverted(part of the reasons we separated).

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by bigsmoke2(m): 3:40pm On May 06, 2017
Friends, yes siblings no

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by davide470(m): 3:55pm On May 06, 2017
Which kind of yeye comparison be this?
Bumbae1:
Nope
Trust me wont work out smiley
Besides it's like taking someones left overs ....

For example :
Your friend is sitting next to you drinking garri (garri is the female his dating)
He spits inside this garri .. blow catar inside .. put pepper put salt in this same bowl of garri
now he drops the bowl of garri said his done
Will you eat out of that same bowl??

Now some random person can walk in ask
Na who get garri
His free to eat it .. has no knowledge whats gone into that garri
Though he may find out eventually ..

Do you get my point
It's the knowing smiley

To the OP, don't tell mhen. She has found happiness, don't spoil it. Move on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Yoruba Man Plays Drum For His Fiancée As She Dances In Pre-wedding Photos / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal / Solutions To Spirit Husband And Spirit Wife Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.