Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting (25953 Views)

See Things To Avoid When Pregnant / 10 Common Drugs To Avoid During Pregnancy!!! / FG Donates Made-in-nigeria Drugs To Cameroon's Train Accident Victims (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by mamuzoOMAH(m): 11:28am On May 06, 2017
and not excess caffeine

1 Like

Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by Liftedhands(f): 11:45am On May 06, 2017
Ceejayo:
My research project: caffeine is the most widely abused drug women use during pregnancy
Moderation is key! Fatigue is the number one reason most preggers use caffeine.

Some days a cup of my morning coffee gives me the fuel I need to get by.
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by nsiazu: 1:37pm On May 06, 2017
rosieflower2:
Till den
why?
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by madridguy(m): 1:41pm On May 06, 2017
Good post.
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by Jammiiee(m): 2:58pm On May 06, 2017
Abiye kiss
foyeks2001:
Thanks Op....although I don't take any medication without the Doctor's prescription.... learnt that from my mom....I'm expecting my third child, still in my first trimester sha....
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by Babayoutoomuch(f): 3:07pm On May 06, 2017
peacettw:
Nice one. Also avoid Septrin in your last trimester, it can lead to blood loss and jaundice or yellow eyes in your baby.

Avoid herbal medications. Your body may be able to handle it but your baby can't thus damaging his or her little organs.

Do you want your baby to have a decreased risk of being deformed? Well, just make sure you take folic acid (the tiny yellow tablet) in the first 3 months of your pregnancy.

Yeah! Tiny but mighty.
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by pharmdrjoe: 3:16pm On May 06, 2017
ibuprofen is in category B so therefore its safe during pregnancy just that excessive use like other drugs is not good
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by Babayoutoomuch(f): 3:31pm On May 06, 2017
Nice one OP.

A pharmacist once told me he has brown teeth because his mother took tetracycline during his pregnancy, so expectant mothers beware!

Only antenatal drugs all the way.

If you must take any other drugs see your doctor.
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by Burntcoal(f): 4:04pm On May 06, 2017
hello ple hp u r having a nice day. I'm in my third trimester and I av noticed I av developed dis strange urge to scratch my belly especially the lower part and my breast. den I'm addicted to cold water, tried to stop drinking it,BT ordinary water just dnt make sense. I wake up at midnight to chew on ice. sometyms hubby locks d frige.

wat can I do to stop d scratching n d iced water addiction tanks
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by ROZZAYY(f): 4:07pm On May 06, 2017
thank you
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by tete7000(m): 4:56pm On May 06, 2017
gbaskiboy:
send me your account details you are right grin

I m coming. Thanks in advance. cheesy
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by RxH8: 9:26pm On May 06, 2017
Ceejayo:
My research project: caffeine is the most widely abused drug women use during pregnancy
Nice. Could you please provide more info...study location, trimester etc. Did you evaluate prescription drugs?
Re: Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting by foyeks2001(f): 11:25pm On May 06, 2017
Jammiiee:
Abiye kiss
Amin o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pile (hemorrhoids - Idi Yiyo) Permanent And Natural Treatment / My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) / Boy Suffers Ruptured Intestines After Father’s Brutality (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.