Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule (2771 Views)

Caracta's No Cyber Judging Rule! / Have You Heard About The contraceptive app better than pills ? / I Need Advise On The Best Contraceptive To Take! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 06, 2017
It's probably the last thing a woman expects to see after going through labour and giving birth.

But for Lucy Hellein, from Alabama, the situation was all too real, reports the Daily Mail

Her newborn son was delivered by midwives clutching her coil – designed to stop her from getting pregnant in the first place.

Since being uploaded to Facebook last week, the ironic photo of Dexter Tyler has amassed more than 71 000 shares to date, the website reported.

She told Metro: "Dexter was definitely meant to be. His original due date was May 4th and even the doctor said "the force was strong with this one.

Although he wasn't planned, my family and I feel incredibly blessed."

Ms Hellein added that it was actually her third Mirena device, which is a hormonal form of the coil, also known as an IUS, she had been fitted with.

Despite being fitted with the 99 per cent effective contraceptive in August last year, she discovered she was pregnant just before Christmas.

She was told she was already 18 weeks gone, suggesting she had conceived just days after it was planted inside her uterus.

Daily Mail
http://www.iol.co.za/news/back-page/look-baby-clutches-his-mothers-birth-control-coil-8954405

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by bibijay123(f): 11:26pm On May 06, 2017
Lol wow! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by baby124: 11:57pm On May 06, 2017
This baby no send anybody. His destiny is to be on this earth. This one go even survive abortion.

3 Likes

Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by Nobody: 5:37am On May 07, 2017
baby124:
This baby no send anybody. His destiny is to be on this earth. This one go even survive abortion.
grin grin I'm telling you
Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by Adesina12: 8:17am On May 09, 2017
See Trumph in action grin

This one na jackie chan, James Bond ....emmmmm

jagugu88li and bibijay123 pls lend me another name for this powerful boy cheesy
Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by pressplay411(m): 8:45am On May 28, 2017
Does anyone really believe this?
Social Media no go kee person. From baby's clutching bibles and Quran now this?
RIP to the brains of those believing and spreading this fake news. So false the baby must have cried in falsetto.

1 Like

Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 28, 2017
pressplay411:
Does anyone really believe this?
Social Media no go kee person. From baby's clutching bibles and Quran now this?
RIP to the brains of those believing and spreading this fake news. So false the baby must have cried in falsetto.
You sound angry.

A little sense of humour bro.....it will take you a long way.

3 Likes

Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by pressplay411(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2017
jagugu88li:
You sound angry.

A little sense of humour bro.....it will take you a long way.

Yes you're right, I'm very angry.
Angry that there's no regulation to the information permeating the Internet. Angry that anyone can decide to wake up and cook up fake news and spread it all over the cyberspace, misinforming, misleading and miseducating the ever gullible masses that own smart phones but be acting dumb.
Some will continue to share the news as if it were in fact witnessed by them further giving life and spreading the falsehood.
So pray tell, where's the sense in such humour?

3 Likes

Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by Femsyn(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2017
Seen this news before now, but what actually surprised me during the buzz is that more people believed the story unlike if it had come from Nigeria or Africa. We suspected this one less just because it came from the Whites.

Hmmmm.. ..
Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by themonk(m): 7:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
jagugu88li:
It's probably the last thing a woman expects to see after going through labour and giving birth.

But for Lucy Hellein, from Alabama, the situation was all too real, reports the Daily Mail

Her newborn son was delivered by midwives clutching her coil – designed to stop her from getting pregnant in the first place.

Since being uploaded to Facebook last week, the ironic photo of Dexter Tyler has amassed more than 71 000 shares to date, the website reported.

She told Metro: "Dexter was definitely meant to be. His original due date was May 4th and even the doctor said "the force was strong with this one.

Ms Hellein added that it was actually her third Mirena device, which is a hormonal form of the coil, also known as an IUS, she had been fitted with.

Despite being fitted with the 99 per cent effective contraceptive in August last year, she discovered she was pregnant just before Christmas.

She was told she was already 18 weeks gone, suggesting she had conceived just days after it was planted inside her uterus.

Daily Mail
http://www.iol.co.za/news/back-page/look-baby-clutches-his-mothers-birth-control-coil-8954405
Hello beautiful
Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by Toks2008(m): 2:05am On Dec 22, 2017
jagugu88li:

Daily Mail

This is amazing. Lalasticlala needs to see this.

Could you make the topic more catchy by modifying it to something like...*Shocking pics of a New born clutching his mother's birth control coil.
Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
Toks2008:

This is amazing. Lalasticlala needs to see this.

Could you make the topic more catchy by modifying it to something like...*Shocking pics of a New born clutching his mother's birth control coil.
....that was a long time. wink Thanks anyway. Merry Christmas
Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by Toks2008(m): 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
jagugu88li:
....that was a long time. wink Thanks anyway. Merry Christmas

No topic is too late to hit the Frontpage.
Re: Baby Defies The Contraceptive Rule by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 06, 2018
Toks2008:

No topic is too late to hit the Frontpage.
I guess. But it's okay now, was just sharing for fun's sake.

(1) (Reply)

Chatting With Exes After Marriage / Pls I Need Advice On An AC To Buy / What Do You Appreciate Most About Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.