Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Is It Constitutional To Contest Elections In Two Different States? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Constitutional To Contest Elections In Two Different States? (494 Views)

I Won't Contest Elections Again After 2019 - Buhari / Let's Allow Youths To Contest Elections — Osinbajo / Festus Keyamo Reacts To Photos Of Crowd Welcoming Buhari In Different States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Constitutional To Contest Elections In Two Different States? by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 06, 2017
A politician in my state has made great political profile in another state. He has contested several elections in that state and has served in different capacities there too. Now he is back to my state to contest another key position. Be informed that he didn't serve on appointment in the other state, he was duly elected.

My question is is it constitutional to contest in two different states at different time?

Your opinion would be appreciated. Legal luminaries should come in please.
Re: Is It Constitutional To Contest Elections In Two Different States? by psucc(m): 7:06pm On May 06, 2017
That's obtainable in Southwest Nigeria.

Of course the Oba Akiolu of Lagos has said that Lagos does not belong to the Yorubas so anybody can contest there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Constitutional To Contest Elections In Two Different States? by naptu2: 7:12pm On May 06, 2017
Yes, it is.
Re: Is It Constitutional To Contest Elections In Two Different States? by yarimo(m): 7:12pm On May 06, 2017
Constitutionally he can contest in any Nigerian state, no were in the electoral act that say you must be an indigene of the state before you can contest. What is in the act is 1 you must be a Nigerian 2 you must belong to a political party 3 you must have a minimum of SSCE 4 talk about age ETC
Re: Is It Constitutional To Contest Elections In Two Different States? by mexxmoney: 7:38pm On May 06, 2017
You can if you meet any of the following criteria:
1. If it is your state of origin
2. If it is your state of birth
3 if u have resided in the state for more than ten years
4. If you married into the state
Re: Is It Constitutional To Contest Elections In Two Different States? by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 06, 2017
mexxmoney:
You can if you meet any of the following criteria:
1. If it is your state of origin
2. If it is your state of birth
3 if u have resided in the state for more than ten years
4. If you married into the state

Wow! Please, can I get these things in the constitution and what section?

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Today's Bomb Blast In University Of Maiduguri / Chibok Girls: For The Doubting Thomas, These Will Open Your Eyes / Benue State Governor(gov Ortom)empowers Youth With Wheelbarrows(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.