Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:39 PM

Igbo Land - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Land (11048 Views)

African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land / Part Of Igbo Land Where You Mustn’t Kill A Python / Who Is The Strongest Igwe In Igbo Land. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 9:14am On May 07, 2017
blues20:

Mutherfuvcker, where the hell are you crawling from. I'm from Ivo, Akaeze precisely in Ebonyi. Name your enclave lets start from there, you bloody imposter. angry
that's a Yoruba Muslim from osobo you are quoting up there

He wish he is igbo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:17am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:
that's a Yoruba Muslim from osobo you are quoting up there

He wish he is igbo
The nigga must be high on dry shit to be spewing such trash. This is the height of desperation I swear. Can't these mutherfuckers leave the Igbos alone? angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 9:18am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/25/ijebus-are-from-sudan-awujale-insists/

Guy, are you even Igbo?
Youa re only trying to save face.

Every serious academic work confirms everything i have been saying on this thread while you remain there and keep lying to all our very faces.
The true Igbo believes in ''Egbe'belu - Ugo'belu'' i.e Live and let live.

But these days, Igbos like yourself and others have become desperate land grabbers looking for relevance everywhere.

Look at a comprehensive Linguistic map of Africa by Ethnologue showing language areas.
Even though it isn't 100% accurate but it is close.

Notice that a good chunk of Ebonyi state and the Aniomas except the Asaba Area are not even classed as Igbo speakers. Neither are the Ikwerres and some others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:21am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Guy, are you even Igbo?

Every serious academic work confirms everything i have been saying on this thread while you remain there and keep lying to all our very faces.

But these days, Igbos have become desperate land claimers looking for relevance everywhere.

Look at a comprehensive Linguistic map of Africa by Ethnologue showing language areas.

Notice that a good chunk of Ebonyi state and the Aniomas except the Asaba Area are not even classed as Igbo speakers. Neither are the Ikwerres and some others.

Nigga quit parading lies here in the bid to further divide Igboland. If you are truely from Ezza, iriri ede' ure? Are you sane? cc Igboid.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 9:33am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:
grin grin

see how the oba Left The oonis hand hanging,would he have done that to oba of bini?

The Yorubas you are trying to talk about that they are Sudanese, they are Benin, they are This they are that, look at their territorial map.

Impressive!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 9:39am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Guy, are you even Igbo?

But these days, Igbos like yourself and others have become desperate land grabbers looking for relevance everywhere.

Finish the proverb pls,osobo man,keep decieving yourself and you Chi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 9:44am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

The Yorubas you are trying to talk about that they are Sudanese, they are Benin, they are This they are that, look at their territorial map.

Impressive!

i wasnt the one who said it,twas their king

https://edonationsatelite..com.ng/2016/05/ijebus-are-from-sudan-awujale-insists.htmlThe Awujale of Ijebuland, Ogun State, Nigeria, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, ogbagba II who will tomorrow round-off the celebration of his 50 years on the throne.

In an interview with P.M.NEWS in his palace at Ijebu Ode, the monarch, when reminded of his claim in 1983 that the Ijebus are from Waddai in Sudan, said every tribe in the country migrated from somewhere.

Says Oba Adetona: “Let me tell you, there are ways of settlements, even before Oduduwa came to Ile-Ife, Ife was already in existence. All you just have to do is go to history books, you'll see all these things there.

Reminded that the statement is often used against the Ijebus with people regarding them as aliens, Awujale described such act as rubbish, saying how can they use it against the Ijebus? Who is using it against them? What about others? Are they not from other areas before they settled here?

Oba Adetona who marked his 76 birthday on 10 May, 2010 said no Nigerian has any right to use the source of migration against another as it is evident all over the world that everybody has his or her roots.

In his royal message, the Awujale advised traditional rulers to steer clear of partisan politics as it is obvious that their subjects can never belong to the same political party and a royal father must not seen to be taking sides.

He told P.M.NEWS that his memorable encounter with the first civilian governor of Ogun State, the late Chief Olabisi Onabanjo, in 1983 occupies a chapter in his book that will be launched tomorrow at the grand finale of his coronation anniversary at the Gateway International stadium, Ijebu-Ode.
On the clash between him and the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunabde Sijuade, Oba Adetona said: Don't forget, people try to say we have differences, no, not at all. I am the Awujale of Ijebuland, my instrument of office says so. Ooni is Ooni of Ile-Ife, the instrument of office given to him states so.

All the claims he is making now are not correct, they are not tenable. The first time the Obas ever met in Yorubaland was in 1937. Before then, they never met, so I think the man is playing politics, trying to over price himself, Awujale explained.
Asked if they've both met of recent, the paramount ruler exclaimed: Where and for what!?

He stressed that they were not competing for anything and he has no cause to go to Ile-Ife just as Ooni has no mission in Ijebuland. see your Obas prancing about naked andplaying in the muds

no wonder you hate being yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:44am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Impressive!

Ikom le' Ezza, bia lai kpu uka. Itum'egu? Owere'ive egbui 'levo, wofutia lai giri enyai voru.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 9:45am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:
Finish the proverb pls,osobo man,keep decieving yourself and you Chi

Hhaha, this one you posted is the "Modernist" version of Igbo territory.
Ethnologists are not stupid.

Again, look at ANOTHER map of TRUE speakers of Igbo. Not political Igbo.

Again it agrees with all my points. Northern Enugu - OUT. Ebonyi - OUT, Anioma - OUT, Arochukwu - OUT
Again, let me mention that it isn't accurate, but it is close.

In rivers, only the Omumma general area is there. Ikwerre, Ekpeye and Etche are out.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Land by Nobody: 9:49am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Hhaha, this one you posted is the "Modernist" version of Igbo territory.
Ethnologists are not stupid.

Again, look at ANOTHER map of TRUE speakers of Igbo. Not political Igbo.

Again it agrees with all my points. Northern Enugu - OUT. Ebonyi - OUT, Anioma - OUT, Arochukwu - OUT
Again, let me mention that it isn't accurate, but it is close.

In rivers, only the Omumma general area is there. Ikwerre, Ekpeye and Etche are out.
Sight your source and stop pulling out useless photoshoped map from your ass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 9:49am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:
i wasnt the one who said it,twas their king

https://edonationsatelite..com.ng/2016/05/ijebus-are-from-sudan-awujale-insists.htmlThe Awujale of Ijebuland, Ogun State, Nigeria, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, ogbagba II who will tomorrow round-off the celebration of his 50 years on the throne.

Okay, I will wait for a Yoruba person to come here and come and defend Yoruba, because that is not what I am here for.
But in the meantime, I know Binis have a heavy dose of Yoruba influence themselves, except they want to deny it.
Some of their gods, foods, festivals etc are even similar if I am right.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 9:52am On May 07, 2017
blues20:

Sight your source and stop pulling out useless photoshoped map from your ass.

Bro, there is no shame in admitting that you were wrong from the start.
Igbos are big enough to be by themselves instead of claiming far flung places in Edo and Benue.
When not even all our 5 SE states are 100% gbo, we come dey claim those wey no even dey part of us.

O di egwu o, for real.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Land by Nobody: 10:02am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Bro, there is no shame in admitting that you were wrong from the start.
Igbos are big enough to be by themselves instead of claiming far flung places in Edo and Benue.
When not even all our 5 SE states are 100% gbo, we come dey claim those wey no even dey part of us.

O di egwu o, for real.
nda'ive mara. Ikom na'Ezza. Rukpawo mbu oru ugbo. Gi bia doro lebe da hyagbo onweyi lu uwa. You are a bloody imposter. I don't care whether Ikwerre, Anioma and co agree to be Igbo or not, but don't dare drag Ebonyi into that identity bullshit. Just focus on your game nigga. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 10:05am On May 07, 2017
blues20:

nda'ive mara. Ikom na'Ezza. Rukpawo mbu oru ugbo. Gi bia doro lebe da hyagbo onweyi lu uwa. You are a bloody imposter. I don't care whether Ikwerre, Anioma and co agree to be Igbo or not, but don't dare drag Ebonyi into that identity bullshit. Just focus on your game nigga. angry

Oko you don't know what u are talking about.
if being Igbo was a religion, most Ebonyi people would be recent converts into Igbos.
When we were under the Old Ogoja division, our original identities were much more prominent then.

Anyways, what do you know. Nwattakiri.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 10:05am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Okay, I will wait for a Yoruba person to come here and come and defend Yoruba, because that is not what I am here for.
But in the meantime, I know Binis have a heavy dose of Yoruba influence themselves, except they want to deny it.
Some of their gods, foods, festivals etc are even similar if I am right.
I can see your thick osogbo tribal marks and traces of yesterday's Amala under your finger nails through my system's screen

I know how it feels to be yoruba,if i were yoruba,like you i would deny it too

I can only Imagine your pains

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

if being Igbo was a religion, most Ebonyi people would be recent converts into Igbos.
When we were under the Old Ogoja division, our original identities were much more prominent then.

reply in Igbo nah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 10:06am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:

I can see your thick osogbo tribal marks and traces of yesterday's Amala under your finger nails through my system's screen

I know how it feels to be yoruba,if i were yoruba,like you i would deny it too

I can only Imagine your pains

Okay.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Land by Nobody: 10:07am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Bia, iven nyeyi nsobu di le 'evoyi. You are the kid here. If you are truly from Ebonyi translate what I just stated? Bloody imposter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 10:08am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:
reply in Igbo nah

I am not here to be your student.
I am here to spell the facts.

If na me get Wikipedia, I will lock that Igbo topic forever because that place has become a tool for driving propaganda.
Just don't bring Ebonyi people into your Jewish BS.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 10:09am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Some of their gods, foods, festivals etc
are even similar if I am right.
attache by force

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 10:10am On May 07, 2017
blues20:

Bia, iven nyeyi nsobu di le 'evoyi. You are the kid here. If you are truly from Ebonyi translate what I just stated? Bloody imposter.

E pain am.

Next time you lot go out there to engage on your and grabbing mission, unu go think twice.
Btw: I don't understand what u are typing.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 10:10am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

I am not here to be your student.
I am here to spell the facts.

If na me get Wikipedia, I will lock that Igbo topic forever because that place has become a tool for driving propaganda.
Just don't bring Ebonyi people into your Jewish BS.
lol,reply in Ebonyi dialect nah

are you no longer an Abakiliki man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 10:11am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:
attache by force

Na Bini and Yoruba get their Wahala.
If they like they can deny one another till christ comes, to me Bini will always be quasi-Yoruba.

Bini and Yoruba are closer than some Ebonyi tribes to Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Land by Nobody: 10:11am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

E pain am.

Next time you lot go out there to engage on your and grabbing mission, unu go think twice.
I feel like kicking your butt real hard. Quit being an imposter. Ain't gonna help your course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 10:12am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

E pain am.

how would you understand,osobo man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 10:12am On May 07, 2017
Kiss the truth.

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 10:13am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Na Bini and Yoruba get their Wahala.
If they like they can deny one another till christ comes, to me Bini will always be quasi-Yoruba.

Bini and Yoruba are closer than some Ebonyi tribes to Igbo.
E pain am,Mr attache by force

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2017
Everybody should see the real extent of yorubaland,Oyo empire

btw ondo,ilajes,ikates,ijebus and others are foreigners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 11:18am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:
Everybody should see the real extent of yorubaland,Oyo empire

btw ondo,ilajes,ikates,ijebus and others are foreigners

Hhaha, this my bro is funny lol. Going by this your logic that Oyo Empire = Yorubaland, then even the Osogbo that you lot love to quote so often isn't even yoruba, while the Egun people of Miyise that you said are not Yorubas suddenly become Yoruba shocked grin How do you feel about that? betrayed?

Going by the same Logic, there won't even be anything called Igboland, cause we didn;t have any Empires to anchor on. lipsrsealed

Just waiting for Yorubas to come in here and straighten your brain. Maybe you don't know the difference between Oyo (1 group within the Yorubas) and Yoruba Ethnic group comprised of all the others.

Lets even Assume that that is all of Yorubaland, it is still 150,000 km², which is bigger than all our 5 South East Igbo states plus extra, and is not landlocked like igboland. And was also bigger than Anything in Southern Nigeria. we Igbos should be proud of it , honestly.

Let me help you post a bigger picture of what you posted.

Although other versions of it also exist, such as these:

E.tc

As for the Yorubas, here is their map

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 11:34am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Hhaha, this my bro is funny lol. Going by this your logic that Oyo Empire = Yorubaland, even the Osogbo that you lot love to quote so often isn't even yoruba. grin How do you feel about that? betrayed?

Going by the same Logic, there won't even be anything called Igboland, cause we didn;t have any Empires to anchor on. lipsrsealed

Just waiting for Yorubas to come in here and straighten your brain. Maybe you don't know the difference between Oyo (1 group within the Yorubas) and Yoruba Ethnic group comprised of all the others.

Lets even Assume that that is all of Yorubaland, it is still 150,000 km², which is bigger than all our 5 South East Igbo states plus extra, and is not landlocked like igboland. And was also bigger than Anything in Southern Nigeria. we Igbos should be proud of it , honestly.

Let me help you post a bigger picture of what you posted.

Although other versions of it also exist, such as these:

E.tc

As for the Yorubas, here is their map

blah blah,took u approximately 2 hours to come back with this bullshit

I stand with what I said before,ondo,ilaje and others are not yoruba

Kill yaself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Land by AbakalikiPress: 11:38am On May 07, 2017
agadez007:
blah blah,took u approximately 2 hours to come back with this bullshit

I stand with what I said before,ondo,ilaje and others are not yoruba

Kill yaself

My Olodo bros.
Ndo.

If you notice, I have been to other threads and even had a shower before I came back here. I didn;t even know you had made another post.
Anyways, I am going for Afternoon mass so I may not see ur reply till I come back.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Land by agadez007(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

My Olodo bros.
Ndo.

If you notice, I have been to other threads and even had a shower before I came back here. I didn;t even know you had made another post.
Anyways, I am going for Afternoon mass so I may not see ur reply till I come back.

grin
ok,we continue when u return from mosque

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does “akanda”/“akanda Omo” In Yorubaland Mean? / The Great Hausa Queen Amina Of Zazzau / Nigeria: Are We Really That Bad and Beyond Repair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.