Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths (8573 Views)

7 Ways To Elongate The Life Of Your Car Battery / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic / It's Medically Wrong To Use The AC Just Immediately You Enter Your Hot Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by obafemee80(m): 2:39am On May 07, 2017
Many parents believe they have dropped their children off at daycare only to find later the child was still in the car. Or parents don’t realize their kids climbed into the car.

Most of the children are mistakenly forgotten. Some of the children crawl into the car without the parents’ knowledge and get stuck. And, a small percentage of children die because their parents believe it’s safe to leave them.

Children are more susceptible than adults to heatstroke.
Children's regulatory systems aren't quite developed yet, and so their ability to produce sweat is diminished...versus adults

These are 7 tips that every parent should follow:

1. Look before you lock

Open the backdoor and look in the backseat to assure that everyone is out of the car (even if you think you are childless).

2. Keep something you need in the backseat

Put your cell phone, briefcase, computer, lunch, ID badge, left shoe, or anything essential to your daily routine beside your child.

3. Travel with a furry companion

Keep a stuffed animal in the car seat. When baby is in the seat, the stuffed animal rides shotgun. The furry passenger serves as a reminder that baby’s in the back.

4. Always lock the doors

Even if the car is in the garage, keep the doors locked to prevent curious children from getting into the car.

5. Put the keys and fobs away

Kids might want to play with keys and be able to get into the car without parents knowledge.

6. Have a plan with childcare provider

If your child does not show up to daycare or school without prior notice, someone should call to locate child.

7. If you see something, do something

If you see a child alone in a car, do not hesitate to call an emergency line or find a way to get the child out.

So what do you do if your child (or pet) is locked inside with you outside or you see a child locked in a car? Here are some basic tips, if you don't have a spare set of keys:

-Call an emergency line
-While waiting, cover the windows to keep the car from heating up so fast
-If you break the car window, do it far away from the child

The biggest mistake people make is thinking it can’t happen to them

When you say ‘this can’t happen to you’ then you have already decided you don’t need to use these safety tips … it is easier to blame others than to understand that we are all vulnerable.

http://www.today.com/parents/7-tips-preventing-hot-car-related-deaths-children-t31551
Edited by obafemee80

Lagos emergency number

Toll free Emergency dial - 767 / 112 (Police, Ambulance, Emergencies etc)

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by Damidave1124(m): 7:13am On May 07, 2017
Wow! FTC just few days on nairaland and here I am, what some people have been struggling for. Anyways I dedicate it to all hustler in the house, God will favour you all.

See me for car section ooo, he be like say my own car dey road dey come ooo

3 Likes

Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by Abaasit4real(m): 7:16am On May 07, 2017
Nice write up!
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by matinos28(m): 7:16am On May 07, 2017
hot car death kwa? Anyone who forgets a child inside a car and locks it is very irresponsible

4 Likes

Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by ib4real95(m): 7:17am On May 07, 2017
Topic sounded weird at first

3 Likes

Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by dujaswags1(m): 7:18am On May 07, 2017
It happens. Thanks for sharing!!
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by hezy4real01(m): 7:18am On May 07, 2017
Hmmmm confusion can make u forget all these if gobe happen
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by Nobody: 7:18am On May 07, 2017
nice...
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by CashZamani(m): 7:18am On May 07, 2017
k
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by Aldebaran(m): 7:20am On May 07, 2017
what an eye-opener
Thanks
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by Nobody: 7:23am On May 07, 2017
Nice one.
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by mu2sa2: 7:29am On May 07, 2017
Very rare in nigeria. Infact I have never heard of it. Could be because our kids have been conditioned by our hot weather to withstand such heat or maybe we are more careful.
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by onadana: 7:33am On May 07, 2017
Which kain yeye parent go think say.. pickin na air...or pickin dey invisible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by Rhrose: 7:35am On May 07, 2017
Hot car deaths Bawo

1 Like

Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by gbadexy(m): 7:38am On May 07, 2017
spagssphils:
CHEAPER THAN MOST PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA
I hope this is genuine and not those deceiving nigerians abroad to harvest their organs.
sorry to rain on your parade but I was sent a very terrible video of an African cut open with his heart and lungs visibly still functioning and I have the moral responsibility to spread the awareness.
To the topic, nice points. what of not fully winding up glasses during the day.
@ mu2sa2, few cases of such has been reported here in nigeria of children that went to play in a car and died after getting trapped.
children go and play in open cars and could accidentally lock themselves inside.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by praisekeyzz(m): 8:03am On May 07, 2017
Damidave1124:
Wow! FTC just few days on nairaland and here I am, what some people have struggling for. Anyways I dedicate it to all hustler in the house, God will favour you all.

See me for car section ooo, he be like say my own car dey road dey come ooo
ehn it's because it's still freaking u na.
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by gbadexy(m): 8:06am On May 07, 2017
spagssphils:

This is tested and trusted sir.... You can as well test for the genuity by linking up with us. ...testimonies and winesssses are evident
Ok then.
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by Damidave1124(m): 8:12am On May 07, 2017
praisekeyzz:
ehn it's because it's still freaking u na.
yea grin
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by Nobody: 8:28am On May 07, 2017
Teach them how to open the car or always leave the glass open half way if you have a garage
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by Krossbow123: 10:51am On May 07, 2017
matinos28:
hot car death kwa? Anyone who forgets a child inside a car and locks it is very irresponsible
I will pray for u cos u need deliverance
Re: Don't Let It Happen To You: 7 Ways To Prevent Hot Car Deaths by chuka5000(m): 11:13am On May 07, 2017
matinos28:

three kids from same parents died recently in this country from the hot car saga, it was all over social media so if u check I might still get the news. things are happening bro/sis.

(1) (Reply)

Why Mechanics Remove Car Thermostats / 10 Essential Safety Tips For When Driving In The Rain / How Much Does It Cost To Register A Car In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.