Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,941 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion (1475 Views)

Slavery And Islam / The Uselessness Of African Voodoo - Ayodele / Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by realmindz: 11:17am On May 07, 2017
Since over a century that slavery had been abolished, it's effect still lives on. Our ancestors were forcefully enslaved and colonized, but their generations, till today has continually been mentally enslaved with the most powerful tool "Religion".

Thanks to religion;

We have demonized our ancestors and their gods while we see the Jewish/Arab gods as supreme and holy.

We rather bear Arab/jewish names

Their lands are holy lands

We hope for a new Jerusalem instead of a new Nigeria

Religion is a curse when we have lost our genealogy, I've read the bible and the genealogy has nothing to do with us but we actually think Noah is our ancestor.

We don't even know our history, we have assigned the names of our ancient gods to the Jewish/Arab gods.

Orisha Olorun was never Yahweh/Allah.
Eledumare, Abassi, Chukwu were never Yahweh/ Allah.
Eshu was never Satan.

If you say Olokun, Oshun, Amadioha, Yemoja are demons...pls tell me those they killed compared to the Jewish blood thirsty god?

We are just too pathetic, shallow thinkers that live on emotions.

Religion is much better for enslaving minds, it penetrates the emotions and it sells. every object in the society carries a message of foreign religion. Afterall, If most people can believe, then it's right....

But who said we cant package our very own and make it appealing as well.
Let foreigners come to our land to learn ifa and call our lands holy. Let's make our festivals beautiful as well. (I just love that heritage bank advert)

And if you still think the supreme God was Arab/ Jewish and they were his chosen people. An almighty God who created everyone won't have a people he will call his people nor a land he called his land out of the vastness of the universe for all are his people. You have been deceived!!!

I know you religious folks will come for me in fury to defend your slave masters and their gods, afterall that's the beauty of mental slavery.

OtemAtum Wilgrea7 anunaki2 Fukai hahn Tallesty1 Kingebukasblog seun analice107
Muafrika2

22 Likes 10 Shares

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Nobody: 11:34am On May 07, 2017
Well said Bro...

3 Likes

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Aaronsrod: 11:57am On May 07, 2017
Jesus came to set us free. That is all you need to know.
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by CatfishBilly: 12:08pm On May 07, 2017
Aaronsrod:
From what exactly?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by hopefulLandlord: 12:17pm On May 07, 2017
Aaronsrod:
what exactly did he come to save us from

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by realmindz: 12:27pm On May 07, 2017
Aaronsrod:
Lol, this guy and sarcasm
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by OtemAtum: 2:25pm On May 07, 2017
CatfishBilly:

From what exactly?
from your unbelief and ingullibility
For if you believe, you shall be in the royal sheephood. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 07, 2017
I thought you were onto something until you started blaming religion for something you haven't made clear enough undecided

Those gods of our ancestors are well known for demanding human sacrifices, forbidding inventions, and no, they cannot be "repackaged," in fact, that you are even suggesting repackaging is testament to just how outdated they are. Christianity is the only religion that has proven to be resistant to age. grin
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by realmindz: 6:06pm On May 07, 2017
Muafrika2:
I thought you were onto something until you started blaming religion for something you haven't made clear enough undecided

Those gods of our ancestors are well known for demanding human sacrifices, forbidding inventions, and no, they cannot be "repackaged," in fact, that you are even suggesting repackaging is testament to just how outdated they are. Christianity is the only religion that has proven to be resistant to age. grin

Just as Jephthah burnt his daughter or as Yahweh demanded Abraham's son.
Perhaps you did not know of the burning of human bones on Yahweh's alter.

You dont know the religion you practice, Yahweh was more blood thirsty and barbaric than our African gods. The Yahweh demon was repackaged and sold to appeal to you. Do the same to yours. fortunately our African gods are not as evil as Yahweh the holy killer

Secondly we all know how the church killed our early scientist for heresy

Exodus 13:2 the Lord said
“Consecrate to me every first-born that opens the womb among Israelites, both man and beast, for it belongs to me.

your pastors won't preach this, it was not anointing bro, it was blood sacrifice, all na packaging

Jeremiah 19
I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh...
from a loving yahweh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 07, 2017
realmindz:

Just as Jephthah burnt his daughter or as Yahweh demanded Abraham's son.
Perhaps you did not know of the burning of human bones on Yahweh's alter.

You dont know the religion you practice, Yahweh was more blood thirsty and barbaric than our African gods. The Yahweh demon was repackaged and sold to appeal to you. Do the same to yours. fortunately our African gods are not as evil as Yahweh the holy killer

Secondly we all know how the church killed our early scientist for heresy

Our scientists? undecided Are you referring to European scientists? So you will take their science, philosophy, but you have a problem with their Christianity? Only? undecided
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 07, 2017
Aaronsrod:

Free from what? poverty? illiteracy? sickness? what exactly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by dalaman: 8:21pm On May 07, 2017
Muafrika2:

Yahweh was repackaged and sold as another God by the christians , this time he was 3 Gods in one. We can do same to our African religions as well.

1 Like

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 07, 2017
dalaman:

Yahweh was repackaged and sold as another God by the christians , this time he was 3 Gods in one. We can do same to our African religions as well.

That's the beauty of Christianity. It can blend and be moulded into any culture. African included. Ageless.
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by realmindz: 9:31pm On May 07, 2017
Muafrika2:

That's the beauty of Christianity. It can blend and be moulded into any culture. African included. Ageless.

I'm glad you have eventually agreed that Christianity was blended. Religion is man made, Christianity/ Islam remains a tool..
kudos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 07, 2017
realmindz:

I'm glad you have eventually agreed that Christianity was blended. Religion is man made, Christianity/ Islam remains a tool..
kudos
Only the best are imitated and passed off my friend. ...

That the most powerful kingdoms and powers have been seeking power and expansion in the name of Christ ( first the Roman Empire, then the Europeans) should give you an Idea of the kind of power and influence that Christ has over the earth. Even the US still uses the name of Christ to exert political influence.
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Logicbwoy: 9:48pm On May 07, 2017
Watch and see how christians avoid this thread

3 Likes

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by realmindz: 10:11pm On May 07, 2017
Muafrika2:

Only the best are imitated and passed off my friend. ...

That the most powerful kingdoms and powers have been seeking power and expansion in the name of Christ ( first the Roman Empire, then the Europeans) should give you an Idea of the kind of power and influence that Christ has over the earth. Even the US still uses the name of Christ to exert political influence.

I rly agree with you that Christianity is the world most powerful religion, at least the most powerful nation is Christianity. A religion that was used to enslave the black race and still enslave us. The powerful ones use Christ to rule the mind of the weak. Here in Nigeria, men are worshipped in the name of christ.

But the beauty of it lies in the ignorance and gullibility of a multitude and a very few knowledgeable ones who sit at the top of the pyramid.

This world is a pyramid and everything follows an order to maintain balance.
The food chain is one pyramid structure in which the most vulnerable which are majority stay below and most powerful who are few sit on top.

Knowledge is another pyramid structure, a majority ignorant folks ccupy the base while a few knowledgeable ones sit on top. The powerful ones know religion is man made and they use it to rule the ignorant ones below, however, they appear in public to be religious.

I know I am still growing in the knowledge tree, I may not have gotten to the top yet, but I'm proud I'm not down there among you religious blinded folks who are the majority. It's so unfortunate that the world was made this way, but it has to be to maintain the balance, everyone can't know the secrets of this world. The higher one rises, the more one shall appreciate the importance of secrecy. A level shall come, I shall keep shut and enjoy the gullibity of the masses...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by dalaman: 11:06pm On May 07, 2017
Muafrika2:

Sure, christianity is very malleable, it can be beaten into any form or shape.

1 Like

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by hahn(m): 12:00am On May 08, 2017
"A slave is never aware of his chains"

Na me talk am

Quote me B grin

4 Likes

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Nobody: 10:50am On May 28, 2017
Muafrika2:

Our scientists? undecided Are you referring to European scientists? So you will take their science, philosophy, but you have a problem with their Christianity? Only? undecided

Japan took their science but rejected their religion. China, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan... did the same

2 Likes

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Born2Freak(f): 11:01am On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

Japan took their science but rejected their religion. China, Singapore, Korea, Taiwan... did the same

India too. Despite being influenced and bullied by the British, they remained Hindu.

2 Likes

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Nobody: 11:37am On May 28, 2017
Born2Freak:

India too. Despite being influenced and bullied by the British, they remained Hindu.

Aren't we coming back to where we started? grin

Mental laziness grin grin

http://terrymante..com/2013/07/3-signs-of-mental-laziness.html
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Born2Freak(f): 2:57pm On May 30, 2017
onyenze123:

Not mental laziness
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Born2Freak(f): 2:59pm On May 30, 2017
onyenze123:

Not mental laziness. The effects of being enslaved
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Niflheim(m): 6:32pm On May 30, 2017
"Eledumare is superior to Yahweh, because Eledumare never told his followers to kill other people after taking over their land"--------Professor Douglas Anele
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by hopefulLandlord: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
Niflheim:
"Eledumare is superior to Yahweh, because Eledumare never told his followers to kill other people after taking over their land"--------Professor Douglas Anele

hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Deicide: 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
I love how some Atheist run to irrelevant threads to argue same old argument I guess Atheism needs Theism to survive, well op Nice Thread
Re: After Effect Of African Slavery And Religion by Logicbwoy: 1:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
Deicide:
I love how some Atheist run to irrelevant threads to argue same old argument I guess Atheism needs Theism to survive, well op Nice Thread

(1) (Reply)

Angel Gomes, After Prayer From Tb Joshua, Makes Manchester United History! / How Much Hell Do I Get? / Popular Nigerian Pastor Chris Okotie Poses With His Customized Rolls Royce Car(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.