Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,847 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:22 AM

Recommend A Good Church For Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recommend A Good Church For Me. (1988 Views)

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend / Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recommend A Good Church For Me. by TheRealOwner(m): 12:51pm On May 07, 2017
Hello house. I stopped going to church since October last year, but I really want to start again coz I now realise some importance of being identified with a church. Pls recommend any church for me with the following characteristics

1) Should have a reasonable amount of members nationwide ( maybe worldwide)
2) Must not have funny practices like offering sacrifice, burning incense, praying for people to fall down and die, etc
3) preferably non-denominational, ( However I won't mind an OK denominational assembly)
4) Should be an assembly that has functional Bible study meetings and meaningful prayer meeting and programs.
5) The G.O/Founder should not be someone who has been involved scandals in times past.
6) Must not be a church with controversial doctrines and teachings ( I won't mention names here since my aim us not to attack anybody)
7) The church should promote decency, moderation, contentment, good virtues, etc.
Any church that has at least 4 of these characteristic should be mentioned here. I'll make my private findings and choose an appropriate one.

I realise I can't stand alone for long as a Christian, I have stopped so many spiritual activities and I am unable to get rest of mind. I just want to settle down somewhere and live a quite and peaceful life. I have plans for my future, which maybe hindered by not belonging to any assembly.

Please let your recommendations come in. This is not a joke. If you don't have any meaningful contributions, kindly ignore

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by AntiWailer: 12:55pm On May 07, 2017
Day star

House on the rock.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by dingbang(m): 12:58pm On May 07, 2017
A church chooses you... You don't choose a church...

People would only recommend their own churches to you and when you attend, u may feel dissapointed because they didn't live up to ur expectations..

Be that as it may, I think the best church is the church that acts like the early Christians... In the Acts of the apostles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 07, 2017
you should know a chrurch with those quantity na

2 Likes

Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by mikky4764(f): 1:30pm On May 07, 2017
Since u know the type of churches that u do not wish to attend, u shld as well know the type of churches to attend na.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by Nutase: 1:31pm On May 07, 2017
Celestial church of Christ

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by Khd95(m): 1:34pm On May 07, 2017
olumba olumba
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by TheRealOwner(m): 1:48pm On May 07, 2017
dingbang:
A church chooses you... You don't choose a church...

People would only recommend their own churches to you and when you attend, u may feel dissapointed because they didn't live up to ur expectations..

Be that as it may, I think the best church is the church that acts like the early Christians... In the Acts of the apostles.

What do you mean by a church chooses you?

Well I know people will recommend theirs, that's why I said I will make my own findings about the suggestions
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by TheRealOwner(m): 1:51pm On May 07, 2017
mikky4764:
Since u know the type of churches that u do not wish to attend, u shld as well know the type of churches to attend na.
There are so many churches in Nigeria. I just want people to give me suggestions. I can't sample all of them now. I will only know a church after it has been recommended then I do my own findings
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by TheRealOwner(m): 1:53pm On May 07, 2017
joshysmartie:
you should know a chrurch with those quantity na
there are plenty in Nigeria. I don't know all the churches in my resident city alone, that's y I need suggestions
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 07, 2017
TheRealOwner:
there are plenty in Nigeria. I don't know all the churches in my resident city alone, that's y I need suggestions

u never ready..
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by TheRealOwner(m): 2:20pm On May 07, 2017
joshysmartie:

u never ready..
like I said earlier, if you don't have any meaningful contributions, kindly depart
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 07, 2017
TheRealOwner:
like I said earlier, if you don't have any meaningful contributions, kindly depart

like its a meaningful thread.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by TheRealOwner(m): 6:09pm On May 07, 2017
joshysmartie:

like its a meaningful thread.

Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by orunto27: 6:20pm On May 07, 2017
Attend a Catholic Sunday School nearby.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by CandidSeeker(m): 9:17pm On May 07, 2017
TheRealOwner:
Hello house. I stopped going to church since October last year, but I really want to start again coz I now realise some importance of being identified with a church. Pls recommend any church for me with the following characteristics

1) Should have a reasonable amount of members nationwide ( maybe worldwide)
2) Must not have funny practices like offering sacrifice, burning incense, praying for people to fall down and die, etc
3) preferably non-denominational, ( However I won't mind an OK denominational assembly)
4) Should be an assembly that has functional Bible study meetings and meaningful prayer meeting and programs.
5) The G.O/Founder should not be someone who has been involved scandals in times past.
6) Must not be a church with controversial doctrines and teachings ( I won't mention names here since my aim us not to attack anybody)
7) The church should promote decency, moderation, contentment, good virtues, etc.
Any church that has at least 4 of these characteristic should be mentioned here. I'll make my private findings and choose an appropriate one.

I realise I can't stand alone for long as a Christian, I have stopped so many spiritual activities and I am unable to get rest of mind. I just want to settle down somewhere and live a quite and peaceful life. I have plans for my future, which maybe hindered by not belonging to any assembly.

Please let your recommendations come in. This is not a joke. If you don't have any meaningful contributions, kindly ignore

Start and coordinate a fellowship based on your listed Characteristics. You will attract believers with shared ideas, and you can modify along the line as you are led by "The Spirit". (...For where two or three are gathered...Matt.18:20)

That's how all the churches you see today started.

Dissatisfaction is possibly leading you to make a difference.

-Peace.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 07, 2017
CandidSeeker:

Start and coordinate a fellowship based on your listed Characteristics. You will attract believers with shared ideas, and you can modify along the line as you are led by "The Spirit". (...For where two or three are gathered...Matt.18:20)

That's how all the churches you see today started.

Dissatisfaction is possibly leading you to make a difference.

-Peace.

Hi brother,
First off I appreciate you and 3 other men (Sonofthunder, Image123, & Sinkills) who consistently give humble, kind & scriptural responses to various threads.
I may not always agree with the replies, but the way in which you three respond speaks highly.
I like to give encouragement...especially when it's due.
Okay...back to my question.
I like what you are saying, but don't you think that people branching off and starting "groups" can also be detrimental....the flip side of the coin.
Isn't there a tendency to become cult-like...due to misinterpretation of the Bible?
Why not help improve at the church in which one is attending OR pray to go to a more "open to suggestions" type church.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by JusticeSeeker: 5:59am On May 08, 2017
I recommend the following assemblies to you : 1. Peace House Discipleship meetings. I don't know which part of the country you come from but try and locate this assembly which is an interdenominational assembly that comes together once in a week for prayers and Bible Studies. 2. Deeper Life Bible Church.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by sonofthunder: 3:59pm On May 08, 2017
unless you have not been in the country for a long time (like since infancy/birth) then this shouldn't be a challenge.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by ikorodureporta: 4:52pm On May 08, 2017
U berra remain with yr parents-church.......most of d reigning churhes today are led by cultist. Dnt be deceived.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by blexxonmak(m): 5:12pm On May 08, 2017
If your interest is Salvation then, BRIDE ASSEMBLY @ Ijesha near CHOSEN is the place to go. You will thank me later.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by madegreatbygrace(m): 6:32pm On May 08, 2017
Where do you live?I asked because there's a church i know you'll like but it's in ikorodu ,Lagos.
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by CandidSeeker(m): 10:52am On May 10, 2017
Kindly forgive me once again for the late response.

MZLady39:

Hi brother,
First off I appreciate you and 3 other men (Sonofthunder, Image123, & Sinkills) who consistently give humble, kind & scriptural responses to various threads.
I may not always agree with the replies, but the way in which you three respond speaks highly.
I like to give encouragement...especially when it's due.

To God Be All The Glory Ma.
Kindly continue to intercede for us.

Okay...back to my question.
I like what you are saying, but don't you think that people branching off and starting "groups" can also be detrimental....the flip side of the coin.

Denominations today are operating the standards of the world, and not the pattern of the early church !

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. -Rm 12:2

But many that are first shall be last; and the last first. - Mk 10:31 (Talking about old 'churches' and Christians)

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. - Matt.10:34-35

A writer once pointed out that: True believers are leaving the church (denominations), and are going back to God.

Another writer also opined that: “if will take out The Holy Spirit from what they do in the early church, 95% of what they do will stop and only five percent will continue; But that if we take out The Holy Spirit from what we do in most churches today, 95% of what we do will continue and only 5% will stop”.
Let’s all check the agenda of our fellowship activities and patterns, and balance it with Christ.

Believers don’t go to church; We are ‘The Church' (Members of The Body)……We only gather for fellowship, anywhere and anytime agreed upon (…For where two or three are gathered…-Matt.18:20).

The Mandate to express The Kingdom is given to all of us:

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. – Matt.10:27-28

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. – 2Cor.3:5-6

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. - 2Cor.5:18-20

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. -Matt.28:19-20

God is not in a the building or at a location, He is now inside us, we bring His presence to wherever we gather:

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwells not in temples made with hands… -Acts 17:24

...Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. …But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. - John 4:20-24

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. -1Cor.3:16-17

We Must Submit Like A Sacrifice:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. – Rom.12:1 (As a Living Sacrifice, we often wonder off 'The Altar' - Author Unknown)

We are to go beyond fasting; we are to live a ‘Fasted Life’.

We are to go beyond observing covenant time; we are to live a ‘Covenant Life’

The scenario we presently have is very complicated because the system was already polluted and corrupted before we were born! We are only able to see clearer than our parents because, while they never ask questions, you and I and others (through The Grace & Mercy of God)made a choice to study, meditate and prove all spirits:

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Tim.2:15

And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. -Acts.17:10-11

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. -1 Thessa.5:21

Isn't there a tendency to become cult-like...due to misinterpretation of the Bible?

Christianity is a cult! ……………It’s A Jesus Cult!

Cult As A Religious Group: A group of people who share religious or spiritual beliefs regarded by others as misguided, unorthodox, extremist, or false (this is how other religions perceive Christians).
Cult As Idolization of Somebody: An extreme or excessive admiration of a person, philosophy of life, or activity (this is how true Christians perceive Jesus Christ and His ideologies).

My Sister, we belong to ‘The Jesus Cult’!

Why not help improve at the church in which one is attending ?

Workers and ministers in established denominations follow the founder’s doctrine strictly. Most members are already brainwashed and too deluded to see the difference.

Anyone pointing out differences from The Bible is easily labeled a rebel or even the devil!

OR pray to go to a more "open to suggestions" type church.

Perfect advice, since all may not handle large congregations.

We don’t necessarily have to observe a full ‘church’ programme or agenda at every gathering. We can come together to sing hymns, to pray, to teach, to discuss, to share, etc.

We only need to be careful not to inhibit The Leading of The Spirit.

The Work of God is – becoming like Christ, expressing Christ, and helping others to become Christ through The Kingdom Life.

Forgive me for the lengthy piece.

-Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by TheRealOwner(m): 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
madegreatbygrace:
Where do you live?I asked because there's a church i know you'll like but it's in ikorodu ,Lagos.
Ibadan
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by Funkybabee(f): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2018
You can pray for holy spirit to guide u,

Though I can recomend winners,C.A.C or redeem
Re: Recommend A Good Church For Me. by enilove(m): 3:34am On Aug 06, 2018
MFM , MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES.
DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH
BRIDES ASSEMBLY
FOUR SQUARE GOSPEL CHURCH.

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't Apostate Just Move On With Their Lives / "If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say That The Father Was Greater Than He?" / The Fast Approaching End Time[middle East Crisis: Were Does It Lead To]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.